PDA

View Full Version : Gordon vs Edward

Flamethrower
01-01-2005, 07:19 PM
Who would win in a fight? :p

Flashback007
01-01-2005, 08:39 PM
They would run away for each other. They are both cowards and both are very bad charachters.

UltimateSpamGrover
01-01-2005, 09:17 PM
Edward: Hide!

Gordon: Haha! Chicken!

Edward: *brings out Harp*

Gordon: OH ****! *Runs*

Edward: I WIN! *looks down* *sees his shadow* *runs*

DRAW

Flamethrower
01-01-2005, 09:31 PM
LOL

In all seriousness though, if I had to choose, I'd pick Gordon. His attack power was decent as long as you equipped him with two weapons (although then he'd have poor defense). Edward on the other hand, was horrible now matter what you did with him. Besides, who fights with a fuggin' harp? I mean, honestly... Still, I think it would probably be a close fight, since y'know, they both suck and all.

theundeadhero
01-01-2005, 11:44 PM
Gordon toughens up a little later on in the game.

Flamethrower
01-02-2005, 12:02 AM
That's good to hear, him dying on me every five minutes hasn't been fun.

Demon eye
01-02-2005, 02:24 AM
Ready.....FIGHT

Gordon-spear.....forgot to untie his strape...comes filing into his head...killing him

Edward-Walks over to the dead body pulls out Gordon's heart...he eats hit...then comites suicide

To me it looks like a tie..... :tongue:

DJZen
01-02-2005, 03:06 AM
How is this even a question? Gordon was a much better fighter than Edward could ever hope to be. The only thing Edward could do is Hide and attempt to heal himself. Meanwhile, Gordon just has to bust out Fire10 and it's bye-bye bard.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
01-02-2005, 03:21 AM
Both Gordon and Gilbert became brave people of immense worth later in their respective games, although Gilbert took longer to do it and ultimately could only do it off the battlefield. If FFIV had only been a little longer, maybe he could have joined the party again for a while with a new command to replace Hide. Because, man, that Hide command is always going to haunt him.

Flamethrower
01-02-2005, 03:21 AM
Wow, looks like I was wrong about Gordon. I didn't realise he actually gets better. Heh.

I made this thread because as soon I got Gordon, he immediately reminded me of Edward. Both cowardly princes who gained courage due to the death of a loved one (Scott and Anna, respectively).

Crazy the Clown
01-02-2005, 03:46 AM
Gordon's pretty useless, until you bulk him up a bit. Then, he can make all the difference.

Edward's pretty useless, until you end up fighting the Dark Elf. Then, he can make all the difference.

I'd have to give the advantage to Gordon.

omnitarian
01-02-2005, 04:51 PM
What's so bad about Gordon? He's always been a perfectly fine character through all my playthroughs. :)

theundeadhero
01-02-2005, 05:18 PM
I found Edwards ability to charm or put to sleep by attacking extremely useful.

Fredde
01-02-2005, 08:08 PM
Gordon and Edward ARE extremely similar, but in a fight, Gordon would probably win after some hitting-himself-over-and-over-levelling-up.

When it comes to actual personality, Gordon wins again according to me, 'cause he actually become leader over the entire rebel movement (well, a leader, at least), while Edward...whatever happened to him after his elf-slayin' harp-playin'?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
01-02-2005, 08:55 PM
He went back to Damcyan to rebuild and retake the throne.

abrojtm
01-02-2005, 10:34 PM
Gordon most definitely. I think he was beefed up to not be such a total loser in DoS. Gilbert still just sits there.... playing his harp in a town of beautiful women....wearing purple.

Fredde
01-03-2005, 01:39 PM
He went back to Damcyan to rebuild and retake the throne.

Okay, it's a draw then, I guess.

theundeadhero
01-03-2005, 03:48 PM
Gilbert still just sits there.... playing his harp in a town of beautiful women....and that makes him less of a man?

Del Murder
01-08-2005, 04:39 AM
Edward would charm him and Gordon would kill himself.