PDA

View Full Version : i'M NeW!!

silent_ultima
01-06-2005, 02:20 PM
hey guys..
i've just bought my PS2, (finally) and now i'm digging into final fantasy x, anyone got any tips 4 me? currently i'm at mi'ihen road... help me! :P

Xander
01-06-2005, 02:40 PM
Hi, welcome to the forums. =) Is there anything in particular you are having trouble with there?

My best tip would basically be that if any battles seem difficult just level up! Usually if you level up enough you won't have any problems. Find out what an enemy is weak against, use that, cure enough and level your characters. That's it really. FFX is pretty easy if you just level a little bit. ^_^

alexholker
01-06-2005, 03:06 PM
I am also new here, so I thought I'd say hi too.

Expanding on Xander's post, 'camping' at a save sphere and levelling can be a good idea. If you are expecting trouble with a boss, charge up everyones' Overdrive bars while you are at it. If you have access to it, the best Overdrive mode for general battles would be Slayer, while Warrior is more useful during boss fights.

Alex

Old Manus
01-06-2005, 04:51 PM
The thing you must do is play blitzball for a.g.e.s until you get all wakka's overdrives.

Flying Mullet
01-06-2005, 04:52 PM
Don't forget to look for the Phoenix Pheather on Mi'ihen Road that you can give to an old man later in the game and in return he'll give you the password to revive Aeris in FFX as a playable character.

Old Manus
01-06-2005, 04:53 PM
THIS IS SPARTA!

silent_ultima
01-09-2005, 05:35 AM
the aeris thingie again huh?? heheheh i've played much FF and won't fall for that trick...

oh currently i'm at the thunder plain (huh?), where those storms never stops, what's the use of the cactuar thingie on the wall? I've heard that it can be used to obtain kimahri's final weapon..

Chelsea
01-15-2005, 05:22 PM
hello :) :) :)

rubah
01-15-2005, 11:39 PM
Press square when the quactuar stones are glowing. Then you'll have quactaurs starting to follow you around. I'm not sure if you only have to do three, or if all six are needed (I'm thinking it's just three, because all six is a bit. . . excessive since you have to do so much friggin' dodging for lulu-_-)

Anyways, then you head to the broken lightning rod tower, pray there, and a chest will come and try to hit you in the head with kimarhi's spirit lance. It's really easy to power up if you like catching butterflies:) (which isn't hard to do really)

also, when you start praying at the stones, quactuars will attack you more often. Very good for the monster arena quest. More stones you pray at, the more quactuars. I've prayed to two, so everytime they attack me there's two there:)

(and have rikku steal from them. makes getting haste-abilities all the faster)

And as for other tips-- I've got a fresh game so all these strategies are in my head:D

Change your overdrives as soon as you get one that's more effective. Stoic isn't really good because you have to lose hp for it to happen. Give tidus wakka auron and possibly kimarhi the 'smack the monster a lot' overdrives yuna is good with the healer one, (pray is free and helps everybody, even if it's just a little. cura and cure obviously boost it up more.) Rikku's fast, so haste her often (especially in macalania¬¬ megapotions stolen from the stick insect dudes. although she likes to go about twenty turns in a row without stealing *anything*) and get Ally. Lulu's good with. . .comrade? I dunno.

Anyways, like I mentioned about macalania, when you get in a battle with the stick insect (I can *not* remember his name, but he likes to come up with a couple of bite bugs, and he's got about 2700 hp) Try to get a chain going. He'll consistantly attack the same character over and over and over and over. Seriously, the first battle I discovered this in, I had a Yuna/Rikku/Auron chain going-- auron would defend, yuna would pray to build her overdrive, rikku was trying to steal that megapotion and using luck everynow and then (didn't help much-_-) every time he went for auron. The second battle I tried this in, he consistantly went for rikku, and I was praying with yuna, but I can't remember what kimarhi was doing. jinx and maybe an occaisional attack.

Anyways, build up your overdrives in macalania. There's several boss battles coming your way (three or four) and a whole lot of forest before the first one. Make sure you use cheer and focus especially, because a little bit of extra strength can turn auron's critical hits into SUPER critical hits and that== more overkills, which equals more exp, which equals higher stats and more abilities:) Lulu is probably your best bet for most of the hard to hit monsters that *aren't* defended against magic. She'll overkill them with the ara spells better than wakka can. (if you dont' have the ara spells, stick around in the thunderplains (more save spheres)

And dangit, you have rikku. If you wanted, kimarhi can be in her sphere section very easily (infact, so easily I went ahead and let him start heading into yuna's grid. with anyluck he'll have holy before her. hahaha) so you could have two thieves. in the thunderplains especially, STEAL FROM THE FRIGGIN' IRON GIANTS.

They have light curtains.

Do you realize what light curtains do when mixed?

Haste=all, regen=all, shell=all, protect=all. And they're friggin' easy to get! You only need two at a time, and they should last you for a number of boss battles before you run into more giants. (which is. . .zanarkand? or omega ruins?) or possibly the dark flan in gagazet. he might have light curtains too.

oh, and because it's difficult to dodge lightning when you have random encounters, try to go for the struck by lightning record-- 30 gets you an ether right? and 80 something else?

silent_ultima
01-16-2005, 05:08 AM
hey thanx rubah! currently i'm at the calm lamd, trying to catch some monsters that old man telling me to. I think i'll do the side-quest (legendary weapons, fight omega weapon,etc) after i've got the airship (they do have airship in this game rite?) :D i still think that this is one of the best FF, although they have too many cutscenes, which is kinda bore if u wanna replay the game... oh and how many cactuar stones were there? I saw one on the desert (u know.. at the al-bhed HOME), and does monster catching gives me anything in return?

silent_ultima
01-16-2005, 05:22 AM
huh?? Fight against seymore? didn't i just killed him back then? When he merge with sum Mortibody b*TcH?? Don't tell me he'll keep coming back.. that sounds scary... and where's the best place to level up now that i'm at the calm land?

alexholker
01-16-2005, 05:39 AM
huh?? Fight against seymore? didn't i just killed him back then? When he merge with sum Mortibody b*TcH?? Don't tell me he'll keep coming back.. that sounds scary... and where's the best place to level up now that i'm at the calm land?Killing him didn't stop him the first time, did it? :eek:

Alex

silent_ultima
01-16-2005, 05:43 AM
uhh.. yeah u've got a point there.. but i tot that the last time i've fought seymore.. that's his true color.. well i guess i was wrong... damn it i hate that gay b*tcH moFo

DynasticJam
01-16-2005, 09:32 AM
Basically, try not to skip any sphere nodes on the sphere grid (unless of course the node is empity) Just try to get through the sphere grid as much as you can, spend time batteling to level up your characters, and get all your characters/fighters to get a turn during battle, fight with the right characters, if its a flyer then leave it to wakka, if its a fast monster then tidus will handle them, if its anything to do with magic, then lulu comes in pretty handy, and...well, you get my drift. Soon, by using the sphere grid, all of your characters will have masterd eachothers skills and magic, then, you can do battles easy! :D

Emily52
01-16-2005, 11:00 AM
You still have to get to the top of Mt. Gagazet before you fight Seymour. So you have plenty of time.

silent_ultima
01-16-2005, 11:07 AM
hey where's the best place to level up my character? I thinkthat calm land fiend sucks.. just one hit and they all go down the drain..

chilpepper
01-26-2005, 06:46 AM
Don't forget to look for the Phoenix Pheather on Mi'ihen Road that you can give to an old man later in the game and in return he'll give you the password to revive Aeris in FFX as a playable character.
do u mean the old road or new road? im a bit confused, ive trained for hours along those roads and apart from the mars crest i havent found anything usefull :S

silent_ultima
01-26-2005, 10:46 AM
he's just messing with your head, chilpepper.

Not even one FF that u can revive Aeris, even in the FF 7.

Face the fact. She's as dead as Seymore.

Greeneyes
01-27-2005, 02:01 AM
('camping' at a save sphere and levelling can be a good idea)

(spend time batteling to level up your characters)

(build up your overdrives in macalania)

Sorry for newbie question, but what does "leveling up" and "building up the Overdrive" mean?

How does one

1)"level up"?

2)"Buildup the Overdrive"?

Is "leveling up" the same as saving at the Sphere?

rubah
01-27-2005, 04:07 AM
levelling is when you use the sphere grid to increase your stats.

You build up your overdrives by performing the preset requirements:) In the status menu under overdrive, you can hit cancel, then right to see what overdrive setting you have for each character.
If it's on stoic, that character needs to be hit by the enemy to build overdrive,
ally means they need to take a lot of turns (in battle, push right to switch your weapon or armor. This takes less time than anything else)
comrade means other people need to be hit by the enemy,
healer means that character needs to heal other people
Warrior mode has to hit the enemy
Victor needs to be in the party when the battles are won,
Hero needs to be the one to kill a strong beast (or possibly with an overkill)
slayer just needs to kill something
tactician needs to inflict status ailments,
Dancer needs to evade attacks,
Sufferer needs to be inflicted with statuses and take turns.
Victim (er actually, I'm starting to think this is what I said sufferer is@.@)
Daredevil builds overdrive when taking turns in critical (yellow) health,
and Loner takes turn when they're the ONLY one in battle.

Kamrusepas
01-27-2005, 05:39 AM
Best place to level up is the Zanarkand Ruins, especially the Dome with the robots.

The monster catching really pays off, you get all kinds of items you can use to customize your weapons.

And about the Blitzball, I only have Wakka's first overdrive and I just finished the game.

The only thing you really need to finish the game, is Auron[:love:]'s Masamune, which for some reason is the easiest to get. It took one hit from Auron to finish the final boss.

And if you're trying to acquire Dark Matter, it's a b*tch. You have to capture five of each monster in the Monster Arena. But eventually, it's worth it :)

rubah
01-27-2005, 11:10 PM
Dark matter isn't that bad.

Just start working on maxing the sphere grid. You'll end up fighting those bosses in the monster arena so many times that the random drops add up like crazy.

I think I've customized two weapons with break damage limit like that. One with the ones you get from capturing, (I think it was on rikku's capture weapon. or yuna's. one of those, ironically) and another to make tidus' excalibur. (psh, who needs caladbolg, NOT ME!)

Greeneyes
01-31-2005, 12:35 AM
rubah, thanks very much for the detailed explaination :)