PDA

View Full Version : Compliments

The Captain
01-08-2005, 07:08 AM
What are some of the nicest compliments you've ever received?

For me, I'd have to say being told that I'm helpful and real, that I am a real person, and don't come off as fake.

How about yourselves?

Take care all.

Zell's Fists of Fury
01-08-2005, 07:10 AM
That I am the greatest guy in the world. By three girls.

http://spacemansp.homestead.com/files/reggoomba.gif

Roogle
01-08-2005, 07:13 AM
That I am the greatest guy in the world. By FOUR girls.

:moomba:

01-08-2005, 07:14 AM
my friend telling me that im the greatest after beating him in a battle of insults.

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
01-08-2005, 08:03 AM
some just recently txt messaged me to tell me that i am an inspiration!

Jojee
01-08-2005, 08:09 AM
That I'm the greatest guy in the world. By SEVEN girls.

I get compliments from random people, but I never know if they're fake or not. :|

Miriel
01-08-2005, 09:38 AM
I don't really take compliments that well, but it means a lot to me when my friends let me know that I'm a good friend.

"You're the best friend I've ever had" is probably the best compliment I've ever recieved. It made me feel all warm and mushy inside.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
01-08-2005, 09:44 AM
I was once told that a winner is me.

Loony BoB
01-08-2005, 10:46 AM
Spiff/Shlup need to tell me what date it was when Spiff went to Shlup's place before I can give the answer to this question.

Xander
01-08-2005, 11:03 AM
Probably that I'm honest and trustworthy. Well actually the single best compliment I ever received, was when me and lindsey went out to a bar/pub thing (eek social people scary place) and all the girls there were like really slim and "perfect" looking and wearing little skirts and dressy clothes, and I was wearing a hoody and jeans and I was probably the only girl there wearing that...and he said I was the most beautiful girl there. *sniff* That made me happy. ^_^

nik0tine
01-08-2005, 11:04 AM
Hmm.. Everyone recieves lots of compliments but a few stick out in my mind:

When I was in the fourth grade I thought I was pretty stupid. I made a remark about my intelligence and the teacher said "Oh really? I think you are going to be the next Albert Einstein." At the time I thought she was an idiot, but six or so years later I realized that was a pretty nice thing to say.

Another time I was in the car with my great uncle, fairly recently, and he was talking to me about how I can do anything and that I am a talented person. I don't really see myself that way, but it was very nice to hear.

At the moment, I can't think of anything else worth posting.

and he said I was the most beautiful girl there. *sniff* That made me happy. ^_^

Who is "he"?

Loony BoB
01-08-2005, 11:04 AM
Oh! Found it! Yay!

I touched the Place Where BoB Slept. I swear to God it was like touching the face of Jesus. I laid my hands upon the carpet and the heavens opened and angels wept. And thus my eyes were open a sto how great life can be And instead of murdering Ashley and Mandee and then taking my own life right there on Mandee's floor, as I was planning on doing, I went out and fed homeless children and planted a tree. Simply breathtaking.

Meat Puppet
01-08-2005, 11:40 AM
"Get out of my bed"

Doc Sark
01-08-2005, 12:46 PM
I get a compliment every time my gf says she loves me.

gokufusionss1
01-08-2005, 12:55 PM
"i like your new hair cut"
from suzanne murphy, man she was fine!

RSL
01-08-2005, 01:40 PM
ahaha nice sig Kishi

Okay, I don't get compliments too often.

Zell's Fists of Fury
01-08-2005, 05:16 PM
Oh! Found it! Yay!
:aimsun:

theundeadhero
01-08-2005, 06:05 PM
Doesn't he remind you of Kurt Cobain so much.
Sure it's not the best compliment in the world but it took me at a surprise and Nirvana was my favorite band at the time.

Dragon Ash
01-08-2005, 06:12 PM
Everyone who has seen me bowl calls me a legend!

That's because I roll the ball, turn around so i don't see it sink into the gutter and get a score at the end of about 50!

Optium
01-08-2005, 06:17 PM
"Mark is the most chill kid I've ever met."

That one made me feel tingly inside.

.opt

Yamaneko
01-08-2005, 06:27 PM
:up:

fire_of_avalon
01-08-2005, 07:11 PM
Probably the greatest compliment I received came from my eighth grade english teacher. She pulled me aside one day to talk about my written work, and I was prepared for the worst since all my other teachers had been like YOU DON'T OBEY YOU CAN'T WRITE FOR CRAP, but she was like you have a talent, and you need to feed it.

I said "whoa".

Peegee
01-08-2005, 07:15 PM
- Tokki accused me of being smart in a roundabout manner (or I'm twisting her words, either way...)

- Many people (all guys o_O) like my hair. I'm scared

- Some kids from Ohio love me -_-

I don't take compliments well.

Dingo Jellybean
01-08-2005, 10:23 PM
:up:

:down:

For me, I have a few...some that I probably shouldn't share.

Admittingly, I tend to like physical compliments a bit more.

"You're a good height."
"You have really nice hair."
"You should be a model." - I swear to God, TWO people said that and that's two more than I should get. Fortunately I have no pictures to prove my model-worthiness. Besides, pictures never does anyone any justice.

Here are trait compliments:

"You're pretty smart." - I'm always guilty about this one cause I know I'm a complete dumbass.
"You're a kind man." - I love compliments from old ladies, it's like...the best.

krissy
01-08-2005, 10:28 PM
'You're a god.' (twice)

im not tho guys, stop prayin. its ok, really. get up off them knees. church's that way. stop it. honest.

Itsunari 2000
01-08-2005, 11:06 PM
You're a good dancer ! :)
You're nuts man ! :tongue:
You know everything ! :rolleyes2
You're such a fit bastard ! :D
MY HERO ! :tongue:

Oh yeah , and ...

you're gonna be rich and successful ! :)

Faris
01-08-2005, 11:21 PM
"You're smart!"
"You have nice hair! Is it natural?"
"You're good!" - I think that was for soccer and baskett ball
"She's the best in the class!" - Badminton
"You're wearing a nice dress"/ "You look beautiful" (grade 6 and 8 graduation)
"You look a bit like your mother" :nonono: :yuck:
"You look a bit like your father" :nonono: :yuck:
"You're a good singer! You'll go far!"
"You're a good actress."
"You're a good baritone player. You can play in an orchestra (sp?) one day." - My music teacher. Like i'm really going to do that :mad:

Dking'squeen
01-08-2005, 11:35 PM
I've been told that I'm creative, make good stories, very creative, smart, creative, 'pretty'/'gorgeous'/'yadda yadda yadda'
I look like my dad/brother/grnadmom White
I'm an angel
I'm a devil
I'm like my Grandmom Parker
the greatest might have been, "You are an evil, violent, sarcastic, mean female."
This was after i punched some guy in the kidney by accident, i was aiming for the gut

Logan
01-08-2005, 11:44 PM
My US History AP teacher told me I was smarter than I thought I was.

Necronopticous
01-08-2005, 11:56 PM
When Shlup said she liked my poetry.

Dingo Jellybean
01-08-2005, 11:56 PM
I've been told that I'm creative, make good stories, very creative, smart, creative, 'pretty'/'gorgeous'/'yadda yadda yadda'
I look like my dad/brother/grnadmom White
I'm an angel
I'm a devil
I'm like my Grandmom Parker
the greatest might have been, "You are an evil, violent, sarcastic, mean female."
This was after i punched some guy in the kidney by accident, i was aiming for the gut

You should always punch someone you hate in the kidneys after they've had a lot to drink. That way they'll just piss in their pants. :)

Craig
01-08-2005, 11:58 PM
Hmm I tend to forget compliments, last one I can remember is that one of my art teachers told me I should have more confidence in my ability, I assume he ment I was better then I thought.

Tokki Wartooth
01-09-2005, 12:14 AM
A person said I look much better in person than in pictures, and I took that as a good compliment because of all the compliments I get on my pictures from people online. Hmm I'm feeling very arrogant now! I don't like this thread at all.

Mr. Graves
01-09-2005, 01:07 AM
Hmm. Come to think of it, nobody really compliments me. :(

Necronopticous
01-09-2005, 01:10 AM
Nice avatar Mr. Graves.

escobert
01-09-2005, 02:03 AM
I don't really get complimaents and that only one I can think of was a sexual one so I won't post it :p

Silmaril
01-09-2005, 04:23 AM
Everybody i know has called me "cute" in their lifetime. My friends, my sister's friends, my cousins, everyone. I've also been told I have nice hair ( my mom:)), a nice haircut (my friends :cool: ).

I was reaaaaaaaaaaally flattered when i posted a poem of mine on a forum and everybody said it was great. :D

SePhYsBlAdE666
01-09-2005, 04:36 AM
a gerl at school said i was reelly nice but then i tried to kiss her and she said gross and dosnt talk to me now but i dont care she is a bich!!!

You're new here. You will learn that flaming anyone will get you nowhere but banned...even if they're not a member here. ~ Leeza

01-09-2005, 04:58 AM
you tried to kiss a bitch. heh.

SePhYsBlAdE666
01-09-2005, 05:01 AM
ya i didnt no she wuz one until she called me gross oh well she is in a wheelchair now cuz of a car accident last yeer so i dont care

01-09-2005, 05:12 AM
permanently?

Giga Guess
01-09-2005, 05:33 AM
.............*shakes head*

I've had a few compliments. I've been told I'm attractive, so...

black orb
01-09-2005, 05:36 AM
>>> I used to be cute for a lot of people until I got this manly and scary face..:mad2:

Lionx
01-09-2005, 10:26 AM
I can feel that seph up there is a compassionate friend :eep:

As for me not many most are online:

You are one of two of my closest friends

I know it when i see it! you are HAWT! (o god i was SO damn blushing cuz of this ><)

You are a nice person...silly Liony

----

So yea >_>;;;