PDA

View Full Version : Freakin' Chaos

Flamethrower
12-31-2004, 02:30 AM
Any strategies to beat this guy? Every time I come close the mofo casts curaja on himself.

My party: Knight, Ninja, White Wizard, and Black Wizard.

(Note: This is the DoS FF1 I'm talking about)

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-31-2004, 02:54 AM
First round: Knight uses Giant's Gloves, Ninja attacks, Black Wizard casts Haste on Knight.
Second round: Knight attacks, Ninja uses Giant's Gloves, Black Wizard casts Haste on Ninja.

After that, Knight and Ninja both attack continuously while Black Wizard continuously casts Flare--either the normal way or with a Judgment Staff. All the while, White Wizard should be casting Invisira, Null All, Healaga, etc. Whatever seems appropriate. If no healing or protecting is needed, she should go ahead with Holy or, if you have a Judgment Staff, Flare. Chaos should go down in a couple turns.

Dking'squeen
12-31-2004, 03:09 AM
i need to beat him too!

my team

Knight
red Wizard
Master
White Wizard

I can't beat him yet either, so i was just going to train harder and then fight again, but now i'm accidentally fighting Omega!

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-31-2004, 03:10 AM
If you can't even beat Chaos, then I don't think you're going to be able to beat Omega.

Dking'squeen
12-31-2004, 03:13 AM
i didn't do it on purpose though
i've been holding my own against omega, staying alive but i don't have enough eithers and i'm trying to leave so that i can figth Chaos
I near lv 100

Flamethrower
12-31-2004, 03:19 AM
Thanks Ryűkishi. :up: Gonna go try your strategy now.

abrojtm
12-31-2004, 06:23 AM
Since Chaos has pretty damn high magic defense, I would recommend continually casting Temper on your attacker(s) instead of casting Flare. I've gotten my characters doing upwards 8000 damage per round (w/ Ultima Weapon) on some bosses.

Flashback007
12-31-2004, 10:47 AM
Well, I beated him with casting Haste on my both attacking charachters (Knight & Red Wizard), I used the White Mage to heal and to attack with Holy and Black Mage casts Flare, Haste and other strong stuff. If everything works out fine he will go down in no time.

theundeadhero
12-31-2004, 01:23 PM
Just out of curiosity does flare = nuke?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-31-2004, 01:28 PM
Flare is NUKE, yes.

Erdrick Holmes
12-31-2004, 02:50 PM
They made Chaos much harder in DoS. He has 20,000 HP and his attacks are more accurate. You'd be better off replacing a Ninja with a master because by this time your master can do a barehanded attack that does 1000+ damage. Cast Protera and Invisira on everyone, then have your black mage cast NUKE (I refuse to call it flare) on him.

Also, give your Knight the Masamune and let your white wizard cast holy alot.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-31-2004, 11:28 PM
Why give the Knight Masamune when you can give him Ragnarok or Ultima Weapon?

Erdrick Holmes
12-31-2004, 11:30 PM
Isn't the Masamune the strongest weapon in the game?

Flamethrower
12-31-2004, 11:46 PM
The Ragnarok and the Ultima Weapon are in FF1? That's news to me.

Dking'squeen
12-31-2004, 11:52 PM
where can you get those?
I would like to know if i missed them somewhere

Dragoon Kain
01-01-2005, 12:27 AM
masamune is the strongest weapon in FF1 but in dawn of souls they added new weapons that are stronger that can only be aquirred in the extra areas.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
01-01-2005, 12:32 AM
Why are you even playing Dawn of Souls if you're not going through the Soul of Chaos dungeons? If you are going through the Soul of Chaos dungeons, how do you not know about Ragnarok and Ultima Weapon, not to mention the numerous other new items and pieces of equipment found within them?

You get a Ragnarok every time you beat Shinryu. There's only one Ultima Weapon, and you get it at the very end of Whisperwind Cove; its attack power is dependant on the HP of the character that has it equipped, just like the Lightbringer in FFVI and the Ultima Weapon and HP Shout in FFVII.

Dking'squeen
01-01-2005, 12:48 AM
I do go through the Soul of Chaos Dungeons, thank you
I try to go everywhere in the dungeon before i run out of potions, hi potions and ethers
I KNEW about and KNOW about Ragnorok, Ultima Weapon, Lightbringer, and a whole bunch of other strong weapons
I just didn;t know where to get them
I never said that i had never heard of them or that i wasn't going through the dungeons
sometimes i like to be at a good level before i do things, that;s why i don't have it yet
and i have vendettas against some bosses who beat me so i won't leave until i beat them
thank you for telling where to get them
i think i fought Shinryu and got nothing close to the Ragnorok

theundeadhero
01-01-2005, 02:24 AM
blasted new version! *shakes fist* :hate:

Kawaii Ryűkishi
01-01-2005, 06:00 AM
I do go through the Soul of Chaos Dungeons, thank you [etc.]It's cool.
i think i fought Shinryu and got nothing close to the RagnorokThat's odd, then. I'm pretty sure I got one every time I fought him.

Dking'squeen
01-01-2005, 07:24 PM
you can fight him more than one time?
I'll go and fight him again and see if i get it
I think i'm ready to beat choas
*I just found out how strong my master is
oops :D*

Flashback007
01-01-2005, 08:33 PM
Also, give your Knight the Masamune

If I am correct your Knight can not equip Masamune. It's only for the Ninja and the Red Wizard, if I am correct.

Flamethrower
01-01-2005, 09:21 PM
Anyone can equip the masamune, thankfully.

Why are you even playing Dawn of Souls if you're not going through the Soul of Chaos dungeons?

Because I was eager to finish the game and I wanted to have something new to do the next time I replay the game.

Mage_of_Fire
01-02-2005, 12:08 AM
If I am correct your Knight can not equip Masamune. It's only for the Ninja and the Red Wizard, if I am correct.

*bursts* HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Sry 'bout that. The masamune is equippable by EVERYONE, even a white mage or thief. You might be thinking of the Murasame. I don't know who can equip that one, not even sure if it's in DoS, but it's in FF4, and it is a ninja weapon.

Demon eye
01-02-2005, 02:16 AM
I have the guide and it says to just beat the Testicals out of him and use your strongest black magic!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My party

Worrior-level 16
Black belt-level 16
Theif-level 16
Red mage-level 15.....why DAMN ASTOTH

Mage_of_Fire
01-03-2005, 01:25 AM
uh, you aren't at chaos yet, are you? Cause it would take some experience to get to Chaos on level 16 and beat him. You wouldn't be using a guide I expect if you could.

Yeah I hate when experience goes out of wack. I always reset if someone dies and I can't avoid getting experience.

Dking'squeen
01-03-2005, 02:29 AM
All of my characters level up at exactly the same time ever since i've gotten it and now they're near level 80 *I beat teh game but just saved it on another file*
I would just die if one of my people had the nerve to die in a battle!
Then i'd just turn the game off, pissed off and cursing whoever died out

Erdrick Holmes
01-03-2005, 02:46 PM
Anybody can equip the Masamune, even a whitemage can.

You spoony Bard!!!!!!!!!!
01-04-2005, 11:14 PM
Why are you even playing Dawn of Souls if you're not going through the Soul of Chaos dungeons? If you are going through the Soul of Chaos dungeons, how do you not know about Ragnarok and Ultima Weapon, not to mention the numerous other new items and pieces of equipment found within them?

You get a Ragnarok every time you beat Shinryu. There's only one Ultima Weapon, and you get it at the very end of Whisperwind Cove; its attack power is dependant on the HP of the character that has it equipped, just like the Lightbringer in FFVI and the Ultima Weapon and HP Shout in FFVII.

Yes you do get the ragnarok from Shinryu. You get the light bringer from Deathgaze and you get the Ultima Weapon in The room after Deathgaze. Omega Weapon is the hardest boss in the game!!!!!!!!! ( Soul of Chaos water where u reach by goin into the whirlpool).

Any strategies to beat this guy? Every time I come close the mofo casts curaja on himself.

My party: Knight, Ninja, White Wizard, and Black Wizard.

(Note: This is the DoS FF1 I'm talking about)

Have your knight eguipped with masamune first. Knight: use the giants gloves. Ninja: Cast temper on Knight. Wm:Cast Invisra numerous times then protera ( heal when necessary. Bm: Cast haste on Knight then on Ninja. Continue process with Knight and Ninja. But after about 10 turns have Wm start to heal and the Bm use the Rune Staff ( Very helpful, get after defeating Orthos in Whisperwind Cove) After many turns his physicals should do low damage and usually miss. After 20 start attacking with the knight but keep casting temper with the Ninja. Easy battle. You can fight him as many times as you want.

Edit by Kishi: Don't double-post.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
01-05-2005, 04:41 AM
Omega Weapon is the hardest boss in the game!!!!!!!!!It's Omega, not Omega Weapon.

UltimateSpamGrover
01-05-2005, 11:05 AM
It's Omega, not Omega Weapon.

Actually (looking at later FF's) Omega and Omega Weapon are the exact same thing.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
01-05-2005, 11:20 AM
No, they're not. Omega is a stout robot. Omega Weapon is a towering beast, like Ultima Weapon.