PDA

View Full Version : Darkness...

SomethingBig
12-30-2004, 09:47 PM
Bah, I had some huge review written up, but my computer froze, or something.

Darkness is a movie about a family that moves into a house where 6 kids were murdered. During an eclipse, the father starts acting strangely and the son is randomly beaten by ghosts/an unseen force.

Pros: Anna Paquin was hot in this movie. And I mean hot. She was smokin' hot.

Cons: No shower scene with Anna Paquin. :( The bath didn't show much. I mean no one cares about that. The the entire movie, save for Anna Paquin, was a con. They tried to make a plot, but didn't build up on it, nor did they say why everything was going on. You find out that the kids were killed as a ritual. Okay, but for what? They never say. They actually ended the movie during the climax. The climax is supposed to serve as the highest point of intensity/excitement in a movie/book, which then goes into the resolution. The movie can't just end at the climax. And the ending wasn't even a resolution. Absolutely nothing was resolved. I am 100% serious and I am not exaggerating one bit. They didn't say what in the blazing Hell was going on and why it was going on.

It also wasn't much of a horror movie. My friends and I found ourselves laughing during the "scary" parts. The other people laughed during some of the "scary" parts, as well.

My verdict: If you're going to pass on a movie this year, next year, or your entire life, make it this movie. Nothing good came of this movie, except my newfound love for Anna Paquin. The acting was atrocious, the "scary" parts were, literally, laughable. Please, for the love of God, your family, and whatever else you hold dear, do NOT watch this movie.

Zell's Fists of Fury
12-31-2004, 06:23 AM
Seems to be the trend for horror movies.