PDA

View Full Version : FF2- Dreadnought

Erdrick Holmes
12-29-2004, 12:20 AM
In DoS's version of FF2 the Dreadnought took off from Brafsk and destroyed a few cities. Where do I go from here, I talked to a bunch of NPCs and they all keep telling me to talk to Cid. Cid only tells me how to destroy it but now where it's located. What do I do now?

DJZen
12-29-2004, 01:58 AM
The Warship? It's north of Phynn. WAY north. It's so far north that on your way up you'll probably start thinking "this is ridiculous, there's no way it could be this far, did I MISS it?" and turn around. Don't do that. Just keep going north. You'll get there eventually.

UltimateSpamGrover
12-29-2004, 02:05 AM
Its 1 hour of walking north of Fynn Castle, you cant miss it.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-29-2004, 02:28 AM
He's not that far yet.

Learn the key term Sunfire from Cid, then go to Altair and learn the key term Goddess Bell from the King of Fynn, then go to Salamando and ask Josef about the Goddess Bell.

Sephex
12-29-2004, 04:06 AM
I just did this part myself today. Listen to Kishi!

Erdrick Holmes
12-29-2004, 04:08 AM
Ok, thanks. I'm already in the Keep with Gordon. Thanks.

UltimateSpamGrover
12-30-2004, 06:42 AM
another way to get to the Dreadnought is to take the airship to Kas'ion and use the chocobo to go south to the dreadnought.

DarkLadyNyara
01-23-2005, 09:08 PM
Okay, this is just a pet peeve of mine, but the dreadnought is not north of Fynn, it's in southern Palamacia. Check the map if you don't beleive me.

UltimateSpamGrover
01-24-2005, 12:18 AM
Okay, this is just a pet peeve of mine, but the dreadnought is not north of Fynn, it's in southern Palamacia. Check the map if you don't beleive me.

Wrong, its in Southern Palamecia AND its north of Fynn.

DJZen
01-24-2005, 05:08 PM
The majority of land in FFII is all one giant strip. There are only 8 places in the game that can't be reached by foot (Snow cave, Deist, Tropical Island, Mysidia, Mysidian Tower, Pandaemonia, Mysidian Cave, and Jade Passage). Technically, you could just start the game and walk straight to the Palamecian Dessert.

I prefer to walk to the dreadnought because fighting the enemies along the way is a good way to gauge your readiness for the dreadnought itself. If you're wiping them out with ease, you're ready. Also, they drop many helpful items, and it never hurts to do some extra stat gaining in this game. That is, of course, unless it lowers your stats :D

DarkLadyNyara
01-30-2005, 01:02 AM
Wrong, its in Southern Palamecia AND its north of Fynn.

Yes, theoreticly, you're right. You can get to the Dreadnought by going north from Fynn. However, in my (admittedly warped) worldveiw, anything that close to the bottom of the map can't legitametly claim to be North of anything.

DJZen
01-30-2005, 07:06 PM
Okay, only the world of FFII is clearly not one flat square that magically warps you to another part when you walk off one of the boundaries. This is only horribly obvious in the FC version, but the world is in fact NOT Square, thus making all directions relative.