PDA

View Full Version : Opps...Forgot to Report

Dark Falken
01-05-2005, 04:44 PM
I finally beat VIII! I didn't manage to find everything, but I did get all the GFs. I had a great time, but like some many others, I was left longing for a little more at the end. Oh well. I still loved it. So far it's my favorite....remember I'm playing them in sequential order.

Thanks for all the great advice and such in this forum. I'm now off to the IX forum. Cheers all! :love:

finalheaven
01-07-2005, 06:03 PM
hahalol ^_^ wow same..i finished it first time afew ages ago..^_^ how long did it take u?..

Sepho
01-07-2005, 10:40 PM
Congratulations on completing your first playthrough.

Though it appears to often be regarded as the "Black Sheep" of the series, it's probably my second favorite game out of the lot of them, and I fail to understand how it's anymore cliche'd then, say, FF7. But that's a topic for another thread.

I can't give you an idea of what you think Final Fantasy 9. It's the game I've played through thrice and I still have no idea where I stand on this game. :confused:

Edit: Haha, I said "thrice". :p

Xaven
01-08-2005, 12:07 AM
Congrats on beating your favorite game ever (which is also my favorite!)!

I beat FFVIII for the first time a few years ago. I don't think I once used a walkthrough and I only had like... half of the gfs with the last one being Alexander. Ah, good times...

kikimm
01-08-2005, 01:44 AM
Aha! Congratulations on beating the best game ever to grace us with its presence. Well, along with another, but that's beside the point. Anyways, I'm very glad you're loved it. And good luck with FFIX. May it go swifter for you than it's going with me. :(

:D

FFVIII Fan
01-25-2005, 02:40 PM
yeah congrats, and as the above person said, it was the sort of black sheep of the series, although it was the best game ever so why dont square make more like it, or a sequel!

Cuchulainn
01-25-2005, 06:01 PM
The storyline in VIII was of the best quality, Loved it thoroughly, the gameplay however is where a lot of people get turned off. It does take a while to get used to but when u finally master it, it's dependable. The trick is, once you get to disk 3, get 100 of every top spell and NEVER USE THEM. Adel, Seifer, F & R can be beaten easily with physical attacks only, only GF i used often was Doomtrain. Eden bored me rigid, I was able to go for a smoke, eat my dinner, walk the dog & get married in the space it took for Eden to finish it's attack...
Most useful characters are Squall, Quistis & Irvine (Zell's retarded blue pants put me off even looking at him) Selphie can be useful (and cute :/), Rinoa's a waste of time if, like me, u prefer using Physical Attacks only.
All in all, great game, but then again, there hasnt been a FF i didnt like.....then X-2 came along and killed that off quicker than u can say 'I thought he died'.
Peace

Oh & Ultima Weapon...Siren+Meltdown+Limit Breaks+Revive=Free Eden

Dking'squeen
01-25-2005, 06:09 PM
congrats
i missed Cereberus
or did i just not want him?
meh, whatever. i know i didn't finish the card queen thing. I didn't start i don't think
meh, whatever
good job

Sepho
01-25-2005, 07:39 PM
Rinoa's a waste of time if, like me, u prefer using Physical Attacks only.

Rinoa, in my experience, is one of the strongest physical attackers in the game. I don't use STR Bonus GF abilities, so I'm talking about base stats here.

She's second in all my games to Squall only. I've thoroughly used every character on various playthoughs except for Zell, so she may (and probably is; I couldn't tell you) be inferior to him in that regard, but otherwise, her STR stat is higher then every other character (Irvine included) besides Squall.

But like I said, I don't use Zell (can't stand him). From what I understand, his limit breaks can be quite powerful, but I don't really feel like dealing with the hassle of button combinations. I'm content with the combined abilities of Squall, Irvine, and Rinoa.

lordblazer
01-25-2005, 11:11 PM
wow congrats on beating FF8.I rmemebr when i first beat it I was 12 then now im 16 so that was 4 years ago.anyway hope you have fun with FF9.

rubah
01-26-2005, 03:05 AM
Rinoa is always the strongest in my party even *with* str+;)

it's so cool to just junction a str+40% and nothing and have her at maximum strength.

And many T-Rexaurs later, perhaps skip the +40% and just junction something like tornado and still have 255:D

Suddenly I have plans for cereberus. triple demi could be very useful in devouring.
*goes off to ponder*

seiyuimore
01-27-2005, 12:48 AM
All GFs? Including Moomba?

Amazing! I was frustrated when I play pocket station to get moomba GF