PDA

View Full Version : I need help in ct!!! contains spoilers

Glenn and Lucca 4Ever
01-08-2005, 12:22 AM
i need help in chrono trigger!!!! I jus resurrected Crono and I have magus but the prob is, i want to do new game+ but to do that, I gotta kill lavos in the black omen but the door is locked shut. Do i have to do anything regarding the sidequests?

theundeadhero
01-08-2005, 02:40 AM
You can start a new+ game by getting to Lavos any of the 3 ways. As for the Black Omen, it's only open in one time period if I remember right. It's been a while since I've beaten it.

Glenn and Lucca 4Ever
01-08-2005, 03:21 AM
k thanx man! i'm gonna try your theory

Super Christ
01-08-2005, 09:30 AM
Actually, it's only locked in one time period. The future, specifically.

And you can always get to lavos from the bucket at the end of time, as well as there being a setting on the Epoch that takes you directly there.

Doomgaze
01-08-2005, 09:03 PM
Yeah, but those won't earn you a new game +. You need to go through the Black Omen (in any period except for the future, as has been mentioned)

theundeadhero
01-08-2005, 10:58 PM
They open a new+ game.

Hiroshino
01-15-2005, 12:36 AM
Yeah, the Black Omen's door can only be opened in 12,000 B.C., 600 A.D., 1000 A.D., but not in 2300 A.D. because in the Future, Lavos had already consumed the world or something like that. Queen Zeal comments about something along those lines when you first go to the Black Omen in the Future.

And when you don't have the option to choose New Game +, to get this option, you must go through the Black Omen and afterwards, defeat Lavos. You do not have to do the Side Quests either. Just go through the Black Omen, destroy it, kill Lavos, wait for the screen to say The End and hear a repeating song, and then reset the game and you'll have the New Game + option.

theundeadhero
01-15-2005, 01:05 AM
This might be a difference in SNES and PS versions because I have no problem starting a new+ game without going through the black omen on my SNES version.

Hiroshino
01-15-2005, 04:27 AM
This might be a difference in SNES and PS versions because I have no problem starting a new+ game without going through the black omen on my SNES version.

Really? I've had Chrono Trigger for the SNES. I had accidentally erased all the files and it took the option for New Game + off as well. Naturally, I had to start over and face crap from a friend and his friend who didn't like me. But anyway, I had skipped the Black Omen and went to beat Lavos and I had gotten the ending where Crono and Marle are floating on the balloons and there was no New Game +. So eventually, whether I did the Side Quests or not, I had gone through the Black Omen and destroyed it. Then after beating Lavos, with Crono and Magus by the way, I had gotten the regular ending I guess. Then, after the ending, the credits, and seeing the screen say The End and hearing Marle's Theme Song or the same identical song that Gaspar called Memories of Crono, repeat over and over, I had reset the game. When the game comes back to the screen with the files and the New Game option, it had added the New Game + option again.

I had Chrono Trigger for the Play Station but I never got the chance to play it at all unfortunately.

Doomgaze
01-15-2005, 05:56 AM
You remember incorrectly.

theundeadhero
01-15-2005, 06:01 AM
I don't remember incorrectly. My game is in the SNES right now. Theres only one saved game, right before Lavos. The black omen hasn't been gone through and I can start a new+ game.

EDIT: Okay, I think I might of figured this out. Does new+ game stay on the cartridge for all time after it gets there? I bought the game used and in time saved over all the games that was on it. With those games gone, would new+ game still be available? I wish I still had my original copy, then I would know.

Hiroshino
01-15-2005, 08:08 PM
Yeah, if you saved over all three files on the game, and you had already gotten New Game +, it'll still be there.

What I had done was accidentally delete all the files and took off New Game + and such, but I didn't mean to and had to start completely from scratch.

Since you already have New Game + on your cartridge, it doesn't matter how you beat the game since regardless, you have New Game +.

I'm talking about if the only option was New Game and you had to start from scratch.