PDA

View Full Version : If you were designing your own ff game...

DynasticJam
12-29-2004, 12:45 PM
if you were the designer of your own final fantsy game, what would the story be and the characters ...etc... :D

SadisticStreetSoldie
12-29-2004, 03:50 PM
Okay mine would be extremely crap and I've had these ideas in my head for about 6 years now. I'd have the characters from FF8 but in their twenties. A couple of years beating after Ultimecia, the SeeDs are called to serve in a war by Laguna between the evil, brainwashed people of Galbadia under the rule of Duchess Yuna (bear with me) who is the daughter of President Delling, seeking vengenge on anyone for his death and is secretly a goddess and Esther (SeeD would be on Esther's side of course) and they all survive but Squall goes missing and assume that he was killed when really he was taken prisoner by Galbadia. One day, he and Rinoa (who previously adopted a daughter who unknown to everyone is a goddess) meet up again. They have a new enemy, Hyne, (who has come back to life thanks to Ultimecia who discreetly revived him before she died so he would kill the humans and who is a god) and wants his magic back. Throughout the game, he takes over Esther and tortures the humans and rapes the women and stuff and marries Duchess Yuna so they can kill the humans to start a new dominant, worldwide race of gods and goddesses with unstoppable magical power. (Insert a good plot here). When his plans are nearly destroyed, he begins to suck the world up and kill everyone after the final battle while Yuna goes into hiding because she's a pussy. Rinoa kills herself to save everyone because the blood of the sorceous is the only thing that can kill him.

And yeah that's it but I also have a sequel: Squall and Rinoa Jr. peacefully sleeping in their house then the Duchess' second husband (who is undead, the general of a powerful, undead army and who wanted Hyne to win) breaks in and takes Rinoa Jr. outside and slashes her neck and then there's another war between the undead and the humans in Fisherman Horizon. Squall carries Rinoa Jr.'s body over to Rinoa Snr.'s grave and sheds a tear. The mixture of his tear and the blood of a god brings people back to life. And that's it for the sequel, it's extremely hard to come up with original storylines.

Rubbish, huh?

Zante
12-29-2004, 05:13 PM
I would try to make something new, It would be a game where you play for the bad guys instead of the clasisac heroes. The characters would be similiar to Seifer, Sephiroth or Shadow, as they all aren't exactly evil, but still have that baddas think about them. Also I wouldn't use the old save the world theme, rather something like the missions in FFX-2.

Xander
12-29-2004, 07:06 PM
This belongs more in the General FF forum than the FFX one.

And personally, I'd leave it to Square, because if I made it there would be way too many moogles and chocobos in it. ^_^

rubah
12-29-2004, 10:00 PM
Heh, interesting that you ask that.

I've had several ideas that could easily pan into games.

One of them involved characters that I don't know anything about (as compared to the other which is all characters) All I really know about it is a short mini-game: Letter Carrying.

The basis is that main guy hero and main girl heroine love each other, but for some reason have to communicate me. That leaves the narrator (not either of the heroes) to deliver letters between them. This is just a sidething as you go on through the game (sorta like the moogle thing in ff9 I guess) that happens when you reach a new area, or something similar happens.

Except, when you get halfway through the game, depending on how well you delivered letters, a scene will take place at a certain area at a differing time.

The gist is this:

party stops for the night at an inn/b&b, the rest of the party says goodnight and goes to bed, and you're left with hero and heroine. Dark stormy night outside, and a cutscene reveals the reason behind the letters (because you were too noble to read them) Hero (or heroine, I guess either way it could work) is massively suicidal and has convinced herione (or hero) to follow him (her) in death.

Lots of candles, open windows, wind blowing (don't fear the reaper baby) and the next morning, you find out that you have to fight the next boss with your two best (because obviously they're lovable and you kept them in the party the most) characters gone.

I have no clue where that came from, but I think I thought of it last summer. Then the rest of the game could involve trying to dig up hero's past to figure out how he could've done such a thing, etc.

the other idea is much less. . . disturbing.

It's character based, because I *know* these people (use them as alter-egos on irc and in forums, etc), they're almost real. Heck, rubah is a deriviative nickname from one of them (and just happens to mean fox in indonesian. go figure)

You've got Ruby, Derrick, Sam, Fenny (heh, these two are the troublesome ones-- because in my IRC wisdom, I used nicks that were existing characters, and then in rp I kept the names but changed the personalities-_- so now I'm stuck thinking of them as these people, but I can't use those names=copyright infringing:P), Thaddeus, and Illecebria (c'mon you have to have at least one pretentious latin mangled name:D)

It's set in a world where multiverse and the antiverse (names that will have to be improved upon) coexist, less than peacefully. The residents of the antiverse forsake the Thoughtful God, so they must live in another pocket of the universe, that overlaps on the multiverse, but unless you knew of the demenstional portals, you'd never notice it there.

The portals are integral to the continued existance of botht he multiverse and the antiverse. In the multiverse (the one that is most like our own world) Time is needed to be used for the world to continue. Thyme is a seasoning that is sold in stores and put on food. In the antiverse, Thyme is the secret to the ages.

Obviously, you can't grow time in the multiverse (youth in a bottle, anyone?) and the same is true for thyme in the antiverse. this spurs on the [ tiim' ] continuum.

so obviously, it's all character, and as of yet, no plot, contrary to the first:)

(although knowing thad's nature, I'm sure he'd have no difficulty in convincing illecebria to die with him)

Heck, I've had ideas for status effects.

You have normal ones like sleep, confused, etc, but whatabout *Stoned*? The one where your hp runs down, like in poison, but your character does crazy stuff that you wouldn't see otherwise in the game-- like trying to fly in the battle field. You could cure it by giving them a glass of water and casting sleep on them. Dangerous when walking through poppy fields ;)

and speaking of sleep, you feel rested when you sleep, so why not regain hp when it's in work? And some people sleepwalk, so depending on one of their stats, have them execute random moves (physical attacks, maybe a limit once in a blue moon)

confuse would be more along the lines of the character breaking out of the party formation and going up when the other characters are about to attack, pulling on them and asking stupid questions. 'Ruby, why are you trying to kill that thing? it's human!'

crazy could be the randomly attacking your own characters, status immunity is granted by equipping a strait jacket. The status itself is cured by casting lightning elemental spells, or using a lightning elemental item. (shock therapy. yippie)

yay for overimaginative imaginations.

Kawaii Ryûkishi
12-29-2004, 11:10 PM
Dr. Wily has created eight new robot masters in another dastardly bid for world domination. Only Mega Man, who resisted the mad doctor's evil reprogramming, can battle the robot masters and return peace to the world once more.

Crazy the Clown
12-30-2004, 12:21 AM
Maybe I'd take some elements from old games, like a job system and a few town names, and throw them in. Also, can't forget the summoned monsters, such as Ifrit, Shiva, Ramuh, Leviathan, Odin, and Bahamut.

DynasticJam
12-30-2004, 10:35 AM
I would make a game where you get to chose your character out of
cloud, squall, vivi, tidus
and then you get to see what happened after their stories in previouse ff's! :D

Alexander
12-30-2004, 11:37 AM
I was thinking in a game where a Warlock was the principal... and the principal girl WASN'T a Mage...
But I don't have good ideas to desenvolve this one, so I knocked it off.

rubah
12-30-2004, 05:58 PM
*thinks*

hmm. . . maria wasn't really a mage in ff2, (although she could easily be one), reina and faris weren't necessarily mages in ff5 (although they could also be one), tifa wasn't a mage!! but then I guess most people count aeris as the principal female in ff7-_-, rinoa wasn't necessarily magey, although her stats helped with it, (she could also be one), yuna mostly quit being a mage in ffx-2?

I see your point -_- so many ladies get left out of the physical fighting mold:/

maybe vaan will be a thiefmage. 'Super stealing magic!' and ashe will be a physical fighter. . . whose weapon is a hammer. . .

who am I kidding-_-

*loves on her status ailment ideas*

Lain
12-30-2004, 11:37 PM
what would be the characters
:eep:....no yuna....:eep:

Yuffie514
01-07-2005, 07:16 PM
first, i would survey the fans and find out what they want best. satisfying the fans is one of the most important things to a game company, etc.

mythus
01-07-2005, 08:33 PM
Hmmm the story would of course be based on my own creation... some of what you can read at my website ;)

Then again I am making a game, but due to my respect for Final Fantasy, I am not calling it that. If any of you have RPGMaker2k3, maybe I will share it with you.

Martyr
01-07-2005, 11:25 PM
To me, Final fantasy is rooted in FF1.

That is, there are four orbs (I'd bring back the orbs, even though the crystals have become far more prevalent), there are four warriors, there four elements, there are two worlds (Light and Dark). The Light World has been dominant and the Dark World, the world of Chaos, is in the act of stepping in once again.

Like Garland, like Golbez, like Kefka, somebody will become infatuated with that awesome power of the Void or Chaos or whatever. The twist, very reminiscent of the nature of satan, will come in and devcour that person, manifest itself, and, hopefully, be destroyed by the destined warriors of the world.

The heroes and villains would have characters (Why not) and love interests (Because it seems necessary nowadays).

I'll add more explanation of the origins of all the mythological creatures and references. Mostly, FFs of the past are gone. The stories are gone. All the cool ideaas are absorbed. A game I make would redefine and explicate the nature of the entire world as it was built and invented in FF1-6. So my game would be all about the histories and how they generate.

I would love to build up the world and circumstance that led up to FF1. That way, FF1 would be explained. The story of the sky warriors and of Garland and of whatever epic stuff before the Light Warriors came to pass would be explained - Most importantly, the origin and purpose and ideral knowledge of the Chaos itself and why the world keeps cracking under it. Heck, maybe it isn't evil in nature even, it's just a half of the world that's trying to exist and survive.

The future heroes would analyze the chaoses, and the monsters, and the circumstances of the other games! Of all the times that the world was overrun by the darkness! Then, through logic and mathematics, I'd have Chaos eliminated without a fight. (Or something of the sort)
Because enough is enough. Final Fantasy.

rubah
01-08-2005, 05:40 AM
Heh, I was thinking about electromagnetic waves the other day, and how quartz is used to catch/amplify radio waves.

And I thought 'how final fantasy is that?'

Maybe have a crystal deep within a cave that the illustrious hero finds in the forest one day, and the thing starts to hum and speak to him, because it's being controlled from an underground bunker by evil people in the world.

now, has that been done yet, though ;)

RedCydranth
01-08-2005, 06:35 AM
My Final Fantasy? Well first off I would make the game for Playstation, but have the graphics of FF6, so that the game could be insanely long. I'd have levels, no FF2 crap, or SaGa Frontier (although I loved SF1).The Magic would be done through Sages. As you progress through the game you meet Sages who can take you on as an apprentice (much like BoF3 but with magic, not interchangable skills). Only one character per Sage. You'd get a total of 8 Characters. You would also have a Secret of Mana style weapon system where you have to "level up" your weapon skills. Not blacksmith the weapon to the next level but FF2 style where each person levels their skills. Enemies will also have resistances to certain weapons like in FFX, so that one person shouldn't be a straight up sword weilder. Oh, since the game will be like 3 CDs, your levels will top out at 5000, not 99 or 100. But level progression won't be like "I'm level 56 only 2 hours into the game" It will be long and gradual. By the end of my game you will know EVERYTHING about every character, Good and bad. I will have the rockingest Chocobo theme song ever, and moogles will play a role too. I'm thinking something along the lines on no summons. They make gameplay too centered on them (especially in 8). Perhaps the story will focus around 8 people, Ifrit, Shiva, Ramuh, Leviathan, Titan, Zephyr, Alexander and Hades. (maybe named different, but by the end they become gods and take on those names.) Just a thought. And the Sages bestow their magical gifts upon each of the 8 people. Fire, Ice, Thunder, Water, Earth, Wind, Holy and Darkness.

Thats it! the solution to over usage of characters! Each character only weilds that type of magic (no heal magic sorry, items only!!) Status effects will be dealt by the weapons or something. Just a loose base to work off of.

Captain Maxx Power
01-08-2005, 12:05 PM
I'd turn it into some kind of buddy road movie, just to see if anyone would buy it. Like I'd have various characters, some humourous, and have them go from one local to the next in sequence with a story attached as to why they were going from place to place...wait a second...this sounds very familiar.

Doors
01-08-2005, 01:48 PM
I would make it a fps.Who cares about RPGs, FPSs are the future.Or maybe a FPSRPG.

Martyr
01-08-2005, 05:04 PM
I would make it a fps.Who cares about RPGs, FPSs are the future.Or maybe a FPSRPG.

FPS is not the future.
FPS is the now.
And I hate FPS.

Daikichigirl01
01-08-2005, 09:54 PM
You know, I was thinking about that awhile ago and I started to make up a video game.

The playable characters are Cambria, Kwon, Anasai, Riley, Chikara, Hyoukai, and Rinrin.

Here's my little*coughmorelikesuperlongcough* description:
Cambria is a twenty-one year old who is very good with swords and has dreams to become the best swordmaster of all time. After leaving her home village of Shijen, she heads for Mabase. On the way there, she faints from lack of water, and is rescued by a woman named Anasai. In return for saving her, Cambria promises to help her next time she meets her, figuring she'll never see her again. On the way to Mabase, she meets a anti-social stoic man named Kwon. When she finally reaches Mabase, she's finds both Kwon and Anasai again. And this time, Anasai does have a favor to ask of her: She wants Cambria to help her save the world!

Cheap, long, and finally a main female character with strength. This would be the one FF (if it ever was one) that didn't have an airship. Here are sort of long descriptions of each character.
Cambria: Cambria is a lively, smart, twenty-one year old with a passion for swords. Her random cheers and remarks make her a fun person to be around, but Cambria knows when to be serious. Her specialty is swift animals that she easily cuts with her samurai swords.

Kwon: Kwon is a serious, impatient twenty-two year old who is against the misuse of magic and weapons. He is easily annoyed by Cambria’s outspoken, clingy attitude. His snide remarks and y attitude make him the kind you wouldn’t want to be friends with, but he is a good fighter. He is very good with his fists and is fast on his feet.

Chikara: Chikara is a quiet nineteen year old and has exactly what her name says: strength. Having seen her best friend, family, and boyfriend die at the hands of the newest Kimata everyone loves, Chikara has dedicated her life to getting revenge. Chikara is capable of summoning the gods of above to her side, and she uses a silver staff for fighting.

Hyoukai: To people who have only known Hyoukai for a short time, Hyoukai may seem rude, obnoxious, and snobby. But Hyoukai’s horrible past has scarred him for life, and he is now against the misuse of magic and weapons. One of the most talented sixteen year olds ever known, he is very good with his large swords.

Anasai: Anasai is a water angel whose duties take place on earth. She has recently been assigned to find a group of people to help her defeat Kimita Hawaah, who is really the God of the Underworld. Her I-want-to-say-even-if-you-don’t-want-to-hear-it attitude make her and Cambria good friends fast. She’s actually one hundred and seventy years old, but looks around fifteen. Her bows and arrows always hit her target no matter how far away she is from them, and seem to always carry the strength of water.

Riley: Riley is a tough twenty-four year old gang kid whose martial arts skills rival even his master’s. He’s a big showoff, a huge flirt, but has very little patience for almost anything. He’s very good with guns, and is pretty swift.

Rinrin: Rinrin is a seventeen year old techie whiz and thief. She knows all the latest technology, and knows how to destroy powerful magic barriers. She uses her technology to steal things. She uses a variety of weapons, but mainly just uses her touch screen to damage enemies. She can also use both white and black magic by using her technology.

Now that I'm writing this out again, it seems pretty stupid.
Of course, Kwon and Cambria (hero/heroine) would hook up.
Like in all RPGs.

I had made up gods for summoning, too. Heh, now that I think about it, this game isn't too great. But at least it's not like how it was about..three years ago. I stole Shuyin and Seifer's names, and Sasuke from the anime Naruto. Okay, this is very long already, so I'll stop.

Doors
01-08-2005, 10:05 PM
FPS is not the future.
FPS is the now.
And I hate FPS.
FPSPWNZ!

Back on topic I wished it was a guns and bazookas rpgfps.

The main char would be Lieutnant John.Second Sergeant Mary and so on with the ranks going higher as it goes.

Lord Chainsaw
01-09-2005, 07:32 AM
I probably wouldn't head a Final Fantasy with my RPG ideas. I'd rather start a brand new series. I can't really envision the Vagrant Story dude (Matsuno or something like that) becoming as popular as Sakaguchi. See, I don't even know his damn name.

As far as story goes, I'd like to have a theme. Not a theme like "water" from Final Fantasy X, but a storyline theme. Many great stories start with a great theme. The Great Gatsby (I feel ashamed only having read it a few months ago) dealt with reality not living up to expectations and dreams. Imagine how you could not only create a story with such an incredible theme as the afforementioned, but also make it interactive? Imagine learning this lesson not as a player, but as the character himself. It's a shame we don't have more people like Hideo Kojima in the business. Most of the good storywriters don't want to work on games because they don't consider them a valid form of art. Give em time.

Gameplay wise, I'd like to see a whole lot of postgame stuff. I'm talking 50/50 here. Gameplay is just as important as storyline, so if we can get a 50/50 balance, 50% main story, 50% sidequests, minigames, super dungeons, super bosses, and a ridiculously hard version of the final boss with a bonus ending, then we'll be in business.

I'd also like to see real time combat. I grow tired of turn based, including the ATB. The problem that has been plaguing offline RPGs as far as this is concerned is "what the hell we do with the characters the player ISN'T controlling?" Solve that and you'll be master of the universe.

Dking'squeen
01-09-2005, 06:24 PM
I don't know
I had an idea about something like this a few days ago, if only I would have seen this thread then
Well it went something like this...
Special additions: Bringing back the Dress spheres but for both female and male *some of the dress spheres are for men and others for women*

Characters: Tsuyu: Gunner, Warrior
Sony: Warrior, Dark Knight
Junta: Lancer, Alchemist
+ optional additional characters of: Ila: White Mage, Summoner, White Sorceress *no such thing but meh*
and: Dairine: Black Mage, Sorceress, Demonogist

The game would start off with Tsuyu chasing down the 'badguy' of the game, Madecai, who, in the beginning, simply steals the dress spheres and has Tsuyu give chase to him. And then the story would escelate and go upward after that. Soon it'll kind of be the whole 'I'm trying to destroy the world/take over the world/kill everyone and I'm using you so now fight me so that you can trigger total apocalypse' kind of thing and there would be A LOT of plot twists in it unlike some RPGs.

As for the battle system, it would be like the up coming Xenosaga2's battle system

*I can't remember all of what I had, but it was actually for a story but I pictured it as a game and now I can't remember any of it except this so...*

neilp
01-16-2005, 03:15 PM
Characters:
Pyro : 22 year old swordsman.
Bear: 38 yeard old large dude who uses his fists when fighting.
Tony: 20 year old mystical guy who uses a gun.
Ira: 23 year old female thief, good hearted though.
Jenn: 22 year old female White mage.
Manderin: Legendary Hero, lost his fighting spirit long ago, no where to be found.
Barrlock: Evil guy that is assembling one huge army and some other evil plans.

Fianle is a huge world, four continents, three kingdoms.
Set in a medieval-futuristic world, kind of like FF7, but much huger.
Pyro is the main character, the story starts when he's serving his last day as Soldier of the Gaia order(one of the three kingdoms).
A murder has been commited, most unlucky traces lead to Pyro.
He has been thrown in prison, awaiting his trial.
In prison, he meets Ira, a thief, they have a long talk, eventually Pyro talks about serving with Manderin years ago, when he was like 16 years old.
Both know he is nowhere to be found, maybe some tavern, drinking and drinking.
Ira comments Manderin is her cousin, this does say something, Pyro already thought she resembled someone.
They have talks about what they will do after they are free, they decide to travel and see the world.
After their release, they indeed, get going, Pyro meets Bear, his so called uncle, not his real one, but the guy used to take care of Pyro when he was younger, told him the way of fighting, old war stories.

Bear decides he'll team up with the young ones, maybe making one last journey he will eventually find his peace somewhere.
So this is where the story really begins, after the prologue and finally getting moving.
They decide to head East first and take a boat to the Eastern continent, to the Yokomoto Kingdom, a place not to keen on visitors, but overall a friendly place.
Along the way, they team up with some other members, Jenn and Tony, they meet up with Tony at the docks, he has his own story and tells Pyro about Barrlock, the guy who enslaved many people, executed Tony's family, even Pyro has his history with Barrlock.
Well the game gets a real interesting story at this part, personal feelings get involved.
Even Jenn an old child-hood friend of Pyro, a beautiful easterling, dark haired woman, long ago she and her family moved back to the Yokomoto Kingdom, for things were better there.
So this story will continue, the player will find out many things about what's going on in the world, his past, his friends, his enemies....Embark with the team on the journey and get your Final Fantasy XIII copy now.

Del Murder
01-22-2005, 11:09 PM
Mine is like kishi's, except you don't find out Dr. Wily was behind it until the very end. Plus the main character is named Permafrost, not Mega Man. And Biggs & Wedge sell you energy tanks between levels.