PDA

View Full Version : Female soldiers

Itsunari 2000
01-05-2005, 06:57 PM
I'm curious :does the Russian army ( formerly the Red Army) still accept females as front-line combatants ?

I know that Russian women fought alongside their male counterparts on the Eastern Front in both World Wars but I'm not so sure if females are allowed to join the infantry nowadays ...

Crazy the Clown
01-05-2005, 07:48 PM
Wouldn't surprise me if they did. Except for in Middle-Eastern countries and old-fashioned folks' homes, equal opportunity is here to stay.

theundeadhero
01-05-2005, 10:28 PM
While I don't know about nowadays in Russia, I have a Russian friend I can ask. I'll ask him and let you know if I can get ahold of him.

btw, Crazy the Clown, the American Army DOES NOT accept females as front-line combatants. They're only allowed to join support MOS's.

Crazy the Clown
01-06-2005, 12:35 AM
Don't be surprised if that changes, though. Probably won't be too far away.

The Great Albino Hippie
01-06-2005, 12:41 AM
Army women are very tough and can beat up civillian men easy, they came to my skool to shpw us army stuff and they were very strong. the women i met were very intellignt too maybe that would be good on front line also

theundeadhero
01-06-2005, 12:55 AM
I'm not saying I'm against it. I was just presenting the facts.

Crazy the Clown
01-06-2005, 01:56 AM
I dig.

gokufusionss1
01-06-2005, 01:25 PM
there is a slight inferiority in female infantry, but the main reason behind the ban is that the men will stop fighting to look after wounded women and the whole structure of attack breaks down. You could have all woman infantry i suppose but the logistics in shipping all those tampons would be too much hassle.

Little Mage
01-06-2005, 01:34 PM
there is a slight inferiority in female infantry, but the main reason behind the ban is that the men will stop fighting to look after wounded women and the whole structure of attack breaks down. You could have all woman infantry i suppose but the logistics in shipping all those tampons would be too much hassle.

You have a good point there. I went to join the Army not so long ago and the job that I decided to go for meant that I had to be trained as a front line soldier. the snag was because I am a woman I am not allowed to actually BE a front line soldier. so it applys all over the place at the moment but all it would take is for someone to say that the Army is being sexist and all that could change.

DeBlayde
01-06-2005, 11:06 PM
Women are seen by nearly all societies as more important than men and deserving of more protection. while the society might say, "we don't value an opinion given by a woman," they very jealously protect their wives, sisters, mothers and daughters.

therefore, many societies aren't ready to place their daughters, sisters and young mothers into harm's way.