PDA

View Full Version : FFVIII: Fithos Lusec Wecos Vinosec

-N-
01-02-2005, 09:41 PM
Opinions on this album? It's my favorite of all the FF orchestrated albums and I am continually astonished at the improved instrumentation in Blue Fields and how it really changes the feel of a song. I think it's also my fifth favorite album ever. So obviously, I like it. Do you?

rubah
01-02-2005, 09:47 PM
I've liked what I've heard of it. Especially the rendition of Fithos Lusec Wecos Vinosec:) the beginning is much more haunting now:D

While Blue Fields is slightly more bearable now, it doesn't make up for the countless hours having to listen to it-_-

I really liked the beginning of F-H, then they dropped the little chorus 'oohs' and it wasn't quite as cool.

Man with the Machine Gun just sounds awesome. I love the trumpet line, and the opening bit is SO 1960s tv show:D (I'm thinking like I dream of Jeanie and Bewitched, for some reason)

and yeah, Fragments of Memory, and The Oath

very good album. Makes me want to give it to my band director and say 'here's your concert material for the next two concerts. I get all the solos.'

crono_logical
01-03-2005, 01:18 PM
The style of this album made me think of Hollywood for some reason :p

-N-
01-04-2005, 04:24 AM
If you're talking about Hollywood 40-50 years ago, I'd agree. "Dance with the Balamb Fish" feels like it should be in 2001: A Space Odyssey or something. "Blue Fields" sounds like the introduction song they used to play when they rolled all the credits at the beginning and just had the camera sit on one screen for EVER. The orchestration is pretty Western too, and it's given a very grandiose touch, so I can imagine that being related to old Hollywood.

Yuffie514
01-06-2005, 10:09 PM
i never got a translation of Fithos Lusec Wecos Vinosec. can someone tell me what it means?

rubah
01-07-2005, 01:10 AM
It doesn't.

It's an anagram for Succession of Witches: Love

the rest of liberi fatali is in latin though:) less than three dead languages^_^

Kawaii Ryűkishi
01-07-2005, 01:17 AM
It's an anagram of "Succession of Witches" with the letters "L," "O," "V," and "E" thrown in.

As for the album itself, it's very well done, and it was certainly nice to see an arranged album this expanise after Final Fantasy VII Reunion Tracks offered only three arranged tracks.

Yuffie514
01-08-2005, 01:44 AM
"Succession of Witches" kinda creeps me out.

Shoden
01-22-2005, 09:09 PM
FF8 definatly has the best music out of the whole series only 6 seconds that then id say 7

kikimm
01-27-2005, 04:26 AM
FFVIII has my favrite music, of the Final Fantasy series. Maybe because it's so nostalgic for me, but it IS beautiful. Uematsu did a great job. This cd has really good songs, though---buckets of enjoyability. Although I agree ith rubah about Blue Fields...

:D

Yuffie514
01-29-2005, 01:21 AM
FF8 does have great music :up: , perhaps the best :fpaccom: . i don't have to remember what my favorites sound like 'cuz i got most of the midis :fpenerg: .

Trumpet Thief
01-31-2005, 06:42 PM
chaos: I'd agree, that one track was splendid. For one, it really sets the mood; playing it at the beginning of an FF game was a wise decision. :D

Rubedo: Yes, FFVIII does have great music, but then again, I feel the same way about every other FF.

rubicant
02-09-2005, 08:43 PM
Wake from your sleep - Excitate vos e somno
My children, your childhood years are gone - Liberi mei cunae sut non
Wake from your sleep -Excitate vos e somno
Fated children, your rest if gone - Liberi fatali somnus est non
Arise! - Surgite!
Search! - Invenite!
Go the the true garden - Veni hortum veritatis
The garden of spring's truth - Horti verna veritatis

With fiery truth burn the evils of this world - Ardente veritate urite mala mundi
With fiery truth light the darkness of the world - Ardente veritate incendite tenebras mundi
Farewell children - Valete, liberi
The day has died. - Diebus fatalibus

Taken from: http://www.ffsymphony.net/lyrics/liberi.htm

Chibi Youkai
02-18-2005, 03:19 AM
I just have S-gen, but from all the FF's, I'd have to say VIII has one of the best tracks. It was definantly the most smooth of them all.

aaronbrincefield
02-22-2005, 09:41 PM
does anyone have any MIDI attachments of the game music ?

Chibi Youkai
02-23-2005, 03:18 AM
Don't know about MIDI, but the site has tons of downloads for most, if not all of the games.

WPspira
03-01-2005, 02:38 PM
Hi Im new here and an expert on all FFs. 1000 words is the best song ever!

Chibi Youkai
03-01-2005, 11:55 PM
Is that an opinion, or is there some reason to back that up?