PDA

View Full Version : yes or no:lord of the rings game

JseanjohnC
12-30-2004, 05:28 AM
simple vote yes if u like no if u dont:should i get it? its rpg

Shlup
12-30-2004, 06:25 AM
Which one? There are six LotR games out fairly recently.

Zell's Fists of Fury
12-30-2004, 08:44 AM
I beleieve he's talking about the one you and Ashley made the website for. That one is an RPG, yeah?

Ryth
12-30-2004, 03:53 PM
You mean The Third Age? I'm not sure exactly there isn't much story in the game, there is no character devlopment, geting to play as the Balrog and other bosses are gimmicks, there isn't many types of enemies, and one magazine said one I really trust said it had cruddy combat, also there are trillions of random battles like walk two steps and BAM another war/orc/Uru-Kai fight but um it's pretty...... Don't take my word for it I just told you what I've heard and since it isn't good I'll vote no maybe you should rent it first though.

Xander
12-30-2004, 08:13 PM
Personally I'd say yes if you're a pretty big LoTR fan and liked the way FFX played if you've played it. If you like LoTR but not in a HUGE way I'd say something like FFX is more fun. The Third Age just seemed slow to me and I didn't like playing as those boring characters. But then again I only played about an hour, so I can't give any huge judgement on the game as a whole.

theundeadhero
12-30-2004, 08:23 PM
The three based on the movies I thought were horrible. Not much fun at all in my opinion.

Psychotic
12-30-2004, 08:53 PM
The three based on the movies I thought were horrible. Not much fun at all in my opinion.Well actually, four have been made based on the movies: The Two Towers, Return of the King, The Third Age and Battle for Middle Earth. I own all 4 :p Not sure which one he means (All have RPG elements to them) so I'll describe them all.

TTT and RoTK = MUCH LOVE. Underrated gems in my opinion. A little short perhaps, but I love to replay the levels. Basically they're "Go round slashing the hell out of things" and I love that sort of thing.

The Third Age = I got it for Christmas. Basically an FFX clone without the sparkle of a Final Fantasy title, but some elements of it were better (ie lack of Tidus :)). Not a poor game, but not an all-time classic either.

Battle for Middle Earth = This is an RTS. I got it today, but my PC isn't really good enough to run it properly. I mainly got it because C&C Red Alert 2 was one of my favourite games, and this is fairly similar and I love LoTR so there you go. It's looking good so far.

Yeah, I own some EA games, you can all call me a sell-out if you want.(Between you and me, I prefer EA to Nintendo :p) :love:

Lindy
12-30-2004, 09:22 PM
http://penny-arcade.com/view.php3?date=2004-11-05&res=l

Swear words abound!

White Raven
01-01-2005, 03:58 PM
I rented The Third Age last week and I was impressed. Here are my key comments on the game:

~excellent visual effects
~some really good voice acting
~goes into detail about the history of Middle Earth with cutscenes from the movies
~seems like a pretty long game to me :)

Though...
~a pretty linear story line
~I sometimes wanted to skip the battle sequences (takes a bit of time for a simple attack)

In the end, for your question, Yes.