PDA

View Full Version : dummies?

Richard Highwind
01-04-2005, 09:59 PM
Hi,

I'm new in this site. I was wondering why in FFIV there's dummy item. Why did they chose the name? does any dummies in the FFIV have any purpose?

sorry I felt like an idiot posting this.

I'm curious :(

Doors
01-04-2005, 10:04 PM
You are a dummy for posting in the wrong forum.

If you thought it was the wrong forum then why did you not use the Warn button instead of spamming up the thread and being rude? ~ Leeza
Edit:You mods really do see everything dontcha?

theundeadhero
01-04-2005, 10:23 PM
I think he meant FFIV! The dummy items were items taken out of the original japanese game for the easy version of FFIV on the SNES. They cannot be used but were put back into the chronicles version of the game on playstation.

Richard Highwind
01-04-2005, 11:00 PM
oh yea I meant FFIV sorry my bad. :cry:

Oh, they shouldn't remove it. I mean, there's nothing wrong having it.

theundeadhero
01-04-2005, 11:52 PM
I agree, as well as many other FF players, but Japan felt that at the time America couldn't handle such a hard RPG so they released the kiddy version over here.

DJZen
01-05-2005, 01:56 AM
Yes, somehow the problem was that the game was too hard, so that meant they had to take out like half of the abilities and items. I'm sure this makes sense in some crazy alternate universe.

Martyr
01-05-2005, 03:35 AM
I'm still a believer in the idea that, since the whole atomic bomb fiasco, the Japanese realize that they can't topple the US militarilly and have put all their efforts into brainwashing America's youth with video games.
One might think that taking out useful items in a video game would train the children to be more resourceful and such though, right?
WRONG!
While our minds are occupied with video games, and out hand-eye coordination reaches human evolutionary peaks, the viddeo game world pales so vastly before the real one that all of these acquired skills will fail generation X in the end.
I fear the day when Japeuropasirussanafricaustraulia faces off against the US.
We'll keep on casting Quick and then Ultima with the gem box and the economizer, but our superpowerful video game magics will be utterly ineffective.