PDA

View Full Version : I need HELP! ADVICE! (try to finish FFX before 12am)

Vis Major X
12-30-2004, 08:12 PM
I only rented it so I could enjoy it.. I do this every few years.. get one or two good adventure games and just play the hell out of them.

I have a couple questions.. I'm not going to make my move until I get some suggestions..

I'm already at Zanakand. But it was too hard so I turned around. So now I'm monster arena'ing and I've got a bunch of gifts for the work I've done so far. Now what I'm asking is ... What is the BEST USE for these things to END the game?

What... weapons and armors can I get or make for WHO and WHAT to give myself the easiest time with the final bosses?

This is all I'm concened about at this point.. I just want to finish it without late fees. ;)

So WHAT armor and weapons that are ... medium level difficulty to customise or build (I'm really short on the grenades to make the PROOFS or the STRIKES.. but I'm pretty sure these are what I will need to get to the end.. because what happened during my battles is I was getting nailed by ailments and couldn't survive) so I can beat the bosses without getting killed before the 2nd round?

boris no no
12-30-2004, 09:58 PM
i havn't played it for a while....erm just steal as many things before zanarkand for rikku and just buy all the best armor and weapons in the shops.
sorry its not much good....
and just level up! (quickily!)

rubah
12-30-2004, 10:01 PM
Have you been to Yunalesca already? I'm not sure when you 'turned back'. ( You're no where near the point of no return, though :)) If you haven't gotten through with that bit, you still have a good deal of the game left.

If you've got the airship, go capture monsters to get auron and yuna's ultimate weapons. You should be able to beat the game on those.

If you haven't got past Yunalesca, spend some time levelling then go whoop the next couple of bosses in zanarkand.

Vis Major X
12-30-2004, 11:04 PM
Just the answer I was looking for.. and NO, I DID turn around a Yunaleska.. I had so many problems with the boss before her I knew I wouldn't be able to handle her.

(thanks for helping me out with this great experience I'm having here)

Another question.. I want to make a TyphoonClaw for Rikku..

Which of the TOUCHES should I add? I have a 3 slot devistator and enough stuff to make whatever I want so.. which is the best combo? And how do I figure out the 'chances' of inflicting the affliction?

(more questions coming.. thanks for the help so far)

(gonna do exactly what you guys said to do)

ACTUALLY.. btw.. one problem I had with the game, was that I WAS SURE I had made a mistake and accidently like... missed getting IN TO the airship again (like I went in the wrong direction) .. because I WAS SURE it would be available before the Yunaleska battle.. so that was another reason I turned around.. then I read a faq. ;)

Anyways.. thanks again!

PS: Yeah, which are the best combos to put on the weapons and armor (the ones that are not TOO hard to obtain.. I'm not fighting another 20 moles to get more grenades).

rubah
12-31-2004, 12:39 AM
Yunalesca is probably immune to just about all the status ailments, like most bosses.

You'll definitely want someone in your party to have zombieproof, that takes candles of life, right? them or purifying salts, I think. I think she also curses you, so curseproof if you can. Otherwise keep some esuna ready.

Yuna with Holy helps a ton, so use her in every battle so you can get to the end of her sphere grid.

If you wind up with extra spheres, remember that you can use them on your aeons to power up their stats under the aeon menu.

Sir Bahamut
12-31-2004, 12:42 AM
Abuse Aeon Overdrives. Charge every boss with every Aeon having an Overdrive ready, and Yuna ready to use Overdrive.
That'll make the bosses a LOT easier.

Vis Major X
12-31-2004, 01:06 AM
You are all very helpfull, thank you very much.

Here is what happened.. I just fought Spectral Keeper and had a MUCH easier time this time around. I even had all my aeons charged up (like you said) and I only used valfore at the start when I finally had a chance for an attack (after preping everyone) .. and I still had Yo and Beh and Shiva ready if things went south.

I had Tidus cast his shiney new autolife on Auron, who provoked and was protected by Yunas whtmagic. SOMEHOW I managed to inflict silence on it! Don't know how I did that.. missed it. I THINK ... (lol) what happened was Yuna got berzerked and struck out with her Rod of Silence (it isn't a rod of silence.. it has silence and HP and MP 10%).

So.. really.. you guys have helpped tons really! :)

I still have to do Yunaleska.. I think she's up next.

Can anyone tell me how much 'game time' is left .. if I just crusied through the rest of this? Looks like I"m going to be getting hit up for a late fee because.. well.. I'm NOT returning it till its done.. saddly .. its going to be done at like 10am or something dumb like that I think. :/

BUT! I'm enjoying it so much.. who cares!?

BTW! Has this ever been mentioned...

SSoft.. should put out a version of their FF games.. that ARE NOT as complicated as their main release.. for example.. childeren.. and older adults.. they COULD enjoy the story too.. and the pretty graphics and everything.. HOWEVER.. like.. make the game mechanics simpler for them.

Because my MOM would LOVE this game (she's a syberia and broken sword fan) BUT.. the RPG element is a LITTLE too much for her I think (no, I know it is). So thats too bad. :/

Anyone ever mention this before? Square seems to put out more advanced and harder versions of their games.. but how about simpler ones? ;)

Or they could include it as a bonus part of the game.. so when I'm done playing it.. I can ship it to mom and dad who can turn on 'simple game mechanics' mode. ;)

No? :)

Vis Major X
12-31-2004, 02:18 AM
You'll laugh.

All this stressing about Yunaleska.. and I accidently started the final battle without readying ANYONE. They went in with capture weapons!

BUT! Tidus has autolife (not yuna.. not yet.. OR HOLY for that matter.. she COULD have had them had I been ready for this last battle.. she's got enough movement points to get around the board to HOLY) and Auron has Haste. SO.. everyone stays alive pretty easilly.

First round.. didn't call one Aeon. SECOND ROUND.. didn't call an Aeon. Just pounded on her with Yunas BLACK magic (I gave her EVERY blk mgc sphr I had - so she is as powerfull as Lulu in the dark arts) and had the two boys hit her as much as they could while having to HOLY WATER themselves because.. like I said.. I have everything ready to make the armors I needed - as per your instructions - but I didn't know the battle was coming so I didn't have it ready for them to wear in to the brawl.

But in the final round.. I called out each Aeon one by one.. AND because I didn't know the battle was coming .. I'm thinking this is futile. BUT.. on the LAST LAST battle.. the SANCTUARY Keeper (not the next one after that.. the SPECTRAL) I had charged everyone up and was ready for that one.. and since I had spent time charging everyone up for my battle with SAN.KEEPER everyone was able to beat him without the Aeons ODs.... SO.... when I fought SPE.KEEPER, they were still charged but I didn't need them again.. SO WHEN I FOUGHT Yunaleska.. they were the only ones ready for the battle because they had been prepped two bosses ago! (lol)

So they finished her pretty quick.. they all only got one shot in each (I didn't use Yojimbo.. I was saving him as a just in case Aeon) and that is without having ANY stat adjusted.

SO! Totally unprepped for the battle.. the only reason I lived was that I had been wise with my Sphere Grid (I think anyways) and had REALLY excellent stats and skills and abilities for everyone (EXCEPT YUNA... well, she did have all the L3 Black Magic .. but.. she could have been stronger then that with HOLY and AUTOLIFE).

My oddest battle yet in the game.. I totally was just going to play it a bit (when I realised I would have to restart from last load point because I wasn't ready.. but I wanted to see ... to get a feel for the coming fight) then reboot and ready everyone properly and win on the 2nd attempt.. and I won anyways.

BTW.. I took it really slow at the start.. I had Tidus haste everyone, I had him Autolife everyone, I had Yuna protect as much as she could. Then I had her throw black magic spells at the Boss while the two boys did what they could here and there and ran support basically.

Interesting? (hope I didn't bore you guys.. I just thought it was kinda unconventional based on what was intended to happen - casting HOLY and having armors ready to defend against zombie.. now what do I do with all of these frelling Dream Powders and Hypello Potions??? LOL!)

Anyways.. I'm going to finish up and post a review for historical records sake. ;)

I'll let you all know how it turns out! (if you want)

BTW... I'm thinking of maybe trying out the online version.. I was thinking.. wouldn't it be cool if I was playing it.. I could have my mom online with me (we don't get to do much at all my family and I - we live far away from each other) and I could 'hold her hand' through it so she'd get comfortable with it.. I don't think her PC could handle it though... IS THERE.. a semifree FF like game I could play with her online so I could try her out on it?? It would have to be not TOO graphically intence (they got a HP Pav.. 4 years old.. no AGP.. but it runs BS3.. go figure).

Suggestions?

Be back in a bit to finish this up! Thanks for all your help and happy new year everyone!

Peek
01-09-2005, 12:26 PM
Congratulations on your defeat of Yunalesca, there's not much more of the game to go boss-wise, but you'll NEED to do some statting/leveling before you can beat them, and that takes time.

About your question, the FF online series is in fact an adapter-based Playstation2 game! All you need is a pretty good connection, and a moderatly priced adapter, plus the game itself.

Hoping you have fun in FF X-2, and I hope your Mum does too.

CloudVII
01-09-2005, 10:42 PM
FFXI is a crap game, sorry to say post lvl 50 is just a bore, I played it, quit as a lvl 55 samauri, that's what my sig refers to, Tachi is the samauris weaponskills(same thing as overdrives) and they are all tachi:blahblah usually twofold attacks, so Omnislash 2x :D

EDIT:Sorry forgot to say congrats and good luck :P