PDA

View Full Version : Pet peeves

Citizen Bleys
12-31-2004, 08:03 PM
I love complaining, so it's time to make a thread about party members who..ah...urinate you off. Formula is your main, and then what you hate about other classes.

Main:
Peeves:

Main: Bard
Peeves: -tanks who don't voke, forcing me to Divine Seal + Curaga to get hate and then heal myself
-DRKs, full stop
-Ninjas who complain about tanking mandies
-and the biggest one, mages who stand close enough to the melee to copulate with them. No Ballad for j00!

Lionx
12-31-2004, 11:04 PM
Main: White Mage

Peeve:
-Not Provoking til it turns torward me and whacks me...like serveral times..-_-;

-Raising someone then only to be demanded to either:

Power level them
Raise with a higher lvl Raise spell despite not being in the lvl to have it yet
or saying that i am a sucker for helping others >_>

-Deal with high price for RaiseII and III despite that it doesnt help me -_-

-RDMs that dont try to enfeeble, leaving me with more to do...=/

UltimateSpamGrover
01-01-2005, 01:11 AM
My biggest pet peeve in FFXI (especially at lower levels)
(when you are leader of a party)

Seekingforparty >> Any room?
SeekingforParty >> You have anty room in your PT?
SeekingforParty >> Any vacancies?

If parties need you, they'll invite you, sheesh

Misfit
01-03-2005, 01:25 PM
Main: Bard
Peeves:
-DRKs, full stop
PISH POSH!

Wyllius
01-03-2005, 03:12 PM
New main which I'm loving, 41 Monk:

Peeves
"Okay, Monk Tanks" (however since reaching 40 I'm escaping this one)
"Monk pull, use Chi Blast and we can chain!" (my search comment is usually plain and simple to understand, for example:

@tnl Xhrs available
Ochiudos Kote Jujitsu gi Emp hairpin
Will NOT PULL. NOT A PULLER

Unfortunately people don't read search comments and I usually have to join a pt with a "I'm not a puller, you need me for that or DD?")

I'm tempted to add DRKs as generally, when I've ptd with them I get the IQ 42 DRK idiot "OMG I have Scythe! and poison I R COOL!" but a little taru drk changed my mind as we worked well together on a SC with me taking the hate from him while our nin got Utsusemi back up in the CN.

And of course, returning to Sandy from a lvling campaign, feeling like farming, and a ?Adventurer asks me for gil

Lionx
01-03-2005, 11:29 PM
MNKs CAN tank monsters that are VT+ or lower IT, especially not hard one hitters like scorpions, maybe crawlers or something like that. Had a MNK tank at CN once, it was pretty decent actually. I also had a static til it sorta disbanded due to time constraints with DRG and MNK, the DRG had to jump pull and MNK had to Chi Blast pull and i have to say MNK Chi Blast pull is actually one of the BETTER non ranged attk pulls, at the least its certainetly better than damn Provoke. Doesnt it also have a 3 min cooldown? Makes it sorta ok most of the times. Not that MNKs should pull when they dont have to but i say its possible to do it with Chi Blast and actually not get smacked as say with a Jump or voke pull.

Wyllius
01-04-2005, 01:09 AM
I'm not doubting that it's possible, it's very possible I had to do some tanking on worker crawlers a few days ago while our rep nin was arriving, as long as I have a whm who won't sit on her arse chatting to her LS while I'm getting beat up I'm fine with it, and also yes monks CAN pull, however I despise pulling and refuse blindly to do it. I've got so much farming to do now that being rejected for pts because I won't get aggro with a chi and probably not loose it for a fight isn't a concern of mine.

Rydia of Mist
01-04-2005, 01:34 AM
Oh boy.

1. {Too weak} {equip} - I will not stand to party with someone who doesn't care enough about their character to have decent gear. Wearing nooblet RSE in Valkurm, or Lizard Gear in Yhoator is NOT ACCEPTABLE.

2. {Provoke} {fishing} - Melee'ers...please... If you're going to pull, don't use Provoke. As your tank, I'm never going to hold hate if I have to pry it all off you first. Get a ranged weapon or use a ranged ability if you have to, other than Provoke.

3. {Blind} {/invite} - TALK to me, people. Let me know there's a human being behind this invite. Let me know who you've got and all that. You know, so I can actually make an informed decision.

Those are just three, though I'm sure there are more that I'm just not thinking of.

Lich3636
01-10-2005, 03:40 PM
pallys that use great sword or instead of tanking wanna back up heal

Drk that do nothing but cast spells (no melle hits)

gallka that where sublinger (it should be illegal)

People who complain when the smallest thing goes wrong and never shut up about it

People who make the whole party wait while there friend who is not a plver comes from another city to party with us

Gill sellers in general

ppl who put stuff up at ah for far more than there worth (with a few execptions for rare items)

PPl that harras you for gil a noob buged me for 10 min (i didnt feel like blisting him) telling me to give him gil because im lv 25 and hes lv 3 I JUST GOT CHAIN SET FOR CHRISTSAKE IM POOR AS HELL

Citizen Bleys
01-10-2005, 05:01 PM
I want to set fire to my party from last night; 2 nins in the party, and one British ninja left (who can blame him, it was 2am there), and asked the whm for a teleport-holla. The whm said right out that she was going to teleport-altep and run back to the Quicksand caves, but the party leader disbanded the whole damn party.

The party leader was the other ninja, and she was a better ninja than the Brit who was going to bed.

I was @500 -> 48.

And I won't have time to do an exp party at that level until Saturday (I'm lucky to squeeze in 2 hours on a work night)

It would have been 3 pulls. We could have done it with 5. Hell, I could have been main healer for 500 exp with a party of 4 while the whm was on her way back.

I don't like disbanding without a buffer, but 500 exp short of my level....GRAH!

I'm *so* getting 50 on Saturday.

Levian
01-10-2005, 09:32 PM
YES, I've longed for this thread.

Main job: WHM and BLM. (Haven't made up my mind. Leaning towards BLM)

1. Whiners. Nothing bothers me more than whiners. Especially the kind that has a tendency to blame others for every god damn thing.

2. Being expected to heal in Valkurm with a low WHM sub. Parties without WHM's sucks. They work every now and then, but they work slow.

3. "ohmigosh dis pt dos not get 200 xp after evry fite!!12122wqeeqvgwdvg IM LEAVING!!122112" Ok, I guess that goes under the "whiner" part, but I just really hate whiners >:/

4. When people don't tell what they're pulling and strength of enemy.

5. Being tank in crappy parties. (I was a WAR before. This is why I'm not WAR anymore. I've died enough.)

6. Demands. Don't demand stuff, ASK. "Me and my friend needs PL. You do it." How could I possibly say yes to that?

7. San d'Oria.

Citizen Bleys
01-10-2005, 10:14 PM
7. San d'Oria.

Philistine.

Levian
01-10-2005, 11:59 PM
It's too big >:/

Citizen Bleys
01-11-2005, 02:57 AM
Whereas Windurst is just a wee little speck, which is why they need flaming in-town teleports

P.S. I said hell with it and went lfg tonight. Whm from last night invited me. Got my level. Got my deathbuffer. And then the war says "OMG we have to go to Garbage Citadel, it's so much better than Quicksand Caves" and I say "Bugger that, I'd rather nail my dick to a burning wall," and the whm didn't want to go, and nobody but the war, whm and me cared...so of course, they all went to Garbage. Except me, I found them a rdm to replace me and skedaddled. I ain't setting foot in Garbage Citadel with my bard. He might get scratched.

(Until G1, that is. I'm dreading bomb coal as much as papyrus because I have to go to Garbage for it)

So, yeah. New peeve: Garbage Citadel.

Rydia of Mist
01-11-2005, 04:38 AM
I'm not particularly fond of Garbage $#!tadel, myself. My WHM died so many times there, I can't even count.

Lionx
01-11-2005, 04:40 AM
Its actually ok there, bring a BLM and then hop down and take beetles. I got good exp there.

Citizen Bleys
01-11-2005, 12:42 PM
<Thanks for the offer, but I'll have to pass>

I'd rather party in the Dunes.

Yes, at level 48.

Lionx
01-11-2005, 12:45 PM
Then your parties must suck...i can party at Garliage til around 51, only other alternative is Quicksand and i hate fighting Ants there for exp, they are way suckier than beetles. After that you may be able to push til 52 for beeltes in there, then its off to Kuftal for Crabs or Boyada for Spiders or Crabs there, and trust me, you will wish to be back in Garliage because lvl 50 monsters are a whole new kind of beast(especially with PLD tanks).

Misfit
01-11-2005, 03:07 PM
<Thanks for the offer, but I'll have to pass>
IT'S GREEN THEN RED, GOD GET IT RIGHT YOU NEWB!!1111 >_<

^_^

And I don't know what's going on 'cause I didn't read this whole thread, but I'd like to say that I got to skip GC with my DRK and that rocks because GC is HELL for a DRK. ^_^ YAY!

edit:

6. Demands. Don't demand stuff, ASK. "Me and my friend needs PL. You do it." How could I possibly say yes to that?
YOU PL ME NOW KK!?1?/ >:o

^_^

Citizen Bleys
01-11-2005, 03:15 PM
IT'S GREEN THEN RED, GOD GET IT RIGHT YOU NEWB!!1111 >_<

Va te faire enculé

w

That's right, I said "w".

Misfit
01-11-2005, 03:18 PM
Va te faire enculé

w

That's right, I said "w".
Like you once told me, anybody other than a JP using "w" is expressing fanboyism. {Congratulations!}

Citizen Bleys
01-11-2005, 03:46 PM
It grew on me. Too many JP and half-JP parties for me because of the weird hours that I play.

Misfit
01-11-2005, 05:00 PM
w *promptly
w accuses
w you
w of
w fanboyism*

Lich3636
01-12-2005, 03:16 PM
Party leaders who thinks its better to go after 1 fight that gives 150 exp but we all have to heal alot after then to go out and grab 5 monsters that give 50 exp each with only the whm healing a lil bit

Lionx
01-12-2005, 09:50 PM
You know 150 exp means either a high lvl VT or low IT..you should be able to take those without too much problems..>_> 50 exp IS bad...that is totall worse ever...try to get into exp chain 5s fighting ITs and stuff...your exp will rocket through the roof if you pull the right monsters when its time to SC. Record: 5K exp an hour, 15 K exp in 3 hours lvled up to 55 from 500 into lvl. <3