PDA

View Full Version : Who is going to get xenosaga ep.2

darkchrono
01-02-2005, 11:12 AM
Who is going to get the second game in the series which comes out in about a month and a half.

I like the xenosaga games. I like how it takes its plot much more serious than most rpg's do. RPG's are so fantasy driven that a serious game like xenosaga is a very nice change of pace.

theundeadhero
01-02-2005, 02:53 PM
While I hate the graphic styling in games such as Xenosaga and Star Ocean, I do plan on buying this game. I'm a big fan of Xenogears and can't help but to play it. I'm also held in suspense about certain aspects of the story line.

edczxcvbnm
01-02-2005, 10:28 PM
I will get it the day it comes out. Can't wait.

Behold the Void
01-02-2005, 10:30 PM
I do want to get it myself, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to afford it. I'd better get a job.

SomethingBig
01-02-2005, 10:44 PM
Like I said before, I'm more excited about Xenosaga II than I am about FFXII, so I'm definitely getting this game.

Shadowdust
01-03-2005, 05:37 AM
I'm definitely getting it. I got a sneak peak in the beta version of Episode II and I found it to be pretty fun. So it'll definitely be worth the money. I suggest that you who have beaten Episode I at low levels to level up, because it'll end up getting you more Skill Points for Episode II. For every level gained in Episode I, you get 30 bonus Skill Points on top of your base amount of 600. :D

-N-
01-03-2005, 06:39 AM
I'm going to find some way to get it for free.

Trumpet Thief
01-03-2005, 08:22 PM
Like I said before, I'm more excited about Xenosaga II than I am about FFXII, so I'm definitely getting this game.

chaos: Agreed.

Trowa: What's making me the most excited is the Albedo-Rubedo-Nigredo triangle, which is going to be explained more in this installment.

Necronopticous
01-03-2005, 08:52 PM
I'm very excited for the release, I am a big fan of Xenogears and Xenosaga Episode 1.

Hiroshino
01-03-2005, 08:54 PM
I never personally got into any Xeno game in my life. I remember hearing about Xenogears being popular over the internet which was really the only way I knew about it besides having a friend mention it. I don't even understand what any of the Xeno games are about because I never read too much on it. When I did though, it just sounds like any other game with its own storyline and such. Either way, I never gave any Xeno game much thought and never played any of them or seen them played. I was more into the Chrono series, FF series, and other games that I like to really get into the Xeno games.

After hearing some stuff about the Xenosaga series and Xenogears; I think I'd rather just wait until all six games are out and hear what people think about them all and such. Also, when all six are out, I'll be able to read up on them all and make the decision to bother with them.

However, the only Xeno game I do intend to even try to play is Xenogears.

So no, I am not going to get Xenosaga 2 or any Xenosaga game unless all six are out and my opinion changes. So far, I am only slightly interested in someday downloading Xenogears and giving it a try.

Time will only tell.

Necronopticous
01-03-2005, 09:20 PM
I am not going to get Xenosaga 2 or any Xenosaga game unless all six are out
That will be roughly 12 years from now.

darkchrono
01-04-2005, 04:07 AM
Hirishino, to be honest the storylines in the xeno games are about 5 times better than most anyother rpg out there.

Xenosaga doesn't quite have the storyline that Xenogears has (as xenogears was a complete story while xenosaga is only part of a story).But I don't think any game even remotely comes close to xenogears as far as storyline goes.

The people who are big fans of the xeno games play them for the story and not so much for the gameplay. If you are not a big fan of really detailed in depth stories (as well as a story that is much more serious than most anyother rpg) than the xeno games probably are not for you. But if you are a fan of those type of layouts than the xeno games will quickly become one of your favorite rpg's you will ever play.

-N-
01-04-2005, 04:55 AM
Yeah, you'll gripe like all hell about the second disc but play it repeatedly anyways. :rolleyes:

°¿°¿°
01-04-2005, 05:00 AM
i am gonna get it right when it comes out i really liked the first episode and i have been waiting forever for second 1 to come out

Mr. Graves
01-04-2005, 05:10 AM
I think I'll sit this one out.

I didn't like the way the game carried itself. It was literally 75% movie, and %25 game. Sure, I could, you know, SKIP the scenes of I wanted, but if you're playing through the game for the very first time...you don't want to miss the story. But the story just drags on with 25-minute cutscenes. It's five times worse than FF Tactics. I'll expect more of the same, but I guess I'll rent it to see. Even if it isn't like that (I honestly have no knowledge about how Ep. 2 will be.), I'd imagine completing and understanding Ep.1 will help a lot in understanding this one.

But who knows. I might try to pull myself through Ep. 1 sometime.

Appless
01-04-2005, 06:53 AM
Sometimes living in Australia sucks. We don't get the Xeno games, the Dragon Quest/Warrior games and a few others as well :( :( :(

Cless
01-11-2005, 11:20 AM
I won't be getting it, as I didn't get Xenogears, Chrono Chross and FF Tactics. Why's that? Because Square and now Namco don't release some games in Europe that I REALLY want!!! :hot:

*deep breaths* whew, calm down Cless it's ok. Take this evil Namco and Square!!!

NAMCO :shoot: :shoot: :shoot:

SQUARE :shoot: :shoot: :shoot:

Appless
01-11-2005, 12:30 PM
Same as Australia. Luckily I modded my PS1 and got Xenogears and Chron Cross and FF Tactics. Don't want ot risk my precious PS2 though. At least not until I have a PS3.

Cless
01-11-2005, 12:45 PM
and got Xenogears and Chron Cross and FF Tactics :grumble: Lucky Bugger!!!

Appless
01-11-2005, 01:08 PM
You could try it as well. Just buy a cheap pre-modded PS1 and import them. You can find them somewhere on the net. The games might cost a bit though. Unfortunately I won't be abe to play Xenosaga anytime soon since I don't want to mod my PS2 until the PS3 comes out. I only modded my PS1 once I had a PS2 'cos I knew that if I screwed up my PS1 I'd still be able to play the games on my PS2. Then I imported all the NTSC only games that I wanted :D

It sucks though how mean Sony is for not making there consoles all regions. I just hope the PS3 is Pal and NTSC compatible.

Cless
01-11-2005, 01:26 PM
Pretty smart the way you wait until a new playstation gets released before you get your previous one modded! But really, with the amount of absolute, samey drivel coming out over here; you'd think gems like those would be released. But if everyone wants to play games that make them feel "mature and cool" (Driver3, True Crime, Getaway) with their "pumping" hip-hop soundtracks and GTA cloned mission systems. That's their choice. I just wish us PAL gamers would also get to play the games that we like.

It would be great if the PS3 is multi-region! :love:

Appless
01-11-2005, 01:38 PM
Us PAL gamers have always been neglected by games companies. I'm not sure why this is 'cos I'm pretty sure we have more people than NTSC places. The only thing I can think of is the extra work of having to translate it into the extra languages like French and German. But these games that are held in such high regard by most RPG gamers have no excuse to not be released in our format as there are surely many PAL gamers who are desperate to play these games. It would just mean more money for the companies.

Sometimes the way companies think make no sense to me. :(

Sepho
01-11-2005, 11:19 PM
(as xenogears was a complete story while xenosaga is only part of a story)

Actually, Xenogears is part of the Xenosaga storyline - it's Episode V.
Additionally, the Xenogears staff at Namco regard Xenogears as an incomplete game. They claim to have been forced to release the game with a lot of the planned features missing while they were working with Square. I'm very, very interested to see how they will remake one of the most highly regarded RPGs of all time, when that time comes a few years down the road (if it's possible to do without changing an unbelievable amount of changing of terms. I believe Square may still own the rights to Xenogears, although I don't know exactly what they own, and I haven't checked up on it in a while).

I'm really looking forward to Episode II as well. I think I may also be more interested in Episode II than FFXII.

Necronopticous
01-11-2005, 11:41 PM
Actually, Xenogears is part of the Xenosaga storyline - it's Episode V.
This is inaccurate.

Lord Chainsaw
01-12-2005, 12:07 AM
I think I'll sit this one out.

I didn't like the way the game carried itself. It was literally 75% movie, and %25 game. Sure, I could, you know, SKIP the scenes of I wanted, but if you're playing through the game for the very first time...you don't want to miss the story. But the story just drags on with 25-minute cutscenes.

That was my favorite part of Xenosaga. Without the incredible cutscenes and story, the game is just another bland RPG. I'm actually very disappointed that they're cutting the number of cutscenes down in Episode II to provide more gameplay which I thought was unbalanced and horrid. Maybe if they tweaked the system a bit I'd like the battles a bit better. They still don't compare to the awesome cinematic experience of the game, which was the main shining point of Xenosaga Episode I.

Sepho
01-12-2005, 12:35 AM
This is inaccurate.

You're right.

Xenogears fits into the Xenosaga timeline where Episode V will take place, and the Episode V that will be developed by Monolith will likely not resemble Xenogears so much, and will be treated as an entirely different entity rather than a "Xenogears remake".

I just wanted to point out that Xenogears was hardly a "complete" game.

And I'm still looking forward to Episode V for comparison's sake.

Ichimonji
01-12-2005, 12:52 AM
Yeah, I'm definitely going to pick Episode II up. I bet it's going to be pretty good. Although since Episode I is only the first instalment in the Xenosaga series, they throw a ton of plot points in your face. Don't get me wrong, it's an incredibly epic and awesome RPG, but after a few months I forget many of the necessities in the story... So I have to start over again. I've probably started that game over like three times already, and although I know the basic plot of it, I forget the little things of the game. Hopefully there's a plot analysis somewhere out there that I can read the day before the Ep. II comes out.

But yeah, I'm going to get Episode II.

RedCydranth
01-13-2005, 08:51 AM
Well folks I played Xenosaga a lot, but never beat it so i don't quite know much about it. Also i never played Xenogears. However when II comes out I'll pick it up so that when the Xenobug hits me and I do complete 1, I can jump right into II.

Hiroshino
01-14-2005, 10:52 PM
That will be roughly 12 years from now.

And like I said, I will wait and then decide if I want to try them all. I might end up trying them all if I'm able to get them. But only after they all come out.

Agent Proto
01-19-2005, 08:09 PM
I'm not planning to get Xenosaga Episode 2. I didn't like Xenosaga Episode 1 very much. The main character was annoying, and her sympathetic behavior bothers me while watching the FMVs. I got the game as a gift, so I didn't spent my money on the game. If I get Xenosaga ep.2 as a gift, I might as well sell it.

RedCydranth
01-24-2005, 04:32 AM
After posting here several days ago, I decided to play Xenosaga. So far its awesome! I am inside the huge Gnosis ship that swallowed that planet. The enemies here are great experience with the slot bonuses.

I have a question, there's an item called Hemlock that says "Ally HP=1"

If I use that will it almost kill my teammate? What use does this have?

Behold the Void
01-24-2005, 04:43 AM
Actually, as I understand it, Xenogears is the fifth episode of the Fei Fong Wong story arc which they don't explore a whole lot. I believe Episode 1 is Deus crashing on the planet, Kim is the third episode, Lacan/Grahf the fourth, and Fei the fifth. I can't quite remember, I'll have to look into that again.

theundeadhero
01-29-2005, 06:04 PM
Okay heres the deal, everyone at EOFF is going to throw in like 50 cents and buy this game for me, and then send it to me in Iraq.

/hoping

GhandiOwnsYou
01-29-2005, 06:10 PM
Alrighty, lets clear this up nice n tight. They already made mention of this little misunderstanding in a GMR interview (RIP GMR magazine, i'll miss you... *add flowers to GMR's burial ground*)

While working for Square, The Xenogears team worked up a whole massive storyline that was meant to fit into 7 parts, Xenogears being the fifth. Supposedly square wanted a test of the story and gaming ideas, so the initial game was to be done on the part that stood on it's own the best. Xenogears was what they figured would stand on it's own. so they did the test, sales weren't really up to par, there were some budget issues also if i remember right, Xeno went a bit too long, and there was also the infamous religious argument that nearly kept it from being released stateside. due to this, The Xeno line was discontinued by square. as we all know, Monolith went out as it's own company, hooked up with Acclaim.
N
ow, Square still had rights to the Xenogears story line, and to avoid potential complications, along with the fact that the team had new ideas in which they wanted to story to branch, they RE-WROTE THE ENTIRE THING. Xenogears has similar icons (The Zohar Modifier, etc.) but does not fit into the XenoSaga plot line AT ALL. Episode V of Xenosaga will be entirely different from Xenogears V. Totally different storyline. Essentially, what you're doing is taking a wookie and the Millenium Falcon and having them ride along the Enterprise on Star Trek for a few seasons. Yeah, Chewie and the Falcon are gonna make a whole bunch of people confused and call it a crossover or continuation, but it's not Star Wars, it's star trek, and it's not going to have much of a similarity at all.

Tanwen Strife
01-29-2005, 07:19 PM
Umm... I'm a little knew to the whole xeno genre, but it looks damn funky. Where's the best place to start, ie. which one should I (could I) get first. I'm trying to find an English PAL version and am having no joy. help would be muchly appreciaed

Appless
01-30-2005, 02:11 PM
You won't find a PAL copy. It's an NTSC only game. It sucks living in PAL countries sometimes :(

RedCydranth
01-30-2005, 04:24 PM
I don't know what versions are available where, but if you can get a hold of one that you can use I'd Start with Xenosaga Ep. I. You can play Xenogears, but that is around Episode V. Playing Xenogears wont harm anything and its a phenominal game so i suggest you play it, but try not to think of Ep. I when playing because it might mess things up a bit.

edczxcvbnm
01-30-2005, 04:26 PM
Xenogears was indevelpment for about 10 or so years and the was no relgious controversy. That was part of the hype and it was a rumor with no credibilty.

As for what use the helmlock item has: There is an accessory that makes you awesomely strong the lower your HP. If HP=1 then you are ungodly strong.

Ryth
01-30-2005, 05:29 PM
I still need to buy ep.1 but I rented it and it was pretty good. So when I buy and beat Xeno 1 yes I will get ep. 2.

Luc
01-30-2005, 11:04 PM
I will get it the day it comes out. Can't wait.

Yeah, same here. I just hope I have the money. ;)

Destai
01-30-2005, 11:56 PM
Id be so thrilled to play this game but poor medieval Europe wont see its release or the release of any Xeno's. Pray for me :crying2:

Necronopticous
02-02-2005, 04:12 AM
I preordered Xenosaga Episode 2 earlier today after work and got a free DVD with 4 hours of Episode 1 game cinematics and an AWESOME trailer for Episode 2. I can't wait for February 16, I'll be playing all night!

Behold the Void
02-02-2005, 06:26 AM
Actually, as I recall hearing, Xenosaga II will show the release of the ship Merkabah which carries Deus and will eventually land upon the planet in which Xenogears takes place.

Necronopticous
02-02-2005, 08:14 AM
Damnit... Well, I just finished watching the DVD, it contains every cutscene and FMV in the first game in English or Japanese with subtitles. I got to watch it in Japanese with subtitles which was nice but unfortunately it was still edited. I was hoping this DVD would be the unedited Albedo footage...

edczxcvbnm
02-02-2005, 12:23 PM
Nope. When that bonus DVD was released in Japan they got that footage also because that was the version the liked better...or something like that.

Strider
02-02-2005, 02:05 PM
I'll probably get it, but I'll have to play the first one first.

Necronopticous
02-02-2005, 04:35 PM
Nope. When that bonus DVD was released in Japan they got that footage also because that was the version the liked better...or something like that.That's odd, I personally enjoy seeing Albedo rip his appendages off without the camera jerking away. And I definately like seeing him dig through MOMO's stomach rather than assulting here with pink energy... Censoring them made the same less of an impact, although it was still a very effective scene.

edczxcvbnm
02-02-2005, 05:17 PM
I liked that they showed him rip his head of with brute strength rather than using a knife. Thats more bad ass. As for the momo thing. Data is usually stored in the brain and not the stomach and since she is suppose to be a robot that resembles a human, it would only make sense that the data is in here head and not the stomach.

I always liked the edited version better because I always felt it made more sense and was more badass with the head getting ripped off.