PDA

View Full Version : FF1 Help!

Riddick
12-30-2004, 02:53 AM
:( Man i need help! Im trying to beat echidna but hes to hard !

theundeadhero
12-30-2004, 03:13 AM
Echidna is a renamed monster. Could you maybe tell me where at in the game you are and I might be able to help.

Speaker To Kzinti
12-30-2004, 03:14 AM
Have you tried all the magics? Equipped everyone to optimal?

Speaker To Kzinti
12-30-2004, 03:15 AM
Echinda is in the earthgift shrine, I believe... Along with a bunch of other gaurdians

Shuko
12-30-2004, 05:02 AM
I was at around level 20 when I first fought him. I went after him right after I got the earth crystal. Big mistake. I got toasted so many times before I gave up and looked at an faq. I figured I'd be better off waiting until AFTER I'd collected all the elemental crystals... then my level would be higher. At the very least I'd be a higher class, lol.

Mage_of_Fire
12-30-2004, 05:39 AM
Echidna is NOT renamed! He is an end-boss in FF3, along with the others from the Earthgift Shrine.

DJZen
12-30-2004, 07:03 AM
step 1) level up until you can get through the entire earthgift shrine without levelling up.

step 2) cast haste and temper on your fighters

step 3) protecting everyone is also good

step 4) hack away

That's pretty much the general strategy with those bosses.

Riddick
12-30-2004, 05:47 PM
hey thanx guys hey if u could just answer 1 more ???.......how do i class change?

DJZen
12-30-2004, 06:48 PM
It's easy.

First, you need to have defeated Lich (since you're in the Earthgift Shrine I'm going to assume to did that already).

Second, sail over to Crescent Lake Village.

Third, once you're in the village talk to the circle of sages. One of them will give you a canoe.

Fourth, get back in the ship and sail along the coast of the continent that's slightly north of where you docked to get to crescent lake. You'll eventually come to another dock.

Fifth, walk around until you find a lake. Canoe around in there and eventually you'll find the Ice Cavern.

Sixth, explore every last inch of the ice cavern (which has very tough enemies) until you find the Levistone.

Seventh, take the Levistone to the Dessert south of Crescent Lake village. Doing this will obtain you the Airship.

Eighth, fly to the "Eagle shaped" continent in the north-east. On the westernmost extremity of this continent is a castle. Land the airship as close to that as you can get.

Ninth, walk to the castle. It is called the Citadel of Trials.

Tenth, explore the castle until you find the Rat's Tail.

Eleventh, go back to the airship and fly to the archiapelago between the two northern continents. In one of the holes in the ground you'll find Bahamut, who'll upgrade your party.

theundeadhero
12-30-2004, 08:37 PM
Echidna is NOT renamed! He is an end-boss in FF3, along with the others from the Earthgift Shrine.Just to clear things up this is FF1 we''re talking about, not FF3, and the earthgift shrine wasn't even in the original version. It was added to the DOS Version as well as that monster.

Speaker To Kzinti
12-30-2004, 08:42 PM
I suggest going after the two-headed dragon first to level up, because he is much easier, than try Echnida.

Mage_of_Fire
01-01-2005, 12:42 AM
I know. How does that make him renamed? He wasn't named in the first one...

It sounded like you thought he was from something like FF4-10 or something, which would have copied him from FF3 in the first place. I know they added the SoC, I've played the NES version. I just don't consider the bosses "renamed" because they brought them straight over into FF1 and kept the names.

Sorry if you knew, I just misunderstood you.