PDA

View Full Version : HTML hoo-haa

theundeadhero
01-09-2005, 03:15 AM
This is basically how I have table set up. What I want to do is make a table with 10 columns in it. The first column should have 2 rows in it. The "Name" title in the first and then a second with just the monster name in it. The other columns should have 4 rows in them. The 1st. row with MP, GIL, EXP, AP, Weak, Immune, Absorb, and 1/2 damage tites should line up with the name title. The 2nd row should have the info for those titles in it. Under that the 3rd. should be a second title row with Morph, Steal, Skills, Location thats only as tall as the 1st. row. Under that the 4th row should have the info in it.

The first attachment shows what I have coded now.

The second attachment shows what I want the table to look like.

This is probably something simple that I just don't know about yet. I would spend hours figuring it out, but the bandwidth at my test site ran out and I HATE waiting an hour to be able to try again.

Necronopticous
01-09-2005, 03:20 AM
I'll code it for you, give me 5 minutes.

Baloki
01-09-2005, 03:23 AM
not using colspan and rowspan by any chance?

Typing:
<table border="2" bordercolor="#ffffff">
<tr>
<td colspan="2">
hello
</td>
<td rowspan="2">
hello
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>
hello
</td>
<td>
hello
</td>
</tr>
</table>

Would produce:

<table border="2" bordercolor="#ffffff"><tr><td colspan="2">hello</td><td rowspan="2">hello</td></tr><tr><td>hello</td><td>hello</td></tr></table>

Necronopticous
01-09-2005, 03:37 AM
This should do it, just add the styles you want to the table.

PS. You know you don't need an HTML test site, just give your text file a .html extension and open it on your desktop. HTML is just a markup language so you don't need the internet to show it, just an internet browser.

theundeadhero
01-09-2005, 03:51 AM
Thanks, I'll have to tweak it some to get it just right, but this gives me what I need to get it done in a way I never knew how. Colspan and rowspan are foreign to me. I never took any webdesign classes or anything in college. I just PM'd FM, or was it Loony BoB?, one day and was like, hey I'm gonna make a page for this and learned HTML as I went along. So far so good. I have A LOT to learn.