PDA

View Full Version : Who is better for Cloud Aeris or Tifa what do u think?

ForsakenStrife
01-08-2005, 04:11 AM
I think Tifa is the better choice.

CLOUD RULES!!!

battousai9439
01-08-2005, 04:24 AM
Well, I think Aerith...

Why do you think that Tifa is a better choice?

redxiiii
01-08-2005, 11:32 AM
:D Tifa is the better choice because cloud and tifa have history and go together well :D

nik0tine
01-08-2005, 11:35 AM
I think Aeris, because I like her better.

TheAbominatrix
01-08-2005, 11:39 AM
I prefer Tifa. Hopefully this thread wont turn into one big argument.

nik0tine
01-08-2005, 11:44 AM
I prefer Tifa.

WHAT!?!?! That is teh dumbest ting i have ever heard!!!!11one! why would anyone prefer tifa i mean she is stupid and she sucks and her hair is too long! You are N00B!!!

TheAbominatrix
01-08-2005, 11:48 AM
WHAT!?!?! That is teh dumbest ting i have ever heard!!!!11one! why would anyone prefer tifa i mean she is stupid and she sucks and her hair is too long! You are N00B!!!

*sets nik on fire*

~Tenderness~
01-08-2005, 12:43 PM
I like both pairings :)

Cloud and Tifa better make a move if they ever want their relationship to go anywhere though.

As for Aerith if he can't let go of her then Advent Children could end up being quite a tragic movie. Perhaps his spirit could dwell with hers in their Promised Land but then he'd have to die so his spirit could be free to be with hers. They already communicate spiritually anyway though so perhaps he wouldn't have to die afterall. Maybe that would be even more tragic than him dying though, remaining alive and growing old haunted by her spirit with her being there for him in every way but in body. Hmmm.

I like the way that Aerith openly showed that she was interested in Cloud. She was so open with her feelings that even Cloud noticed someone was interested in him and began to open up.

I also liked Tifa's devotion to Cloud and how she cared for him at Mideel. As an adult she would always be there for him if he needed her. However she wasn't as open about her feelings as Aerith was and with a guy like Cloud you have to be open and take the initiative I think. Tifa said that sometimes words aren't the only things that can tell what you're thinking however sometimes words have to be used. I think in Advent Children Tifa should sit down and tell Cloud exactly how she feels and remind him of all that she's done for him. I wonder how Tifa feels about Aerith still being in his heart, if she feels anything I think she should tell Cloud that too, how she feels that despite everything Aerith is still in his heart. Then it's up to Cloud after that. Personally I think they should have been open about how they felt a long time ago :) I really think Tifa should take a leaf out of Aerith's book and openly show Cloud she's interested in him. Yes Tifa showed she cared deeply for Cloud at Mideel but those aren't the sort of things that happen everyday and sometimes people need people to often remind them that they are interested in them :)

Doors
01-08-2005, 02:03 PM
I think Cloud is an eunuch.By the way he acts.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
01-08-2005, 02:14 PM
Yuffie, man.

BG-57
01-08-2005, 04:33 PM
I think they were both likeable and well balanced characters. I like Aerith a little more than Tifa, but not by a lot.

I found Aerith mysterious and intriguing; she could help Cloud to loosen up and be more impulsive.

I found Tifa an interesting mixture of strength and kindness; she could help emotionally support Cloud's fragile psyche.

So I find them both suitable for Cloud.

finalheaven
01-08-2005, 04:48 PM
i'd say Tifa..i like Tifa more in hte game and i found aerith slightly annoying but thats just IMO. tifa knows that aerith likes cloud and she takes afew steps back..but there is someting there between them..some thing she just can't let go ..buts shes keeps her feelings hidden. Even though she sees cloud geeting close to Aerith.. and still after when she dies.. she still has respect for her.kinda like sisters. ,she helpsed cloud get throught everyoing wwhen he didnt know who he was ..she shares her past with him.i recon Tifas the one for cloud and IMO i think they look cuter as a couple.. oh and i think ~tenderness~ had a good statement even if he/she liked tifa or aerith

Naughty Tifa
01-08-2005, 07:02 PM
Well, withought this turning into a huge LT debate I'd just like to say:

Tifa. Why? Well, they've shared a past together, and to those who think otherwise need to stop denying it. Tifa *IS* Cloud's childhood friend, whether you like it or not. And Tifa understood Cloud in a way that Aeris never could. Tifa loved Cloud for who he was, not because he looked like an ex-boyfriend of hers. *cough*Aeris*cough*

But alas, I'm lazy and I won't type anymore.

Imperia
01-08-2005, 11:31 PM
Either of them can be good for Cloud, but I prefer Tifa since Aeris died. Plus, Aeris was a little too unreal for me.

Flamethrower
01-08-2005, 11:44 PM
Yuffie, man.

Exactly. Yuffie is far superior to Tifa and Aeris. Cloud doesn't know what he's missing...

Aeris, though the deadness thing might get in a way of a good relationship.

ProphecyofChaos
01-09-2005, 05:26 AM
I personally prefer Aeris, although I do think Cloud and Tifa are a good couple as well. I was just wondering something though...how does Aeris' Death make a difference in whether the couple is valid or not? I see this argument a lot and I was just wondering.

battousai9439
01-09-2005, 06:55 AM
I'm just going to say that I think that Cloud & Aerith are better... I'm not going to start another LT debate...

Meat Puppet
01-09-2005, 06:56 AM
In my opinion? Squall.

Yuffie514
01-09-2005, 07:03 AM
i think they all should have a threesome! :D

Azure Chrysanthemum
01-09-2005, 08:40 AM
I prefer Tifa, I liked her character far more than Aeris. Aeris, well, Aeris annoyed me more than a little, and I don't think she was all that suited to Cloud. The fact that she's dead certainly hurts things too.

Zante
01-09-2005, 09:53 AM
How could you forget Baret??? ;)

Realy, I think Cloud is a looner by nature, so neither of them would make a good couple with him.

Captain Red
01-09-2005, 05:59 PM
I would have to go with Aeris. I mean, Cloud's mom always said he needed an older woman to take care of him.

Hawkeye
01-09-2005, 06:50 PM
cloud has tifa truely, and arieth as a sidedish

lol

Xander
01-09-2005, 06:51 PM
Tifa. She was Cloud's lifelong friend, they actually KNEW each other, she cared about him a lot. He hardly knew Aeris. I can't think of any good reason why he'd be better with her.

Naughty Tifa
01-09-2005, 08:35 PM
I would have to go with Aeris. I mean, Cloud's mom always said he needed an older woman to take care of him.

That was once though. And I don't see how that would confirm that Cloud loves her... :D But whatever.

SePhYsBlAdE666
01-09-2005, 09:25 PM
aeris dies so she cant be better she is dead!!!!

Melyna HiRyu
01-10-2005, 12:45 AM
Aeris, without a doubt. I love her to death. Coincidentally, since she's dead, he'd have to go to Tifa. ^.^ Unless in AC they find a way to miraculously bring her back. I would cry for joy and anger at the same time. XD

Edit: but then again, if Sephiroth didn't get pwned by the Buster Blade, and he was good, I'd say he would have to be with Cloud. YAY YAOI!!!! XD

That was once though. And I don't see how that would confirm that Cloud loves her... :D But whatever.

[Off topic: Your sig is hypocritical. x.x By commanding "fangirls" to stay away you're being one yourself. Sorry, I had to bring this up. I honestly mean no offense. That kind of thing jsut bugs me, thats all. x.x Gomen nasai.]

EDIT: Please don't double post. -Murder

Dking'squeen
01-10-2005, 12:47 AM
Cloud and My cat go well together
Or maybe Cloud and the Sky, they go well together too
In seriousness, i think Aerith, there's no real reason though

Cloud&Tifa
01-10-2005, 12:52 AM
What FS said. Aeris (Aerith?) is dead, and while it's all possible, if not probable, that she comes back in dirge of cerberus (as has been hinted at in EGM) I don't think they will be getting together after the tender moment Cloud and Tifa had together on the rocks. (those of you who played the game all the way through know what I'm talking about)

ForsakenStrife
01-10-2005, 01:23 AM
tifa is so much better she is cool, quite, and loves cloud oh and NOT DEAD!

Dking'squeen
01-10-2005, 01:28 AM
what about my cat?
who will love ehr if not Cloud?
*my cat's name is Aerith*
*the other is Tifa*
*my cousin named them*

Naughty Tifa
01-10-2005, 06:26 AM
[Off topic: Your sig is hypocritical. x.x By commanding "fangirls" to stay away you're being one yourself. Sorry, I had to bring this up. I honestly mean no offense. That kind of thing jsut bugs me, thats all. x.x Gomen nasai.]

Hey, it's a joke. :p

Imperia
01-10-2005, 07:07 PM
I wouldn't take Naughty Tifa's sig personally. It's a joke. I think it's pretty humorous.

kazu
01-11-2005, 12:11 AM
Tifa. She was Cloud's lifelong friend, they actually KNEW each other, she cared about him a lot. He hardly knew Aeris. I can't think of any good reason why he'd be better with her.
Not really lifelong x_x Not really...friends from before...(Replay lifestream scene...)

Aerith! He just seemed happier with her, no matter how long they knew each other or whatever anyway...just my opinion.

battousai9439
01-11-2005, 06:22 AM
What FS said. Aeris (Aerith?) is dead, and while it's all possible, if not probable, that she comes back in dirge of cerberus (as has been hinted at in EGM) I don't think they will be getting together after the tender moment Cloud and Tifa had together on the rocks. (those of you who played the game all the way through know what I'm talking about)

If you're referring to the Highwind scene, there were three different versions of it depending on the "date night" system. Low affection version, medium affection version, & high affection version.

Naughty Tifa
01-11-2005, 06:29 AM
Oh come off it, battousai. What ever you think, but Cloud still sleeps by Tifa in all those versions, does he not? Thought so. It's not meant to be a love triangle debate so please stop it. :D

Crazy the Clown
01-11-2005, 07:17 AM
Tifa, hands down.

Why? Aeris gets shiskebabbed by the Masamune that Sephiroth is known for being pretty damn good at using. Tifa will last far longer. (You want someone who'll be there for you in your time of need, right?)

~Tenderness~
01-11-2005, 08:29 PM
Hmmm, been some quite interesting posts in this thread since I last posted.

Here are some more of my thoughts -

Although I am part Cloti I don't consider their childhood to be a lot of support for their relationship/ the pairing.

The game says they were childhood friends yes but despite that the game later says that the truth was that they weren't really all that close. Even though they lived next to each other Tifa didn't really know Cloud all that well. Tifa herself tells us both of those things. It seems Cloud didn't know Tifa all that well either since on the night he called Tifa out to the well he thought that she would never come, that she hated him.

However come she did even though she herself had thought it was sudden and had felt surprised :)

I cannot see support for the Cloti pairing from their childhood from before the promise scene, from the promise scene I can see romantic potential :)

As for Aerith she did not love Cloud because he looked like her ex boyfriend Naughty Tifa, was initially attracted to him because of that yes, loved him because of that no :)

On that subject is it really so bad to be curious about someone who looks like someone you knew? I know that if someone looked like someone I once knew I’d also be curious, naturally :)

Whilst Aerith was initially curious about Cloud because he looked like Zack, during disc one she tried to find out more about Cloud and by the end of disc one she was more interested in him for himself than for the Zack part. She spent time on disc one trying to find out more about Cloud not Zack, questioning Marlene about what Cloud was like, I don’t think she would do that if she was only interested in Zack, she already knew what Zack was like :) Then on the date she tells Cloud that she knows he and Zack are different. So she knows that although they look similar their personalities are different and by telling Cloud she wants to meet him I think that means she wants Cloud not the Zack in Cloud :) She even tells Cloud that him looking like Zack bothered her :p

The Highwind event - I don’t know if Cloud sleeping by Tifa means he loves her but I do think them sleeping by each other means they trust each other a lot, people’s defences are down when they sleep, they can be extremely vulnerable when they are sleeping, I know I’d only put myself in such a position with someone if I trusted them :)

Shoden
01-13-2005, 05:45 PM
well i cant decide but ill have to go with Aeris, how come she couldnt be revived as you could use several life 4s on her? in DOC Vincent plays the main role and you get to learn more about him and others around him, its set around the time after AC so Aeris should get revived, seems logical.

wth is with Aerith anyway dont you all know that in ff7 her name was Aeris you call her Aerith in kingdom hearts

lord shishio
01-13-2005, 11:11 PM
Tifa all the way.
I didn't get nearly as attached to Aeris as a lot of people did, it wasn't even that big a deal when she died.

PLUS, she's dead, so she's gone anyways.

TheAbominatrix
01-14-2005, 12:08 AM
Aerith is for people that prefer that translation. Is that so hard to understand?

Also, Life doesnt restore life, and there is no Life 4 spell.

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
01-14-2005, 07:17 AM
(Before you read this, I'm assuming you've finished FFVII or don't care about seeing a ton of FFVII spoilers in this post. I mark spoilers for other games, though. I even put the game in the spoiler so you didn't know which one.)

(Life4? I don't remember encountering that anywhere. In FFIV, they have lvl4 spells, but they still have two life spells, and they do the same thing as in FFVII. I think in the game, they refer to the status of having 0 HP as being "KO'ed" or "I mean, when you're almost dead." When you cast life on someone, that means they were unconscious so you needed to regain it for them by casting life on them. FFI is the only FF that I remember where you can bring characters back to life b/c the method seems to me rather, uh, non-scientific or having to do with spirituality. They call Aeris's status at the end of disc one, dead. Remember in FFV when Galuf died they were frantically casting spells on him, but it didn't work? Same deal happens with Aeris, if they decided to put a scene like that in FFVII. )

Oh, and as I stated in the other thread, I am for Cloud and Tifa.

Okay, let's go over why Cloud and Tifa are my choice. First, I'll say stuff against Aeris, and then support Tifa. Don't worry; it's all an essay about the topic. Nothing in there personally attacking the other great members of this forum. :)

Most sequences involving Aeris and Cloud are where the game gives you a choice involving casual stuff or sex so as to apply it to the date scene. This is a minigame in FF that I think is cute albeit bishoujo, i.e., a game (or in this case, minigame) whose main purpose is to entertain the player with cute girls or to go on dates with them. A dating sim is an example of a bishoujo game--gasp! that's exactly the idea with Aeris! (Read more about those here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bishojo_game .) Other scenes involving Aeris deal with her having Zack in mind, so it's an infatuation. Also, Cloud is (lying, not sure what you want to call it) to Aeris and is unwittingly manipulating her into liking him.

Okay, now Tifa. Timeline: before Cloud turns 8, Tifa and he do not know each other very well, then finally he enters her room when her mom dies on the mountain. Following that incident, they get to know each other a little better, but weren't close. They didn't love each other, yet. They were friends, I guess, but not best friends. Cloud really didn't have a close friend. They did know each other enough for her to go to the well when he's 14. It was pretty borderline (as in, Cloud wasn't sure if Tifa wanted to see him), but that's debatable b/c Cloud tends to be not confident during some sequences of the game.

Between 14 and 16 A.C. (that stands for After the birth of Cloud in this and next paragraph, NOT Advent Children (they don't let me use real years like they do in Xenosaga)), her heart grows fonder, as happens a lot in the serious parts of people's lives. She's visibly upset when you see her run off in a Nibelheim gate flashback when you are in the Lifestream getting those versions.

21 AC they re-unite. By this time, I think Tifa has fallen in love with him. After getting him introduced to Avalanche, shortly thereafter Cloud jumps off a train, and the rest is history! Oh, so anyway, as the game progresses and Aeris joins Avalanche and starts flirting with Cloud in front of Tifa, Tifa can't do anything romantic during the first disc except make scoffing gestures (like in the Temple of the Ancients).

Aeris dies, but more importantly I am looking at Tifa support. Looking at Tifa's behavior at the funeral, it's debatable, but I think it more implies that she is not thinking "Mwahaha, now that Aeris is dead, I can make my moves now and seduce Cloud!" She seemed to feel sorry for Cloud, and if that's true, then those feelings in that sort of context represents mature love and not infatuation, if you apply that sort of thing in real life. For example, one way I can show that I truly love my cousin is that I would also feel bad for her if her boyfriend died (god forbid). I would probably even feel guilty for a while at trying to fill his shoes.

When you find Cloud in Mideel, she says "All I care about is Cloud." (btw, before battousai said something about altered scenes, I didn't know about them. So let's assume she says that every time you play the game, unless you name him after yourself if you're a guy :D .) The most important thing in the lifestream that supports love (and I didn't discuss above) is that his "sealed up secret wish" and "tender memories," which is what I guess you could say was what jumpstarted him and guided him to the answer involving Sephiroth, involves Tifa.

And finally the beautiful Highwind sequence. :love: :love: :love: Cloud and Aeris never did that. They just went on a silly date. The scene between Cloud and Tifa on the Highwind is meant to be very serious. Fate brought these two together, and Sephiroth (ironically, b/c he's the most evil thing in the game except for maybe Jenova) brought them closer together by taking away their hometown. I think when Tifa finally starts to open up to him (and during the time when the game fades out) is when Cloud's love for Tifa has finally caught up to Tifa's love for Cloud.

Finally, during the final field events of FFVII, as the party is walking off the screen, Cloud and Tifa begin walking next to each other. I think that implies that they will be a couple after the game ends. They love each other very dearly. Cloud is friends with the other great people he adventured with and saved the world with, but he doesn't walk next to any of them. Yuffie couldn't even seduce him at the last second (j/k)!

~Tenderness~
01-14-2005, 05:00 PM
Hrmm.

I don't agree with what was said about Aerith. I'm not going to tell you you're wrong or argue with you about it or anything though, since different people see different things differently and in the case of opinions I think one is as valid as another :) Unless you want a debate :p I agree with what was said about Tifa right up until the Highwind scene :) However not with what was said about the Highwind scene and afterwards.

Think about it this way if what happened between Cloud and Tifa that night was very special then why does Cloud reach for Aerith's hand as soon as he sees it again? Why does he say " The Promised Land ... I think I can meet her there"?

It is something that I've thought about quite a bit and I've come to think that if something did happen that night then I think it was hurtful of Cloud to try to be with Aerith again, I know that if I was Tifa I would feel hurt :-/

I prefer to think that although their bond strengthened that night nothing definite happened, I think it's fairer on all three characters that way :)

As for Tifa and Cloud being a couple after the game ends Advent Children reveals that *Advent Children spoiler warning - read at own risk*they aren't. It's been revealed that Aerith is still in his heart. If Tifa and Cloud are to become a couple then I think he has to let Aerith go for good.

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
01-14-2005, 05:11 PM
Rats, I have to wait for AC to come out. Now I'm worried about Cloud and Tifa. :sweat: :sweat: :sweat:

Kamrusepas
01-14-2005, 05:18 PM
Aerith is too much of a girl, Tifa a tough guy :)
But maybe that's what strong guys like Cloud look for in a girl...

I haven't met any lead FF-females, but the sidekicks are better[Tifa, Quistis, Lulu....]

TheAbominatrix
01-14-2005, 09:11 PM
Tifa really isnt very masculine in any way accept for her strength. She's actually very shy and rather feminine.

negareboshi
01-15-2005, 12:18 AM
i really like aeris, shes my fav character! and they would look soooo great together if what happened to her didn't happen. tifa is cool, seems awesome in the movie's trailers.. it's a love triagle between them. i think tifa likes cloud alot since they were little and cloud only considers her a friend n he likes aeris and aeris likes cloud. i think aeris would look better with him. can anyone give me a good aeris quote? please! (pm me)

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
01-15-2005, 12:29 AM
Everybody has feminine qualities and masculine qualities, and that applies in real life, too.

Aeris is probably very feminine. Tifa is borderline. The way Yuffie talks, I feel like it's a teenage girl, but I feel like if any girl is masculine in FFVII, it's Yuffie.

Cait Sith is probably the only male character that is kinda feminine.

I won't make this post that long, b/c I'm responding to a sub-topic.

battousai9439
01-15-2005, 06:16 AM
Everybody has feminine qualities and masculine qualities, and that applies in real life, too.

Ain't it the truth? Why do you think a guy would debate the love triangle (please don't take this the wrong way)

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
01-15-2005, 10:04 AM
What? you think we think you're gay? I don't think that at all.

Del Murder
01-15-2005, 06:16 PM
You always fall for your best friend. Tifa.

battousai9439
01-16-2005, 06:15 AM
Best friend?

MamuNestor
01-16-2005, 06:41 AM
My first Video game love was Aerith, [I]Spoiler: but if she were still alive, Tifa would be a better choice. I had the luxury of meeting both of them at about the same time, so I would choose Aerith, but Cloud should choose Tifa. Tifa is a girl who has had feelings for Cloud for a long time. She will always be ther for him.
But you have seen all the 80's movies where the guy doesn't see the girl that is right in front of him until something drastic happens (ie "Some Kind of Wonderful") Something drastic did happen leaving only one choice.

battousai9439
01-16-2005, 07:10 AM
Riiiiiiight...

Dark Matter
01-16-2005, 06:08 PM
If I'm Cloud, I'll marry both of them. :love:

Ok, I'll tell you about my opinions. Let's see:
Cloud loves Aeris & Tifa. Meanwhile, Tifa & Aeris love Cloud too. And, Aeris and Tifa really get along well.
So, the only thing left for Cloud is to take action (Just marry them already)desperately! Cloud should just forget about Sephiroth and then get married with Tifa & Aeris. I think that Cloud's going after Sephiroth because of the personal feud, it's not about saving the world.... (In the beginning of the story, I mean.) Please don't worry about Sephiroth, I'm sure Barret'd take a good care of him. :)

It's so simple, I've resolved all the problems! :cool:

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
01-16-2005, 06:19 PM
No they don't get along well, but I suppose it could have been worse, like how Tellah and Edward treat each other in FFIV.

And no, I don't believe in polygamy. I say (if we wanna go with everything else you said). . . Aeris is *cough*, so I just need to marry Tifa. Oh, in FFVII do you remember people getting married? Cloud would have to invent it first, then he would be able to get married to Tifa. They have couples who have kids, but can anyone remember anyone using the term husband or wife? They have marriage in at least FFIV and FFX.

Dark Matter
01-16-2005, 07:07 PM
Marriage doesn't exist in FFVII?? I don't know, but it doesn't matter as long as Cloud loves Tifa & Aeris. :<3:
Polygamy? Don't restrict yourself to those social issues...... Well, Cloud's so cool, he won't care about the other's opinion. (Me too, regarding marriage...) :cool:
errr, Final Fantasy = love story ;)

TheAbominatrix
01-17-2005, 01:14 AM
Just because you dont see people getting married doesnt mean it doesnt exist.

Not to mention that multiple people talk about husband/wife relationships.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
01-17-2005, 01:21 AM
Bullet and Dyne both had wives--Myrna and Eleanor.

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
01-17-2005, 01:37 AM
ahhh, I knew I heard the term mentioned somewhere.

Polaris
01-17-2005, 09:53 AM
Tifa, is better for Cloud... :p

Naughty Tifa
01-18-2005, 06:40 AM
Ahhh! I never knew that Square Enix made a porn game ><

Anyways, getting back on topic XD, it would be funny if Cloud was a mormon. Then all problems would be solved. If Aeris is alive, that is...

Jojee
01-18-2005, 08:19 AM
I think Cloud is an eunuch.By the way he acts.

I would think that too; he's really so oblivious and pretty much a jerk throughout the game ^_- I don't like Cloud, so I don't think he deserves either of them, really, buuuut...

Cloud and Tifa had sex under the highwind~ ^_^ So he must have either realized something about her feelings, felt something toward her, or just let his testosterone-y male hormones take over ;o "Words aren't the only way you can express how you feel, Cloud..."

I like Tifa better, but I liked Aeris too :tongue:

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
01-18-2005, 01:54 PM
My Jojo. You have more gull than the rest of us. Well, I suppose that's one way of looking at it. I thought they just slept with each other. You mean it's different and they definitely had sex if I went on the date with Tifa????? battousai said it was different depending on who you dated. Well, don't spoil the details. I'm almost there, and I wanna see how it's different.

Armisael
01-18-2005, 02:41 PM
Tifa of course!She loved Cloud-and i think it's vice versa-since they were kids and cared about him a lot..
Not to mention that they had sex the night before the final battle with Sephiroth!
So yeah Tifa all the way..

Aeris 1 Gainsborough
01-18-2005, 11:14 PM
I think Cloud and Aeris make the best couple. I mean, in Final Fantasy VII. The best couples are in anime and manga, well my favorite couples are in the anime and manga. My favorite couples are couples that are together for a long time and have lots of hugs and kisses and are together for a long time during the series with lots of romance and are boyfriend and girlfriend for a very long time. I have played every Final Fantasy game and I love them all. Every Final Fantasy game is wonderful, both the 2d ones and 3d ones. Anime and manga couples are my favorite though. But! I'm off topic. The topic at hand is Final Fantasy VII. I think Cloud loves Aeris. Cloud and Aerith make a great couple and Aeris helps bring out Cloud's personality. Aeris's cheerfulness helps out Cloud. Aerith is perfect for Cloud. Aeris is the only person Cloud can feel relaxed around. Aeris is the one who changed Cloud. Before Aeris met Cloud she was lonely and he brought joy into her life. She had someone to care for. Before Cloud met Aeris he was lonely too, and she was the first person who appreciated Cloud. Cloud enjoys himself a lot more when he's with Aeris. He feels really good around her and she helps him out a lot. That is why Cloud and Aeris belong together.

TheAbominatrix
01-19-2005, 01:21 AM
Cloud manages to relax around most of the party, really. And before Cloud, Aeris had Zack. She never says she was lonely or miserable without him around. And before Cloud met Aeris, he was far more messed up than simply being lonely.

Of course, people will interpret things how they wish.

Armisael
01-19-2005, 10:42 AM
I always thought that Aeris liked Cloud only because he looked like Jack..

TheAbominatrix
01-19-2005, 11:47 AM
Zack, you mean. And that is the reason for her initial attraction to him. It's up to interpretation if it ever went past that or not.

Naughty Tifa
01-19-2005, 01:59 PM
Haha, it's weird, I'm a CloTi fan and all, but I didn't really think that it was possible tha they had sex under the highwind. Sure, mabe I was like...."Oooh...what did they do? Did they kiss?" and vice versa. It really wouldn't make sense if they did because they were sitting on a rock the next morning and the ground is dirty. T_T

Armisael
01-20-2005, 01:30 PM
Zack, you mean. And that is the reason for her initial attraction to him. It's up to interpretation if it ever went past that or not.
Oh yeah,gomen na sai! :jap: ..Zack i meant..

And Naughty Tifa,i think that Cloud and Tifa did something more than kissing..Actually Tifa was so embarrassed the other day like she had sex-!Which i think she had-
And it's a game,which means that sitting on a rock and a dirty ground isn't something important really..^_^

boris no no
01-20-2005, 10:07 PM
cloud and aeris sitting in a tree K I S S I N G!
tifa has great boobs tho!

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
01-21-2005, 12:48 AM
Actually, they were sitting in a gondola, unless you didn't go on the date with her.

Cloud and Yuffie sitting in the gondola K I S S I N G!

Armisael
01-21-2005, 08:18 PM
I just hope that in FFVII:AC will happen something between Tifa-Cloud..It can't be a FF without a little romance right?

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
01-21-2005, 08:42 PM
Yes, it could. In FFI, I don't remember the black mage hitting on the white mage, unless you read unoffical 8-bit theater.

Joke about FF1 that will spoil FFVII if you haven't made it to the North Cave, yet:

"Oh, White Mage! I hope we beat Garland tomorrow. It's almost dawn. Maybe we should join the Fighters in the Airship. The Fighters don't really have anything to go back to, so they're just standing around frozen until our scene is done."

Yes, I hope Cloud and Tifa do get romantic in AC. If Cloud and Aeris kiss in that scene where they have their backs to each other, then I suppose us Cloti s could pretend AC didn't happen.

Shoden
01-21-2005, 08:50 PM
meh Tifa seems better for cloud shes very upbeat and energetic and wildmouthed eg shinra building stairs, whilst Aeris is more of a character

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
01-21-2005, 08:59 PM
"Aeris is more of a character!" that's funny.

Armisael
01-21-2005, 09:11 PM
meh Tifa seems better for cloud shes very upbeat and energetic and wildmouthed eg shinra building stairs, whilst Aeris is more of a character
:laugh:

Shoden
01-21-2005, 09:15 PM
well square made more of a job on tifas boobs than her personality

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
01-21-2005, 09:18 PM
No, I think Tifa's personality and her boobs were both well done.

Shoden
01-21-2005, 09:20 PM
oh well cant argue about the boob thing lol, man if you keep talking about this in my current mood im gonna be laughing so hard ill vomit, im on a hype

TheAbominatrix
01-21-2005, 11:44 PM
I'd like to see examples of Tifa's lack of personality. She has large breasts because Nomura likes girls with long hair and large breasts. If you cant look past two digital boobies, that's your own shortcoming, not hers.

Shoden
01-21-2005, 11:48 PM
well its very noticeable but the guy never done it with garnet or rinoa for some reason

TheAbominatrix
01-21-2005, 11:53 PM
So because he doesnt do it with every character it doesnt matter? He's a professional, and he takes liberities where he can. He realizes what his target audience likes, and in Japan, it isnt huge boobs right now. He designed Aerith too, didnt he? Her breasts were normal size.

He probably refrains from doing so anymore because people cant focus on anything else. "omg boobz she's a hoe" and so on.

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
01-22-2005, 05:29 AM
Aeris doesn't have normal sized boobs.

I think the thing about Tifa is just her clothes. It sort of puts emphasis on her boobs. Other girls might have had big boobs, but since e.g. Garnet has clothes that cover more of her body, it's harder to notice.

Okay, guys. I understand that Tifa's boobs are a very fascinating subject and we could go for threads about it, but I think we've run out of leway here, so

Who is better for Cloud? Aeris or Tifa what do you think?

Tyckun
01-22-2005, 05:54 AM
Pfft, that man-whore isn't good enough for even Tina the talking Llama.

Friggin' pretty boy Cloud. Oui Cloud fan-boys need to get shot in the mouth.

The more oui know!

TheAbominatrix
01-22-2005, 06:46 AM
Aerith's breasts are a completely normal size for her body type. As are Garnet's.

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
01-22-2005, 07:38 AM
Okay, Abominatrix seems to be the expert on boobies, so PM him if you have any questions about anybody's boobs in all PS1/2 FF titles.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
01-22-2005, 08:08 AM
Ugh.

http://norbert-x.com/rock/userfiles/Kishi/didyouknowthatheisagirl.png

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
01-22-2005, 08:21 AM
Sorry, I shoulda checked.

Have I messed up on that too much? Is that why you're making a big deal about this, KR?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
01-22-2005, 08:33 AM
Ashley corrects people on the matter of her gender so often that I would expect everyone here to have seen at least one of those posts by now, yes.

Cloud57
01-22-2005, 08:56 AM
Tifa is better.
Cloud and Tifa: a perfect couple

TheAbominatrix
01-22-2005, 11:52 AM
Thank you Kishi darling.

And being a girl makes you an expert on the subject of boobies.

Shoden
01-22-2005, 02:18 PM
dont you think we should stay of the sbject of boobs a bit? my ribs are beggining to hurt from the laughing. i know i started it but dont be cruel to me i have no insurance (i dunno)

ah who cares. anyway its not as if everyone stares and look up the dreaded h.

sorry ive just woke up so my posts arent good

Tyckun
01-22-2005, 04:12 PM
So oui guys are basing Cloud and Aeris/Tifa's relationship on BOOBIES!?

Boobies solve nothing.

Shoden
01-22-2005, 04:23 PM
in english please?

Destai
01-22-2005, 08:26 PM
Aeris forever! Tifa was a really close friend but thats about as far as it went. They were close alright ,maybe they loved each other but I dont think it was sexual. I think the main reason they were so close is they were the only thing each other had from there childhoods. But Cloud and Aeris only met for the first time and they became instantly cose. That says to me they had a special connection.

Shoden
01-22-2005, 08:35 PM
Aeris was only attracted to cloud because he looked like zack it caused her to to feel attracted towards him because he looked like someone she was really close too before, she was curious to find the real cloud though, cloud thought Aeris was cute but thats as far as it went probably, cloud looks nothing like zack to me coz zack has long hair and cloud doesnt

Destai
01-22-2005, 10:24 PM
On the house ride in the gold saucer she admitted she like him originally because of his resemblance but now that she got to know him he wasnt that alike. Then I think she almost told him she loved him. Im not sure I need to replay that part but...not bothered. She definitely said she wanted to get to know him better and to understand him more. SPOILER: If he wasnt so touched by her he wouldnt be so depressed and mourning for her in Advent Children. I think part of his mourning was moving into the church he met her in for most of the movie.

TheAbominatrix
01-23-2005, 12:45 AM
He cared for both of them regardless, and they both cared for him. Whether it's love on his part for either is up to interpretation.

I think on the date it was Tifa who almost confessed her feelings for Cloud, not Aerith. I dont think Aerith had any concrete 'love' feelings at the time, she didnt know him well enough or long enough.

And Shoden, you brought up the breast things. Get over it.

Armisael
01-23-2005, 04:18 PM
I think on the date it was Tifa who almost confessed her feelings for Cloud, not Aerith. I dont think Aerith had any concrete 'love' feelings at the time, she didnt know him well enough or long enough.

Yeah that's right..She almost said that she loved him..If my memory is correct she keeps telling "Cloud I.."..Men,they never understand us..We have to say everything to them.. :rolleyes2

Btw i remembered something else..In the part where Tifa helps Cloud to take his memory back,there is a place which in the beggining when you try to enter,one of the Clouds standing there say "Sacred Territory,Private Memories" or something like this..But then we get to see that in this place it's the window of Tifa's house..That surely means something..Like the unspoken "love" of Cloud to Tifa..

And i agree that Cloud cared a lot for Aeris and Tifa..But all these happened when Cloud's memory was damaged..When he remembered(the promise and the moments with Tifa when he was little)i think he was clearly attracted to Tifa..(HighWind before the final battle)

MJN SEIFER
01-23-2005, 04:46 PM
Aeris. Because she cared about Cloud, Tifa didn't

Sefie1999AD
01-23-2005, 05:16 PM
Kishi: I'm amazed you (or anyone else) haven't said Priscilla yet. She tells Cloud that he must marry her someday!

Seriously speaking, though, I think Cloud and Tifa belong together. Cloud has always had feelings for Tifa, and during the game, it's clear that Tifa shares those feelings. Aeris-Cloud was more like Aeris liking Cloud because he reminded her of Zack, though she still wanted to be more like a friendly guide to Cloud (as she saw something was clearly messed up with Cloud, "I want to meet the 'real' you.") Besides, Aeris died at the end of Disc 1, leaving only Cloud and Tifa, and they've got loads of moments together on Discs 2 and 3.

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
01-23-2005, 07:27 PM
How about Marlene, since you put Pris on the table? Nah, Barret says to him that he wouldn't stand for it.

Armisael
01-23-2005, 07:54 PM
Aeris. Because she cared about Cloud, Tifa didn't
Yeah you have a point here..I mean it's not like Tifa stayed with him when he was poisoned by Mako,or helped him recall his memory,followed him just to be with him.. :rolleyes2

And now i'm thinking about it,if Cloud had a chance with Aeris,she wouldn't die..So even IF Cloud wanted Aeris he couldn't be with her..That's why Square let Tifa as the "only one" for Cloud..Like Sephiroth1999AD said T-C belong together..

velvet.fireball
01-26-2005, 08:13 PM
agrees with kawaii

yuffie would be a way cooler girlfriend instead of those two soppy girls! yuckfest

Imperia
01-27-2005, 01:21 AM
Yeah you have a point here..I mean it's not like Tifa stayed with him when he was poisoned by Mako,or helped him recall his memory,followed him just to be with him.. :rolleyes2

Tifa DID stayed with Cloud when he got poisoned. She stayed at his side when he was trying to recall his memory, and she fought with him to the very end. That's a true friend. I don't believe she's some lovesick psycho. Just because you guys like Aeris better doesn't mean you have to mindlessly bash her.

JunotDe
01-27-2005, 02:30 AM
Tifa for one reason..BIG TITTIES

Armisael
01-27-2005, 09:15 AM
Tifa DID stayed with Cloud when he got poisoned. She stayed at his side when he was trying to recall his memory, and she fought with him to the very end. That's a true friend. I don't believe she's some lovesick psycho. Just because you guys like Aeris better doesn't mean you have to mindlessly bash her.
Yeah that's what i meant actually..And just for the record Tifa is my fav character..

CloudVII
01-28-2005, 02:51 AM
I think he was being sarcastic...

anima977
02-18-2005, 03:12 PM
It doesnt matter what i, or anyone else thinks on this subject because Cloud chooses Aeris for himself
SPOLIER
in the ending when cloud catches Tifa before she falls into the Lifestream he says 'Lets Go see her'. Tifa then closes her eyes and agrees, it looks like she is giving up on her and cloud having a future because he is still in love with Aeris.
Just my opinion mind you!

Ultima Shadow
02-18-2005, 04:34 PM
anima977, you can use the "spoilertags" instead of just writing "spoiler". When you post spoilers, select the spoiling text and then press the blue smile for automatic spoilertags.

Oh, and by the way... EVERYONE already know that Cloud loves Barret! :rolleyes2

udsuna
02-18-2005, 05:34 PM
As much as I love Aeris (I'd take her in a heartbeat if it wasn't for the whole part where she's a videogame character), Tifa is the better choice for *Cloud*. His and Aeris' thing, whatever it was, was hardly a healthy relationship... she wanted him because she was still on the rebound... and he really didn't fall for her until she died saving the planet... not a good foundation for romance.

MJN SEIFER
02-18-2005, 08:14 PM
Tifa for one reason..BIG TITTIES

That's sexist.

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
02-18-2005, 08:52 PM
When you post spoilers, select the spoiling text and then press the blue smile for automatic spoilertags.

I didn't know you could do that. *tries it out*

Aeris dies at the end of disc 1.

Anyways, I think the ending (and the rest of the story, for that matter) was very ambiguious, and that's cool that it is. People talk about FFVII and bring out new ideas and theories 8 years later. I personally do not understand what anima alluded to, but they'll probably elaborate on that in AC. I just always thought of that action by Tifa to just expressing tenderness and love for him. Like she's holding on to him, so she might as well like hug him or something.

Nod
02-19-2005, 12:45 AM
Tifa definitely. Aeris is a wimp, Tifa is much cooler.

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
02-19-2005, 01:54 AM
I agree with your conclusions, Nod. But relationships (in FFVII and in the real world) aren't built on the physical attack stat.

Megami
02-19-2005, 11:02 PM
I think Tifa is better for Cloud because they are childhood friends and have a common past history. She was always there for him.

:D

Out of the context (reading Final Heavens sig) : Oh yeah I wanna be a sorceress when I grow up :D lol

Swordicanus
02-26-2005, 11:21 PM
tifa cause she has known him for years since the were young

kit
03-02-2005, 08:00 PM
I believe Aeris is better for Cloud because she's a sweetheart. I love both Aeris and Tifa, but Aeris has that innocent aura to her. She's a girl who needs a man like Cloud to protect and take care of her, not to mention a total cutie *^^*

BritishBun
03-03-2005, 03:03 PM
it's kind of obvious, Tifa....... cloud knew her for a while and they both fit because thier good fighters, and the rescuing when in trouble story, complete setup for them

Memorylight
03-03-2005, 03:32 PM
Aeris. She is soooo good for him but there's nothing wrong with Tifa.
So really, there's no diffrence, but if I had to choose I'd say Aeris!

ravenzero2000
03-03-2005, 04:39 PM
The odvious choice here is Tifa, I mean they were childhood friends and she made cloud promise that her "Hero" would save her if she was in trouble. Aeris dies and for all I care that's a good thing :) That and Tifa has bigger....nevermind..

Cybele
03-03-2005, 09:23 PM
I think Aeris is better for Cloud (no, not just because she's my favorite). While and Cloud and Tifa have a past together, if you remember, it was all about how Tifa ignored Cloud and hung out with that "trio" that Cloud thought was stupid. Cloud was surprised when Tifa actually even met him out on the well, that's saying she wasn't exactly a true friend back then. Besides, Aeris and Cloud have a special type of connection, even if she originally liked him because he reminded her of Zack, doesn't mean that she didn't fall in love with the real Cloud later on. Just because Tifa and Cloud have a past, doesn't automatically make them a better couple. Tifa isn't open enough with her feelings so Cloud never even thought that she liked him. Cloud would need someone who is more open, like Aeris. Tifa only reveals her feelings after Aeris enters the picture. In the ending when Cloud says "I think I can meet her there", you can tell that Tifa missed her oppurtunity a long time ago. Cloud chose Aeris. Perhaps if Tifa had been more open with her feelings in the first place (before Aeris came into the picture), they would've had a better relationship. Cloud still might've fallen for Aeris, but at least Tifa wouldn't have seemed like his "second choice" after Aeris' death.

TheAbominatrix
03-03-2005, 10:02 PM
All a matter of interpretation. Tifa didnt come out with her feelings because Cloud was going through some very heavy stuff at the time and needed to deal with that, first. Aeris died before she ever knew the real Cloud. She only knew the confused Zack/Cloud hybrid, not the Cloud after his true self is restored.

I'm not arguing who is better, I'm just pointing out things.

Squall of SeeD
03-03-2005, 10:03 PM
I think Aeris is better for Cloud (no, not just because she's my favorite). While and Cloud and Tifa have a past together, if you remember, it was all about how Tifa ignored Cloud and hung out with that "trio" that Cloud thought was stupid. Cloud was surprised when Tifa actually even met him out on the well, that's saying she wasn't exactly a true friend back then.

In all fairness, kids -- and teenagers; especially them -- can be assholes but grow up into exceptionally great People. Tifa's gone through a lot of experiences since her time of ignoring Cloud. Judging her based on the past wouldn't be fair, and I doubt that Cloud would have done so. He should understand changing as well as anyone.

Besides, Aeris and Cloud have a special type of connection...

Could you elaborate on this point, please? I'm not sure what you mean.

...even if she originally liked him because he reminded her of Zack, doesn't mean that she didn't fall in love with the real Cloud later on.

She never got to know the real Cloud, though. It would be difficult, if not impossible, for her to have done so, seeing as she never got to know him. Cloud's memories were still screwed up for a good while after Aerith's death. She obviously cared about him and did express a desire to get to know him for who he really was, but she died not long after expressing that.

Just because Tifa and Cloud have a past, doesn't automatically make them a better couple.

Though I'm in the camp that would support Tifa and Cloud, I agree with this point.

Tifa isn't open enough with her feelings so Cloud never even thought that she liked him.

Well, Cloud was a little slow. Both Females made it obvious enough that everyone else picked up on it, including Reeve and he wasn't even right there with AVALANCHE in-person (recall that he says "Poor Tifa" after making his prediction that Cloud and Aerith were a perfect match). Cloud was dense as hell. If not for Aerith doing things like asking Cait Sith to tell them how compatible she and Cloud were, I doubt he would have even known that she liked him. If he picked up on it even then.

I'm not trying to bash Cloud mind you, but he seemed fairly oblivious to what was so obvious to everyone else.

In the ending when Cloud says "I think I can meet her there", you can tell that Tifa missed her oppurtunity a long time ago. Cloud chose Aeris.

I don't think Cloud was mentally in the position to choose anyone until at least after the events of the game had ended, and seeing as how he's still screwed up in Advent Children with guilt and self-loathing, he's still not in a position to do so, really. In order for the relationship to be a healthy one, Cloud needs to get out of that slump, which is what I think we will see occur in the film, as Tifa predicts at first that Cloud isn't even going to fight, though she chides him quite a bit in the previews and reminds him of when they were strong and such and asks him if he doesn't want to feel that way again, suggesting to me that he's going to bounce back.

Anyway, I think the ruling would be more in favor of Tifa in the present for the reasons that she's been a constant support to Cloud since the Lifestream incident, and will continue to be in Advent Children, and also because Aerith is dead and Cloud doesn't need to be looking to her. That would be quite unhealthy for him and would only continue to place guilt on him. He needs to move on and live, whether that involve romance with Tifa, someone else, or no one. But before anything, he needs to clear himself up.

As for the possibility of him dying and them being together in the Lifestream as is often suggested, I have to ask "What about Zack?" He was Aerith's first love and it was Cloud's adopted similiarties to him that attracted her to begin with. Zack's dead too, like Aerith, so I would hope that their souls have met again.

Anyway, I'm not trying to argue which one would have been better for him pre-Aerith's death, but just commenting on the state of things in the present and pointing out a few things.

Cybele
03-03-2005, 10:50 PM
In all fairness, kids -- and teenagers; especially them -- can be assholes but grow up into exceptionally great People. Tifa's gone through a lot of experiences since her time of ignoring Cloud. Judging her based on the past wouldn't be fair, and I doubt that Cloud would have done so. He should understand changing as well as anyone.

I was mostly just pointing out that their past doesn't give them an advantage, if anything, it's almost a disadvantage. I put that in there just because people were basing their reasons on Tifa and Cloud's history together.

Could you elaborate on this point, please? I'm not sure what you mean.

To be honest, I don't know how to explain it...

She never got to know the real Cloud, though. It would be difficult, if not impossible, for her to have done so, seeing as she never got to know him. Cloud's memories were still screwed up for a good while after Aerith's death. She obviously cared about him and did express a desire to get to know him for who he really was, but she died not long after expressing that.

Aeris is a pretty nice and stable person, if she were still around when this happened, she probably would've embraced the real Cloud and would've been happy that she finally knew him. Although I can't say for sure since she isn't there during that time.

Well, Cloud was a little slow. Both Females made it obvious enough that everyone else picked up on it, including Reeve and he wasn't even right there with AVALANCHE in-person (recall that he says "Poor Tifa" after making his prediction that Cloud and Aerith were a perfect match). Cloud was dense as hell. If not for Aerith doing things like asking Cait Sith to tell them how compatible she and Cloud were, I doubt he would have even known that she liked him. If he picked up on it even then.

I'm not trying to bash Cloud mind you, but he seemed fairly oblivious to what was so obvious to everyone else.

True.

I was more reffering to things as if Aeris were still around and who he would choose. I know it would be impossible to have a relationship with someone who's dead without creating your own dream world with this person in it. Zack may have been Aeris' first love, but wouldn't Zack not even be able to be reached by her? Hadn't it been 3 or so years since his death? I think Bugenhagen said something about them returning to the planet and I'm assuming that Aeris hasn't done this because she's still talking to Cloud in some form in Advent Children. I'm still wondering why they're showing Zack in Advent Children though. I probably just missed something that said why. All in all, it's about how you play the game itself. You can get Cloud paired up any of the three girls, you can even get him paired up with Barret if you really want to (I still haven't seen this, but you can check gamefaqs for it), so I guess whatever pairing you like best is the best one for Cloud. Him and Yuffie would be interesting...haven't seen that yet.

TheAbominatrix
03-03-2005, 11:09 PM
Zack is in a flashback. Aerith should have returned to the planet by now, maybe she has and Cloud is having a simple dream. But if Aerith is delayed in returning to the planet, what would give Cloud the same delay in order to be with her? She's an Ancient, but he's just the same as Zack, so how could they be together in death?

Squall of SeeD
03-03-2005, 11:46 PM
I was mostly just pointing out that their past doesn't give them an advantage, if anything, it's almost a disadvantage. I put that in there just because people were basing their reasons on Tifa and Cloud's history together.

Alrighty. It was a good point to make, really.

I was more reffering to things as if Aeris were still around and who he would choose. I know it would be impossible to have a relationship with someone who's dead without creating your own dream world with this person in it. Zack may have been Aeris' first love, but wouldn't Zack not even be able to be reached by her? Hadn't it been 3 or so years since his death? I think Bugenhagen said something about them returning to the planet and I'm assuming that Aeris hasn't done this because she's still talking to Cloud in some form in Advent Children. I'm still wondering why they're showing Zack in Advent Children though. I probably just missed something that said why.

Assuming that the consciousness of the dead remains in the Lifestream, not being sent back out to be recycled with the Spirit Energy that had belonged to the one who lived, I can't see why Zack couldn't be reached by Aerith. Both are now dead. If, however, all that remains of the consciousness are memories, it may not be so.

As for Aerith still being able to talk to Cloud being indicative of someone not having yet returned to the Planet, I'm fairly certain that isn't the case, as Aerith's mother was still speaking to Aerith years after her passing. The conversation shown in the 25 minute preview of the film has Aerith and Cloud having the following conversation:

(Courtesy of AdventChildren.net's vspirit (http://adventchildren.net/ff7ac/movie/venice/ff7ac_pre_trans.txt).)

You’ve finally come…even though it pains you to do so…

From behind, a girl reaches out to gently touch Cloud’s right hand.

(Aerith’s voice) Question. Why’d you come?

Cloud: I…think I want to be forgiven. That’s right, I want to be forgiven.

(Aerith’s voice, with a slight giggle) By whom?

[Later]
Cloud: Vincent…do you think a person can be forgiven?

Vincent: I’ve never had the pleasure of that experience.

Cloud nodding, decides, “I think I want to try and see…whether or not I could be.
I’ll inform you of the results later. C’mon, Marlene!”
(From his expression, Cloud seems to have come upon some sort of revelation)

Marlene happily runs back to Cloud. Holding hands, the two leave the place.
Vincent looks on at the two departing figures.

(Aerith’s voice) Really…that took him long enough. I’ve never laid any blame on him. Ever.

But him coming all this way to see me…that has really made me happy. And that, in itself, is more than enough.

As for Zack's presence in the film, as The Abominatrix said, he's only been shown to be in flashbacks (the same flashback seen in Final Fantasy VII if one returns to the basement of the Shin-Ra Mansion after Cloud has regained himself in the Lifestream.)

All in all, it's about how you play the game itself. You can get Cloud paired up any of the three girls, you can even get him paired up with Barret if you really want to (I still haven't seen this, but you can check gamefaqs for it), so I guess whatever pairing you like best is the best one for Cloud. Him and Yuffie would be interesting...haven't seen that yet.

Yeah, Cloud can have the date with any of the three Females, though I wouldn't really call it paring them up. Interestingly enough, Yuffie's the only one of the three with enough guts to actually kiss Cloud (though it's on his cheek).

As for Barret, it's not so much a date as a conversation (the Event Square is even closed during their "date" and they just go off and talk) about things that are going on. Sadly, I don't remember the specifics too well. I'll see if I can find a script for it if you're interested.

ralphy the cat
03-04-2005, 12:14 AM
:) I think cloud should not have aeris or tifa as a girlfriend, i thnk he and yuffie should go together. I mean, they both are alike, and yuffie likes cloud anyways so yeah. :) :confused:

Cybele
03-04-2005, 01:04 AM
Assuming that the consciousness of the dead remains in the Lifestream, not being sent back out to be recycled with the Spirit Energy that had belonged to the one who lived, I can't see why Zack couldn't be reached by Aerith. Both are now dead. If, however, all that remains of the consciousness are memories, it may not be so.

As for Aerith still being able to talk to Cloud being indicative of someone not having yet returned to the Planet, I'm fairly certain that isn't the case, as Aerith's mother was still speaking to Aerith years after her passing. The conversation shown in the 25 minute preview of the film has Aerith and Cloud having the following conversation:

(Courtesy of AdventChildren.net's vspirit (http://adventchildren.net/ff7ac/movie/venice/ff7ac_pre_trans.txt).)

As for Zack's presence in the film, as The Abominatrix said, he's only been shown to be in flashbacks (the same flashback seen in Final Fantasy VII if one returns to the basement of the Shin-Ra Mansion after Cloud has regained himself in the Lifestream.)

Yeah, Cloud can have the date with any of the three Females, though I wouldn't really call it paring them up. Interestingly enough, Yuffie's the only one of the three with enough guts to actually kiss Cloud (though it's on his cheek).

As for Barret, it's not so much a date as a conversation (the Event Square is even closed during their "date" and they just go off and talk) about things that are going on. Sadly, I don't remember the specifics too well. I'll see if I can find a script for it if you're interested.

It's been a long time since I played the game all the way through. I really should replay it soon and actually read the scripts...I had completely forgotten about Aeris' mother talking to her, but I could've sworn that people who weren't ancients were reborn or something.
I think I'll just try and get the Yuffie date (that kiss sounds cute), as for Barret, if you can find a script easily, thanks, if not, that's okay.

TheAbominatrix
03-04-2005, 01:13 AM
RPGamer has the script, I believe.

I'm pretty sure people who arent Ancients are simply reborn, for all I know the Ancients could be as well, but I dont think so, considering the Promised Land stuff. But of course, Cloud isnt an Ancient so it doesnt matter for him.

Squall of SeeD
03-04-2005, 01:19 AM
RPGamer has the script, I believe.

It has the game script, yes, but not all the variables of the date. It only uses the Aerith date scenario. What I meant is a script for the various date scenarios. Thanks anyway, though.

As for the subject of rebirth, Bugenhagen says that all living things are the same in a spiritual respect and that the Spirit Energy of everyone will be used again. That doesn't necessarily mean their consciousness doesn't remain in the Lifestream, however:

"Eventually... all humans die. What happens to them after they
die?"
"The body decomposes, and returns to the Planet. That much
everyone knows. What about their consciousness, their hearts and their
souls?"
"The soul too returns to the Planet."
"And not only those of humans, but everything on this Planet. In
fact, all living things in the universe, are the same."

TheAbominatrix
03-04-2005, 01:35 AM
It may, it may not. But 'returning to the Planet' doesnt really explain. Personally I think their souls are reborn in new things.

ravenzero2000
03-04-2005, 02:27 PM
But 'returning to the Planet' doesnt really explain.

Maybe "returning to the planet" means that she became part of the Lifestream...just a thought.

TheAbominatrix
03-04-2005, 03:06 PM
Yes, she did become part of the Lifestream. That's what returning to the planet means. You become part of the Lifestream, and the Lifestream is used to create new life. It's always changing.

What I'm unsure of, currently, is about the souls. When Bugenhagen talks about returning to the planet, he's using two different examples. Obviously, a body doesnt stay in the Lifestream, but does a soul? Does it transcend to another plane? Does it get reborn? Or does it float around in the Lifestream? And how could any of those help either Zack or Cloud get to Aerith?

ravenzero2000
03-04-2005, 04:38 PM
Obviously, a body doesnt stay in the Lifestream, but does a soul?

My Theory: I think that a soul does stay in the Lifestream and that's what makes the Lifestream. I think that the souls in it eventually go and create something else, as you said, but it could be anything like a flower, animal, fish, etc. not neccisarily human.

And how could any of those help either Zack or Cloud get to Aerith?

Well...ya got me there. :confused:

TheAbominatrix
03-04-2005, 04:43 PM
Yes, I'm sure it stays in the Lifestream for a time... as with Aerith talking about her adopted mother's husband's soul. I too believe that these souls would be reborn into different things. But, if Aerith's soul goes to the Promised Land, where the Ancients are... that would make sense. What would not make sense, however, is Cloud or Zack or anyone else getting there. They arent Ancients. So if the scene in AC is Aerith's soul talking to Cloud... we can assume her only time with him, after his death, would be brief as his soul would be on it's way to being reborn.

ravenzero2000
03-04-2005, 04:50 PM
What would not make sense, however, is Cloud or Zack or anyone else getting there. They arent Ancients.

How would this not make any sense? I mean a soul is a soul no matter how it is used in the body of a person. Regardless of what you were or what you did, your soul is just the same as others beside the fact that it is yours. Therefore, it would technically make sense (to me anyway) that Cloud or Zack could go to the promised land.

So if the scene in AC is Aerith's soul talking to Cloud... we can assume her only time with him, after his death, would be brief as his soul would be on it's way to being reborn.

Well, who's to say that a soul is reborn immediatly, it could take quite some time. And perhaps that the scene in AC with Aeris talking to Cloud could be a memory trapt in one of their souls. Or maybe the souls are interacting somehow, if so i dont know how.

TheAbominatrix
03-04-2005, 04:56 PM
They say the Anicents are the only ones who can go to the Promised Land. And, if they can, then Zack would already be there with her, and they'd be in love. (edit: That's of course just speculation, but it makes sense. He was her first love, after all.)

I never said it was reborn immediatly. In fact, I even said it would take time to do so. I highly doubt it would take over two years, however.

ravenzero2000
03-04-2005, 04:59 PM
They say the Anicents are the only ones who can go to the Promised Land.

Perhaps they meant while they were living and not in spirit form. And why would Zack and Aeris be in love exactly? im confused. :confused:

TheAbominatrix
03-04-2005, 05:03 PM
The Promised Land is not a physical place. They explain that in the game, since Rufus is trying to get there because he assumes it to be a land rich with Mako.

And because Zack was Aerith's first love.

ravenzero2000
03-04-2005, 05:06 PM
And because Zack was Aerith's first love.

Seriously? Damn I need to play that game again...

TheAbominatrix
03-04-2005, 05:09 PM
It's easy to miss. When you have Aerith in your party and visit Zack's parents, they confirm it. This fact is the reason Aerith is so attracted to Cloud at first, and she talks about her boyfriend who was in SOLDIER, first class.

Lady Relena
03-20-2005, 04:41 AM
[spoiler]Yeah, Cloud can have the date with any of the three Females, though I wouldn't really call it paring them up. Interestingly enough, Yuffie's the only one of the three with enough guts to actually kiss Cloud (though it's on his cheek).

[spoiler]I never saw Cloud and Yuffi on the date before I only saw Cloud with Tifa and Aeris. so I never got to see Yuffi kiss him on the cheek.

TifaLockhart7
03-26-2005, 11:20 PM
TIFA!! becuz cloud even said in the game that he wanted to impress her, and besides cloud has only known aeris for a short period of time.cloud and tifa should be :lovers:

[spoiler]Yeah, Cloud can have the date with any of the three Females, though I wouldn't really call it paring them up. Interestingly enough, Yuffie's the only one of the three with enough guts to actually kiss Cloud (though it's on his cheek).

[spoiler]I never saw Cloud and Yuffi on the date before I only saw Cloud with Tifa and Aeris. so I never got to see Yuffi kiss him on the cheek. i like yuffie and tifa but not aeris lol :tongue:

The odvious choice here is Tifa, I mean they were childhood friends and she made cloud promise that her "Hero" would save her if she was in trouble. Aeris dies and for all I care that's a good thing :) That and Tifa has bigger....nevermind.. It's true and cloud tried to impress her.

EDIT: Please don't make multiple posts in a row. Use the edit button instead. -Bubonic Plague

Savannah
03-27-2005, 06:44 AM
Tifa.

Aeris is clingy and has ugly hair.

CloudStrife7
03-29-2005, 08:05 PM
TIFA!! becuz cloud even said in the game that he wanted to impress her, and besides cloud has only known aeris for a short period of time.cloud and tifa should be :lovers:

i like yuffie and tifa but not aeris lol :tongue:

It's true and cloud tried to impress her.

EDIT: Please don't make multiple posts in a row. Use the edit button instead. -Bubonic Plague yeah im with tifa lol tifa should be the one in cloud's heart heh heh.

kawaiileena
04-03-2005, 12:40 PM
Well, I have to say that it is TIFA, cuz she is his childhood friend, and in the beginning, he said he wanted to impress her. He even got the guts to follow her when she was in the mountains that not even her friend could have done.

And another one is when Tifa went to the well and they made their promise to each other! And what about when Tifa take care of CLoud when he was in his vegetable like form? And about that highwind scene! And Tifa was the one who helped Cloud find himself.

And so I have to say that Cloud likes Tifa more, since they already has a history and he just met Aeris.

So, one point for TIFA!!

Mercen-X
04-05-2005, 09:50 PM
I think everyone only prefers Aerith because she was so nice and then she was killed in such a horrible way. I think there are a lot of mixed feelings.

It's my humble opinion that the whole world would be better off if Zack hadn't died. Aerith mentioned at the beginning (in a roundabout way) that Zack was her first boyfriend. The only reason they weren't together is because he went and got himself killed which is exactly what almost happened to Cloud. So Cloud and Aerith weren't any better off than Aerith and Zack. Now Aerith is dead and is currently in the arms of the deceased Zack, while Cloud has had a crush on Tifa since childhood. Why the hell do you people think he joined SOLDIER? To make friends with Sephiroth? He wanted to get strong to impress Tifa. She just made him a little nervous is all. I know exactly how he felt.

Imperia
04-06-2005, 03:40 PM
I think everyone only prefers Aerith because she was so nice and then she was killed in such a horrible way. I think there are a lot of mixed feelings.

I feel the same way about the whole Cloud/Aeris hysteria. People may interpret it as much as they feel that they need to, but I think many Cloud/Aeris fans (especially the emotionally unstable ones) cheer for that pairing just because she was an innocent sweetie pie whomet a tragic end.

NotYourBrother..
06-30-2005, 05:05 AM

[QUOTE=Lady Relena][spoiler]Yeah, Cloud can have the date with any of the three Females, though I wouldn't really call it paring them up. Interestingly enough, Yuffie's the only one of the three with enough guts to actually kiss Cloud (though it's on his cheek).

[spoiler]I never saw Cloud and Yuffi on the date before I only saw Cloud with Tifa and Aeris. so I never got to see Yuffi kiss him on the cheek. i like yuffie and tifa but not aeris lol :tongue:

The odvious choice here is Tifa, I mean they were childhood friends and she made cloud promise that her "Hero" would save her if she was in trouble. Aeris dies and for all I care that's a good thing :) That and Tifa has bigger....nevermind.. It's true and cloud tried to impress her.

OMFG!! Cloud is SOOO FUCKIN gay!! besides, i'd bet youve never even BEATEN FF7, quit talkin bout what u dont know. ::side note:: Feena isn't a real name!! she's a fictional character! lol, its obviouse u get carried away and obsessed with certain FAKE ppl... :-P

TurkSlayer
06-30-2005, 04:15 PM
Tifa or Aeris? Why not Yuffie!? She deserves to be here too!

But I'd say Tifa, because I don't like Aeris and I do like Tifa. Besides, it kinda hard to have a serious relationship with a dead chick.

BabyVixen
06-30-2005, 08:52 PM
I think that Tifa would be better suited to him because she stayed with him all the time while he was sick, showing how much she cared and how much she loved him, and she'd be able to protect him if he ever needed it because she's strong. But Aeris can make Cloud laugh but she's a wussy and he would have always had to protect her from every little thing but there can't have been much between them because they hardly knew each other during that short while. Now Tifa, she would try to make sure that all of Cloud's problems are sorted.

I'd say Tifa would be better for him

Slade
06-30-2005, 11:24 PM
I prefer Aeris much more than Tifa but Tifa suits being with Cloud more so id have to go with that

Sephitachi7
06-30-2005, 11:52 PM
Aeris because even before the first Cait Sith died he told them they were both stars (or so I think) and perfect for each other and I believe this was the only fortune that was correct

TheAbominatrix
06-30-2005, 11:57 PM
"OK... Then here it is - You two were just MADE for each other!! Aerith, your star and Cloud's star says - a bright future is awaiting you both!"

Given that she gets stabbed soon after, I'd say that's a pretty useless fortune, as her future wasnt very bright. Not to mention Cait Sith is really just Reeve, who isnt mystical in the least.

edit: That was from the Japanese script by the way, as found on RPGamer.

TurkSlayer
07-01-2005, 02:42 AM
Actually, Cait Sith made one correct fortune when you first met him, which I noticed on my second play through. I beleive the fortune is "You will find what you seek, but at a great cost." or something similar to that.

Terran
07-02-2005, 03:20 PM
I prefer Tifa for Cloud or just have Tifa and Aeris get together to screw with Cloud so then he chases after both of them. Funny, no?

Kakashi509
07-02-2005, 08:07 PM
The default option is Tifa since who would want to date a dead chick with a hole through her stomach from a sword?

King~Philip
07-03-2005, 01:45 AM
I prefer Tifa ....first she is Foxy ...Hot and has a big........................

and she is Cloud's Childhood friend and Tifa & Cloud spend half of their lives together

Saiyan Knight
07-03-2005, 01:48 AM
.................tits.Nah I think Aeris would have been better for Cloud.She wouldn't hide like Tifa.

Erdrick Holmes
07-03-2005, 02:02 AM
I think Aeris would make a better lover for Tifa than Cloud would.

Saiyan Knight
07-03-2005, 02:10 AM
You wanna explain why?

TheAbominatrix
07-03-2005, 10:21 AM
Hide? I'm confused, when did Tifa hide?

Saiyan Knight
07-03-2005, 12:01 PM
Oh for only the entire game.She loves Cloud and never admits it.

TheAbominatrix
07-03-2005, 12:17 PM
As has been stated in this thread already, she knew Cloud was going through a lot of pain and an identity crisis. She didnt need to blurt out her feelings for him when he already had far too much to handle, and it seems more out of care and courtesy for him that she remains silent. I believe that, if you truly love someone, you think of them first always, even if that means you have to suffer, and I feel Tifa did just that.

Sephitachi7
07-04-2005, 04:55 AM
You got a point there

kawaiileena
07-04-2005, 11:36 AM
As has been stated in this thread already, she knew Cloud was going through a lot of pain and an identity crisis. She didnt need to blurt out her feelings for him when he already had far too much to handle, and it seems more out of care and courtesy for him that she remains silent. I believe that, if you truly love someone, you think of them first always, even if that means you have to suffer, and I feel Tifa did just that.

Woot!! You go! I'm with you all the way! You are so right. I perfectly agree with you.

Ohhh
07-14-2005, 04:40 PM
I agree! cloud always liked tifa, and tifa always liked cloud... aeris jus got in the way!

ultima88
07-15-2005, 01:52 AM
I think Tifa would be better (her boobs look bigger) naaa only jokin, but I do think tifa becoz (without trying to sound to soppy) cloud and her were childhood sweethearts then they were reunited, plus aeris dies GET OVER IT !

If you had a choice between two women, and one was dead who would you choose ? and for you ppl who sed the dead girl: eeeeewwwwwwwwww
someone also mentioned yuffie ? She looks about 10!! well mabys 15...

I also agree with theaboninatrix

Winter Nights
07-15-2005, 02:18 AM
Aerith was a slut. Now she's a dead slut.

I pick Tifa.

Yoruhoshi
07-26-2005, 08:59 PM
I say hands down that the best one for Cloud is Sephiroth. *snickers*

But if I must choose one of the girls, I'd go with Tifa, because she's just better so deal with it!!!

Silver Valentines
07-30-2005, 04:01 AM
Ok, well I think that both are a cute couple, but I also think that Tifa and Cloud are more suited for each other, I believe she honestly cared for him, she cared for his happiness, she even put his happiness before her own by stepping back a bit with the whole Aeris thing.So I'm more of a CloTi then CloAer

kawaiileena
07-30-2005, 07:08 AM
Quite true. She loves Cloud, Aeris got in the way, but she never complained, she never argued back, hence, she even let Aeris go her way around Cloud! But still, she remained true and loyal, and still thinks Aeris as a friend even after all that happened that ached her heart. Tifa is indeed suiter for Cloud, as she is a matured, and understanding woman and cared for others before herself. :)

J.D
07-30-2005, 09:02 AM
Forget All That

TIFA AND AERIS! LESBOS!

That Would Be So Top Tier
(mind me Im high)

kawaiileena
07-30-2005, 03:35 PM
Uh huh, and the other guys are gays. Yeah, :rolleyes2

Lol, but that was nice... I respect your 'opinion' though!! ^_^

silentravenbl
08-03-2005, 03:48 PM
i would have to say both cloud and areis because cloud is the main char and he likes areis and areis heals and cloud is 1 of the strongest chars in the game if u have the right equipt for him and he is a high enough lvl
:D

DragonTU84
08-03-2005, 04:33 PM
I have always been a fave of Cloud with Tifa...she just seems to care so much for Cloud and his well-being, whereas Aeris seems to act more immature (even though she is "supposed" to be older than Tifa in the game) in the fact that she acts like a giddy schoolgirl who has a crush on a man she finds attractive, and is rather trying to "push" herself onto him to go out with him, where Cloud does not seem to share any interest for her except as a friend.

butterflybookmark
02-06-2009, 05:20 AM
I don't think Aerith is immature. Though, I adore Cloti <3

Yar
02-06-2009, 11:23 AM
Please don't close this, mods! :'(

PeneloRatsbane
02-06-2009, 12:59 PM
the way i see it is that it is very rare that a person loves only one person in there life time. So i think that he has loved both of them at different times and the fact that Tifa remains loyaly by his side suggests they should be together, but it doesn't cheapen his love for Aeris and his love for Aeris is not cheapened by his love for Tifa. its a complicated and realistic situation which is refreashing in an rpg

The Turk
02-06-2009, 04:59 PM
He loves Tifa. He liked her when they were children and that's why he went off to join Soldier, to impress her. Of course Cloud doesn't realize how much he likes her until after her regains all his memories, but once he does it becomes clear that he likes her and vice versa.

Remember the intimate scene between them two under the Highwind and Tifa's line "words aren't the only way to show feelings for someone" ... (or whatever the actual line was? It was implied that they spent the night together, as has been confirmed by the makers of the game- heck the original plan was for them to to emerge from the Highwind's chocobo stables, but they toned it down.

Cloud felt bad about Aeris' death, who wouldn't? But there is no evidence in the game that he ever loved her at all. Did Aeris like him? Well he's certainly her type (even more so than she thinks) and she is much more forwards than Tifa (despite Tifa's slutty reputation. What so all girls who wear mini skirts and have large breasts are sleep around?) However I think it's mostly harmless flirting and I think even she knew that Cloud and Tifa liked each other.

Aerith's Knight
02-06-2009, 05:17 PM
Cloud felt bad about Aeris' death, who wouldn't? But there is no evidence in the game that he ever loved her at all.

You might want to play back the death scene. That's not talk of someone talking about a friend.

It's called a love triangle because of a reason. Aerith died, so I'm not going to speculate on who he'd have chosen, seeing as the triangle became a line, one even Cloud could follow.

The Turk
02-06-2009, 06:06 PM
You mean the talk Cloud says to Sephiroth of how she will never laugh, cry or feel pain any more? That's the same type of feelings anybody would feel when someone they like died. I know someone who died recently and I felt the same questions Cloud did, but I was not in love with that person. Heck when one of my fish died I was upset about how it would never swim around anymore. (I was going to say more things I'd miss about the fish, but they are rather dull animals.)

Also nobody said the triangle had to be perfect. It could be something like this.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/MrWeedKiller/VIILovetriangle.jpg

But if we are talking the love triangle literally that means that Tifa and Aeris loved each other too and while I wished that was true (believe me I do), sadly for every slashfic writer it's not.

Psychotic
02-06-2009, 08:33 PM
This thread has been dead for four years! Let's keep it that way!

But as you guys are obviously enjoying the topic, feel free to make a new thread. :)