PDA

View Full Version : Someone out there, please help

-Cloud-
12-30-2004, 10:55 PM
Ok, my laptop hasn't been working for ages, CD Drive doesn't work, so I can't reformat XP etc. I've looked everywhere for an internal CD Drive.

Where can I find an internal Drive? I've looked on eBay. Been to PC World, Dixons, Currys, they all have external drives.

Please help. :love:

Dr.K
12-31-2004, 01:59 AM
I'm no computer whizz, but i think the main reason you're probably having problems finding an internal drive for your laptop is that there is pretty much quite slim support for anything internal with regards to a laptop nowadays- once your portable friend packs in, then theres not a great deal you can do, apart from take it to a technician - upgrading them is almost out of the question i think.
That being said though, i'd keep looking - IBM sell individual drives for their laptops, so there must be some kind of support from your manufacturer.

NM
12-31-2004, 11:10 AM
You'll be very lucky to find an internal disc drive for a laptop. Your best bet is to get in touch with the manufacturer of your laptop and buy one from them.

But your best and I would say cheapest option would be to get an external USB CD drive.