PDA

View Full Version : shadow hearts 2

Dragoon Kain
01-03-2005, 05:12 AM
i just got this game today and i am not far at all, but so far it looks to be an amazing game. i love the introduction, although it is a bit long. i havent played the first one so i dont know if it is similar but wow i really recommend this game. if you see it i say BUY IT! :)

Shadowdust
01-03-2005, 05:34 AM
I really liked this game. Even if you don't play the first one, you can still play this one and figure out what happened in the previous game. The magic system was pretty fun too. Not to mention the fusion system as always.

Dragoon Kain
01-03-2005, 07:19 AM
yea i just got the first fusions. thats awesome. i really like the battle system. kinda of like legend of dragoons in a way. which i also enjoyed. and yea i pretty much figured out what happened in the first one BUT I STILL WANT IT! i must find it.

edit: oh and i was hooked on it when it first started and it keeps getting better. please tell me it wont start declining and start getting boring.

Shadowdust
01-03-2005, 09:55 PM
It doesn't get boring. If anything, it gets better. Not to mention funnier. The characters are a lot odder in this game than they were in the first one.

You can find copies of the first one for $15-20 on eBay. And those are the Buy It Now prices. It's definitely worth playing. And the battle system isn't much different except that you don't get Crest magic and the SP cost of Fusion is different.

Dragoon Kain
01-03-2005, 11:41 PM
wow awesome. yea ive noticed this is a really funny game. yuri is an awesome character. i'm going to have to get the first one, and im so glad it doesnt get boring. im at the part where i have to go find the bandit. this is great!

Appless
01-04-2005, 02:43 AM
Does anyone know when it comes out in Europe and Australia. Have the first one and really want this one too.

Shadowdust
01-06-2005, 02:54 AM
I couldn't find any details on there being plans to release the game in Europe. It kind of seems a little inappropriate considering half of the game is based on Europe. :p

Has anyone had the chance to play the first game, Koudelka, on the PS One?

Dark Matter
01-06-2005, 04:07 AM
I just finished the game 3 weeks ago. :D
*sigh* I've to wait for another 5 weeks to go back home and then finish the side quests.

im at the part where i have to go find the bandit. this is great! Oh~yeah!!! :hyper: i love this part too! Let's see!!

When the forces of darkness descends...
In the name of Justice, this fist!
In the name of Truth, these muscles!
In the name of Honour, this blood!
Champion of Justice and Truth - Grand Papillon!
Haha! Ready to fight all evildoers.
If you can face the unfettered fury of my rippling muscles, then come on!

Wow, he's so cool!!

PS: Please notice that some soundtracks are really good, eg. The name's Grand Papillon, Memories of Melodies ~ Peace, Karin, Alice, Anastasia, ICARO, Love Moon Flower ~ Ending theme, Amon (Battle theme)......

Appless
01-06-2005, 04:12 AM
I've played Koudelka.

It annoys me that there is still no official release date for Europe and Australia. At the moment on the gamefaqs board there's this guy who posts regularly who works for Midway and worked on the PAL version of SH:C. He says it will most likely be out March 13th for us. But this doesn't make much sense to me since MGS3 is released around that time and most gamers would probably buy that over SH:C. That's exactly what happened with the first one as well since it was released a week before FFX and barely anyone bought it.

Doc Sark
01-24-2005, 01:57 AM
I'm pretty sure the FFX release was a lot later than a week because I bought Shadow Hearts, having thoroughly enjoyed Koudelka with the intention of it seeing me through until FFX came out. Gamestracker reckons March 11th for Covenant. I actually prefer Shadow Hearts to FFX and can't wait for the follow up.

Luc
01-24-2005, 03:31 AM
Yeah, I beat this game twice. It's really a great game, and I absolutely LOVE the battle system. The Judgement Ring is so awesome. You don't need to play the first one in order to follow up on the story, but I like the first one too. Yuri kicks so much ass.. :greenie:

Oh, and I'm pretty sure the first one is about $20-25 in most stores. Last time I went to a video game story it was $25.