PDA

View Full Version : Drakengard??

sephiroth9006
01-01-2005, 05:46 PM
i recently just got drakengard and i have been playing it for awhile now (If that makes sence) and now i'm on the aerial mission the desert of the moon or somthing like that and i'm stuck my caim's level 18(i think) with 182 HP which is the same with the dragon but i read the instruction manual it says that the dragon can level up (Maximum of lvl3)
now i was wondering when does this happen cause there's one point in the manual where it says levels will be available later on in the game.
so which is?
EXP
or
a certain point in the game?
if it's EXP how much cause i have 179-180 thousand odd for the dragon
and it has an attack power of 53odd i'm just wondering cause i've been trying to get a lvl up for the dragon for a little while now.
and i need help on that misssion i'm on it's an aerial mission in the desert.
so
help.

Cless
01-02-2005, 05:14 AM
Well, I don't have the game but want to ask you about it. It looks interesting but due to mixed reviews, I have not bought it. What is your opinion of it. Would you recommend it?

kikimm
01-05-2005, 02:39 AM
Well, to the first question---you can level up your dragon---in free expedition and story mode. However, just because you level up your dragon to level 3 in free expedition mode, doesn't mean he'll be level 3 in story mode. Yes, you'll have the health that you gained, but not the attack strength. I don't get why this is, but eh.

Cless---Look at the avatar/sig. :) I wholeheartedly recommend this game. It's tied for my favorite of all time. But to like it, I think you'll have to be fairly open minded. I've never played anything like it before. It's dark, disturbing, depressing---all that good stuff. The voice acting, in my opinion, is also some of the best I've ever heard. I've also got my precious soundtrack---orchestrated techno---I love it.

So I recommend it. But you weren't asking me. But I don't care---I like sharing the love.

:D

sephiroth9006
01-05-2005, 10:05 AM
so any help on the desert of the moons first mission thingy
the in the sky one i'm not sure if it is desert of the moon or not
but it's really annoying.

mike without a hat
01-05-2005, 09:49 PM
I think thats the level with the flying things with swords that block your attacks, right?
try to get far away from them and lock and shoot them when they throw their sword at you, that way they cant block your attacks

Also, do you guys know what happens when you beat those timed dark enemies with the purple wall/shield things around them?

kikimm
01-06-2005, 12:15 AM
sephiroth9006---I'd recommend training a bit, to at least get your health up. That should help. Also, avoiding the enemies that mschmidtFF mentioned would be good as well. Just dodge them when they throw their swords, then shoot. A little luck might also help.

mschmidtFF---It's been a long time sicne I've even tried to beat one of those things, but when I did it, you get an orb of some kind..I believe it's whitish in color, and I think it gives you EXP. But don't quote me on that. I could be totally wrong.

sephiroth9006
01-31-2005, 08:50 PM
ok i have got 2 out of the 5 endings the one were the dragon offers to be the seal and the one when you have to fight the dragon now i'm stuck against the angel furie (Caims sister i know i havn't spelt that right)
i'm lvl 60 with about 337HP and i continusly die cause her attacks are so powerful.
what is the recomended lvl for her and were do i get the weapons to get the last ending i have around 30somthing% i have mastered that hyrms finger sword it's funny but more to the point uhh help....

Cless
01-31-2005, 10:30 PM
Cless---Look at the avatar/sig. I wholeheartedly recommend this game. It's tied for my favorite of all time. But to like it, I think you'll have to be fairly open minded. I've never played anything like it before. It's dark, disturbing, depressing---all that good stuff. The voice acting, in my opinion, is also some of the best I've ever heard. I've also got my precious soundtrack---orchestrated techno---I love it.
Thank you for the recommendation kikimm. I purchased the game a few days after reading that and it has been in my Playstation ever since. I have really enjoyed playing it and am currently collecting all the weapons in order to obtain the fifth ending. Since you seem passionate about this game, I was hoping that you could answer some questions for me:

1. Have you got the fifth ending?
2. If you have, without spoiling it for me, could you tell me if it's worth collecting all the weapons for? Would you consider it to be the best ending?
3. What is the name of the song that plays on the second "demo" bit on the title screen and during (I think) the second ending? I really like it.

Overall, I am definitly glad I bought this game. I didn't realise just how "dark" it would be. In particular, I was quite shocked at the bit involving the child soldiers. It shocked me because it's kind of taboo and I felt strange as my sword was ripping through them as they screamed. But that's alright because I'm a sadist! :D (joke)
My favourite character was Arioch followed closely by Caim. I really liked Caim because he was a very unconventional protagonist and liked the whole "is he fighting to save lives, or to take them" thing that he had going on. It's a refreshing change to see a main character that can be described as a vengful, bloodthirsty, remorsless, sadistic psycopath!

But even that can't top the sheer lunacy of the mentally ill Arioch! She lusts after children's blood for crying out loud! Does that make me sick that she is my favourite character though? :confused:

Goodness, sorry I'm going on a bit but I really think that this game is very good!

sephiroth9006---I beat her with my level in the 30's so your level shouldn't be a concern. It took me a fair number of attempts though. I'm sorry but this is just quite a tough boss! The way to beat her is persistance! Keep trying! Then try again! Then try again! See where this is going?

However, if it's tactical advice you want then that's what you shall recieve. Make good use of R1, L1 and X. In other words strafe and dash. If you perfect that then you should have no problem dodging her standard projectile attacks though the main worry is when she surrounds herself with swords. I sugest saving all your specials for this moment to make life easier.

All in all though, the greatest thing I can tell you is to not give up. From repeated attempts, you will learn how to beat it from experience. Each atempt is not a waste of time if you look at it like this. This is the mindset that I use for bosses that I find tough. You should too.

kikimm
02-01-2005, 03:28 AM
You've got to be kidding me. You like it! :love: :love: :love: It's so unconventional, I've only met a few other people who actually enjoy it. That said, I'm very happy you can appreciate it. I love that it's a much different game---and I'm glad you see that as well. It is addicting, no? Now, on with the questions:::

1. Yes, I have gotten the the last ending. Getting the weapons really isn't that hard. There are only a few that might be a bit troublesome, but no big deal, really. Besides---I kind of enjoyed getting all the weapons. Although I recommend not doing it like me, going to get them all at once. It's not as bad as you might think--there are a couple of really good ones out there. Kings Blood, for example.
2. Personally, I really liked the fifth ending. But that might be because I'm a bit disturbed---without spoiling, all the endings, as you may have foreseen are very, for lack of a better word, unhappy. Melancholy. They're sort of depressing, but very well-done. I hate it when people automatically think sad=bad, or badly done. Since you seem to like Arioch, though :p I don't think that'll be a problem. They're very good. I've said that my favorite is the second ending, but now I'm not so sure. They're all excellent in their own ways.

But---I thought the fifth ending was worth it. If not because it as good (which I'll get to later) but because if gave me an amazing sense of accomplishment. Finally beating it felt great. Although I could see why some people don't like it, I thought it was very fitting; in my opinion it was happy. It could be considered the happiest of all. The last battle was also very well done---original.

3.Ah. I see you have good taste. At first I didn't like it, because I heard the japanese version first. But it's grown on me; the lyrics are beautiful. I believe the name of the song is Growing Wings, although on the soundtrack it's listed as "Route B Staff Roll-Exhausted".

Anyways, I'm really glad that you like this game. Oh--and you haven't even seen disturbing yet, trust me. :D

Ah, I love this game.

Yuffie514
02-01-2005, 06:31 AM
...just rented it today and WOW, the game is great. even better than what Koei can come up with :cool: .

Drakengard is :up: :up: :up: thumbs up!

Cless
02-01-2005, 06:25 PM
Yes, this game is great! :love:

I've currently got 44 weapons out of 65. I decided to take a break because all this killing is playing on my conscience! But really, don't you think games like Drakengard desenitize one to violence? Not that it bother's ME though. Mmm...blood *drools* :D (joke)

Anyhow, let me rage on some more about how good this game is!
I really liked the realationship that Caim and the Dragon shared. The both of them had to give up a bit of pride each to sustain it though. I really liked the first ending. The way Caim gets emotional over the dragon touched me. It's just that Caim feels nothing through the whole game but happiness at other beings suffering so to see him show emotion towards the dragon made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside! It must have been like losing part of himself. Also the dragon had swallowed a lot of his pride in order to do what he did. This shows that the characters also grew as people throughout the journey.

I agree with you about the voice acting. It certainly is some of the best I have heard in a video game. It has really got that "medieval England" vibe running through it. I felt each voice actor portrayed their characters unique personality well and, to me, the dragon' voices is of particular note. It was also very well written, so much so in fact, that it often had me running for the dictionary! But that is always a good thing as I get to expand my vocabulary as I enjoy a great game!

Also, on the credits roll you can see that the music has sampled classical artists such as J.S. Bach, Tchaisky and Mozart to name a few. To me, a fan of classical music, that is SO cool!!! :love: :love: :love: *starts dancing*

Overall, I think more people should have given it a chance. So, if you're sitting there reading this and have yet to sample the delights of Drakengard, get out of that chair and get yourself a copy NOW! I did, and I definitly do not regret it!

Thanks again, Kikimm. For recommending this great game to me!

Yuffie514
02-01-2005, 07:18 PM
i'm already gonna buy me a copy of Drakengard. :cool: i just made it to Chapter 2 :) . i wonder why Caim/dragon sometimes run or fly slowly, and then they get all fast for a while :confused: ? i found it hard to attack enemies on the ground while riding my dragon (whom i shall now call, Tiamut :cool: ).

mike without a hat
02-01-2005, 07:23 PM
Cless, the dragon is a girl. :tongue:

Yuffie514
02-01-2005, 07:51 PM
Drakengard's been getting more averaged reviews than good. but i give it this :up: :up: :up: much and i'll just base my review on how i complimented it in this thread :D .

does anyone know if the Japanese version (Drag-On Dragoon) was a hit in Japan :confused: ?

and for the reviewers that gave it a 6.0 score and lower, eat :shoot: this :cool: !

sephiroth9006
02-01-2005, 10:37 PM
THEY WHAT!?
anyway yeah i just died for another 3billion times god she is so cheesy her attacks are devestating i take away about quater of her health and i have lost over half of my health even when i have over 330 grrrrrrrr.
*thrwos self out of window repetedly yelling i will beat her again and again*...lol

but still is there anyway to have the dragon greater then lvl2 before you face her will i have to beat inuart again??

i managed to nearly kill her today but she used that sword attack and i had no specials so i ultimatly died which is extremly annoying but still i will keep trying and will eventually beat her.

kikimm
02-02-2005, 12:59 AM
Yes, definitley. A LOT more people need to play this game. I'm very glad that I've finally found a couple more people who agree with me on this subject. :love: Although I crossed over the line of obsession a while ago...

It also surprises me that you like the music, Cless. It's good to hear someone else can appreciate the genius. I particularly like the peices in the third ending, and (DO NOT read this if you haven't gotten the second ending, or a little past this) the music during the part where Inuart is carrying Furiae's dead body up the the seed. I really don't mind having it stuck in my head. :) It's really beautiful stuff.

I, too loved the first ending, particularly the bit where Caim cries. I love that he was finally able to show that kind of emotion. It was bittersweet, and I love that.

I, too, recommend this game to all. Although keep an open mind. And, possibly, a strong stomach.

Cless---You're very welcome. My pleasure.

I'm looking forward to hearing and playing more of this game IN THE SEQUEL. :grinpink:

sephiroth9006
02-02-2005, 05:25 PM
ok abit more of an update i still haven't beaten furiae yet but on somthing just about as annoying i just got to the bit were you have to fight the giant baby things and they are all annoying their attacks home onto you and deal a fair amount of damage too. magic seem too do nothing so i need abit of help...

and what would you say is the best weapon in the game and were do you get it.

Cless
02-02-2005, 08:36 PM
Cless, the dragon is a girl.
I'm sorry, my mistake. I did know that in the first place so that detail must have slipped my mind when I was caught up in my typing.

Yes, this game did recieve very substandard reviews. That is why I didn't buy it earlier than I did. I always looked at it with a lot of interest but every time I thought about buying it, review scores seemed to pop up in my mind. It was the good word of kikimm here to give me that slight mental nudge to go out and splash the cash. The reviews seemed to say that the pop-up was horrendous(sp) and that the gameplay was repetitive. Ok, so there was a bit of pop-up, but otherwise, I thought the character models and visuals were lush! :love: It didn't detract from the game experience in any way for me. Also, I didn't find the gameplay repetitive. It did what it aimed to do very well IMO. Good, solid combat system!

However reading this in PSM2 pissed me off:

The typical Square Enix storyline

Mmm, you can almost taste that big serving of cliche cake.
:hot: AHHHH! What are they talking about! Drakengard is a lot of things but "cliche" it certainly aint! IMO, Drakengard has one of the most creative, original and unique stories that I've had the pleasure of playing. However, PSM2 ALMOST made up for this faux pax with an insight into the man behind Drakengard that I shall quote here:

"YOU GIVE ME SHIBA
The mastermind behind Drakengard is a cheery Japanese bloke called Takamasa Shiba. PSM2 liked his layed back (mad) style and he was only happy to answer our sword-sharp questions. Here are some of Shiba's better nuggets:

PSM2: Drakengard can neither be classed as an RPG or as an action title, so what name would you give the genre of it?
Shiba: Good question! Maybe you could think of one NOW and I'll consider it!

PSM2: So what plans do you have after Drakengard?
Shiba: I plan to find a woman and get married!

PSM2: We've had an idea for a game. It involves all the PSM2 team going on pub crawls around various cities; In a final fantasy stylee. Are you interested?
Shiba: Could you please leave right now. Preferably without causing a fuss?"

Wow, Shiba sounds like a crazy guy!

My favourite weapon is the huge Hymiger's(sp) Finger. I used it since I have gotten it rarely switching my weapon. I forget how I got it though! :confused:

m4tt
02-02-2005, 09:09 PM
...just rented it today and WOW, the game is great. even better than what Koei can come up with :cool: .

Drakengard is :up: :up: :up: thumbs up!

Uhh, better than Koei? No way. I made the mistake of buying this game and I haven't touched it since the week I bought it. Waste of money.

sephiroth9006
02-02-2005, 09:19 PM
ok i just need the last ending which i have a feeling that i know what happens but if i'm not right then meh but still it's the only ending i aint seen yet so it must be.
does anyone know were to get the weapons from only another 50 to go lol well i think it's 50 i have 45% of the weapons most of them at lvl 4.
so uhh help on finding the weapons would be nice.

Cless
02-02-2005, 11:10 PM
sephiroth9006---go here http://dw.com.com/redir?asid=914769&astid=8&siteid=19&edid=107&destCat=30521&destURL=http%3A%2F%2Fdb.gamefaqs.com%2Fconsole%2Fps2%2Ffile%2Fdrakengard_weapon.txt and if possible, have access to it while playing.
There's a section in the middle that lists all the weapons and how to get them. Good luck! It may take some time though, I have just got a few more to get before I gain access to the last chapter! I can't wait!

Uhh, better than Koei? No way. I made the mistake of buying this game and I haven't touched it since the week I bought it. Waste of money.
I'm sorry you feel this way about Drakengard. I think it's great! :love: Though I haven't played Koei's Dynasty Warriors series of games.

Yuffie514
02-03-2005, 01:54 PM

well, Koei is the expert on war games, and i like Dynasty/Samurai Warriors :) , but Square-Enix is the first to come up with dragon riding :cool: . where else can you ride a dragon and flamethrow your enemies on the ground :D ?

Cless
02-03-2005, 02:21 PM
but Square-Enix is the first to come up with dragon riding . where else can you ride a dragon and flamethrow your enemies on the ground ?
Did Panzer Dragon not do the whole "dragon thing" first?

Anyway, I've just started thinking about the unique style of music Drakengard uses. It's really unlike anything I've heard. On the surface, it may seem like your standard classical fare but if you listen closely, you'll notice the structure and beat to the music is very strange for classical music. One would near think it's like they take the structure and fast beat of dance/techno and remix classical intruments on this template. I think this description by kikimm is a good one:

orchestrated techno
That sums it up pretty well! :D

So; Drakengard music = :thumb:

m4tt
02-03-2005, 02:49 PM
well, Koei is the expert on war games, and i like Dynasty/Samurai Warriors :) , but Square-Enix is the first to come up with dragon riding :cool: . where else can you ride a dragon and flamethrow your enemies on the ground :D ?

I have a lot more fun smashing 50 Nanman soldiers with an Elephant. :)

Yuffie514
02-03-2005, 04:05 PM
Did Panzer Dragon not do the whole "dragon thing" first?

ouch :tongue: , i forgot 'bout that one :D !

i liked Drakengard better. many of the reviews said it was a mixture of Dynasty Warriors and Panzer Dragoon. Drakengard could use some improvements:

1. battlefield...where's my allies :mad2: ! why am i a one-man army here :mad2: ?!
2. dragon...it would be more exciting if i can grab my foes and hurl them, whack 'em with the tail, eat 'em, etc :D !
3. sides...choose to fight for a good or evil purpose :mad: .
4. item...i'd like to see more items on the field than just the healing spheres ;) .