PDA

View Full Version : Ella Enchanted (The BOOK)

Rye
01-08-2005, 12:57 AM
Anyone read the book? I absolutly love it. It's one of my favourites. The movie is horrible compared to the book. The movie went so far off the plot line of the book it's not even funny.

The book is much more serious and beautiful, rather than silly and Anne Hathaway-ish.

The book is original, but it does incorperate some Cinderella in some parts of it, closer to the end. I really liked that.

kikimm
01-08-2005, 01:26 AM
Yep---I think I've read it 3 times. Which is more than any book I've red, although it's nowhere near being my favorite. There's something familiar about it now, though, when I read it. And there are probably a few parts that will never lose its magic. I loved Char's and Ella's letters, for instance. :) One of the most enjoyable parts of the book, along with the part where she finally breaks down and cries, then breaks her curse.

The movie, however...even though I love the book, there's nothing anyone can do to get me to watch that. Anne Hathaway as Ella? Yuck. She's too...gangly...even though Ella was a clutz, there was something elegant about her. Anne hthaway doesn't have the same quality.

:D

Rye
01-08-2005, 01:34 AM
I don't like Anne. To me, she's a book to movie ruiner. She ruined the movies to my other favourite series, The Princess Diaries. She just does NOT fit as those characters. It's like Angelina Jolie as I dunno... Hermione in the Harry Potter movies.

kikimm
01-08-2005, 01:40 AM
xD Exactly. But my hate for her might be in part due to her teeth. My mom works for a dentist, so I've always noticed teeth...but I'll be nice.:) I completely agree with you though.

:D