PDA

View Full Version : Blue Mage vs. Red Mage

Yuffie514
01-09-2005, 07:24 AM
if there was a battle between a Blue Mage and a Red Mage, which one do you think would win? honestly, i think Red Mage would win 'cause a Red Mage can cast various magic-spells.

Lord Chainsaw
01-09-2005, 07:35 AM
Blue mage is just too unbalanced and powerful. That's probably one of the reasons why they aren't in Final Fantasy XI.

With attacks such as Shockwave Pulsar, White Wind, ????, Frog Drop, and the legendary Mighty Guard, there's no stopping one.

Zante
01-09-2005, 10:05 AM
Probably blue mages, as red mages don't have any of the stronger spells, just crap like Fire2 or Cure.

turnitup5000db
01-09-2005, 10:25 AM
Sorry, blue mage fans, but in order for a blue mage to have any sort of power at all, they need to get hit. Untill the blue mage gets the hell kicked out of it by something, its a very weak and wimpy version of a fighter.

RedCydranth
01-09-2005, 10:28 AM
Hard for a Blue mage to cast spells when the Red casts silence on it. Red Wins.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
01-09-2005, 10:47 AM
Sorry, blue mage fans, but in order for a blue mage to have any sort of power at all, they need to get hit. Untill the blue mage gets the hell kicked out of it by something, its a very weak and wimpy version of a fighter.So is a Red Mage, until some spells are bought for him.

turnitup5000db
01-09-2005, 12:39 PM
Point taken... however, its easier to amass the gp to buy fire1 and cure1 or some such than it is to track down a monster with the appropriate attack, then have it use it on you, then escape before said monster gets pissed and kills you, then go to an inn, spend gp healing, and then go track down your red mage buddy who is probably already waaaay far on in the game getting fire3 or something. Just saying... unless you actually think a blue mage could take anyone with something he learned off an imp.

Yuffie514
01-10-2005, 07:32 AM
i'm kinda confused about who the Red-Mages in Final Fantasy are. in Tactics Advance, they can cast black/white spells, but that's pretty much all i know. because of the way Freya dresses, i often think she's a Red-Mage.

turnitup5000db
01-10-2005, 07:50 AM
You pretty much hit the nail on the head. Red Mages are mages who can cast both black and white magic, and have some ability with swords, usually. However, because they split their focus three ways there, they will never be nearly as good as a fighter with swords, nor as good as a white mage with white spells, or a black mage with black spells. They are very versitile but don't tend to pack much punch.

Alexander
01-10-2005, 01:07 PM
Red Mage's good: DOUBLECAST/CHAIN MAGIC! \o/

Well, two blasts of Fire2 at the same time? \o\

Flashback007
01-10-2005, 06:26 PM
Well, do I really need to tell (points to profile picture). I choose for Red Mage ofcourse.

rubah
01-11-2005, 12:13 AM
red mages are limited though. after a while level three black and white magic just isn't useful anymore. no flare, holy, ultima, life2, etc.

whereas mightyguard is always cool.

Flamethrower
01-11-2005, 12:17 AM
Blue mages usually have the best of both worlds.

Red mages usually have the crappiest of both worlds.

I think it's fairly obvious what's better.

ChaosCalibur
01-11-2005, 12:56 AM
"red m8ges 4 life"

Sepho
01-11-2005, 09:24 PM
because of the way Freya dresses, i often think she's a Red-Mage.

And it doesn't help that all of the Red Mage NPCs in Final Fantasy IX resemble her. Freya is a Dragoon, though, if for no other reason that she carries a spear/lance and uses the traditional Jump technique.

And my vote would go for Blue Mages, although it's quite obvious that some Blue Mages are better off than others, based on the selection of Blue Magic that is unique to each game. So it's a little subjective, in that regard.

The concept behind the Red Mage is a good one on paper, but it's just painful knowing that your Red Mage will never have magic as powerful as your other mages, nor will he ever cause as much physical damage as your fighter. I avoid them at all costs.

If there was a way to make them as powerful as the three classes with which the Red Mage shares characteristics, even if it meant spending thrice as much time, or more, developing him, I'd be all over it.

Tama2
01-11-2005, 09:34 PM
Well the battle could go either way. I tihnk it's all about there speed. Let's say both mages are lvl. 99 all magic and what not. Red could cast slient then Shazam Blue is basically gone (They got no items either). But if the Blue mage were to cast lets say.... reflect???? or Muddle L.3 it's fair to say that Red is goin down.

But I still prefer Red to Blue.

Captain Maxx Power
01-11-2005, 11:39 PM
Red Mage. Character spells over monster spells anyday.

You spoony Bard!!!!!!!!!!
01-11-2005, 11:46 PM
Heck no its all Blue mage. When you are damaged who cares about cure2 when you have white wind. Also mightyguard pretty much makes you invincible. And I dont think silence would hit. Plus they have items to cure silence. Shockwave Pulsar = devastating.

turnitup5000db
01-11-2005, 11:54 PM
PLEASE remember that if you're going to bring up shockwave pulsar, you bring up quistis, who was a hideously unbalanced and powerful blue mage. If you bring her up, I get to bring up FuSoYa from FF4, cause even though his class was "Lunar", he had white and black magic, which basically made him a red mage. And he knew every spell in both of those classes of magic. Shockwave pulsar, eat my Flare/White/Meteo/Cure4.

Tama2
01-12-2005, 12:06 AM
Shazam!!!!!!

Yuffie514
01-12-2005, 07:06 PM
Red Mages may have only semi-powerful magic but they can really deal a lot of damage with Doublecast. or, they could also double the effects of Cure.

Ultima Shadow
01-12-2005, 07:48 PM
Hard for a Blue mage to cast spells when the Red casts silence on it. Red Wins.
It's even whorse for the Red Mage if he's hit by BAD BREATH!!! :tongue:

Go Bluemages!!! :cool:

Harvest Moon
01-12-2005, 08:02 PM
Concept wise I prefer the blue, developing power through monster tactics has a "ends justify the means, be as the enemy" feel to it.

Redmages are like D&D bards blah.

Power wise it depends greatly on the level and what they're exposed too. If you fight often more then likely your blue mage will have some good tricks up his or her sleeve, if you got some gold and a little common sense you can make a decent red mage to kick some monster copying butt.

Time consuming wise the red mage is better, but the blue mage is more promising if given the oppurtunity to excell. Unfourtanatly time is something most people don't have. So where as I see me WANTING the blue mage to win, more then likely you'd be better off red and thus the jack of all trades has just been kinged.

Glad i'm black. :cool: