PDA

View Full Version : The commspheres

m4tt
01-05-2005, 04:01 PM
I'm really trying to finish this game. I just got to Chapter 4, and I'm doing the commsphere part right at the beginning. Does anyone else find this part horribly boring? This is actually where I quit playing the first time I played this game. Viewing the same scene over and over again, waiting for something special to happen so that I can get a fraction of a % point just seems so pointless. So yeah, does anyone actually enjoy this part?

Xander
01-05-2005, 07:05 PM
Not really, I found it boring too. But then I'm not sure I looked at all the ones I should have because I wasn't following a percentage guide or anything on my first playthrough. I guess it was kinda interesting the first couple of times but there was too much in chapter 4. Still, more interesting than Blitzball. ^_^

Little Kid
01-05-2005, 07:30 PM
Well, I didn't find it too bad... In fact, I wasted an awful lot of time just sitting on the couch, clicking away with the spheres, making certain I'd missed nothing.

And some things in there were definitely worth seeing, like most of what went on in the Gagazet Hot Springs. The top of Cid's head sailing around in the water sent me into hysterics, as did that bit of a display of Isaaru's temper. :p

DMKA
01-05-2005, 08:19 PM
It was the best part of any game ever for me.

m4tt
01-05-2005, 09:23 PM
Well yeah, there are some funny parts. I've only watched up to the Guadosalam so far. When you get hit by the blitzball in Besaid, that was pretty funny.

I dunno, I have more fun fighting than anything else in this game. "duck soup!"

rubah
01-06-2005, 01:12 AM
the hot springs bit got a little old after a while. 'oh look, the rest of spira showed up! just like the first half the last time!'

For some reason I liked dona's reactions more. I'm not entirely sure why. Or issaru dreaming in zanarkand

01-07-2005, 01:25 AM
i never got bored because i had a guide that told me when to stop.

Halenite
01-07-2005, 02:25 PM
"duck soup!"
Duck what?

Yeah, the commspheres were boring. Though they made a great game like blitzball into something horrible, I only "played" one game.

rcabronx
01-10-2005, 08:55 PM
yeah i hated that stupid commsphere chapter. bit the big one on that idea. i'd rather play blitzball for like four hours straight than watch chapter four.... :mad:

m4tt
01-10-2005, 09:04 PM
Duck what?

Yeah, the commspheres were boring. Though they made a great game like blitzball into something horrible, I only "played" one game.

Yeah Blitzball is crazy now! I mean, I didn't love it in FFX but what the hell happened to it? Do you even get to play? Or do you just watch a fast forwarded version of a "game". The freakin Luca Goers trashed the Gullwings 8-0.

Del Murder
01-22-2005, 02:52 AM
I found the commsphere part very annoing. I'd rather play than watch.