PDA

View Full Version : Sephiroth likes fuzzy little kittens [Spoilers]

SePhYsBlAdE666
01-09-2005, 04:32 AM
i like how he killed her with masamune his dark sword but i think he should have choped off her head and than kicked it into the water hehehe or he could have used a bazooka but i like the sword more it is cool!!!

:chop:

TasteyPies
01-09-2005, 04:35 AM
Shoulda caught her on his sword and swung her into the air. Then when she came down chopped her in half.

Yuffie514
01-09-2005, 04:43 AM
that's just plain evil. i like Sephiroth, but i'm glad Cloud made him pay for all the bad he did, especially for Aeris.

Carnage
01-09-2005, 04:46 AM
Spoiler tags [!]asshole[/!]*snip*

Carnage, again...if you can't say anything nice about someone...don't say anything at all. I won't be telling you this many more times. ~ Leeza

EDit: :( logs off.

SePhYsBlAdE666
01-09-2005, 05:12 AM
lol ya he should have choped her in half that would have bin soooooo ocol!!! or he should have put a spell on REDXII and made him rip her apart like a lion

theundeadhero
01-09-2005, 05:23 AM
That spell thing would of been awesome!

ProphecyofChaos
01-09-2005, 05:31 AM
...you guys don't like Aeris very much do you?

battousai9439
01-09-2005, 06:51 AM
1) If he absolutely HAD to kill her, it should be as quick and painless as possible. Aerith (AKA the best character in video game history) did not deserve to die!!

2) My god, the whole title of this thread is a spoiler... I don't think you should have named it this...

Meat Puppet
01-09-2005, 07:02 AM
He should've killed Barrett instead. And Cloud. And Yuffie. And Red XIII. And Cait Sith. And Vincent. And Tifa. And Cid. And Aeris. And Sephiroth.

SePhYsBlAdE666
01-09-2005, 09:21 AM
aerith wtf its aeris and she is a stupid girl sephy gets rid of her and tifa is way hotter

Zante
01-09-2005, 09:47 AM
I think it would be more dramatical if Cloud would kill her instead.

theundeadhero
01-09-2005, 10:03 AM
It was originally Aerith in Japan. Square changed it when they imported it to America. Learn you history. Heres a good place to learn from www.eyesonff.com

Kawaii Ryűkishi
01-09-2005, 10:40 AM
Aeris is just as valid a transliteration of "earisu" as Aerith is. It's just that, in '97, Square preferred the former, and now they seem to favor the latter.

Doomgaze
01-09-2005, 11:00 AM
how do you get a th out of "earisu"? I'm not doubting you, I just don't get it.

meowwl
01-09-2005, 11:05 AM
The Aeris thing is a pun on the word Heiress. She is the heir to the power of the ancients after all..and I don't think the TH sound is present in the japanese language, :confused: like L or the ER sound at the end of words..you know, the way that slipper in english becomes surippa in japanese.

LastCetra
01-09-2005, 11:37 AM
People! Aerith is Aeris too! You see the japanese pronounce th like s and just to make it simple they changed it when they brought it over to the other countries.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
01-09-2005, 12:03 PM
Yeah, the Japanese have no real TH-sound, so they approximate it with a T-sound or, far more commonly, an S-sound. Sephiroth is "sefirosu," for example.

meowwl
01-09-2005, 12:17 PM
I don't recall Sephiroth killing in any manner other than quickly and cleanly He didn't seem to just go on wanton killing sprees either..he eliminated those in his way, or those who directly opposed him for the most part...the only exception was Nibleheim.

Ultima Shadow
01-09-2005, 01:05 PM
1) If he absolutely HAD to kill her, it should be as quick and painless as possible. Aerith (AKA the best character in video game history) did not deserve to die!!

While I don't agree that she's "the best" character in video game history... she's indeed a very great character and she really didn't deserve to die. However... Aeris death was vital for the storyline. It made the story more tragic and touching. Aeris death scene is without a doubt 1 of the most touching scenes in video game history.

yo momma
01-09-2005, 01:52 PM
So either way the pronunciation has always been Aeris right? Why do so many people call her aerith now though noone did before kingdom hearts came out

TheAbominatrix
01-09-2005, 01:59 PM
As Kishi said, both are valid. I called her Aerith far before KH came out, and many others did as well. It's a matter of personal preference.

rubah
01-09-2005, 07:36 PM
I call her aeris. It just seems wrong for me to do otherwise. I even named her aerith in my first game so I'd try to get away from that, but it didn't work.

aerith does sound prettier though:)

Captain Red
01-10-2005, 12:16 AM
I believe it says Aeris in the manual, does it not? And yes, the language translation is true, the TH to S change is valid. But, we aren't in Japan, now, are we?

TheAbominatrix
01-10-2005, 12:22 AM
Yes, it does say Aeris in the manual. But it says Aerith in Kingdom Hearts. So either is valid. It really doesnt matter where in the world we are.

Dking'squeen
01-10-2005, 12:27 AM
it's the same thing, can we leave it at that and go on about your killing spree :whimper:

battousai9439
01-10-2005, 05:35 AM
But, we aren't in Japan, now, are we?

How do you know that?

Naughty Tifa
01-10-2005, 06:43 AM
I think Sephy should have sliced her head off in one swift motion so we could see the blood squirting out of her and-

*cough*

I just call her Aeris...Aerith sounds wrong. Like a <Edit by Kishi: Don't say anything like this again, or you're gone>.

BudSoda02
01-10-2005, 07:12 PM
Go Kishi! As it has been said, this is a FAMILY oriented (or rated E ) website, except teen-oriented stuff directly rating to the game. If you want to mouth off, you're gonna get banned!!! Seriously, they DO kick out people who don't clean up their act after several warnings. So congrats to Kishi & any other 'cleaner' adminastrator. This is proof that they're really good people here...
Thanks- BudSoda02 BudSoda02@yahoo.com
p.s. Adminastrators: close up this thread & delete it permenantly. This' my suggestion.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
01-10-2005, 10:40 PM
Uhm.

TheAbominatrix
01-10-2005, 11:49 PM
Haha, he thinks Kishi is clean. Classic.

kazu
01-10-2005, 11:53 PM
I think I remember hearing that the FFVII demo had "Aerith". Anyway, it officially should be "Aerith" since its the way they had it in Japan (It was written in roman characters, not katakana so its obvious they meant it to be spelled that way) and since FFVII was first made in Japan, and belong to a company that is Japanese, it is the official way. FFVII had many translation errors, that may be one of them, and that is why they changed it to Aerith in KH to correct that error.

Shoden
01-13-2005, 06:16 PM
ok let me break it down to yous all, in Japan the Th doesnt exist so you cannot say it was the original spelling and name, if you translate it properly i think you should get Aeris not Aerith alright it just annoys me to see people use the wrong name which is Aerith. we played the english language versions so we should say aeris as it was that at default when you name her.

Harvest Moon
01-13-2005, 07:30 PM
Why kill Aeris? She's cute, that makes no logical sense!

Kill the cross-dressing crappy clone Cloud. (Ehh, spoiler?)

Shoden
01-13-2005, 07:58 PM
hmmm thats what they want you to think, cloud isnt a clone or else Tifa wouldnt know him well, nor barret. Sephiroth did it to mess up clouds head even more. he only cross dressed because Aeris made him do it to get Tifa away from the guy obcessed with his errr dangly bits, and cloud threatened to chop them off. i couldnt stop laughing after the reaction.

TheAbominatrix
01-14-2005, 12:16 AM
ok let me break it down to yous all, in Japan the Th doesnt exist so you cannot say it was the original spelling and name, if you translate it properly i think you should get Aeris not Aerith alright it just annoys me to see people use the wrong name which is Aerith. we played the english language versions so we should say aeris as it was that at default when you name her.

I think I believe Kishi more than you. Oh, that and the creators, who 'corrected' her name in KH.

Shoden
01-14-2005, 07:08 PM
you dont have to believe me but im just pointing things out in a theory i might be wrong it cpuld be Aerin or somethin

theundeadhero
01-14-2005, 07:48 PM
Kill the cross-dressing crappy clone Cloud.Cloud wasn't a clone.

Del Murder
01-15-2005, 06:11 PM
I'm pretty sure the whole Aerith/Aeris thing was settled with KH. If she was supposed to be called Aeris they would not have changed it. I still call her Aeris because that's what it says on the screen when I put my CD in the Playstation. I usually stick with the first spelling I see.

What does any of this have to do with Sephiroth and kittens? STAY ON TOPIC PEOPLE

Shoden
01-15-2005, 08:38 PM
thats what im saying if its on Final Fantasy 7 stick with it. Kingdom hearts has as much relation to FF story as Cloud has to Squall nothing. it was probably changed for the sake of it

DJZen
01-16-2005, 03:39 AM
Sephiroth didn't kill Aeris. Or Aerith for that matter.

TheAbominatrix
01-16-2005, 03:46 AM
It has a relation to FF in the fact that they're the same characters. What happens in KH doesnt effect or relate to the storylines of the FF games, but the Aerith correction is still valid, no matter how much you deny it. And that's all I'll say on the subject.

And good point, Zen.

Shoden
01-16-2005, 11:09 PM
its Aeris in Ff7 therefore the name we SHOULD use is Aeris, if it was aerith square ennix would of told us all

Raistlin
01-16-2005, 11:16 PM
its Aeris in Ff7 therefore the name we SHOULD use is Aeris, if it was aerith square ennix would of told us all
*cough* Kingdom Hearts *cough*

Shoden
01-16-2005, 11:23 PM
kingdom hearts was created for younger gamers so Aerith was probably translated to stop cruelty to ppl with a lisp

just a comment. Aeris Aerith both are the corect translations but in FF7 she was called aeris so i think Aeris should be the proper name to use.

theundeadhero
01-16-2005, 11:43 PM
kingdom hearts was created for younger gamers so Aerith was probably translated to stop cruelty to ppl with a lispWTF?
If thats the case then why is there Sora instead of Thora, or any changes to the other S names.

TheAbominatrix
01-17-2005, 01:10 AM
No one's forcing you to use Aerith, Shoden. If you dont like it, dont use it. But dont harp on other people about it, you dont have a leg to stand on.

Especially since gamers were calling her Aerith long before KH.

DMKA
01-17-2005, 02:52 AM
Especially since gamers were calling her Aerith long before KH.
And before FF7 hit American shores.

SomethingBig
01-17-2005, 03:00 AM
Square Enix also told us to attack the scorpion boss while it's tail's up.

I don't think you folks understand how that scene was supposed to be a tragic and depressing scene and not some sort of climactic end to an important character, like in a Jet Li movie.

DMKA
01-17-2005, 03:05 AM
Square Enix also told us to attack the scorpion boss while it's tail's up.
No...you people just didn't let poor Barret finish telling you what he needed to tell you. :(

TheAbominatrix
01-17-2005, 03:24 AM
This guy are sick.

theundeadhero
01-17-2005, 03:50 AM
I don't think you folks understand how that scene was supposed to be a tragic and depressing scene and not some sort of climactic end to an important character, like in a Jet Li movie.It was supposed to be symbolic of the sadness and loss Hironobo Sakaguchi felt due to the death of his mother.

SomethingBig
01-17-2005, 04:32 AM
That too.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
01-17-2005, 05:20 AM
You know, originally it was intended for Hironobu Sakaguchi's mother to come back to life.

theundeadhero
01-17-2005, 05:23 AM
Was that in the Mishiekal's Disks of Faith version of life?

nik0tine
01-17-2005, 05:44 AM
You know, originally it was intended for Hironobu Sakaguchi's mother to come back to life.

Yeah. Unfortunately Hironobo Sakaguchi never could master his KoTR materia 100 times and then find the Heavan harp and then ride his gold chocobo to the secret invisible island just off the coast of japan. It's unfortunate because in that island he could have revived his mother and lived happily ever after. Too bad, I guess. :(

UltimateSpamGrover
01-17-2005, 06:14 AM
Sephiroth and kittens

Once upon a time, there was a genome named Zidane, he ran away from Lindblum at the age of 9, there he met Cloud. Cloud was 17 and a loner. Zidane and Cloud had a fight, Zidane killed Cloud and hijacked Cloud's airship and took it to Corel Prison. Once he landed in Corel Prosn, he met Baku. Baku was just starting Tantalus when all of the sudden Sephiroth and his kittens attack.

To be continued later...
Note: The story is not supposed to make any sense, except Sephiroth and his kittens

battousai9439
01-17-2005, 07:46 AM
My god, this thread is horribly off-topic now. I vote for closing it!

Memorylight
01-17-2005, 07:46 AM
Sephiroth and kittens

Once upon a time, there was a genome named Zidane, he ran away from Lindblum at the age of 9, there he met Cloud. Cloud was 17 and a loner. Zidane and Cloud had a fight, Zidane killed Cloud and hijacked Cloud's airship and took it to Corel Prison. Once he landed in Corel Prosn, he met Baku. Baku was just starting Tantalus when all of the sudden Sephiroth and his kittens attack.

THE END
Note: The story is not supposed to make any sense, except Sephiroth and his kittens

Okay, What the F? Sure as hell doesn't make any sense, but sure, Sephiroth and his kittens attacking, now I've seen it all, no doubt... :D

And I say Aeris even if it's Aerith, cause I mean who cares, it's not like the end of the world if you can say it in two ways, and I also think that Sepiroth killing Aeris was one of the most tragic moments in game history, so saaaad. But it would have been alot more angsty if Sephiroth would have forced Cloud to do it! :cry:

Shoden
01-17-2005, 05:50 PM
OMFG!!!! lol what the friggin hell ? that is weird very very weird. wait howd he get the kittens?

SomethingBig
01-17-2005, 06:29 PM
Here's a thought: let's get back on topic.

I like how Sephy killed Aerith. Square pulled it off perfectly and did it in such a way that it was both artistic and tragic.

Shoden
01-17-2005, 08:25 PM
errr you mean back off topc this is about fuzzy little kittens and spehiroth

Kawaii Ryűkishi
01-17-2005, 08:35 PM
Actually, this thread is supposed to be about how Sephiroth should have killed Aeris. I had to change the thread title because it had spoilers, but that didn't change the actual topic of the thread.

Shoden
01-17-2005, 09:33 PM
meh,
Sephiroth should of overkilled her or did a run and slash on her

meowwl
01-18-2005, 02:04 AM
I still think that Sephiroth did it just the way he should have, quick and clean...There has to have been something else other than just fear that made people call him 'The Great Sephiroth", and made him seem approachable enough for Tifa to beg a picture with him in Nibelheim...He obviously allowed the pic to be taken..He killed Aeris because she was a threat to his plans..He only killed people who were in his way, except for Nibelheim.

TheAbominatrix
01-18-2005, 02:15 AM
He didnt kill anyone but the folks in Nibelheim, seeing as he was in the North Crater the whole time. Every Sephiroth you fight up until that point is JENOVA.

SomethingBig
01-18-2005, 03:03 AM
Oopsh, I forgot about that.

theundeadhero
01-18-2005, 03:20 AM
In game he doesn't kill anyone else, but even before Nibelheim he was the top ranked soldier. He earned that reputation in a way the game doesn't explain.

Memorylight
01-18-2005, 12:32 PM
Sepiroth is just plain cool, :love: he's my hero...
No, really, you never get to know how he got the titel as the greatest solider ever, does anyone know?
Cause I mean Cloud defeated him without difficulty in the factory at Nibleheim... But after the whole Jenova and lifestream incident he got pretty strong, being a God and all that.

TheAbominatrix
01-18-2005, 12:43 PM
He had a good PR agent.

UltimateSpamGrover
01-19-2005, 11:04 AM
Sephy and Kittens Part Two
Note: This story is not supposed to make sense in any way.
As Sephiroth and his kittens (made out of Jenova cells) attack, a young girl by the name of Aeris comes and protects Zidane with his attack, at the cost of her life. Then Don Corneo comes and destroys the world.

THE END

Shoden
01-19-2005, 09:38 PM
whoaaaaa, thats just freaky and wrong. which schizofrenic lunatic would go and make an army of jenoa mutated felines? thats just a waste of jenova cells isnt it?

Sephiroth was defeated by cloud as sephiroth underestimated him and so he was knocked down into the mako.

battousai9439
01-20-2005, 03:03 AM
The kittens revolt...

sorrowforsephiroth401
01-20-2005, 03:13 AM
Didn't Sephiroth get fame and prestigous for the war with Wutai??

battousai9439
01-20-2005, 03:27 AM
I dunno...

meowwl
01-22-2005, 10:46 AM
For the war in Wutai and for being the best..and maybe for being nice enough to let twatwaffle kids like Tifa get pictures with him...thats a few reasons for him to be called "The Great Sephiroth.