PDA

View Full Version : FF1 vs FF11

Doors
01-04-2005, 04:16 PM
So which do you think is better and why?

Necronopticous
01-04-2005, 04:27 PM
Final Fantasy 1 because it doesn't eat my life.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
01-04-2005, 04:28 PM
Which One: FFI.
Why: It's not an MMORPG.

TheSpoonyBard
01-04-2005, 04:37 PM
FFI. Although I don't own it (yet) I think it is better. Firstly, you only need to pay for the game once, and not every time you want to play it as with FFXI. Secondly, FFI saved Square from disappearing off the face of this planet, so we all owe it a great deal of thanks. Lastly, old games are awesome.

Dark Ekonis
01-04-2005, 07:08 PM
FF I is by far the greater of the two, FF XI can eat a bowl of D***s,

Martyr
01-04-2005, 09:04 PM
FF1 is better.
I mean, firstly because MMORPGs aren't nearly as cool. Secondly because if you are going to play a MMORPG, you should play World of Warcraft. Thirdly because old school FFs have always been, and considering the trend, always will be, better than this new garbage that keeps coming out.
I'm honestly still shocked that people payed for those games with useful items (Dollars). We should know better by now.

DJZen
01-05-2005, 02:08 AM
FFXI is a very fun game, and while WoW is better, I still think that as far as games in general go it's worth the price if you're looking for that sort of thing.

That said, I like FFI better. It plays less slowly and and keeps you more focused on one thing at a time. That's just the sort of game I like more.

UltimateSpamGrover
01-05-2005, 02:16 AM
FFXI is far better than I. Endless gameplay, and more job customization makes it so much better.

Captain Maxx Power
01-05-2005, 01:19 PM
FF1, cos FF11 costs monthly. Nuff said.

rubah
01-06-2005, 12:17 AM
ff1. because I've actually tried to play it.

no monthly fees and lag for me!

Super Christ
01-06-2005, 12:24 AM
FF1. MMORPGs are ok, but not all that great.

That, and I'm an elitist whore. :D

turnitup5000db
01-09-2005, 10:53 AM
This shouldn't even be a question lol. FF1, although rendered in 8 bit graphics, has some serious depth of story and was pretty groundbreaking for when it came out. FF11 was a serious mistake and whoever proposed degrading the ff series by having a strictly online rpg in it needs to go to their local sephiroth shrine, get on their knees and beg for forgiveness. They won't recieve it, but they should beg anyway. I say this for 3 reasons - 1. People are always gonna be cheap, and most of us won't touch a game with a monthly fee attached. Nuff said. 2. Any game that you can't win without the help of other players strikes me as somewhat assinine. 3. Square merged with ENIX to make this. ENIX!!!! The wonderful people who brought us such games as : EVO... Equinox... and many more completely craptacular and irrelevant games in the past two decades. Square-Enix shouldn't even have such a nice sounding name. I think I'm going to start calling them Squenix from now on. Has a much more pathetic feel to it, I think. And now i'm ranting. So i'm going to stop. Right now. Excluding those words. And these that I have just spoken.