PDA

View Full Version : WinAmp Difficulty

Kirobaito
12-30-2004, 06:38 AM
Well, I finally got bored with WMP's difficult library, so I downloaded WinAmp tonight. Just to make it easy, I reshuffled my music, got rid of duplicates, and put 46 songs that I have on my computer in one easy folder. :) This folder happens to contain 29 of John Denver's greatest songs. I tell WinAmp to play that folder, and it opens up a playlist of only 25 songs. :( Well, it didn't open up any of the WMA format songs, even though I know it has WMA support. Atleast I thought it did. It said it did. (Note: all of the songs that won't play were ripped from CDs that I own, not illegal downloads). The mp3 format John Denver songs made that playlist of 25, however, 3 specifically were different (<i>This Old Guitar</i>, <i>Thank God I'm a Country Boy</i>, and <i>Annie's Song</i>).

For example, songs 20, 21, 22, and 23 look like this:

20. John Denver - Take Me Home Country ... 3:12
21. Thank God I'm a Country Boy
22. This Old Guitar
23. Randy Travis - Three Wooden Crosses 3:22

The three above-mentioned songs do not have John Denver's name in the title, nor do they have a play time. I click play, and it pauses for a second before simply moving to the next song.

So I suppose I have two main issues.

1) Why won't it open up my .WMA files?
2) Why won't it open up these 3 songs? (all of them are wonderful, btw, I suggest you listen to them)

Any help would be appreciated. :)

-N-
12-30-2004, 07:24 AM
Hooboy, it's been a while since I've dealt with Winamp (converted to iTunes when I got my iPod, but Winamp is still integrated into my alarm clock).

The errors you seem to be having with songs 21/22 (they seem to be mp3s) happen whenever Winamp can't find the file. Did you rename the file? Is the file an actual mp3 file? And Winamp doesn't have WMA support, as far as I know. You may need an additional codec that supports it, and I have no idea what to do about that other than hunt around www.download.com or something.

NM
12-30-2004, 10:59 AM
Winamp will play WMA file's so the only idea I have is that if you ripped the music originally using Media Player you may have copy protected the music. I'd suggest you rip the CD again. If you can use something other than Media Player.