PDA

View Full Version : Beat it over more than once

Chelsea
01-06-2005, 10:56 PM
I've beaten it 4 times and it's still not boring playing FF x. How bout u? :confused:

rubah
01-07-2005, 12:40 AM
I've 'beaten' it more times than I've played the game-- doing the monster sidequest I'll randomly go into Sin and past the point of no return, just to see how my levels are getting:) The ending makes me cry any time I see it, it would seem:)

But officially I think I've completed. . . two or three games. one=first game, two= either a current game or another one. I don't remember if I did the monster arena the first time or not. It seems like there was another game in here where I hit it hard and heavy, but there may not. [third]current time, which I'm still working on is my uber monster arena game:)

For the one I've just started (still in Kilika) I hope to finally get all those stupid al bhed primers. I've missed some of them every single time (especially in home and bevelle) and sometimes when I am consciously thinking 'GET THE STUPID PRIMER THIS TIME'

still lots of fun:) except when wakka and lulu keep yelling at you 'tidus, you dork, let us do it!' or 'yuna, you silly girl, you can't possibly hope to kill these monsters even if later on you will pwnze me totally with your 255 strength'

*~Nirvana~*
01-07-2005, 02:46 AM
I've beaten it twice and the only reason why I don't wanna play it again is because I hate the fact that you have to fight Braska's final aeon (He's just too hard for me and I hate seeing the game over screen 5 times in a row, GRRRRR) But after playing it through twice, I'm already finding it rather repetitive and boring.

theundeadhero
01-07-2005, 03:43 AM
It's one of them few games I've only beaten once.

sayen
01-07-2005, 02:09 PM
i played it though onece and lost to boses bout 2-3 times i just started again but dont have time i only just got up to the first closter of trials in besiad village pitaful i know.

DMKA
01-07-2005, 02:10 PM
I've beaten it atleast 5 times.

rcabronx
01-07-2005, 02:37 PM
I'm on my third go thru now, and it's still totally fun. I have different goals every time I play. First time around was to just beat the thing. 2nd was to do monster arena, which I did, but I've never beaten Nemesis yet, so that's actually a sub goal in this run. Now in my 3rd run, my ultimate goal is to fill up the entire sphere grid, so I'm on my like 97th hour of gameplay. It's really time consuming, but there are some great tricks to getting things done faster. Would any of you believe that whenever I'd run out of Power spheres and the like, I used to go ALLLLL the way to Zanarkand and fight the machina there with distillers for like 2 whole hours to get the max amount of Power etc spheres. I am SUCH a loser. But I found out you can just beat the crap out of Kottos in the M.A. with distillers and the dude gives you FORTY of them... Lots of wasted hours.... :mad2: But now, I'm flying! Hopefully I'll be able to do it, cuz fortune spheres are really hard to come by.... :mad:

rubah
01-08-2005, 04:58 AM
fortune spheres are a joy for me, because I've started to take nearly sadistic pleasure in trying to beat earth eater.

death proof seems to help a lot though. with the first two counterattacks. then he just does like 2000 damage. x2 and then he's down and the fun begins:D rikku-> mix->light curtains x2, then have two people quick hit and one person pray once in a while. Well, that's with ~250 magicdef and agility, but still.

It beats using the magus sisters. which is what I did for the longest time. I remember being so proud when I would kill it with passado, 'cause that was an overkill and you got *two* fortune spheres for that!:D

and now he's overkilled every time. *shrugs*

I want to beat nemesis now-_- I have a couple of freshmen in band at school that I discuss final fantasy with, and one of them was doing the monster arena and I was cheering him on to beat neslug, and now he's gone and beat nemesis, whereas I'm too lazy to go and finish out the cavern of the stolen fayth (stupid tonberries!) and inside sin. (haha omega ruins! you were pwnzed!)

Mmm kottos. It's so much nicer when he doesn't kill you every time and you don't have to use auron defending with counterattack. It really really is. Every time I messed up the timing it was just *that* close to death, and you just had to weigh whether autolife would be faster or going and hasting would let you have another turn to use sentinel. . . man I'm glad that's over for now:D

97 hours of gameplay? I think I was doing the cactuar sidequest at 100 hours, because I kept a 100:00 save in bikanel:D it's so funny^_^

AfterTaste
01-08-2005, 10:59 PM
265 hours of gameplay... seriously

Adam 77
01-09-2005, 11:02 AM
I got up to 365 hours of gameplay and i have done everything in that time i got full status for all characters including HP and MP but the best thing im proud of is that i beat all the dark aeons and penance without yojimbo. And i have done this game twice so far im just going through the game now for fun (FFX Rocks)

LastCetra
01-09-2005, 12:12 PM
FFX did rock! It was the first game after VII that I played through again as soon as I finished it, because the story was so good. I just played it for 250 hours and I still can't beat penance. Grr

Adam 77
01-09-2005, 01:21 PM
i know tell me about it it took me loads of goes to beat penance especially when he uses judgement day on you that move is so annoying :mad2: but after a while i finally beat him :D i think he is by far the best challenge on any final fantasy game.

01-09-2005, 05:19 PM
ive only played once. i feel like playing again.

DaggerFlux
01-09-2005, 07:24 PM
i have played the game over a few times now, n i dunt mind doin it cuz its my fave game ever!!!!

every time i say "oh im gunna do all the dark aeons and penance this time"

but i never do.

DynasticJam
01-10-2005, 08:05 AM
twice beaten by me, but now i'm trying to complete everything! :D

rcabronx
01-10-2005, 02:32 PM
See I'm in Canada, so I don't get to fight the dark aeons and penance. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to take a whack at that guy boy... i've read so much about him and the dark aeons on this board, but alas, i don't get to fight him... :( Nemesis is really the only challenge i get in my game..... after i finish this, i GOTTA finally try and beat ruby and emerald, but that's a different thread altogether! beat omega (in part 8) tho. :D

m4tt
01-10-2005, 03:21 PM
It's been a while since I played FFX, I think I've beaten it twice. I'm thinking about playing it again after FFX-2.

Little Miss Awesome
01-13-2005, 10:49 PM
I've only got the Evrae on X because I'm stuck on it! It's really annoying, it always kills me when it casts haste on itself!

Del Murder
01-17-2005, 02:40 AM
It's been a while since I played FFX, I think I've beaten it twice. I'm thinking about playing it again after FFX-2.
This is what I did. I'm on my second playthrough now, and all I have left to do is beat Nemesis.

FoulDrow
01-19-2005, 01:03 AM
...I think I've found a bug in the game...after U collect all eons,visit all temples again,solve the puzzles and U get auto life until the game ends-U cann't die!!...is this common or all discs in my country have a glich?????

alexholker
01-19-2005, 04:56 AM
It isn't a glitch - just something which might be considered by some to have been a bad idea. By that stage you probably don't need the auto-life, it just removes the challenge.

Alex

Luc
01-19-2005, 06:14 AM
I've beaten it once, and I pray that I never play a game that's as bad as that one.

UltimateSpamGrover
01-19-2005, 07:29 AM
I've beaten it once, and I pray that I never play a game that's as bad as that one.

Whew, at least I'm not the only one who thought that.

SeeDRankLou
01-19-2005, 05:19 PM
I've beaten it at least five times. I find the story very compelling and addicting for the first like 2/3's of the game. I usually find myself not being able to put the game down from the beginning until after Operation Mi'ihen is done. I don't know why that just seems like a stopping point for me, but that's really the first place in the game that feels like a stopping point. And I'll probably play it again.

§håd0w
01-19-2005, 08:25 PM
It one of those games that has a real high replay value. Plus if you have Intl. or PAL versions, there are always the extra bosses such as Penance.