PDA

View Full Version : Infinite MP in FFII!!!

Shuko
01-01-2005, 04:28 AM
I just finished the Cyclone level, and while I was leveling up in the dungeon, I beat up a lot of "Wizard"s (They're the freaky hag-looking things with the PURPLE cloaks). Every so often one would drop an "osmose" tome. They also carry warp, drain, and flare tomes, in addition to diamond cuirass. Anyway, osmose is freakin' awesome! It lets you absorb your opponent's MP point for point! Not only can you keep opponents from casting spells, but you can refill your mp for free! And free mp means free cures... nyeheheheh. I'll never have to visit an inn or buy ethers again! :P

Drain is okay too, if you level it up enough. You can drain your opponents' hp, but so far I haven't used it all that much. I see no point when I can refill my mp and cast cure on myself, giving me more mp than drain would.

But there's one small problem with both of these spells. They work great for most foes, but don't ever use them on dead-looking critters or vampires. It'll do the opposite - you'll give THEM your hp or mp. On the other hand, that's also played to my advantage in a few cases. I had a character with low mp, and did that to him by mistake. At the end of the battle, he'd given all his mp to the opponent, but when it was all said and done, he got an mp boost. I did it the same way a few more times, and it happened again pretty reliably. So that might be a good way to raise max mp. That's another good thing to think about. Hm...

Lemme know what you guys think. As far as I know, I've only seen Wizards in the Cyclone fortress, but they might be elsewhere too. Sorcerers and Magicians drop good items, but not osmose tomes. If you've not played the Cyclone fortress yet, or are still there, I'd consider getting four or five of the things, just in case. I'd check a walkthrough to see if they show up later on in the game, but I'm too lazy. :tongue:

Captain Maxx Power
01-01-2005, 12:41 PM
I'm not a fan of any stat-draining abilities in any FF, because I have an awful habit of using them against undeads and lowering my stats. Not good karma in the least. I prefer to get my MP to 999 (not at all hard in FF2), which is more than enough to get through the Final Dungeon, or any dungeon infact.

NOFX1117
01-28-2005, 06:48 PM
hey whats the easiest way to level up mp and magic? im playing the DOS version and my hp didnt stop at 999... which is weird, and kinda cool cuz that means it probably goes to 9999 but that will take forever... and i found out in the begining of the game if you beat the guys in fynn, you get awesome http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gif and level weapons and magic fast... their rank 5, hp 750, very high defence you can beat them, with good magic though, i started beating them with level 5 fire, i beat like 30 something of them, they give the fire bow which kicks all ass, the golden armor which is awesome, and some tomes that arent that good... how strong do you have to be at the end of the game? because i dont want to be wasting my time leveling if im like strong enough to beat the game, that happened to me in ffI...

Kawaii Ryűkishi
01-28-2005, 07:03 PM
If you just level up for a couple hours in the beginning and then continue to level up naturally as you go through the game, you should be fine--especially in the GBA version, which is the easiest one yet.

DJZen
01-29-2005, 02:21 AM
Yeah, people tend to overdo stat raising in this game. You don't need to get any spells past level 10 really, and getting weapon skills up to 16 is just unnecessary since the nastiest bosses have stupid high defense. In fact, the only places I particularly level up for are Deist Cavern, the Dreadnought, the Cyclone and the Jade Passage. With other places I'm usually in good shape for by the time I earn enough money to buy the weapons, armor and spells I need. Not to mention items.

rubah
01-29-2005, 07:14 AM
The only thing about aspil (osmose) is it does NOT work when you don't have mp.

A slight oversight, but it kept me from having richard using any magic through the entire one thingy before leon. (he only had 25 mp anyways, though) I mean, I'm not going to waste an ether on him.

However, Frioniel, Maria, and Guy all abused aspil thoroughly.

DJZen
01-29-2005, 05:53 PM
He's talking about using Aspil/Osmose/Faze as a Tome, which requires no MP. It does require you use up an equipment slot though...