PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong with Amarant ?

Itsunari 2000
01-08-2005, 09:49 PM
:confused:
Why does Amarant seemto be everybody's least favourite character ? Most FFIX fans I ask say they dislike him ...

Apart from having being physically powerful ( I'd rank him second to Steiner in physical strength) his " No Mercy " and " Throw " skills can be extremely useful at the best of times. Is it just because he's so taciturn and aloof allthe time ?

TheSpoonyBard
01-08-2005, 09:57 PM
I think he's a great character, and Chakra is essential for me in the Desert Palace. I only wish you could get him earlier in the game. My usual team consists of Zidane, who I think is awful in battle, Eiko, Freya and Amarant. With Freya's White Draw and Amarant's Chakra Eiko rarely runs low on MP. Amarant's offensive capabilities are second only to Steiner's, but with a much higher Speed and Magic Def stats I find him more useful. If only Amarant could equip the Tin Armour...

Polyonymous
01-08-2005, 09:59 PM
I never really use him, I guess I never did because because of his attitude. It may seem a little silly, but if I don't like a characters personality, I dont use that character.

rubah
01-09-2005, 12:03 AM
Amarant is one I enjoy using in battle:D He's got a really bad attitude, but chakra and aura and stuff TOTALLY makes up for it.

and he's cool looking:)

Dking'squeen
01-09-2005, 12:04 AM
Amarant's cool with me because he's almost as strong as my Zidane

Ultima Shadow
01-09-2005, 12:09 AM
He's ok... but not as good as most of the other characters in FFIX.

Necronopticous
01-09-2005, 12:11 AM
I like anyone who introduces themself as "The flaming "insert name here"" thus, I like Amarant.

Yuffie514
01-09-2005, 08:09 AM
for some reason, i think Amarant has a cool goatee, but he needs to do something about his hair. it reminds me of this one raggedy doll...oh yeah, Raggedy Ann! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kawaii Ryűkishi
01-09-2005, 10:43 AM
Salamander is one of my favorite characters in FFIX, both in and out of battle. He's right up there with Quina, Freya, and Beatrix.

bEoWuLfX
01-09-2005, 06:53 PM
he was alright, better than zidane for sure, but I really liked his no mercy and throw stuff.

ShivaBlizzard8
01-09-2005, 08:47 PM
I think Amarant's a really good fighter, great for battles, but it's obnoixous that you get him so late in the game that he's always playing "catch up" when it comes to learning abilities and such. That, and since he comes and goes from the party, its annoying to spend much time leveling him up just to not be able to use him in certain battles. I also thought the story didn't pay as much attention to his character as it did the others - I mean, it was okay, but not great. I don't dislike Amarant, but I'm kind of indifferent to his character.

DJZen
01-09-2005, 08:58 PM
I find his history with Zidane very funny.

Imperia
01-09-2005, 10:11 PM
I like Amarant. He's one of my favorites. He's a great fighter too. I think some of the reasons why people don't like Amarant is either because of his attitude (I don't know why, it's no different from Squall's, yet people choose Squall :rolleyes2 ), or it's because he didn't have much character developement. Personally, I like him better than Steiner.

Dark Matter
01-10-2005, 05:07 PM
I think Lani :<3: Amarant. Does anyone agree with me??

Battle: I dislike 'throw' command, what a waste of money... I'll sell the weapons instead!
(I'll tell you a secret! I'm sure that I used the command more or less than 20 times!) :whoa:

Field: Zidane's the only one who understands him... oh yeah! Me too! :love:

Ezme
01-10-2005, 06:31 PM
I don't like Amarant. But then again I don't like Squall either but at least her changes.......slightly at least. Plus i think that anyone who introduces themself as "The Flaming....." is just sad and has too big an ego......

m4tt
01-10-2005, 06:43 PM
He's got moxy, I like him.

boris no no
01-11-2005, 05:04 PM
i guess i don't like him because you don't get him til maidain sari and by then most of my characters were pretty strong and i couldn't be bothered to level him up much...

sayen
01-12-2005, 09:27 AM
armanant is weak apart from chaka there is no point in having him in battle. whenever i had to use him i knoked him out so the others wuld get more exp. throw is a waste of money and weapons casue you could either sell them or use them in synithis.

ps is stealing nessacery for Zidane to do 9999 damige when you get his ultimate weapon?

TheSpoonyBard
01-12-2005, 10:42 AM
No, but Stealing a lot will cause Thievery to damage an enemy for 9,999 HP, but it will take a very long time. If you find Amarant to be too weak just equip him with the Avenger (Added Status is Death Blow, instantly KO-ing an enemy in one hit).

sayen
01-12-2005, 01:33 PM
thanx i dont find armant to weak i find him pitifully weak and his hair is another good reason not to use him.

Itsunari 2000
01-13-2005, 05:33 PM
thanx i dont find armant to weak i find him pitifully weak and his hair is another good reason not to use him.

His hair ??? :confused:

m4tt
01-13-2005, 05:55 PM
Yes because sayen is quite vain and must only have characters with perfect hair. :D

kikimm
01-13-2005, 08:18 PM
When I first saw him, I was put off by his...hair, if that's what you'd call it. He has almost no face at all. At least one that's visible. But he speaks his mind, no sugar-coating at all, and doesn't have patience for the annoying people in the game---it's all good to me.

Although he'll probably never be one of my favorite characters, but he appears so late, and says very little.

:D

Del Murder
01-15-2005, 07:44 AM
Aramant is good. His skills are not generic and very useful. Plus his attitude reminds me of a friend of mine.

Flashback007
01-15-2005, 09:42 AM
There is only one reason I dislike using Amarant. I didn't level him up well enough and evertime I encoutered an enemy he got killed. But he has some good attacks. Only when you use him with low levels, he is a complete waste of that position in the party.