PDA

View Full Version : Spells That You Wished You Could Use...

Yuffie514
01-07-2005, 07:26 PM
although Ultima is the most powerful spell ever in Final Fantasy, i think there are some that would be able to compare to its power: Maelstrom and Gravija. i've always wanted to use them!

Captain Maxx Power
01-07-2005, 08:01 PM
Cure, then I claim to be the second coming.

mythus
01-07-2005, 08:27 PM
I believe a life spell would also be useful for claiming to be the second coming.

Drain would be a wonderful spell. Then if someone decideds it would be fun to fight me, I could secretly use drain and steal their energy away, replenishing my own. I would also like to use float.

Alexander
01-07-2005, 09:17 PM
I'm not sure if this is the real reason of the topic but XD

I always wanted to use Ultima in FFIX> In FFIX Ultima is sooo freaking strong @.@

Doors
01-07-2005, 10:29 PM
I wish I could use the give-me-1million-spell that the uber secret boss from a very secret novelty FF uses.

rubah
01-08-2005, 05:38 AM
Mute would come in handy irl.

if it had a good accuracy. otherwise people would start wondering things.

as for unobtainable special boss attack spell things, I try not to be envious:) == I don't really notice them, I just say 'ugh, I wish they'd quit using that.'

Martyr
01-08-2005, 05:32 PM
I'm sure that I'd pick something far more deadly, like Zap/X-Zone, if everybody had the capacity for magic use.

But if it was only me, then I'd choose Fire. Just because there isn't always dry wood around, and, evenb if there was, there isn't always a match and I suck at banging rocks together.

Nothing else is really at all practical. Except cure. But if I can't survive on my own, then what good am I? (Especially if I have unlimited access to easily making fire) Right?

finalheaven
01-08-2005, 05:52 PM
hmm..well notreally spells but a GF?..i reall thought i was gonna get Greiver when u named him..i was like ..coool!!!!!!!!no way/.......wow..and to my dissapointment..............what ..hang on..do u mean in real life??..yeah cure would be good...

Mo-Nercy
01-09-2005, 02:40 AM
Maelstrom and Gravija. \
Downside. You'll never kill anyone with those. The former does 1/2 current HP and Blinds, the latter 3/4 of current HP. Ouch.

I'd like Bio or Poison. Kill them slowly...

Ultima Shadow
01-09-2005, 02:53 AM
Auto-Life. :tongue:

Necronopticous
01-09-2005, 02:55 AM
Tekmissle

The Summoner of Leviathan
01-09-2005, 03:05 AM
Awww...We have to pick one...HOW about all of them, that would be awesoem to be a white/black/blue/summoner/any other kind mage!!!:):):):)

rubah
01-09-2005, 03:07 AM
Eventually if you use gravity magic long enough, you'll be able to poke whoever you're feuding with and they'll fall over. Excellent for alibis.

*out in the open at a mall or a restuarant*

"Mr. Villain sir, I've been casting demi3 at you under the table for about an hour now. Will you agree to my terms or not?"
"Mrs. Heroine, I find I cannot do that. I still don't see why I should."
[fake shouting] "Oh Villain, I love you!" *reaches over as though to kiss or hug* "OMGOMGOMGOMG HE'S DEAD!!!! WAITER, WAITER!"

Martyr
01-09-2005, 03:26 AM
Wait, what If I could cast Haste!
I'd be, like, awesome!

turnitup5000db
01-09-2005, 11:27 AM
Hmm, well, I always wanted to compare the power of Meteo and Ultima, but I'll put that aside for a moment. Lets see here... just for fun i'd want to be able to summon bahamut. He'd be my pet dragon. I'd keep him in a shoebox under my bed. And while I'm at it, I should probably wish for the ability to summon moogles and chocobos to feed him. I can't afford to feed something like that lol just kidding all you animal lovers out there.

Captain Maxx Power
01-09-2005, 11:43 AM
Infact scratch that, I'll go with reflect. That way if anyone tried to lay the smackdown upon me with spells they'll get a faceful of their own merchandise.

LastCetra
01-09-2005, 12:00 PM
The Supernova summon in ff7. IT WAS SOOOOOOOOOOO COOL

Rase
01-10-2005, 01:58 AM
Either Haste, Cure, or Stop. :)

Crazy the Clown
01-14-2005, 04:19 AM
Infact scratch that, I'll go with reflect. That way if anyone tried to lay the smackdown upon me with spells they'll get a faceful of their own merchandise.

That would do you no good against Meteor or Ultima.

Mirage
01-14-2005, 04:56 AM
Haste would be rather cool. Imagine your attackers moving in slow motion, being able to dodge every single attack. :}

strawberryman
01-14-2005, 05:15 AM
METEOR-(the ff7 one)who could go wrong with that?
and as somebody else said-
ULTIMA-(ff9 version)
it would be cool if I could control "the void" from FF5
but if I had to choose one...
probably Pain from FF8- MAKE THEM SUFFER!
MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
(I am a truly evil being, no?:radred:)

Flamethrower
01-14-2005, 01:07 PM
METEOR-(the ff7 one)who could go wrong with that?

Well, destroying the entire planet along with you in it could be considered "going wrong".

Ultima Shadow
01-14-2005, 03:00 PM
That would do you no good against Meteor or Ultima.
And countless other spells as well.

Well, destroying the entire planet along with you in it could be considered "going wrong".
Yes, indeed.

Actually... I think I would like to be able to use "vanish"!!! :D

Yuffie514
01-14-2005, 06:25 PM
\
Downside. You'll never kill anyone with those. The former does 1/2 current HP and Blinds, the latter 3/4 of current HP. Ouch.

I'd like Bio or Poison. Kill them slowly...

i don't have to kill someone with them, i just think they make really cool spells. Ultimecia's Maelstrom is much stronger than Edea's 'cuz it took out around 6,000 of each of my party's HP (and they all had 9,999 HP).

Flamethrower
01-14-2005, 09:46 PM
I don't understand why so many of you would rather have black magic spells like Ultima or Meteor rather than healing spells like Cure or Esuna. You know, spells that would actually help and benefit mankind, not spells that would help you get revenge on the bully from 6th grade who called you a doodiehead and gave you a wedgie.

Yuffie514
01-14-2005, 10:45 PM
well, a Red-Magic wouldn't be bad. then i can cure people i like and beat up people i don't like. :p

Zante
01-15-2005, 08:49 AM
I would like to be able to use Fire. :hot:

Martyr
01-15-2005, 02:01 PM
I don't understand why so many of you would rather have black magic spells like Ultima or Meteor rather than healing spells like Cure or Esuna. You know, spells that would actually help and benefit mankind, not spells that would help you get revenge on the bully from 6th grade who called you a doodiehead and gave you a wedgie.

So... Is that what you would choose? Cure or "Esuna." (Heal)

I think that white magic is ridiculous.

Time magic is where it's at. Haste and Stop/Slow, yo! I'd stop time and wander around. Or maybe I'd cast haste on myself and be the ultimate worker. I'm talking raises in a few days when people see how awesome I am. I mean, Haste could make me rich. Slowing everybody else would make me richer!

And again, many black magic spells are quite useful. I mean, meteo and ultima are kind of worthless unless you're out to die with a bang. But elemental spells definately have their place. Fire will help you with almost anything, Lightning can probably be harnessed for electricical purposes (Especially low level Lit magics), and Ice can keep things cold, frozen, or it could be cast as water (Or so I hope). Plus they can help you defend yourself and amuse spectators.

And you want to learn cure when we already have lots of hospitals in every city? What the heck? Cure is like the only spell that we already do know.

Flamethrower
01-15-2005, 02:29 PM
Hospitals can't instantly cure you though. Why take months to recover from pain when you can do it in seconds? Just imagine if someone you loved got in a bad carwreck, and was put in the hospital on life support. Whereas a hospital couln't do much, and even if they could, it would take a looong time before your loved one would be back to normal, you could save them instantly by casting Cure on them. In addition to helping others, you could easily help yourself. Some bully punchs you in the face? BOOM! One shot of Cure and you're back on your feet.

Mirage
01-15-2005, 03:34 PM
And countless other spells as well.

Yes, indeed.

Actually... I think I would like to be able to use "vanish"!!! :D

I cancel my earlier statement, and agree with Ultima Shadow.

Aphelion
01-15-2005, 05:46 PM
Cure would be fine. If you get into a fight (and you're losing big time), just heal yourself, kick your enemy's knee, when he falls, kick him 5 times, wait for him to get up, punch his mouth, put your hands aroud his neck, lift him up, throw him against a wall, kick his knee again, crush his head agains a window or something, throw him on the ground, put your foot on his head, then kick his stomach, wait for hi to get up...and the rest, I leave to your imagination. Thanks for your time.

Martyr
01-16-2005, 04:26 AM
What if your opponent is a flying metal bird that launches missiles? Or a giant metal turtle os sorts that launches, uh, gigantic bullets (And missiles)?

In any event, cure definately has it's place. It just seems too passive an option when the opportunity to perform in ways that no human has ever been able to perform comes up.

By the way, I'm leaving, and I probably won't return for a long time. Bye.

Del Murder
01-22-2005, 11:01 PM
Return, from FFV. I would be able to do anything over again.