PDA

View Full Version : school dances

YunaGirl05
01-02-2005, 08:06 PM
School Dances. Bad or Good? take you pick .

Faris
01-02-2005, 08:12 PM
I don't like school dances.
I never have fun, and/or someone makes me feel bad :cry:
I havn't been to any of my High school dances yet though....

Dking'squeen
01-02-2005, 08:18 PM
I don't like them
Well, at my school i don;t like them
No one dances
Two people dance
One person dances and then no one again
THen it's all eyes on you when you do it
I had one last year
It sucked
I would like them if everyone would just DANCE!

Jebus
01-02-2005, 08:21 PM
I haven't gone to one since 6th grade. I even skipped the prom.

boris no no
01-02-2005, 08:21 PM
never had one...
we've got a ball at uni l;ater on this year! girls aloud came last year!
hope we have someone good!

muchacho
01-02-2005, 08:46 PM
i dont like dances just because i cant dance. if i could dance, then i would like them, but i cant......

Craig
01-02-2005, 08:48 PM
Don't like em.

Rye
01-02-2005, 09:54 PM
Never been to one, but I probably wouldn't like them.

theundeadhero
01-02-2005, 10:04 PM
The only dance I went to when I was in school was my senior Prom. It was pretty boring. The next year a girl I really liked took me to a dance and things went badly. Dances suck.

krissy
01-02-2005, 10:10 PM
they're fun if you go and you're single

boko9955
01-02-2005, 10:14 PM
i think thay are ok but i cant dance

Psychotic
01-02-2005, 10:14 PM
Ugh, a horrible formal dancing situation (and not even any alcohol to liven them up). I informed anyone who asked me if I was going to the Leaver's Dance at school that I would rather smash my head against a wall than go, including the teachers. I hate dancing and dressing up and probably the music they'd play, so yeah.

Cecilia
01-02-2005, 10:22 PM
Never been to one.. and I wont ever go to one.. Because I probably wouldn't like it anyway..

SomethingBig
01-02-2005, 10:27 PM
I even skipped the prom.
I plan on skipping my upcoming junior prom and also my senior prom.

I learned the hard way that dances are supposed to be for popular people and popular people only. I used to go to dances just to dance with this popular girl and each time we danced, I felt like she was doing it outta pity. Those moments were decent, at best. Otherwise, the dances were awful. I remember going to my freshman dance just to get extra credit in a bunch of my classes, because the high school dances were so awful that the teachers had to bribe the students into going, and I had a miserable time. So, in short, dances r teh sux0rs.

Demon eye
01-02-2005, 10:35 PM
I went to one the girl I went with was crazy 'cause she had tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much coke and pizza....... :rolleyes2 that was the back to school dance this bigining of the year....it sucked......but in the end me and her went to this room and just kissed for the last 1hr.....oh sweet mama :tongue: .........then before we left to get picked up we just got high on cough mediceine and had tooooooooooo much coke :D

oh yeah im in 7th grade :D

01-02-2005, 10:46 PM
i would go if they were free cause dances have free food. but i wouldnt pay a single penny to go to a dance.

Logan
01-02-2005, 10:47 PM
Our school dances suck. The music sucks and the only dancing that goes on is dirty dirty grinding.

Chaos
01-02-2005, 11:03 PM
Hate them.
Went to one in about Year 7, got disollusioned and never went to another one.
Discos were all the rage in the younger years. I never liked them. Even the ones at Primary School I didnt like. All I used to do was run around and skid on the floor with my brother and his friends.
Dancing, pah, thats for girls.

*_*

Chaos

escobert
01-02-2005, 11:05 PM
I was always messed up somehow be it stoned or drunk so I had a blast at them all. Never had too many in school. They always gave me an excuse to hit on girls and get out of the house for the night.

boris no no
01-02-2005, 11:09 PM
Hate them.
Went to one in about Year 7, got disollusioned and never went to another one.
Discos were all the rage in the younger years. I never liked them. Even the ones at Primary School I didnt like. All I used to do was run around and skid on the floor with my brother and his friends.
Dancing, pah, thats for girls.

*_*

Chaos
i remember school discos...we danced to ace of bace every week
and that no liit song
"no no no no no no no no no no no no theres no limit
no no limit you reach for the sky no matter how deep no matter too high
no no limit blah bal blah blah blah
you do what you want and you do it with style" :sing:
it's sad that i remember the words...i was only 8ish...can't even remember year...
rocking out at heage primary

woooo

Crazy the Clown
01-02-2005, 11:09 PM
I was too loserific to go to one. I even missed my prom, because I refused to go stag. Every girl I asked gave me one of these responses.

-You should've asked earlier. (Roughly 40 girls said this one.)
-You're a nice man, but no. (13 girls said this one.)
-With you? :lol: (6 girls thought I was only playin'.)
-I'd love to, but my boyfriend's captain of the football team, and insanely jealous. (I knew to stay away from her.)
-Not on your life. (3 girls and a hot teacher said this. This teacher was the kind that Van Halen, not Van Hagar, did a song about.)
-F--- off, freak! (11 girls said this one.)
-I can't. Sorry. (4 girls said this.)

boris no no
01-02-2005, 11:44 PM
i would of gone with you!!! :love:

Dking'squeen
01-02-2005, 11:48 PM
i would have gone with you too!

Crazy the Clown
01-02-2005, 11:53 PM
i would of gone with you!!! :love:
Back then, I'd have been too old for you. I graduated in 1996. But I do appreciate the sentiment. Thanks. :)

boris no no
01-02-2005, 11:59 PM
Back then, I'd have been too old for you. I graduated in 1996. But I do appreciate the sentiment. Thanks. :)
:( ney mind!!
if you ever want to go to a dance with me now i'll go!!!!
:love:

theundeadhero
01-03-2005, 12:04 AM
I was always messed up somehow be it stoned or drunk so I had a blast at them all.Didn't help at both of mine :(

fire_of_avalon
01-03-2005, 01:05 AM
Mine were hot, that's because I don't give a crap what people think and gyrate to the music like an epileptic.

Pure Strife
01-03-2005, 01:15 AM
Never had one. I believe we may be having a prom this year for the final year (my year). Several people have informed me they plan on getting stoned an hour before then raiding the buffet table. If nothing else, that should be fun to watch.

Denmark
01-03-2005, 01:45 AM
I was too loserific to go to one. I even missed my prom, because I refused to go stag. Every girl I asked gave me one of these responses.

-You should've asked earlier. (Roughly 40 girls said this one.)
-You're a nice man, but no. (13 girls said this one.)
-With you? :lol: (6 girls thought I was only playin'.)
-I'd love to, but my boyfriend's captain of the football team, and insanely jealous. (I knew to stay away from her.)
-Not on your life. (3 girls and a hot teacher said this. This teacher was the kind that Van Halen, not Van Hagar, did a song about.)
-F--- off, freak! (11 girls said this one.)
-I can't. Sorry. (4 girls said this.)

more than one thing:
you actually counted? xD
you remember the numbers to this day? o_O
<3 Van Halen. :D

anyway. my school is so small that a lot of the kids go to the dances (myself included), most likely because they have nothing better to do. that's why I go. because otherwise I'd spend most of those 3 hours on that Friday (or occasionally Saturday) night online talking to you crazy folks. ;D

*~Nirvana~*
01-03-2005, 02:01 AM
I've been to a few and boy, are they boringThe only thing you can actually do there is dance, dance and dance (I hate dancing) and because the music is so horrendously LOUD, you can't talk to anyone or do anything associated with sound and communication. To sum it up, school dances are a waste of time.

theundeadhero
01-03-2005, 02:12 AM
I forgot about one! I've been to three. Before my senior year started I promised my girly Cher I would go to the first dance of the year in a dress. She held me to it. I showed up in a dress and had a little bit of fun.

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
01-03-2005, 02:59 AM
I like 'em

We break the tension by making fool of ourself hehehehe! :D

Our school dances are never dead especially during formals hehehe! :D

Dking'squeen
01-03-2005, 03:06 AM
I like 'em

We break the tension by making fool of ourself hehehehe! :D

Our school dances are never dead especially during formals hehehe! :D

ours is esspecially dull during formals because those chicks in my school wear those tight dresses and can't dance, which makes the whole idea of formal DANCE nothing
Yeah, dances usually do, but i think it depends on where the dance is or who;s there

Agent Proto
01-03-2005, 03:08 AM
Never been to one. =D

DMKA
01-03-2005, 03:11 AM
Never been to one. =D
SI! VIVA LA VIDA LOSAR!!!!1

Yeah same here. :D

kikimm
01-03-2005, 03:36 AM
Back in the day (8th grade) I would have said I loved them. But now I've ralized how lame the whole concept is, and really---they're not fun. Most of the stuff that I've seen at dances, school ones, I'd rather do in the privacy of my own home.

Besides, the music they play isn't easy on my ears, and most of the guys just stand there. Blah.

:D

theundeadhero
01-03-2005, 03:55 AM
MY GOD! I just remembered a 4th. It was at the beginning of 10th grade when I went lived with my Mom for a month and went to that school. I try to repress every memory of that horrible horrible place.

DMKA
01-03-2005, 04:46 AM
Do proms count? If so than I lied.

Kirobaito
01-03-2005, 05:06 AM
As you all know I can't stand bad music. Well, dances are full of loud, bad music that I cannot stand. I can't last one minute with the stuff, so there's no way I'll last 3-4 hours.

And plus I can't get a date. :D

Mindflare
01-03-2005, 05:16 AM
Dances are entirely what you make of them.

To me, they were another chance to have fun. The only thing I didn't like about them was the formality of them and the elaborate lengths some people would go to to get ready and "look good" for some of them. Especially for Prom. They always just ended up looking like fools.

UltimateSpamGrover
01-03-2005, 05:41 AM
Have I ever been to any kind of dance?
No.

Will I ever go to a dance/prom?
No.

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
01-03-2005, 12:04 PM
ours is esspecially dull during formals because those chicks in my school wear those tight dresses and can't dance, which makes the whole idea of formal DANCE nothing
Yeah, dances usually do, but i think it depends on where the dance is or who;s there

The over spuerficial count of girls in our school was minimal so even though some had "tight" dresses they were dancing anyways

besides the legal drinking age here is 18 so most people were tipsy few were drunk but we did have a good time!

SadisticStreetSoldie
01-03-2005, 10:39 PM
When I was in primary school there were discos nearly every three months. The last school disco I went to was in Year 6 and it was so much fun. Even all the boys were dancing. I was dancing all night with my 'mates' (we didn't like each other even back then) and we all had fun but when it came to the slow dancing all the 'populars' danced with the boys but I don't care the boys were a bunch of ugly pricks who have absolutely no chance in hell of boning a girl with half a brain :D. I'm in Year 11 now and go to a convent and we're having a prom but I broke up with my boyfriend so I may end up going single with my mates even though there won't be any single boys there :mad: meh. This thread has not put me off it one bit but I just hope that everyone has the guts to get up and dance including me.

Deacan
01-04-2005, 04:33 AM
My school dances used to consist of drinking cheap white cyder, getting pissed as fast as you could, then having a competition on who can snog the most girls.

Mwahaha, good times.

DeBlayde
01-04-2005, 04:43 AM
I've only ever been to two dances in my life. both were proms.

I really enjoy dancing. It's very unfortunate, therefore, that I'm not very good at it. I've all the rhythm in the world, but absolutely no moves whatsoever to do anything with it. I'm very coordinated too. just can't get the dancing thing. not too agile I guess.

Sephex
01-04-2005, 04:52 AM
I never went to one. I thought they were a waste of my time and my money. Let me list the reasons why I didn't go.

1) I am not paying to go to school on a week night.
2) I am not paying to hang out in the school cafeteria (most dances)
3) I am not paying to go to some overexpensive place in Chicago (where both of my proms were held)
4) I am not paying to hang around with people that I did not care for at all.
5) School dances, and especially everything and anything to do with High School, is supremely overratted.

nik0tine
01-04-2005, 05:18 AM
I went to a few when I was in 8th grade. However, I don't go to any of my highschool dances,
And plus I can't get a date. And that's why.

Mr. Graves
01-04-2005, 05:28 AM
Good, most definitely. It's what made my junior year of high school so grand. The lack of them is what made my senior year suck so hard.

It's chance to boogie down, make friends, and do something with your high school compadres. Unless you get a bunch of freakdancers. That's just wrong.

Resha
01-04-2005, 11:38 AM
Yeah, I guess they're ok. I go to the Valentine's dance every year...but I DON'T go to prom. For PROM you have to wear DRESSES, and dresses I cannot/will not/should not do.

Plus the slow dance thing would kind of suck.

Discos (like the V-day dance) are ok, I can actually dance if I ever start dancing. Sometimes it takes me just an hour to start lol, and there's only one dance move I can actually do; bending my knees to the rhythm. :love:

Leene
01-04-2005, 07:47 PM
yea i like school dances but i hate when in the beggining nobody dances and they are all embarassed.
i guess it starts to get exciting after a while.
i really enjoy them every year. :D

Armisael
01-04-2005, 09:41 PM
Never been to one. =D

m4tt
01-04-2005, 09:50 PM
Never went to any. I can't dance, and I am antisocial.

Raukodae
01-05-2005, 03:38 AM
Dance? o_O Did someone say dance? So maybe the concept is a little stupid - and so what if you're not the most popular guy there - I found a solution. Learn to breakdance - or at least barely breakdance. This is what has kept dances fun for me. I may have even IMPRESSED someone at one point or another. I also remember a great dance in 7th grade (wow, 4 years ago) when a teacher DJed and I slipped them a FF cd so we danced to the chocobo theme! Great great fun. And I am proud to announce I will be going to prom next year...
if and when i find someone to with.

Shlup
01-05-2005, 05:46 AM
The dances in junior high were fun, but in high school we were old enough to not have to stay at school to be able to see each other. Its easier just to drive to a friends house.

I did go to senior prom though. It was my first date with my darling, who I've been with for almost four years now. :love:

Peegee
01-05-2005, 07:29 AM
Anyway, school dances usually raise money for some sort of student-run event, right? So usually it's filled with people who otherwise do not have the means to party, either due to parents or because they are 'goody goody' (you know, not heroin smoking crack addicts like the other kids)*.

*sarcasm. duh

I haven't been to a school dance in my life, but I did take a friend to her high school prom. I also went with a bunch of my schoolmates to Jamaica and went to a couple of dance clubs...basically all I have to say is that it's not that much different than nowadays except without the implication of sex.

Fate Fatale
01-05-2005, 08:59 PM
This is first year we have dances. 7th grade. Always will be here! Anyways, I've gone to a few dances. The First wasn't bad. I danced with a girl I liked. The second was horrible. This girl that liked me*, asked me to dance so I did. Then she go the wrong idea. She kept asking me to go out with her. So annoying. I told her no, and she just sat down and cried.. Felt sorry for her, but thats life.

*Something I did not know

Next time I go to a dance, I need a date... Any girls here go to Pendleton Heights Middle School?

VampireCrono
01-07-2005, 07:59 PM
I've gone to plenty. They're awesome :D! All the guys like it, so do the girls. SOmetimes the DJs are pretty bad, but it dosen't matter. The dances are better if you consume alchohol. :D

Linus
01-07-2005, 08:00 PM
I found out that one of my friends was gay at a school dance. My teacher asked if he always held guys' hands and I was like all omgwtf.

Weird.

Also, prom is a waste of money for girls and a waste of time and money for guys.

SadisticStreetSoldie
01-07-2005, 10:13 PM
I'm just wondering...this question is to everyone. At your school dances, were there certain songs in which most people (especialy the boys) would do something strange to? For example, at my school dances, whenever the DJ plays "Sex On The Beach" by T-Spoon, all the boys (15 and 16 years old! 8-I) get down on the floor and *ahem*...hump it. Anything similar to that?

VampireCrono
01-07-2005, 10:23 PM
They lay down on the floor and start humping? I've never heard of that, and I've been to quite a few dances.

black orb
01-08-2005, 12:55 AM
>>> Anything thats school related cant be good..

escobert
01-08-2005, 01:02 AM
They lay down on the floor and start humping? I've never heard of that, and I've been to quite a few dances.

Dr.K
01-08-2005, 01:14 AM
>>> Anything thats school related cant be good..

If it seems like it'll be good in theory, the 's' word will always do it's best to tarnish the occasion somehow. Well....for my school anyway.

Blackmageboi
01-10-2005, 10:01 PM
i dont like dances just because i cant dance. if i could dance, then i would like them, but i cant......

Same here

Fuzakeru
01-10-2005, 10:11 PM
Dances are entirely what you make of them.

Seriously. I usually don't have fun at most dances without me interfering with them. Bwuahah. Like, I enjoy rap and all. Good beat, nice to move to . . . but it gets old after a while.

Solution?!

Beastie Boys - Intergalactic! Zoot Suit Riot! Jump Jive and Wail!

These three songs, my friends, I have requested at every dance I have ever been to. Why? Because they are the most awesome songs to have blaring and even better to dance to.
To start an actual mosh pit to Intergalactic with my friends in the middle of the prep circle ( not jumping up and down . . . an actual mosh pit ) at my Junior Prom is my favorite memory during my High School Years. ^_^ Bwuahah. :<3:

I have only slow danced 3 times my whole life though. Once with a guy who only danced with me so he could kiss my friend ( she told him to do it or she wouldn't kiss him ). ;_; Second was with this guy who only danced with me out of pity and because he wanted to look good in front of my other friend. >_<
However, my third slow dance was with Myles at his cousin's wedding reception. My goodness was that ever nothing less than extremely sexy and romantic. -swoon- . . . k. Rambling. Bai.

Levian
01-10-2005, 10:23 PM
I've been to the last 4 proms. I'm not going this year though. Not sure why, it probably would've been fun. I guess I just don't like dressing up. :p The only thing that really sucked about 3 of the proms was that we didn't get to choose dates ourselves. They had a raffle. -_-