PDA

View Full Version : I can't play videos!!!

Sacred Phoenix
12-30-2004, 05:16 PM
I was wondering if anyone knew why I can't get any videos to play on my Windows Media Player? It doesn't matter what file type, cause none of them will play. I can get the sound, but nothing else. This also goes for videos I want to play in winamp. It won't play 'em. I don't know terribly alot about how computers work, but would it have anything to do with the fact I accidentally downloaded SP2 (i can explain if you want) or the fact I am now REALLY low on hard drive space?

crono_logical
12-30-2004, 05:20 PM
Did you download/install any codec packs recently? They're brilliant at messing up your video codecs if you blindly install them randomly :D I'd suggest removing them all first, then downloading and individually installing decent codecs like DivX, XviD, and ffdshow to fix being able to play most things again. :p

Sacred Phoenix
12-31-2004, 04:09 AM
No, I haven't downloaded anything out of the ordinary, except SP2. I'll see what I can find, and remove them. Thanks for your help :)

Sacred Phoenix
01-05-2005, 07:06 PM
well i have given up, i am having an 80GB hard drive put in and windows reinstalled. I hope this will fix my problem. If not, i will probably just stab my self :D . thanks again. (P.S. I realize i am double posting but the difference in dates i figure it didn't matter, if it does, i wont do it again) Ta Ta.