PDA

View Full Version : Tecmo Super Bowl

Strider
01-09-2005, 05:33 AM
Also known as the greatest football game of all time. I'm currently in the middle of a humungous project of sorts, in which I go through a season with every single one of the 28 teams and see how well I do. This is also the only game I'd ever consider doing such a thing with. It's so addictive, it's sickening.

At the moment, I've completed 12 teams, mostly the dregs of the NFL like the Phoenix Cardinals and the Indianapolis Colts. I've won the division every single time, and I've been to 8 Super Bowls, winning six. I've also had two perfect 16-0 seasons, with the Cincinnati Bengals and the Detroit Lions, but lost in the divisional round with both of those teams. I'm saving the New England Patriots for last, because they're especially awful (Scott Zolak, anyone?) and I wouldn't want to ruin my anticipation. Right now, I'm 11-1 with the Washington Redskins.

And for the record, I'm talking about the first version for the SNES for all of this. We'll include the other versions, though, along with the NES game for discussion. How great is this game? Hint: G-R-E-A-T. Do you have any especially fond memories of this game? Have you ever done anything like I'm doing? Stuff like that.

Del Murder
01-09-2005, 05:36 AM
I am interested in seeing the results of this project.

Strider
01-09-2005, 05:40 AM
Recently, I've taken two to three days per team. And all of this, mind you, is on a keyboard, not a controller. Extra challenging that way.

Oh, yes, I can show you what I've done so far, if you want. Word Document.

theundeadhero
01-09-2005, 06:27 AM
All I can say is that I hate playing sports and I have the NES and the SNES version of Tecmo Superbowl. A testiment to how great this game really is. Tecmo Super Bowl 3 on SNES cose $30 at the video game store down the road.