PDA

View Full Version : who is sephiroth father

Atum
01-04-2005, 06:08 AM
okay a lot of people think is hojo but i think its vincent.i just woundering if any one has good proof of who the real father
is?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
01-04-2005, 06:26 AM
It's Hojo. The game tells you this. Anyone who thinks it's Vincent is living in a fantasy world.

Mirage
01-04-2005, 09:28 AM
Yes. Hojo fuxed Lucrecia and did some experiments. All Vincent did was to not stop him.

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
01-04-2005, 09:55 AM
For a story refresher dealing with Vincent, Sephiroth, Hojo, and Lucrecia, go to that cave with Lucrecia in it with a mountain (green) chocobo or use the sub. I think that's where you learn everything about Vincent's past, and where the game can answer your question, and we can prove it to you.

(Then go fight a battle with Vincent, then go back to the cave to get his ultimate weapon and limit :D )

Mirage
01-04-2005, 10:10 AM
Just a fight, so that's what triggers it :P.
I always thought you needed to go to the cave in disc 2, and then return in disc 3.

TheSpoonyBard
01-04-2005, 01:30 PM
I always thought you needed to go to the cave in disc 2, and then return in disc 3.
This is correct. You need to visit the cave on disc 2 AND 3 to get Vincent's Death Penalty and Choas limit break. Vincent must be in your party on both occassions for Lucrecia and the items to appear.

Hojo is Sephiroth's father, and Lucrecia is his mother. Somewhere along the way he must've heard that Jenova was his mother, hence the scene at the Mt. Nibel reactor, but it isn't true.

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
01-04-2005, 06:21 PM
Yes, waiting till Disc 3 is what the official guide says. Some people say it's a battle though. I think I've gotten the items on Disc 2, but I'm not sure. Maybe I was switching to Disc 3 when the PSX didn't want me to, and that's what happened.

Sorry, I didn't mean to lie. I was just wrong, maybe.

I'm gonna experiment with the Lucrecia thing and see if a battle does it.

One winged angel of death
01-04-2005, 08:12 PM
more or likely hojo. but then three possiblities. Vincent, Hojo, and Ghast. how ever that is spelt. It seems all three where there but Hojo was more interested so more or likely hojo. but then again... How can you believe him he lies some in the game, yet then he tells the truth. to be short none of us are completely sure.

Doomgaze
01-04-2005, 08:46 PM
No, we are. It's Hojo. This isn't debatable.

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
01-04-2005, 08:49 PM
Yeah, Lucrecia tells you, or I think Vincent and Lucrecia are reminiscing. And Vincent hints at it when you first meet him. Vincent doesn't lie, does he?

Raistlin
01-04-2005, 08:51 PM
It's Hojo. The game tells you this. Anyone who thinks it's Vincent is living in a fantasy world.
<3

One winged angel of death
01-04-2005, 09:09 PM
oh vincent says something? oops...my bad ok now i'm positive it's hojo... sorry 3 months since playing and i didn't really pay attetion. sorry alright i guess your right. it's Hojo.

rubah
01-05-2005, 02:13 AM
Yes, waiting till Disc 3 is what the official guide says. Some people say it's a battle though. I think I've gotten the items on Disc 2, but I'm not sure. Maybe I was switching to Disc 3 when the PSX didn't want me to, and that's what happened.

I didn't even *touch* that sidequest(or many of the others, unfortunately) in disc 2 and I got both the weapon and limit. Went down there with the submarine after I got tired of looking on my chocobo, then went back after a while after I figured out where it was on teh choco.

not starting until disc 3 appears to be fine (unless you like, don't have vincent or something, maybe:P)

finalheaven
01-05-2005, 06:43 PM
yeah hojo they even said...u might have got abit confused with sephy looking for jenova aka 'mother' but ya know it ok.^_^

lgrowse
01-05-2005, 07:02 PM
it is hojo because at the cannon when cloud asks why he is doing this he says
hojo "even know he doesent know i must help my son"
cloud "what"
hojo " i injected jnova celles in to my body"
cloud "thats an illosany crime against him"

DMKA
01-05-2005, 07:55 PM
Yes, Hojo is the father. The game blatantly states it. End of story.

Miluda
01-07-2005, 04:36 PM
I can see why he suggests it's Vincent... Probably because, if you've ever noticed, Vincent talks a lot about his "sin", which some people interpreted as more than not being able to help Lucrecia, but rather being Sephiroth's father and failing to protect him and his mother.

I think it is Hojo, but still you can't completely dismiss the possibility, because the game doesn't really mention it as a fact... it just mentions it.

Raistlin
01-07-2005, 08:39 PM
I think it is Hojo, but still you can't completely dismiss the possibility, because the game doesn't really mention it as a fact... it just mentions it.
Oh, I see what you're saying. So even though the game says "Hojo is Sephiroth's father," you can't entirely dismiss other possibilities because it also didn't add "THIS IS A FACT" in bold letters next to it. Makes perfect sense.

sayen
01-13-2005, 12:49 PM
vincent is sephiroths father and hojo injected sephiroth with jenova genes when he was in the womb and the did some stuff to vincent. vincent is sephiroths bialogical father hojo is probibly the adopted father or is saying that becasue its his fault sephiroth is so powerful.

Shoden
01-13-2005, 05:22 PM
its definatly Hojo but Vincent is an easy mistake

LastCetra
01-16-2005, 12:59 PM
I heard that you can get his weapons when you defeat the ultima weapon, so you can get them both in disc 2 if you really wanted.

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
01-16-2005, 03:18 PM
No. Okay I get the sub and get the story where it explains that Hojo is his father. Hojo had sex with her, and then experimented on her.

Then after rotating Vincent out of my party, I went to the Gelnika, had to fight some battles (but I wasn't keeping track). I think I also did those Nibelheim things with Cloud and Tifa's ultimate limit break, so some more battles there. Not sure, but I think next I returned to the cave. I ran up to the light, and Vincent got his weapon and limit. Ultima and Ruby Weapon haven't even showed up yet in my present game.

Raistlin
01-16-2005, 07:09 PM
vincent is sephiroths father and hojo injected sephiroth with jenova genes when he was in the womb and the did some stuff to vincent. vincent is sephiroths bialogical father hojo is probibly the adopted father or is saying that becasue its his fault sephiroth is so powerful.
*buzzer* Wrong.

DMKA
01-17-2005, 02:56 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

theundeadhero
01-17-2005, 04:37 AM
Luke Skywalker would think Hojo is his father.

Loony BoB
01-17-2005, 01:14 PM
You know, if Sephiroth ever had a documentary about his life done up, they'd definitely have some great material for the old "Child who grew up in a messed up family and ended up a messed up bastard" routine.

See? You can't blame Sephiroth for what he did, it's his parents, that's the problem. Let that be a lesson to everyone. Be a good mummy and/or daddy or else your kid might end up just as messed up in the head as Sephy was.

Bubbles1230
01-19-2005, 02:33 AM
I thought it was Professor Gast?

TheAbominatrix
01-19-2005, 02:35 AM
Gast is Aerith's father. There's a whole thread of information about the fact that HOJO IS SEPHIROTH'S FATHER.

lord shishio
01-20-2005, 10:29 PM
You're all wrong, Yoda is Sephiroth's father.

Neko
01-28-2005, 02:49 PM
Naw, Yoda ain't pretty enough :P

I always figured it was Vincent. Or maybe it was Hojo. Don't know. All I do know is that Vincent loved Lucretia and they had an affair. Hojo found out, got pissed off and the rest is history. Perhaps Vincent is the father and no one knows it. I've had no less than TWO friends that that has happened to >.< but it seems a little TOO complex for Square...

*sigh* If only Trisha existed in the Final Fantasy world...

Ja
Neko

Camanche
01-31-2005, 04:10 PM
While Hojo states that he is Sephiroth's father, I don't see how there isn't a slight possibility that it could of been Vincent. He was in love with, and involved with Lucrecia before Hojo had... sexual relations with her for the sole purpose of making a human being to experiment on pre-birth. If Vincent and Lucrecia were in love beforehand, it is possible they could of conceived Sephiroth prior to Lucrecia's involement with Hojo. Hojo then, could easily assume that the child was indeed his, not knowing it had been conceived slightly earlier by someone else.

Of course, this is speculation. The only true way to back it up is the fact that Vincent seems to resemble Sephiroth much more than Hojo. And the way he refers to Sephiroth in a rather cryptical manner. He seems to think it was his sin that he could not protect Lucrecia and her child. It could be that he feels this way because he knew there was a possibility that the child was his. And if not that, simply because it was Lucrecia's child.

What I want to know is if someone has a quote, from the game, of any of the following:

-Lucrecia specifically stating she had sex with Hojo. (I think she probably did but I can't remember.)

-Lucrecia or Vincent mentioning how far they went in their relationship before she became pregnant.

Or anything else along these lines. I know it is an unlikely possibility, but I can only recall Hojo specifically refering to himself as Sephiroth's father, and being the deluded genius that he is, I'd can only assume this is what he would want to think, even if there was a possibility that Vincent got to Lucrecia first when it came to impregnating her.

Destai
01-31-2005, 05:06 PM
It is "possible" that it Vincent could be the father....but hes not. Vincent knows it, Lucrecia knows it, Hojo knows it, Squaresoft the creators of the game know it, And you're just slow for thinking otherwise.

Camanche
01-31-2005, 07:16 PM
Slow? How are people slow for looking beyond the facts that they are presented with? The video game is considered to be a form of art by some, and art can be interpreted. I'm not denying the fact that Hojo is most undoubtably Sephiroth's father, I'm simply asking if anyone has quotes from the game regarding the matter. That is all.

TheAbominatrix
01-31-2005, 07:44 PM
This is all it says in regards to Sephiroth's father:

Hojo: Quit asking me why, you moron. Hmm... actually, you might be cut out to be
a scientist. Energy level is at...... 83%. It's taking too long. My son is in
need of power and help. ...That's the only reason.

Cloud: ...your son?

Hojo: Ha, ha, ha... Although he doesn't know. Ha, ha, ha... HA, HA, HA...!! What
will Sephiroth think when he finds out I'm his father? Always looking down on me
like that. HA, HA, HA...!!

Cloud: Sephiroth is your son?

Hojo: Ha, ha, ha... I offered the woman with my child to Professor Gast's Jenova
Project. When Sephiroth was still in the womb, we took the cells of Jenova...
HA,
HA, HA!!

Cloud: I can't believe you're the one who did this... The illusionary crime
against Sephiroth...

It's NEVER said that Vincent did anything but admire Lucrecia. He quite clearly cared for her, and tried to save her, but that's all it says. Unless Square released something saying more, we have to rely on what facts we're presented with. Feel free to search the script yourselves, it's available at GameFAQs.

Camanche
01-31-2005, 08:23 PM
Alright thanks, that's what I wasn't sure of. Whether Vincent loved and was involved with Lucrecia, or if it was mostly a one-way thing.

TheAbominatrix
01-31-2005, 08:27 PM
It doesnt really say. Vincent goes on and on about lovely Lucrecia, but when you talk to her she's only interested in speaking about Sephiroth and her 'sin'. The only connection that seems to signify more is the fact that she'll only talk when Vincent is in your party, but that could mean anything.

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
01-31-2005, 09:14 PM
Hojo says he is the father, but NPC's do lie in FFVII (like in the prison), plus he's a mad scientist.

But the Lucrecia flashbacks only show Vincent hustling Shera-- I mean Lucrecia. They only show Hojo and Lucrecia in an embrace. So, I guess, Hojo ended up in a sexual relationship and then impregnated her.

Maybe you need Vincent in your party for a much simpler reason like maybe, her mom told her not talk to strangers. Too bad that didn't help her much. Also, Cloud "doesn't really care" about Chaos.

TheAbominatrix
01-31-2005, 09:18 PM
If he was lying, then Square would have hinted to that or had someone else tell the truth. We cant assume someone is lying unless we're presented with evidence that he/she is; if not we can just say everyone is lying and basically make up whatever we wanted.

Raistlin
01-31-2005, 09:55 PM
Hojo says he is the father, but NPC's do lie in FFVII (like in the prison), plus he's a mad scientist.
Give me a break.

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
01-31-2005, 10:07 PM
Yes, I started off trying to entertain that idea, but my money's still on Hojo being the father. The game presents some evidence in favor of Hojo, including a witness saying "I am zeh father, mwahaha." There is no evidence stating that Vincent is the father, so if I were the judge w/o a lie detector, I'd rule in favor of Hojo being the father.

Raistlin
01-31-2005, 10:38 PM
Yeah, 'cause, y'know, the GAME STATES OUTRIGHT THAT HE'S THE FATHER.

It's 100%, certain, without-a-doubt, proof.

Cuchulainn
02-01-2005, 06:36 PM
Dear lord above....why do people constantly look for hidden conspiracy theorys on everything, Hojo's the father...stop digging you won't find anything other than what your own over-active imagination finds.

In the words of Sigmund Freud "Sometimes an apple is just an apple". It's like this R=U garbage.....people spend too much time believing what they're not told. Think about how insanely futile your whole life will pan out if you live like that.

The truth ISN'T out there and we ARE alone OK???? *goes back to work*

Shoden
02-01-2005, 06:40 PM
look there is no evidence to prove vincent got very far with Lucrecia

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
02-01-2005, 07:07 PM
Why is this thread still open? People keep saying it's Hojo. I say it's Hojo, too, but at least I was nicer to the people who thought it was Vincent.