PDA

View Full Version : FFII Team

Buster Sword Strike
01-06-2005, 12:46 AM
What are you trying to make your character's like. :confused:
(E.G.) I'm planning on making Firion like a Paladin(warrior with white magic), Maria a Powerful red mage(medium attack, STRONG :tongue: magic), Gus will be my tank character :cool: , and when I get Leon he'll be my Dark knight(Very strong attacks and some strong black magic).

So what do you plan on your characters becoming good at?

theundeadhero
01-06-2005, 01:17 AM
I give all my charcters the basic cure, fire, ice,lightning, life, esuna spells. Frionell usees a sword and shield. Maria uses a bow and any other magic I see useful. Guy uses bare fists.

DJZen
01-06-2005, 02:07 AM
Firion is my paladin, Maria is my black mage, Guy is my Viking. It is SO a class! Yeah-huh!

Kawaii Ryűkishi
01-06-2005, 02:17 AM
Frioniel is the sword dude. Maria is the bow girl. Guy is the barefisted guy. Lionheart is Sword Dude 2: The Revenge.

Flamethrower
01-06-2005, 02:20 AM
Originally, I tried to make Firion a white mage/paladin, Maria a black mage, and Guy a fighter, but I ended up making them all more like Red Mages.

Firion:
Weapon: Sword
Primary Magic: Fire, Holy, Esuna, Cure

Maria:
Weapon: Bow
Primary Magic: Blizzard, Ultima, Cure

Guy:
Weapon: Two Axes
Primary Magic: Thunder, Flare, Cure

Leon:
Weapon: Javalin (I know a sword would be better, but for some reason I want all my guys to have different weapons)
Primary Magic: None (so far)

rubah
01-06-2005, 02:44 AM
*Coughs* No one's especially good at anything at the moment.

Frioni[el] has a sword. he smacks things around with t3h sword for a while. Eventually I'll build up his flare spell. perhaps.

Maria has a cane. Currently the cane is doing 0 dmg to just about everyone, including herself. I'm not entirely sure why this is so. *blinks* but it's sure annoying. So she's become my white mage, since she's got the good curing/life spells. She's got the second highest hp I think too:D

Guy is my black mage/ax guy. He's got ultima and he's got the axes. It's pretty awesome. Although since Maria can't do damage, he doesn't get the chance to cast all that often, gotta make up the damage amounts. And besides, everyone else usually gets some sort of status ailment and he's got to whack the enemies with his ax. alone ;_;

And because I haven't gone all the way to the top of that paramekium (or whatever?) castle to go. . .interact with leonhe[art] okay, so I have, but I walked away as soon as I realized where I was. I still have richard, the big nosed dragoon:D He also has a sword and deals similar damage as frioni[el]. He has next to no spells, which is just okay, because for most of the above mentioned castle, he had no mp either. So I figured I wouldn't waste my single ether and [four!!!!!111] elixirs on him. but I think I did anyways, but it's a moot point because I'll have to walk all the way back now. stupid castle. and airship.

I'm sooo gonna die:D except I have to walk all the way up that castle again. should be fairly good stat building time. and stuff. that's why I left in the first place, so I could beef them up in peace -_-

DJZen
01-06-2005, 07:49 AM
Be selective in building stats and all will be well.

Captain Maxx Power
01-06-2005, 11:55 AM
All are warrior-based red mages in my party. And it shall be no other way!

Doors
01-06-2005, 12:11 PM
All of them were front out fighters.I think one of them could have qualified as a FF1 style knight. XD.Well 360 damage on a normal encounter right after Josef hehe.Borgan one hit. :cool:

Kawaii Ryűkishi
01-06-2005, 12:19 PM
As far as magic goes, I have everyone get Cure
Raise (Life)
Esuna
Haste
Protect
Wall
Barrier
Fire
Blizzard
Thunder
Holy
Flare
Drain
Aspell (Osmose)For the fifteenth slot, Frioniel gets Toad, and everyone else gets Berserk. For the sixteenth slot, Frioniel gets Ultima, Maria gets Aura, Guy gets Teleport, and Lionheart gets De-Dungeon (Warp).

mythus
01-06-2005, 07:54 PM
I had Firon as my paladin/white mage... though he did also use lightning based spells.
Mira was of course my mage. She used white and black magic, though her speciality was cure... used thgat one way too often.
Guy was my barbarian wack things with 2 axes. I also had him learn fire based attacks.
My 4th slot guy was depending on who it was...
~Mindu was all powerfrul mage
~Joseph was my monk
~ Richard was my lancer
~ Leon was my black knight of death

I can't recall any other 4th slot vitctims... been a little while since i played it, as I am currently on the verge of completeing FF5

rubah
01-07-2005, 12:25 AM
Be selective in building stats and all will be well.

Increasingly, I'm being forced to be. what with maria suddenly not doing damage anymore-_-

I've got a long walk back to the airship to mull it all over though:)

Incidentally, what good is aura? I've never quite found out. Yay for ambiguous sounding spells!

theundeadhero
01-07-2005, 01:38 AM
It causes characters to do more damage in battle.

DarkLadyNyara
01-23-2005, 08:51 PM
I did: Firion-swords (Blood sword and excalibur)
Maria-magic (both kinds)
Guy-axes(both rune axes)
Leon-Taught him haste for the final battle, didn't use him for much else
I never use sheilds, I just level up HP and stamina (and cure), and try to kill everything quickly.

abrojtm
01-23-2005, 10:27 PM
I thought that making characters Red Mages was actually detremental? (Int up lowers Spirit and vice versa, does it not?)

Nevertheless, Firion = Sword/Spear/Black Magic
Maria= Mace/Dagger/White Magic
Guy= Sword/Axe
Leon=Sword/Shield

crashNUMBERS
01-30-2005, 10:57 PM
ill make firion a ninja-like thief with a spear.
maria will be a white mage with a light sword (as in light and heavy).
guy can be a fighter with an axe and a dagger.
And leon shall be a paladin with a sword and a shield.

HELL YEAH :freak:

DJZen
01-31-2005, 12:27 AM
I had Firon as my paladin/white mage... though he did also use lightning based spells.
Mira was of course my mage. She used white and black magic, though her speciality was cure... used thgat one way too often.
Guy was my barbarian wack things with 2 axes. I also had him learn fire based attacks.

Fire and Lightning based spells? There's only one of each you know. Even Flare is non-elemental.

I thought that making characters Red Mages was actually detremental? (Int up lowers Spirit and vice versa, does it not?)

Not quite. Intelligence lowers spirit, spirit lowers strength, strength lowers intelligence.

It causes characters to do more damage in battle.

Again, close, but not quite. It gives your attacks elemental properties. Which properties depends on the level. I'm not 100% on this, but I believe that it goes Ice, Body, Poison, Death, Lightning, Mind and Fire. After that it just becomes more likely that the spell will work.

RedCydranth
01-31-2005, 08:15 PM
Here's my Characters:

Frioniel: 2 Blood Swords level 16 (Sheild in item reserve)
Magic: Cure 10, Swap 7

Maria: Spear and Shield
Magic: Ultima 16, Esuna 8, Fire 10 Cure 11, Swap 7

Guy: Excalibur and Masamune level 16 (Shield in reserve)
Magic: Cure 14, Basuna 8, Esuna 8, Swap 8

Lionheart: Does it matter? He sucked in my game, by the time i got to the storypoint where he joins, the other 3 were gods.

The rest of the 4 Player people were the same, the only on who could do ANYTHING was the pirate chick Layla, Richard wasn't that great, and Mindu helped early on.

DJZen
02-01-2005, 03:39 AM
Hoo boy..... I just learned how foolish my decisions in equipping my characters were. I had no idea how easy it was to completely cripple your own characters without even realizing it....

Suffice to say my Paladin, Black Mage, Axe-Master, Red Mage team needs some serious re-considering...

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-01-2005, 03:48 AM
Again, close, but not quite. It gives your attacks elemental properties. Which properties depends on the level. I'm not 100% on this, but I believe that it goes Ice, Body, Poison, Death, Lightning, Mind and Fire. After that it just becomes more likely that the spell will work.http://www.eyesonff.com/ff2/Magic%20-%20Growing.shtml

DJZen
02-01-2005, 03:59 AM
That chart doesn't say which attributes the spell gives you though, it just lists the color of the aura. Handy if you're a candy kid, not so much if you're trying to take down Asteroth.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-01-2005, 04:15 AM
See the column right next to it, where the defensive layers of Barrier are listed? The layers of Aura are the same, except offensive.

Dassureth
02-01-2005, 09:18 PM
it just seems everybody puts Frion with a sword. shows how much the starting equip/stats influence ppls decisions.

My plan after mastering FF1 (while playing ff11, which is hard) is...

Frion = Javelins with Status curing/Raise stuff.
Maria = Full out Fighter, possibly Cures if i feel like it.
Guy = Black Mage, mainly Ice
Leon = Well, i'll decided when i get him.

I like to be different, muha.