PDA

View Full Version : Square Enix - does this bug anyone else?

Mr.Mage
01-03-2005, 11:37 AM
Squaresoft was a great company that did well on it's own. I dislike it being called Square Enix. They made Final Fantasy what it was today. I just miss hearing Squaresoft this, Squaresoft that. Well I'm sorry, I just had to get that off my chest. :mad2: Square Enix :mad:

Kawaii Ryűkishi
01-03-2005, 12:18 PM
It's been over a year. Get over it.

TheAbominatrix
01-03-2005, 12:37 PM
This is why I adore Kishi.

Anyway, it's semantics. Who cares what they're called? And try playing an Enix game, you may stop caring at all. Enix is awesome.

crono_logical
01-03-2005, 01:13 PM
I like Namco RPGs too :p

Captain Maxx Power
01-03-2005, 02:04 PM
Call 'em Squenix, It's so satisfying saying Squenix.

ninja-yuffie
01-03-2005, 06:17 PM
SQUARE SOFT SQUARE SOFT FOEVER, also i think that square soft made games alot better than square enix SQUARE SOFT FOREVER

Mr.Mage
01-03-2005, 10:59 PM
It's been over a year. Get over it.

Ouch.
:cry: :mad:

Crazy the Clown
01-03-2005, 11:45 PM
Squaresoft was a great company that did well on it's own. I dislike it being called Square Enix. They made Final Fantasy what it was today. I just miss hearing Squaresoft this, Squaresoft that. Well I'm sorry, I just had to get that off my chest. :mad2: Square Enix :mad:

Technically, it was Square Electronic Arts in its PlayStation years. Later, after the split between Squaresoft and EA, Squaresoft merged with other game empire, Enix, to form Square-Enix.

Azure Chrysanthemum
01-06-2005, 08:24 AM
And as has been said SO many times before, Enix has nothing to do with the quality (or lack thereof) in the Final Fantasy series, and vice-versa for Enix's series. They both still do their own thing. And Enix makes great games, try them before you mindlessly bash them.

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
01-11-2005, 01:14 AM
Call 'em Squenix, It's so satisfying saying Squenix.

Yeah Yeah Its true Squenix....sounds so good your a cracker mate!

And on topic i agree i think you should play enix's games and on the plus side you cant blame squenix (hehehe) for not trying something new..because they are it may work for some and for others it just wont gel...so try enix's games and see if the grass is greener on the other side mate! :D

mike without a hat
01-11-2005, 02:48 AM
Until a couple weeks ago when i got Drakengard i had been pronouncing Enix wrong :surprised: :/
I had been saying it with a harder e i guess like "EEnix" not like "ehnix" or whatever
Did anyone else do this?

ArkBennett
01-15-2005, 08:13 AM
If I'm correct Enix was going to close or somthin and merged with Squaresoft. Personally I woulden't mind it that much if it wasen't for a friend telling me that there was a ENIX trademark in FF11.
I think Enix should never touch any Squaresoft games and should not have ENIX on remade or continuing games of the "Final Fantasy" series ever.
But on the otherhand Enix games are ok.. Only some.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
01-15-2005, 08:23 AM
Again, even though Square Enix is a single company, the people on the Square side and the people on the Enix side still stick to their own games. It's not like Enix people are in charge of Final Fantasy and Square people are in charge of Dragon Quest now or anything, so people who say that the Square games have declined in quality since the merger have no one to blame but the same people who were making the games they liked that came out before the merger.

edczxcvbnm
01-15-2005, 06:57 PM
If I'm correct Enix was going to close or somthin and merged with Squaresoft.

Actually you have that backwards. If either one of the companies was going to close then it would be square who was still in finacial troubles after the FF movie. Square merged with Enix. Enix shares got 1.00 while square shares got .86 on the merge conversion.

Square sucked before the merger and after the merger.

I also agree with Chronological. I like Namco RPGS(i think they have become the best JRPG company acutally).

Crazy the Clown
01-16-2005, 05:12 AM
What's wrong with two videogame empires merging?

Square made many great games. Final Fantasy, Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, Rad Racer, and 3D Worldrunner to name a few.

Enix had their share of success with such games as Actraiser, Soulblazer, Illusion of Gaia, Mischief Makers, and Dragon Warrior.

If anything, this can be considered a good thing.

TheAbominatrix
01-16-2005, 05:29 AM
Square fanboys have to find a place to lay their blame when the company does something they dont like. Enix is the perfect scapegoat.

Del Murder
01-16-2005, 07:16 AM
This merger is the reason I will never find happiness. Curse you, Enix, and all your evil.

Edgar
01-30-2005, 01:23 PM
This merger is the reason I will never find happiness. Curse you, Enix, and all your evil.

Amen!!!! :D *boom*

Captain Maxx Power
01-30-2005, 02:33 PM
O come on, aren't you excited about the concept of Dragon Fantasy? No longer will we have the streamlined approach of FF, rather a more level-grinding, off-the-wall interface melded into all that storytelling. Go go Erdrick's Ulitma Weapon.

Del Murder
01-30-2005, 05:03 PM
I cried myself to sleep last night over the concept of Dragon Fantasy...

Ryth
01-30-2005, 05:26 PM
Dragon Fantasy or Final Warrior/Quest? Wierd....Anyways I think this is great the two RPG giants fused into one, sharing ideas to make their franchises even better than before? While some were failures, like some consider X-2 a failure but I enjoyed it and besides that game I believe began development when it was Squaresoft, I think....

Azure Chrysanthemum
01-31-2005, 01:08 AM
Dragon Fantasy or Final Warrior/Quest? Wierd....Anyways I think this is great the two RPG giants fused into one, sharing ideas to make their franchises even better than before? While some were failures, like some consider X-2 a failure but I enjoyed it and besides that game I believe began development when it was Squaresoft, I think....

Enix's people aren't messing with Squaresoft games anyways, so X-2 was all Square's fault/triumph.

Edgar
01-31-2005, 03:48 PM
O come on, aren't you excited about the concept of Dragon Fantasy? No longer will we have the streamlined approach of FF, rather a more level-grinding, off-the-wall interface melded into all that storytelling. Go go Erdrick's Ulitma Weapon.

No! No! I will not have it! No Dragon Fantasy! The end of the world is nigh!!!!

And FFX-2 is Enix's fault! I don't care! *runs*

Azure Chrysanthemum
01-31-2005, 05:03 PM
*bangs head on desk in frustration*

In any event, I don't think they'd mesh well together, except in that little boardgame thing, but I don't believe there is much danger in it anyways.

RedCydranth
01-31-2005, 06:16 PM
I was pissed at first, but I got Kawaii's opinion, let it rest.

The empires of Final Fantasy, Crono Trigger have merged with the empires of Dragon Warrior and Star Ocean, what could you say is bad about that?

Ryth
01-31-2005, 08:37 PM
Enix's people aren't messing with Squaresoft games anyways, so X-2 was all Square's fault/triumph.

Really is that right? Didn't know that! I thought I read somewhere otherwise.

Mahabutt
02-02-2005, 03:15 AM
I don't know if they improved after the first one or not, but the original Dragon Warrior on the NES... was crap.
And I actually played it most of the way through back when I got it (got to that last castle, but never finished), even though I didn't think it was THAT great... I wanted to finish the game and see if it ever got much better. It didn't.
Seriously... was it the ONLY RPG on the NES when it came out or something? (note, I do not count the Zelda series as RPGs--I honestly can't see why anyone does, as they seem to be an action-type game first, with only a few tiny bits of RPG-ish stuff added on later)

I can't see any other way it would've actually sold well.

Of course, I also don't see why people are blaming Enix for the messing-up of the newer FF's... Square is perfectly capable of messing up on its own. Making one of the normal "numbered" FF's an online thing was one of those mess-ups... if anything, 11 should've been a "sort-of Final Fantasy" like Crystal Chronicles or (speaking of mess-ups..) Mystic Quest--they have "Final Fantasy" in their name, but aren't part of the main series.

Doomgaze
02-02-2005, 09:28 AM
I agree, Square is ruining Enix's good name ;)

dodhungry
02-02-2005, 11:36 PM
I liked it when Squaresoft was just that. For one it is easier to say.....that and it sounds cooler.

The whole Dragon Fantasy thing..... (imagines a dragon w/ spikey blonde hair using an extreamly large sword) :cry:

feioncastor
02-03-2005, 04:19 PM
Before they were "Squaresoft", they were just called "Square" look at the cart for FF1 or FF2/4j. They just say "Square"

I think there was actually two back then: Square and Squaresoft. One was the developer and the other was the publisher.

Feion

Yuffie514
02-03-2005, 04:20 PM
SquareSoft sounds like a better name :cool: , but what the heck :greenie: . i like all the FF games and some of the other games Square-Enix came out with ;) . without this merger, some things we like wouldn't even be possible :cool: .

eestlinc
02-10-2005, 06:32 AM
I think Dragon Warrior WAS the first RPG on NES. It certainly isn't the greatest game ever but it was quite fun and what got me into the games. Of course Final Fantasy was so much better.

Marikk Bogard
02-10-2005, 07:14 AM
Before they were "Squaresoft", they were just called "Square" look at the cart for FF1 or FF2/4j. They just say "Square"

I think there was actually two back then: Square and Squaresoft. One was the developer and the other was the publisher.

Feion

Shoot me if i'm wrong, but unless i'm mistaken Square was the parent company, game creation et cetera, and Squaresoft was the American branch used to release US versions of games only. make sense? anyone? ... *shrugs*

"We already talked about this, man. In this business you hafta expect innocent loses. They're called 'casualties of war'."
"Don't treat this like it's some trivial matter!!"

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-10-2005, 08:28 AM
The American branch of Square was called, unsurprisingly, Square of America.

Citizen Bleys
02-10-2005, 09:34 PM
What's wrong with two videogame empires merging?

Square made many great games. Final Fantasy, Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, Rad Racer, and 3D Worldrunner to name a few.

Enix had their share of success with such games as Actraiser, Soulblazer, Illusion of Gaia, Mischief Makers, and Dragon Warrior.

If anything, this can be considered a good thing.

B*tch, you forgot the 7th Saga. Best Enix game ever.