PDA

View Full Version : RedXIII's limit break

Idaho
01-04-2005, 01:40 PM
I guess this question has been asked before...anyway

I got the cosmo memory limit break from the nibelheim safe,
and I got all RedXIII's limit breaks EXCEPT his second one, Lunatic/Lutanic High or something...

And now i cant use cosmo memory!! Is this some sort of bug? I played the game before and didnt have this problem

TheSpoonyBard
01-04-2005, 02:08 PM
You need all preceeding Limit Breaks to be able to learn the Lv 4 Limit break. I guess you need to use Sled Fang a few more times. Fury comes in helpful, as does the Cover materia.

Atum
01-04-2005, 02:16 PM
okay i have no idea how you got it the first time but iv herd that if you skip any that you cant get thair main limit break the only thaing that i can tell you to do is try to go back and train on limit lv2 i dont know if itll work or not but its worth a shot

Idaho
01-04-2005, 02:40 PM
I also have no idea why i didnt get that limit break...
But, I'll set my limit break to level one again,

thanks for helping me out!

One winged angel of death
01-04-2005, 08:15 PM
might've been a bug. those happen all the time.

DJZen
01-05-2005, 02:03 AM
Nah, it's more of a "We wanted to make people work for something in this game for a change".

rubah
01-05-2005, 02:08 AM
How exactly do you skip a limit break?

I was under the impression that you have to get/use them all before you can get the final one or just to advance a level. . . . Maybe I just don't kill enough enemies.

DMKA
01-05-2005, 10:14 AM
You need to set his limit level back to Level 1, use "Sled Fang", his very first one, 6 - 10 times, and then it will give you "Lunatic High". After that, you give him the item to learn "Cosmo Memory", then set his Limit level to Level 4 and you will be able to use it.

/has wasted far too much of his life on this game.

nik0tine
01-05-2005, 11:02 AM
etc. etc. etc.

/has wasted far too much of his life on this game.

Idaho
01-05-2005, 01:03 PM
thnx!

offtopic question>> does anyone know a site where I can get the official screens from ff7? The ones you get on the ff7 PC cdrom...
can't find m anywhere!

Hawkeye
01-05-2005, 02:47 PM
ebay perhaps?

hmm... the only limit break i have not gotten was aries. thats strange, but anywaYs, just go back to reds previous limit breaks and you should get it easily

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
01-06-2005, 06:46 AM
Do you have to set it to lvl 3 first before they let you use the item? If it still doesn't work, try that. It shouldn't make any difference anyway, as there is nothing you need to do to switch limits except tell it to, and your limit gauge is going to be reset anyway once you set it to 4.

I have seen everybody's lvl 4 limit breaks, if they exist. Including Aeris. Last time I played before my current game (that stopped at Junon Underwater Reactor b/c I got FFC and FFXI for Christmas), I was also all ready to learn their lvl 4s as soon as I got the item, including Red and Aeris, and I once had Omnislash beat Jenova Life in one shot.

Thankfully, your problem is Lunatic High. It takes longer to go to another level.

DJZen
01-06-2005, 07:51 AM
ebay perhaps?

hmm... the only limit break i have not gotten was aries.

There's an Aries limit break? No way! Where?

Idaho
01-06-2005, 08:44 AM
well, your suggestions worked!
I set the limit to level 1 again, used sled fang only 1 time and tadaa...got lunatic high!!

Finally, I can use cosmo memory :)

TheSpoonyBard
01-06-2005, 04:49 PM
Not that you need to. Stardust Ray is Red's best Limit Break.

Sepho
01-07-2005, 10:30 PM
Not that you need to. Stardust Ray is Red's best Limit Break.

I was just going to post this, only I tend to favor Earth Rave. Regardless of personal preference, Cosmo Memory is inferior to both of Red's Level 3 Limit Breaks (although the effectiveness of Howling Moon is debatable, given that, while Red's strength and speed are phenomenal during the berserk phase induced by the Limit, you lose all control of him), or Stardust Ray. It causes a single amount of damage to all enemies, and even if it's a consistent 9,999 damage, it can't compete with the power of a Stardust Ray or Earth Rave if your Red has even moderately high strength.

Yuffie is in a similar situation with All Creation.

TheSpoonyBard
01-08-2005, 12:14 AM
I agree that Earth Rave is better than Cosmo Memory, but I will stick with Stardust Ray because it has six hits and is non-elemental. I'm not too keen on Earth Rave because the animation isn't impressive, it hits only five times, and each hit is a different element. Accidentaly curing an enemy doesn't rate too highly on my agenda.

Yuffie's best Limit Break is Doom of the Living, and can be comparable in damage to Cloud's Omnislash if she is suitably equipped.

Lacuna16
01-08-2005, 03:00 AM
The reason you were able to get a higher level limit break before finishing the levle before was because, the first limit break is based on how many kills you get. The second limit break is based upon how many time you use the limit break before that.

EX.

You must use Sled Fang 20 times to get Lunatic High.
To get Howling Moon you need to kill 300 enemies, so if you kill all of those enemies, before you use Sled Fang enough times you will get Howling Moon first.

These are not exact numbers, but you can find the exact ones on the net, I believe I found them on www.gamefaq.com

battousai9439
01-08-2005, 04:34 AM
No, those numbers are pretty far off...

I believe that it's Sled Fang 8 times to get Lunatic High and 80 enemies for Howling Moon.

DMKA
01-08-2005, 04:41 AM
No, those numbers are pretty far off...
Oh really? Well...

well, your suggestions worked!
I set the limit to level 1 again, used sled fang only 1 time and tadaa...got lunatic high!!

Finally, I can use cosmo memory :)
The case rest. :cool:

Oh, and you're very welcome Idaho.

battousai9439
01-08-2005, 04:49 AM
It's very possible that s/he could have used Sled Fang 7 times before...

DMKA
01-08-2005, 04:58 AM
It's very possible that s/he could have used Sled Fang 7 times before...
True, but whatever works is what matters, right? That's always worked for me, and it worked for him. :)

battousai9439
01-08-2005, 05:06 AM
[quote]True, but whatever works is what matters, right? That's always worked for me, and it worked for him.[quote]

Yep, you're right...

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
01-08-2005, 08:01 AM
Go to this site for exact limit mechanics:

http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/file/final_fantasy_vii_limit_break_mech.txt

You may want to ctrl+F this text:
Limit 1/1: Braver | Used 8 times to learn Limit 1/2: Cross-Slash