PDA

View Full Version : FF6 FAQ thing! New Posters please read. (Spoilers probably)

m4tt
12-29-2004, 04:17 PM
This thread is for all those little rumors and whatnot that don't need to be posted 10 bazillion times. It shouldn't need to be said, but yes there might be spoilers in this thread.

FFVI for the N64?
http://www.neomidgar.com/images/FF64/FF649.jpg
There were never any plans to put FFVI on the Nintendo 64. This image that's all over the internet was just a tech demo.

Shadows Dreams
Shadow only has FIVE dreams. Not 7. Relm has 1 dream if you do not save Shadow on the Floating Island.

Relm and Shadow
Relm is Shadow's daughter, simple isn't it? They can both equip the memento ring.

I'll leave this thread open for now. I can't think of anything else to add, and I am at work and SHOULD be working. :D

Doomgaze
12-30-2004, 02:26 AM
Can't revive ANYONE in the game who dies, except for Rachel.

G=A

Dragon locations (too lazy to think of them right now, plus I wouldn't remember their real names most likely)

Relm is only MOST LIKELY Shadow's daughter. It's not as clear as, say, Squall and Laguna, in my opinion.

Maybe a list of the dances, or a guide to getting Water Rondo at least.

theundeadhero
12-30-2004, 02:34 AM
Water Rondo HAS to be gotten in the first half of the game before going to the floating island. While in Narshe theres a scene involving Lone Wolf and Mog. You have the choice of saving the golden hairpin or mog. Save Mog. You can get more pins later but if you don't save Mog here he won't join up with you. Afterwards go to the Veldt with Mog in your party and go down the serpent trench.

Also the only way to get the other place specific dance ( I don't remember the name) you have to bring Mog to Narshe in the world of Ruin.

To get Umaro: In the world of Ruin go to Narshe. There's a scene at the top of the mines where the Esper Tritoch will be (Yes it's the same place as in the World of Balance). After fighting Tritoch the ledge will crumble away. Choose to jump down and follow through the cavern inside. Umaro will be found near the end and if Mog is in your party he will join the team.

I would mention Gogo but I don't remember the name of the island the Zone Eater is on.

Doomgaze
12-30-2004, 03:26 AM
Snow Something Or Other, and Triangle Island.

Doomsday - it would be best if these were things people actually asked about, and not things you though up after whatever it is you're smoking :)

The gamma sword is mentioned from time to time, I think, but it's not worthy of being in a faq. Which reminds me, you may want to mention CzarDragon.

-N-
12-30-2004, 07:19 AM
And you'll just say "Oh, Doomsday!" Because you don't report Doomsday for being creepy!

And it's pretty obvious Doomgaze is not a stoner.

About time we got one of these, by the way. A helpful addition:

1. LEO IS TEH DEAD STFU ALREADY

m4tt
12-30-2004, 07:10 PM
Ahhh, oops. I totally forgot about this. I'll add all those to my first post when I get home tonight.

theundeadhero
12-30-2004, 08:39 PM
I've seen the Satan rumor on many FF sites in the past as well as other things you deleted. I think they should of stayed.

Doomgaze
12-30-2004, 09:02 PM
They are not asked here, though. At least not frequently. Maybe our clientele is smarter than to believe that drivel at Square-X.

DJZen
12-31-2004, 01:29 AM
Q: I heard that you can get Cecil in Darryl's tomb. How do you do that?

A: You CAN'T Cecil is not in the game. He was never in the game.

I know it's an old rumor, but who knows. It may very well pop up again.

Azure Chrysanthemum
12-31-2004, 02:03 AM
Maybe something serious about Gogo's identity, so the poor newbies don't start a thread and get innundated by cries of Adlai Stevenson.

theundeadhero
12-31-2004, 02:33 AM
but thats true *hides*

DJZen
12-31-2004, 05:56 AM
On the real:

Gogo is a mysterious character of indeterminate gender, age.... Gogo's just plain indeterminate. The only thing we know about Gogo is that Gogo is a mimic.

Iridant
12-31-2004, 08:06 PM
How to get the Ragnarock Sword and Esper: Not Possible, don't ask.
Actually the ragnarock sword can be stolen from the Girl in the third tier of the last boss fight, right before Kefka himself. Not like it's very useful at that point, but hey.
Oh, and btw zone eater is on triangle island.

Azure Chrysanthemum
01-01-2005, 12:41 AM
I recall hearing that if you threw the Ragnarok at Kefka, you would kill him instantly. Is this true?

Doomgaze
01-01-2005, 07:35 AM
I recall hearing if you kill a Cid's Knight and consume their flesh, you gain their powers. Is this true?

feioncastor
01-01-2005, 05:39 PM
Water Rondo HAS to be gotten in the first half of the game before going to the floating island. While in Narshe theres a scene involving Lone Wolf and Mog. You have the choice of saving the golden hairpin or mog. Save Mog. You can get more pins later but if you don't save Mog here he won't join up with you. Afterwards go to the Veldt with Mog in your party and go down the serpent trench.
It can be done this way, but then you have to get off the serpent trench at Nikeah, take ferry to S. Figaro, go to returner's hideout, ride the river to the place near Doma, jump off of Baron falls, only to arrive back at the Veldt to pick up your airship.

An easier way is to park your airship outside of the returner's hideout, ride the river (with mog) and he'll learn water Rondo from the river. Then when you get off of the river, you can simply walk down to Nikeah, and ride the ferry to South Figaro, and walk (or chocobo) back up to the returner's hideout.Then you can skip most of that other stuff, including serpent trench, the walk to Doma, the phantom forest, and crossing the Veldt.

Also the only way to get the other place specific dance ( I don't remember the name) you have to bring Mog to Narshe in the world of Ruin.
There's two that can be gotten in the WoR in Narshe. First, is "Love Sonata", if you get in a fight in the city. The second is "Snowman Jazz" if you get in a fight up above the city. I guess there's three because you can learn "Dusk Requiem" from the caves, but most people already have Dusk Requiem by that time anyway.

I would mention Gogo but I don't remember the name of the island the Zone Eater is on.
They call it triangle Island, and it is located in the northeast corner of the map.

Feion

Doomgaze
01-01-2005, 07:34 PM
It can be done this way, but then you have to get off the serpent trench at Nikeah, take ferry to S. Figaro, go to returner's hideout, ride the river to the place near Doma, jump off of Baron falls, only to arrive back at the Veldt to pick up your airship.

An easier way is to park your airship outside of the returner's hideout, ride the river (with mog) and he'll learn water Rondo from the river. Then when you get off of the river, you can simply walk down to Nikeah, and ride the ferry to South Figaro, and walk (or chocobo) back up to the returner's hideout.Then you can skip most of that other stuff, including serpent trench, the walk to Doma, the phantom forest, and crossing the Veldt.

No.

Park the airship at Baron Falls. Jump. Head across the Veldt, maybe learn a few rages. Take the Serpent's Trench, learn Water Rondo. End up in Nikeah. Take a chocobo from Nikeah, head east to Baren Falls to pick up your airship. You'll pass right over the Phantom Forest, you won't (can't?) reenter. It's a lot faster than the Lete River, trust me. I've done it both ways. Also, your way would involve going through Mt. Koltz, so it would be an even bigger waste of time :)

There's two that can be gotten in the WoR in Narshe. First, is "Love Sonata", if you get in a fight in the city. The second is "Snowman Jazz" if you get in a fight up above the city. I guess there's three because you can learn "Dusk Requiem" from the caves, but most people already have Dusk Requiem by that time anyway.
Love Sonata can also be gotten from Zozo, and I would assume people got Diusk Requiem in the prologue with the Moogle battle. Therefore, Snowman Jazz is the dance that can be ONLY gotten from Narshe WoR.

Iridant
01-02-2005, 02:58 AM
I think that it is easiest to park the airship at Nikeah, hitch a choco to the falls and jump down to the veldt, go through the serpent trench and end up in Nikeah, where your airship awaits you

mythus
01-05-2005, 03:09 AM
About GoGo, many, including I, have speculated that h/she could infact be Leo, mainly due to certain similarites such as the way they both preformed 'Shock'. Of course this is only a rumor...

When fighting Kefka, there is one weapon that when thrown does 9999 damage... that being the spoon. However, I have yet seen a weapon kill him immediatly.

MYTHUS

theundeadhero
01-05-2005, 03:16 AM
Leo is dead. You can visit his grave. The spoon is in FFIV.

mythus
01-05-2005, 04:57 AM
Yes yes yes, I know very well you can visit his grave. However, it is still a rumor of GoGo possibly being him, and this thread is on rumors...

Also, I know as well there is a spoon in FF4 that you can throw at Zeromus, causing massive damage, there is also a similar weapon in FF6. I may be wrong in it's name, as spoon just sticks in my brain, however a similar weapon does exist.

Doomgaze
01-05-2005, 05:51 AM
No.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
01-05-2005, 06:43 AM
Yes yes yes, I know very well you can visit his grave. However, it is still a rumor of GoGo possibly being him, and this thread is on rumors...This thread is about how rumors are stupid and always untrue and how everyone needs to understand that, not about how omfg gogo = leo/daryl/vernon/jun/ghastla/locke.

UltimateSpamGrover
01-05-2005, 12:01 PM
Q: Who is Gogo?
A: Adlai Stevenson

enough with the Gogo questions now! :laugh:

feioncastor
01-05-2005, 07:40 PM
Love Sonata can also be gotten from Zozo, and I would assume people got Diusk Requiem in the prologue with the Moogle battle. Therefore, Snowman Jazz is the dance that can be ONLY gotten from Narshe WoR.
I didn't say that Love Sonata could only be gotten from Narsh WoR. I was naming off the 3 dances that can be gotten there.

You can get love Sonata in any civilized environment, such as the basement of the house in S. Figaro, or any other city/house place where you can bring Mog to fight. Zozo is one of them, but there's a lot more, really. Well, maybe not a lot more...

And, yes, you're right about the water Rondo thing.

Feion

Doomgaze
01-08-2005, 09:05 PM
I guess we forgot about the Paladin Ring, heh.

I'd personally ban that guy, since he registered solely to post that he got a non-existant item. Then again, I've become bitter and, lets face it, crazy over the years.

Del Murder
01-08-2005, 09:36 PM
I'm closing this. We can just post FAQs/false rumors when they arise. Much better than allowing every Joe Newbie to come in with their 'facts' and turn this into another rumor mill.