PDA

View Full Version : FF2: DoS

Machiavelli
12-31-2004, 09:24 PM
i did the search so don't yell, it wouldn't give me results.

Is there a map? i can't find one on this site, so is it in game?

Also, i only have 3 characters. I know i have to go get the one, but the walkthrough talks about getting that white wizard guy, mythyl or w/e he is. but there is not option to get him, has that been changed for the DoS game?

thx in advance.

UltimateSpamGrover
12-31-2004, 09:37 PM
Start, go to Fynn, rescue Scott, come back and get Mindu. (dont know his name is DoS)

( For Origins Map= Select and O)

Machiavelli
12-31-2004, 09:42 PM
this is GBA DoS, there is no O.

Flamethrower
12-31-2004, 09:55 PM
It's same as FF1: B + Select

You can't see the map until Scott gives you his ring though.

UltimateSpamGrover
12-31-2004, 09:59 PM
( For Origins Map= Select and O)

notice I said ORIGINS as in Final Fantasy Origins for the PS1. I know there isn't a O on the GBA.

DJZen
01-01-2005, 12:52 AM
He said DoS, which is for GBA.

UltimateSpamGrover
01-01-2005, 04:11 AM
whatever...

Shuko
01-01-2005, 04:30 AM
There's no need to get all pissy about any of this. It's not worth arguing over in a forum, is it?

Machiavelli
01-02-2005, 04:38 AM
i know, i myself was kinda just being an ass. sorry.

This game is hard though. I try going to fynn or w/e and i get my ass kicked by all kinda of things out there. I don't even do damage to them. I'm kinda sick of killing hornets and leg eaters, but i guess it will have to be so until i level up like mad. can't even get better weapons. maybe it is just the way that they did hte leveling system in this game that messes me up, how it is all individual weapons, my guys are stronger with hands then anything else.

How high do these levels go for individual weapons?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
01-02-2005, 05:17 AM
All weapons and spells can go up to Level 16. You can fight harder enemies and buy better weapons as you progress to new towns and dungeons, just like in any other game in this series.

As for the tough monsters that you run into if you go off the beaten path, FFII is unique in that, while the other games keep you from going too far on the world map by using roadblocks that require plot progression to get past, this game has almost every location immediately accessible by foot. Therefore, the only way to dissuade you from walking immediately to some place like Mysidia before you're supposed to was to place monsters in the way that are nigh upon impossible to beat at that point.

theundeadhero
01-02-2005, 02:49 PM
To me, thats another reason why this is a great game.You have to be aware of what your doing.

abrojtm
01-02-2005, 10:39 PM
To anwer your question:

To get Minwu (the White Wizard), you have to have progressed in the plot enough to have already found Mythril (I think). You will know when the time is right to get him in your party. He is the turban-wearing man that stands next to Princess Hilda.

Flamethrower
01-02-2005, 10:54 PM
No, you get Minwu before the Mythril quest. UltimaKnightGrover is correct.

Start, go to Fynn, rescue Scott, come back and get Mindu.

Machiavelli
01-03-2005, 07:21 PM
yep, got it. thx peeps. If it only levels up to 16, guess i'd do each category for complete ownage.