PDA

View Full Version : Which FF is the easiest? And which one is the hardest?

Cecilia
12-28-2004, 12:04 AM
Ooo.. My first thread.. :D
So..let me hear your opinions,people! Which one is the easiest and which one is the hardest? :D
Hope this haven't been made already.. :tongue: If it has, close it, and.. EXCUSE ME! :D

The Amazing Spiderman
12-28-2004, 12:05 AM
I think this belongs to the General Final Fantasy Discussion forum.. :p

Anyway....

Easiest: FFX

Hardest: FFIV (the hard one)

Cecilia
12-28-2004, 12:08 AM
Oops, sorry about that.. :D
I wasn't really sure where to post this.. IM SORRY!

bakabakabaka
12-28-2004, 12:12 AM
FFVII is hardest
FFX-2 is easiest!!

FFIX is the best!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love:

Ichimonji
12-28-2004, 12:14 AM
Hardest: FFIV
Easiest: FFX-2

Thunday Man
12-28-2004, 12:33 AM
Wrong forum but meh.

easiest = ff8
hardest = fftactics

m4tt
12-28-2004, 12:51 AM
To general FF we go!

Edit: or not, someone beat me to it.

Crazy the Clown
12-28-2004, 12:59 AM
Final Fantasy-Mystic Quest is, by far, the easiest of the Final Fantasy labeled games. It took me a grand total of 8 hours to beat.(I believe it was called, "Final Fantasy USA," in Japan.)

DJZen
12-28-2004, 01:35 AM
It was called "Final Fantasy USA: Mystic Quest" on the box and just "Mystic Quest" in the title screen.

Easiest depends how you define easy. From the way people talk about FFII it seems to be the hardest though.

ChaosCalibur
12-28-2004, 02:33 AM
Easiest is FFX, the hardest is... Eh i don't really know haven't played them all, just yet...

theundeadhero
12-28-2004, 03:15 AM
Easiest was Mystic Quest (but I still love it) and the hardest was FF Tactics.

The Dude Abides
12-28-2004, 03:21 AM
Easiest - ff9 i breezed through that although enjoyed every minute

Hardest - ff8 the junctioning baffled me all the way through

On a side note what is this other game mystic quest ? is it avalible in europe.

theundeadhero
12-28-2004, 03:30 AM
It's a SNES game that Japan released to America as an easy intro to RPg's because we're to stoopid to understand games like FF Tactics and Xenogears. I don't know if it's in Europe.

lazyOFAXIII
12-28-2004, 04:02 AM
I would have to say that Final Fantasy X was the easiest simply because of its simple Turn-based system and the ability to switch characters if they need it (I don't know if you can do this with any other Final Fantasy's because I haven't played that many)and its sphere grid system, find the spell you want then Level up and get it after beating the game with all of the spells I liked, I still had so many spheres left. And I would have to say that Final Fantasy VII was hard. I had trouble picking good Materia to equip my party as the good weapons had only a few slots and the weapons that had more slots, were considerably weaker. And the active time battle I liked :D

BTW, SephirothChick, I love your picture! It's so cool

(Jee I post long replies...)

UltimateSpamGrover
12-28-2004, 04:37 AM
Hardest: FFXI (you truly cant ever beat it, Square Enix adds more missions and quests each month, so the game is literally endless)

Easiest: FFI

Lord Chainsaw
12-28-2004, 05:09 AM
I find the easiest to be Mystic Quest. Of the main series I consider Final Fantasy VI to be the easiest.

Without cheating, I find Final Fantasy II to be the hardest. It's insane how many times you need to cast a spell to level it up.

SomethingBig
12-28-2004, 05:23 AM
Easiest - FFX
Hardest - So far FFII. I haven't even started the first quest, yet. I keep getting owned by monsters that have appeared within the first hour of the game.

rubah
12-28-2004, 06:27 AM
^-- quit walking around the shorelines. stupid chimaeras will get you every time (especially if they just stone you, and you don't have enough gil to get whatever item it is that removes it. I still have trouble with that every now and then-_-)

I'd probably say ff4 was the hardest-- although that might be my apathy towards it which= not much levelling.

ffx-2 wasn't all that easy. well, not if you're counting the bevelle sidequest in chapter five. . .

I'd probably say ff9 was the easiest. I only remember having trouble with one or two bosses. (and like with ff4, it didn't hold my attention long enough, so I didn't bother to try and battle with ozma, so it's sorta skewed:))

JayDee
12-28-2004, 07:04 AM
From what I've heard IV is pretty hard
and I hope it is cause im playing it now and need a challenge
from what ive played
VII was hardest cause it was my first rpg
IX was a breeze i dont remember getting stuck
on certain bosses like VII
plus i beat IX's final boss in one shot
whereas it took me around ten attempts to beat VII's final boss

Doors
12-28-2004, 08:25 AM
FF4-FF9 are all easy but the easiest is FFMQ by far!
FF3j is the hardest.

Braindead_Paul
12-28-2004, 11:03 AM
Hardest: FF3, maybe FF2
Easiest: FFIX

Polaris
12-28-2004, 11:42 AM
Battles:

Easier - FF8
Harder - FF6

Equip:

Easier - FF7
Harder - FF8

Cecilia
12-28-2004, 12:46 PM
Hm.. I havent played so many FF's.. Only VII-X..I havent beaten IX or X, but I havent even tried so meh.. So It'll be like this:
Easiest: VIII
Hardest: VII.. My favourite :D

BTW, SephirothChick, I love your picture! It's so cool
Aww, thank you..:D I love it too (duh):D

Ryth
12-28-2004, 01:35 PM
I haven't played Mystic Quest so I say FFX because it is the only one I've beaten. Hardest hmmmmm...... probably FFVII.

Macp
12-28-2004, 05:39 PM
Hardest: FFV

Easiest: FFX-2

Sephiroth_Lionhear88
12-28-2004, 06:13 PM
hardest: FF VI
easiest: FF VIII

Captain Maxx Power
12-28-2004, 07:04 PM
Easiest : Any FF when using cheat codes
Hardest : Any FF when attempting to control your characters by throwing M&Ms at the respective buttons, whilst attempting to lion tame.

Flamethrower
12-28-2004, 07:42 PM
Easiest: FFIX, probably.

Hardest: Either FFIV hardtype (still havn't beaten it) or the original version of FFI (takes hours to level up and buy good equipment).

Magus
12-28-2004, 08:10 PM
hmmm a poll might have helped me figure out which one is actually the easiest and which one was the hardest.

anyways, i thought FFX was way too easy, i haven't died once during the whole entire game. I blame it on save points! way too many save points + they heal u completely.

the hardest hmmm ... i don't think any of them was very hard, i never been pissed off to so bad to give up finishing a FF.

TheSpoonyBard
12-28-2004, 08:59 PM
I'd say the easiest one for me is FFVII as I've played it so many times I can literally do it with my eyes closed. The hardest one so far has been FFVIII as it's the only one from VI - X-2 I havn't completed. But that could always be laziness...

Sepho
12-28-2004, 09:58 PM
The easiest was X-2, surely.

The easiest was either FFIV[HardType] (Chronicles edition) or FF Tactics. Tactics can be hard if you don't know what you're doing.

Yuffie514
01-10-2005, 09:03 PM
Hardest: FFT
Easiest: FF-X/FFTA

Martyr
01-10-2005, 09:57 PM
Hardest was IV.
Easiest was probably a PS game, but those never deserve mention except for the occasional scoff ('cept maybe Tactics). I'll go ahead and shoot down VI since it was the easiest of pre PSX games.

The easiest was X-2, surely.

Quit calling me Shirly.

RedCydranth
01-10-2005, 11:55 PM
I found tactics to be easy, but still one of the best games Ive ever played.

Hardest FF? Probably 6
Easiest? Tie between 2 and X

Edit: After reading the first page it dawned on me why people think 2 is so difficult. People don't know how to abuse the system! No cheating required, just abuse the system as its allowed in the game. I wont spoil how but if you really really want to know I'm on AIM. RedCydranth is my name. IM me sometime, I'm always on, and if you get nothing, I'm away.

Dark Warrior
01-12-2005, 07:01 PM
(Sorry for my bad english) :rolleyes2 :rolleyes2

I've already finish Final Fantasy I to VII, and I've played FF VIII and IX,

I believe that the easiest FF ever made was:

Final Fantasy II Game Boy Advance, the reason: It's only takes me 2 days to finish it (14 hours)

And the award to the hardest was for:

Final Fantasy II NES version, this game was made for no one in the world couldn't finish it, It's unbelieveable the way to level up (If I wish level up Ultima to level 16, I have to used it 1600 times!!!!!!.

This one it's followed close for Final Fantasy IV (japanese version), but I still believe that the FF II it's the most difficult one

I'M REALLY SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH :rolleyes2 :rolleyes2

Slade
01-12-2005, 08:49 PM
Hardest = FFIX
Easiest = FFVII

AoiSora
01-13-2005, 04:05 AM
hmmm....

As far as easiest goes, I think FFX-2 gets it, hands down. The actual storyline itself was so short, and the sidequests really weren't hard at all. Just a little time-consuming what with that and leveling up your jobs (which that wasn't hard either).

But hardest...it's hard to pick. FF1 was hard because of all the trouble you had to go through to level up and buy your equipment and spells and such. FFIV took forever for your characters to level up, same with FFV and the job system. FFVIII's final boss is definitely the hardest I've encountered, and FFTactic's battle system made that one difficult. I guess I can't really choose.

Croyles
01-16-2005, 12:40 AM
the easiest has to be ff8 (i only played from 5 to 10-2), then ff7, then ff9 then ffx

whoever said ffx was the easiest is a bit cuckoo.

Alexander
01-16-2005, 02:32 AM
FFVIII is just toooo easy x.x only Omega Weapon is a real challenge.

And the hardest? By far FFVI! @.@

Shoden
01-21-2005, 07:37 PM
Hardest: IV
Easiest: 9, one of the reasons i hate it took me less than a week to finish it

equiping

hardest: 10 that sphere grid system was wrong
easiest: 8

Battle

Easiest: 9, no challenges at all
Hardest 4

Rase
01-22-2005, 05:25 AM
Hardest:FFIIj (without "cheating") or FFIVj.

Easiest: FFX

redxiiii
01-22-2005, 05:26 PM
Easiest-ffx-2
hardest-ff8 (Yes i`m another victim of the junctioning system???)

RedCydranth
01-22-2005, 05:35 PM
And the award to the hardest was for:

Final Fantasy II NES version, this game was made for no one in the world couldn't finish it, It's unbelieveable the way to level up (If I wish level up Ultima to level 16, I have to used it 1600 times!!!!!!.

Whoa, you never found out how to master magic? You never had to use the spell once to get it to level 16, seriously. Besides, magic in that game is barely neccessary. FF2 (NES or PS version) is the easiest if you know how to play it.

Again, I won't spoil anything, but if you must know, PM me or e-mail me and I'll tell you all about it. its a minor (well, yeah... Its actually major) flaw in the programming, no cheat device needed, just patience and time. If you don't have patience and time, don't play RPGs. Any RPG that requires no time or patience isn't a good one.

Del Murder
01-22-2005, 11:44 PM
My easiest was FFX and my hardest was FFV.

crashNUMBERS
02-08-2005, 01:21 AM
well instead of doing that whole easy hard stuff ill just give it to you like this

ff1: medium
ff2: hard
ff4: hard
ff5: medium
ff6: medium
ff7: medium
ff8: medium
ff9: easy
ff10: medium
ff10x2: easy
ff11: couldnt play yet cause it said i had a problem with my tnl / graphic card. any suggestions/ help??

the reason i dont have ff3 up there is 'cause i havent downloaded it yet.

kalaspappa
03-03-2005, 03:10 PM
It depends on what strategy you are using, anyway, for me Final Fabtasy IV is the hardest one, and IX the easiest one.

ljkkjlcm9
03-03-2005, 05:07 PM
FFIII is the hardest, it may seem pretty easy a little while, but having to turn yourself mini, having to use a crappy scholar, and the insane amount of just boring leveling up you have to do to survive is crazy.

FFII is not hard, just time consuming... I haven't done anything in it yet except got Minwu and have over 1500 HP for all my characters, strength over 50, Stamina about 50, for their specific magic category, 50.... it's really not that difficult...

But yes FFMQ would be the easiest of non FF series, and FF Legend I would be the hardest of non FF series..

SO in conclusion
Hardest: FFIII
Easiest: FFVIII (i know that came from no where... but c'mon the enemies level up with you? isn't that kind of telling you it can never increase or decrease in difficulty, and by staying a low level you make the game amazingly easy)

THE JACKEL

Cybele
03-03-2005, 08:31 PM
The easiest was probably FFX. The sphere grid was a piece of cake and with where Rikku and Kimahri were on it, they could get to almost any spell or go onto anyones sphere grid making all of the other characters who specialized in that attribute less useful. Also knowing when you're going to get your turn was way too easy. FFVII was pretty hard, Ruby and Emerald alone make it top the charts when it comes to difficulty. I haven't played 1, 2, 3, or 5 yet, so I wouldn't know how hard those are.

DJZen
03-03-2005, 10:06 PM
It's a SNES game that Japan released to America as an easy intro to RPg's because we're to stoopid to understand games like FF Tactics and Xenogears. I don't know if it's in Europe.

No, it's 'cause we were too stupid to understand FFIV. FF Tactics and Xenogears weren't even a glimmer in anyone's eye at that point.

Destination0
03-03-2005, 11:18 PM
every ff is easy if u know what u r doing
every ff is hard if u r clueless about what u r doing

Fire_Emblem776
03-04-2005, 06:36 AM
easyest FF VI
hardest V to much time to get apb!

Cless
03-11-2005, 08:12 AM
My easiest was FF7, defeated Sephiroth first time. Few problems progressing in game.
My hardest was FF10, took me ages to beat Sin. I was stuck on a few bosses for a while.

I can't help but notice that a lot of people said that X is the easiest FF. This confuses me. I had more trouble in this game than I encountered in all the Playstaion FF's put together. The only thing I can think of is that it was my first FF, and one of my first RPG's. So maybe, for me, the difficulty was from getting the hang of RPG's in general, rather than it being particularly hard.