PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy I - VI Rereleases

Despotus
01-07-2005, 07:47 AM
I haven't played any of the first 6 Final Fantasy games :cry: , and have read people's posts raving about some of them, especially 4 and 6. So I am wondering if any of these have been rereleased for the Playstation (or PS2). This will probably be a really short thread, but I am dying to play these games. Knowing that I can still find them and play them would really make my day... (or year...) :D

Super Christ
01-07-2005, 08:00 AM
All of them have, except for FFIII, which has yet to be released outside of Japan at all.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
01-07-2005, 09:04 AM
Remakes of FFI and II and ports of FFIV-VI were released for the PlayStation, and FFIII is about to be remade for the Nintendo DS.

Zante
01-07-2005, 09:40 AM
You can also download the Roms of the originals, for example from the EoFF front site.

Despotus
01-08-2005, 04:02 AM
Just the Playstation versions, I dont have an Emulator to play the roms... :(
And, for the rereleases, are they still called FF1, FF2, FF4, etc.? Or have they been renamed? or compiled to form one game..(FF Classics,or something :confused: ) Which should I look for first?

rubah
01-08-2005, 05:48 AM
Emulators aren't difficult to find. VirtualNes is decent, snes9xw is classic.

They're still called the same names, they're just packaged together. As far as I know, anyways. I'm not sure at all which ones are which or how many rereleases there are exactly:)

Kawaii Ryűkishi
01-08-2005, 05:50 AM
In Japan, FFIV-VI were all released individually over the course of three years, and then released together as Final Fantasy Collection. Then FFI and FFII were released--rather unimaginatively--as "Final Fantasy I+II."

In America:
Final Fantasy Origins (FFI and FFII)
Final Fantasy Chronicles (FFIV and Chrono Trigger)
Final Fantasy Anthology (FFV and FFVI)
In Europe:
Final Fantasy Origins (FFI and FFII)
Final Fantasy Anthology (FFIV and FFV)
Final Fantasy VI

UltimateSpamGrover
01-08-2005, 10:17 AM
FF Anthology (if you buy it new) comes with a *gasp* free music CD!

Kawaii Ryűkishi
01-08-2005, 10:26 AM
It's just a few tracks from FFV and FFVI, and they're not even the best tracks.

FFVI comes with a FFX demo in Europe, though.

Despotus
01-09-2005, 07:18 AM
Thanks to all! I will run out and buy Origins, Chronicles, and Anthology today! I can't wait to hear the free C.D.! :D