PDA

View Full Version : How do i get past this part?

Gregoriev
12-29-2004, 01:03 AM
Okay, pre-rendered backgrounds that look nice are great and all, but it pisses me off when i get lost in an area because of them.

I was going to do this yesterday when i was in the train yard with aeris and tifia trying to get back to sector seven, but i figured out how to use the two engines to move that one busted car out of hte way so i could proceed. Great...

TODAY, the pillar has collapsed and sector seven is no more. i climbed up this wire thing after the old guy at hte gun shop sold me a bunch of batteries. So i figure, okay i climb up, no problem.

WELL! I reach the first area above the pillar, jump around a few spots, and find i cannot proceed. so i push select. it shows with a red marker the area where i came in, but not the red one for a way out. Not even a green one to show a useful ladder. NOTHING!

Here is a link to my site with the area i am talking about. Please either tell me what rout to take, or email me a picture of the one i posted with some simple editing in pain to show exactly what path to take.

http://www.angelfire.com/ult/forumpics
(may take a bit to load, please wait for it.)

theundeadhero
12-29-2004, 01:11 AM
If I remember right at the top is where you storm the Shinra HQ. You have a choice of going up the stairs or through the front door. Choose the stairs to get items that you would miss otherwise and go up until you break inside. You can come back later in the game and get what you missed by not going in through the front door.

Gregoriev
12-29-2004, 01:17 AM
Thanks for the advice

but i don't think we are on the same page here...i just climbed up the wire, and now there looks to be some kind of wreckage or some messed up girder system that has a large propeller plane engine all up in there.

look at the pic on my website. a picture is worth 1000 words/.

TasteyPies
12-29-2004, 01:30 AM
Press select.

Two words.

rubah
12-29-2004, 01:35 AM
You have to put the batteries in.

(ew bitmap, I feel sorry for you:) and myself, because loading this thing is taking forever-_-)

You come in the middle path you marked, right? Go up, right at the fork, down at the next fork, then down again. Smack the little weird box thing with o (or if you get easily confused and changed the controls, x-- whichever is 'confirm')

then that should do. . .something, and you'll be able to continue where you have the question mark. iirc.

that place annoyed me, but mostly because I forgot to get a lot of the treasure. and I may be wrong, but that's how I seem to remember doing it.

TasteyPies
12-29-2004, 01:42 AM
You have to put the batteries in.

I just looked at at again and was going to edit to say that. Darn you and your lightning fast helpfullnesseses.

Gregoriev
12-29-2004, 02:02 AM
Thank you everyone!!! I would have never gotten past that dumb part without your help.

now i have a new problem. I need to guess the mayors password.
What is it? You know, mayor of midgar, on the 62 floor of the building. i wonder what it could be...

DJZen
12-29-2004, 02:11 AM
Would you like me to tell you how to figure it out or would you rather I just tell you what the password is?

Gregoriev
12-29-2004, 02:12 AM
please just tell me.

i don't want to spend 500 gil to get that dumb assistant mayor to tell me.

DJZen
12-29-2004, 02:25 AM
You don't have to pay him for it. Here's how you do it. The libraries are sorted by theme. In each library is a book that is out of place. Take the number in that book's title and look on the sign for that library. Count the letters in the name of the library, the letter that corresponds to the number you got from the book is the letter you need for the password.

Gregoriev
12-29-2004, 02:39 AM
please dude, just say it already....

Honestly, sorry if i did not make it perfectly clear in my last post, but just spit it out.
What ist he password? it's not that i can't care about your post giving away exactly how to find it, it's that i am tired, hence i don't care.

Please, what is the password so i can move on?

theundeadhero
12-29-2004, 02:46 AM
Okay, when I posted the picture wasn't up yet. sorry for the confusion.

FinalBob42
12-29-2004, 02:48 AM
I think the password is random.

1) Although you get an Elemental Materia if you guess the password on your first try, you don't have to. Keep talking to him several times and go down the list of passwords and you'll eventually get the keycard. Just keep guessing.

2) To get the right password the first time (for the Elemental Materia) without solving the puzzle, just tell him you need more time and go save your game at the save point. Use method 1) to get the password, load your savegame and get it right the first time.

3) Consult Game FAQs for additional help:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/game/20052.html

UltimaLimit
12-29-2004, 03:40 AM
The password is indeed random.

Save, reset, and guess as necessary. DJZen's right about the library, but I found it vague, confusing, and timewasting, so I save and guess.

JayDee
12-29-2004, 03:56 AM
If you want to get the password first try just save
at the entrance to Shinra HQ then go up
keep guessing the password until you get it right
remember that word then reset the game
go back up to the mayor and "guess" the word
EASY :)

rubah
12-29-2004, 05:42 AM
bleh, I missed out on elemental materia for almost the entire game because I did it right once, then reset on a higher level because I screwed up those items, then missed the password, and didn't reset again.

I started to regret it for a while, but added effect mollified me a bit:)

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
12-29-2004, 08:32 PM
That game in Shinra is fun! Don't reset. Play it. It's fun reading the titles. One of the best methods of putting general backstory in FFVII is when you read the titles in the 4 libraries and solve the puzzle. All you gotta do is figure out which one in each of the 4 libraries are in the wrong section, then count the # of letters up to the # it says at the beginning. Unscramble and solve. Fun.

Also, the Mayor says something different depending on what's the right answer. For example, if the answer is best, I think he calls himself the best, and each one yields a different comment.