PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy X: International

Fantasy_Dragon
01-02-2005, 04:56 AM
I am confused. I thought International was Japanese only?

I heard that when you start a new game, you can choose between English and Japanese, but the voice-overs are only in English.

Why would the voice-overs only be in English when International was only released in Japan?

Please tell me if any information is wrong. Thanks!

Cless
01-02-2005, 05:04 AM
You see, Final Fantasy X:International is also the version that Europeans got. It has a few differences (such as ultra hard dark aeons) and tweaks but you cannot select the Japanese language.

Hope this was of help. :)

Fantasy_Dragon
01-02-2005, 05:48 AM
Oh, I see. Thanks!

Was International ever released in America?

Yuffie514
01-12-2005, 11:35 PM
i just think that Americans are being treated like second-class citizens when it comes to video-gaming rights (or whatever you may call it) 'cuz the Japanese are still mad at us for dropping the A-bomb on them.

BackRoomKid
01-13-2005, 12:19 AM
^^^woah, sensitive subject

Well, America is very spoiled...gotta give something to the rest of the world you know?

Yuffie514
01-13-2005, 01:55 AM
well, it is a fact they hate us (even if i don't hate them). who knows.

Appless
01-13-2005, 01:58 AM
What about Europeans and Australians? We have to wait forever for games to come out and we don't even get some of them (Xeno series, Chrono cross, etc.).

Yuffie514
01-13-2005, 02:30 AM
how long do they have to wait? we Americans have to wait like a year or maybe half.

Appless
01-13-2005, 03:25 AM
We got FFX something like 6 months after you guys.

Wuggly Blight
01-13-2005, 04:45 PM
America is spoiled to hell, belive us you get the better deal. We have to wait along time for a release after America and alot of titles dont make it, afew features extra is a way for making up for it and sometimes its not worth it.

Yuffie514
01-13-2005, 10:34 PM
no, i don't think America's that spoiled. we'd be spoiled if we can get all of the FF merchandise in our own malls w/out ordering it on EBay or taking a step out of our own country.

rubah
01-14-2005, 12:22 AM
. . .

That's like saying you should be able to get all the mario merchandise in stores.

Which you can't.

You must remember, you as an obsessive gamer, are a minority in the american public. Most people that go to malls don't care about ten year old games, or action figures and stuff. They want to go to Banana Republic and Hot Topic.

You know what that means?

Take up our promise of free enterprise. Start off by accumulating some change, rent a spot in the nearest mall, maybe get a license/permit, and start a ff reseller business.

Become successful, make more money, spread it through the country, and bingo, there you go. America is spoilt.

Yuffie514
01-14-2005, 12:41 AM
i'm not an obssessive fan. i'm a real fan and real fans in America should equally get all the stuff that others are getting in Japan. if i was obssessive, then i'd be walking around dressed in Yuffie's clothing all day long. besides, i'm not the only one in the world who thinks getting my games late is unfair. Mario's a great game, but i really only care for Final Fantasy. :)

abrojtm
01-14-2005, 04:55 AM
International version, just like KH: Final Mix, and FFX-2: Final Mission were only released as PAL/Japanese version. American gamers are spoiled compared to PAL gamers. We get games a long time before them-sometimes up to a year. However, we don't get a lot of the games that Japan releases, and therefore PAL countries don't get a lot of the games that Japan releases either. If you really want a FFX International Version, go buy a PAL PS2, a plug-socket converter, and the International Version of the game. American gamers shouldn't expect to get everything that they ever want, just like we shouldn't expect political leaders to do everything perfectly or everyone to be the same.