PDA

View Full Version : My hobby (Not hobbit weirdo)

theundeadhero
01-01-2005, 07:27 AM
As some of you know, I really prefer to listen to old Vinyl records over CDs. I prefer the warm fuzzy sound to them over the high pitched clean-cut sound a CD gives off, especially the digitally remastered ones. My question is, does anyone else here collect records? If so, which ones do you own?

Sweet Beloved
01-01-2005, 07:33 AM
Um, no. But my pappy does. BTW, can I call you hero fer short? I just thought it sounds cool. OOH! We have an old record player. I think one of the records is Frank Sanatra. I'm not ABSOLUTELY sure.

Resha
01-01-2005, 07:55 AM
We only have a million stashed away somewhere, compliments of daddie darling. They're all stuff like...um...*remembers* Jethro Tull?!?! And ...WHO...and...some others. Lotsa them. I wanna listen to them but the damn machine doesn't work!!

By the way; you should have a hobbit. HOBBITS RUUUUULE! :love:

-N-
01-01-2005, 08:15 AM
Wait, this ISN'T about hobbits? :glare:

Sweet Beloved
01-01-2005, 08:27 AM
:D No. I don't watch LOD. I seen all three though. It was cool cause Orlando Bloom is in it. :D :love: *I love Orly.* :love:

DeBlayde
01-01-2005, 10:04 AM
I used those old discs once! I had this project to do for school, and I needed a low friction wheel for a mouse trap powered vehicle. We used my friends' grandparents records though.

worked pretty good!

The Captain
01-01-2005, 10:07 AM
My family has over the years acquired quite a large number of old records and LPs, which are great fun to listen to and pretend you're hearing classic songs for the first time, though they must also be dealt with extremely carefully as they are very fragile.

I don't know the exact number of records, but from memory, I know we have all the Beatles, Beach Boys, Grateful Dead, Janis Joplin and many other big rockers of the day albums.

Take care all.

theundeadhero
01-01-2005, 10:21 AM
the Beatles,Grateful Dead, Janis Joplin and many other big rockers of the day albums. :love:

Maxico
01-01-2005, 10:53 AM
I saw this and missread the title as "my hobbit videos".

Resha
01-01-2005, 11:53 AM
The public seems to demand a hobbit thread...

DMKA
01-01-2005, 05:06 PM
Records suck. I like digital music. Music that I can actually hear.

Jojee
01-01-2005, 05:48 PM
I don't collect records but I collect hobbits ^^

Actually I've never even used a record before o_0 *deprived*? the records part in Shaun of the Dead was funny though.

Leeza
01-01-2005, 09:39 PM
I don't collect them, but I have inherited a lot. I have boxes of 78s, 45s and 33s. I have an old Technics record player, but the needle isn't very good on it and it's just too much trouble to actually play them anymore.

theundeadhero
01-01-2005, 11:14 PM
I don't collect them, but I have inherited a lot. I have boxes of 78s, 45s and 33s. I have an old Technics record player, but the needle isn't very good on it and it's just too much trouble to actually play them anymore. The needles are still easily found in electronic stores like radio shack. It's not much more trouble than CDs, you just have to turn it over halfway through. I'm just weird and prefer them for their sound and vintage feel.