PDA

View Full Version : media players, codecs etc. mkv file extension

one_winged_angel
01-05-2005, 05:36 PM
I downloaded something and it's a .mkv file... I tried playing it with Winamp, BS player and Media Player but it didn't work with any of them... I was just wondering if anybody knew what codecs I need or how I can play it

Xander
01-05-2005, 06:20 PM
Help forum stuff...*moves* And your sig is too big, 80k, the limit is 50k, you might wanna compress it a bit more. ^_^

Shockwave Pulsar
01-05-2005, 06:56 PM
It's a matroska file, or something. I used this program to see a video i had with that extention. http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

one_winged_angel
01-05-2005, 07:33 PM
Sorry for posting in the wrong place... I had assumed that the help forum was for help about the site :( . Sorry about my sig, too, has the limit been changed? Because I'm sure it wasn't that before... Ah well I don't suppose it particularly matters.

Shockwave Pulsar: thanks, that seems to have done the trick ;)

Xander
01-05-2005, 08:07 PM
It's okay, it wasn't a big deal really but Help forum is for any sort of help, and I figured you might get more useful responses here :)

"Total file size of all images combined must not exceed 50 KiB (51,200 bytes)." Been that since I can remember... But no need to be sorry. ^_^ *gives you a panda* :fphap:

one_winged_angel
01-05-2005, 08:08 PM
Awwww, thanks... :D