PDA

View Full Version : Publicity Spammers

Necronopticous
01-02-2005, 09:20 PM
Hey there, I pm you now cause I'd ask u a favour, I created my site called http://www.lifeofmidgar.net, we're making some new stuff on there, and we need some members to make it reborn, well it'd be cool if you could join us please, it'd really nice from you, thank you very much for took the time to read it.

ps: I'm french that's why my english is weird, and happy new year! (in late) ^_^
I'm sick of getting these so I'm going to post who is sending them here when I do, you should all do the same.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
01-02-2005, 09:25 PM
Hey, he can't help it if he's French, man.

-N-
01-02-2005, 09:58 PM
Are you constantly being troubled by publicity spammers on your message boards? Are they continually starting threads and private messaging members of the boards about their sites? Do they continually ignore the warnings your administration gives them?

If your answer to any of the above questions is YES!, then our <a href="about:blank">Deep Freeze(TM)</a> service is just for you! Deep Freeze(TM) uses patented search and destroy artificial intelligence (AI) algorithms to find personal information about the publicity spammers to eliminate the problem at its root - the person itself!

Deep Freeze(TM) instantly notifies local and international authorities about your spammer's illegal doings and uses its Echelon IV interface to micromanage a small CIA field unit to eliminate and destroy offending targets!

Similar technology can cost you thousands, even millions of dollars! But Deep Freeze(TM) can be yours for just four easy payments of $19.99 (plus $4.99 s/h)!

But hurry! Call the number below now and you'll receive a FREE Deep Freeze(TM) keychain! Just point the keychain at anyone who's pissing you off and the keychain will instantly freeze-and-shatter them! It works on bosses, spouses, and even your neighbor's annoying pets! Call now to receive a package worth millions of dollars for just four easy payments of $19.99 (plus $4.99 s/h)! Don't wait! Call now!

1-800-DFREEZE
(c)2004 IdeaCreations

Yamaneko
01-02-2005, 10:43 PM
Does it really bother you that much? I treat it like any other spam I get, into the trash. No point in going on a witch hunt.

Del Murder
01-02-2005, 11:02 PM
Actually a witch hunt sounds like fun, but we'll wait for February. That's always a dull month.

Yamaneko
01-02-2005, 11:14 PM
Yup, it's Nicky's b-day. :)

Loony BoB
01-02-2005, 11:50 PM
If anyone gets those, I'd suggest they PM a staffer - we can keep tabs on these people and if a few people complain, we can punish 'em as we see fit. Get a few of them each year, I'd guess...

theundeadhero
01-02-2005, 11:57 PM
Sign me up for the Deepfreeze, baby!

Psychotic
01-03-2005, 03:37 AM
Also if you have your AIM/MSN/Y!M name in your profile they come for you there too!

Of course, the idea is that when they give you a link to their forum, you get a group of friends and register at the forums with names like "Loony BoB" and "Dr Unne" and then spam the place to high hell by making many many threads about cheese and male sexual organs. Hey, they wanted activity, so they got it!

(this is where the letter B from "BAoTW" comes in) :cool:

Spatvark
01-03-2005, 03:40 AM
well, you could set it so that you can't use free email hosts to sign up to EoFF, like Yahoo or Hotmail. In other words, only allow ISP granted emails to sign up to teh forums so these people are blocked.

Of course, this might mean half of the forum's population might get banned, but mweh, that also means EoFF might not suck quite so much XD

Loony BoB
01-03-2005, 04:08 AM
well, you could set it so that you can't use free email hosts to sign up to EoFF, like Yahoo or Hotmail. In other words, only allow ISP granted emails to sign up to teh forums so these people are blocked.

Of course, this might mean half of the forum's population might get banned, but mweh, that also means EoFF might not suck quite so much XD
Hell no. :p I'd be banned for one, and that would ruin the pleasure I get out of seeing "I couldn't register at FFO with my free email account, so I registered at EoFF instead."

These people are easily removed. Banned the guy that was mentioned in the first post already.

Samuraid
01-03-2005, 07:47 AM
Deepfreeze is actually a real program...a very annoying one at that.

http://www.faronics.com/html/product.asp

The community college (I used to attend) had it on all the computers and it made life horrible and extremely slow.

Doomgaze
01-03-2005, 08:04 AM
I considered Deep Freeze carte blanche to do whatever the hell I wanted to said computer, since it wouldn't matter after reboot, eh? ;D

-N-
01-04-2005, 03:41 AM
Deepfreeze is actually a real program...a very annoying one at that.

http://www.faronics.com/html/product.asp

The community college (I used to attend) had it on all the computers and it made life horrible and extremely slow.
DAMMIT MY TRADEMARK!
I only called it that because I couldn't think of any other catchy name to use at the time. >_<

Meat Puppet
01-04-2005, 08:12 AM
They add me to msn and keep telling me to join their [usually crappy] FF based forum; after advertising it in General Chat didn't work.