PDA

View Full Version : The Casualties, anyone?

battousai9439
01-08-2005, 09:42 PM
Hey, does anyone else here listen to The Casualties? What do you think of them? I gotta say, they're one of the best punk bands out there (REAL punk, not that Avril Lavigne crap! :mad: )

theundeadhero
01-08-2005, 11:26 PM
I saw them in concert at warped tour and got my CD signed! :)

TheAbominatrix
01-08-2005, 11:46 PM
I like them alright. Their music, I mean. They can go take a flying leap. They've canceled shows before because their hairdresser didnt hsow up to do their 15-foot-high mohawks.

There's better punk out there, but Casualties are pretty good.

nik0tine
01-09-2005, 01:18 AM
They can go take a flying leap. They've canceled shows before because their hairdresser didnt hsow up to do their 15-foot-high mohawks.

Is that true? If so, ive lost alot of respect for them.

Anyways I like the casualties. I only have their new album, and I like it alot (Especially unknown soldier) and thier shows are wild. If only they played longer... I like some of thier older stuff, the stuff that I have downloaded, but I don't own any of thier older albums.

What I like about the casualties is that their sound hasn't changed much, and it is still pretty darned hardcore unlike bands like anti flag who's sound has become a bit softer. (don't get me wrong, I love anti-flag) Anyways, they are pretty good, I like the Virus better though. :)

theundeadhero
01-09-2005, 05:21 AM
I guess I should at least clarify a little. It was a good live show and I listen to the CD occasionally. It's not my kind of punk and I didn't see them again when I had the chance but it's good for the kind of punk it is.

battousai9439
01-10-2005, 05:50 AM
Yeah, but almost every punk is my kind of punk. The real stuff anyway. Anti-flag has become a lot softer over the years, yes. "You've Gotta Die for the Government" is their best album.

But, as nik0tine said, there sound really doesn't change much. There old and new stuff sound very similar. There new album probably has some of their best stuff. Heck, Unknown Soldier is one of my all-time favorites songs. Tragedy is good too, it has somewhat of an old-school sound to it.