PDA

View Full Version : What Would Your Ultimate Weapon Be?

Yuffie514
01-09-2005, 08:01 AM
i like Squall's LionHeart. just imagine a female gunblade user...

rubah
01-09-2005, 07:20 PM
the big huge metal pole I have outside.

It's awesome. It's almost taller than I am.

I'll call it the Pole of Smiting.

Martyr
01-09-2005, 09:18 PM
Some kind of hard core Falchion.
I haven't exactly designed it yet, but you can be sure that it can be held with one or two hands with ease. It'll be more like a machete (Bastard Machete) than anything, and perfectly fit for use by Miami Mexicans.

Flamethrower
01-09-2005, 09:22 PM
Screw pretty looking swords. I'd take a missile launcher.

Macp
01-10-2005, 01:43 AM
Squall's Lionheart.

turnitup5000db
01-10-2005, 02:13 AM
Dude, gotta be sephiroths masamune... *drools*... mmmm.... endless destruuuuction... tasty....

one.winged.angel.
01-10-2005, 02:54 AM
a dueling glove

BudSoda02
01-11-2005, 05:59 PM
I'd take the Excalibur I made for Tidus in FFX. It had break damage limit, triple overdrive & triple AP for the added abilities. Hardly an ordinary Excalibur.
Thanks- BudSoda02 BudSoda02@yahoo.com

Dking'squeen
01-11-2005, 06:03 PM
if it had to be a weapon from FF, maybe Ultima Weapon made for Kloud
If it didn't have to be a weapon from FF, sai Knives to twin katanas, like Ajira from SDK

RedCydranth
01-11-2005, 06:46 PM
Mine's similar to flamethrower's, but more FF. Mine'd be a Gun of sort.

Ultima Shadow
01-11-2005, 07:54 PM
The Ultima Weapon sword ofcourse! :D

DaggerFlux
01-11-2005, 08:26 PM
a gun of some kind, except it would have like magic bullets wich would combine the bullet power with different spells (blk magic lol could u imagine shooting sumone to cure them....)

eg. 'holy' or 'ultima' bullet

dunno if this idea has actually been used before

Tama2
01-11-2005, 08:29 PM
Simple a knife.

turnitup5000db
01-11-2005, 09:05 PM
The gun Idea was kind of used in the FF anime. The dude had a gun that let him summon, but yeah, thats pretty cool

RedCydranth
01-11-2005, 09:21 PM
a gun of some kind, except it would have like magic bullets wich would combine the bullet power with different spells (blk magic lol could u imagine shooting sumone to cure them....)

eg. 'holy' or 'ultima' bullet

dunno if this idea has actually been used before

In FFX-2 theres a job called Gun Mage. But thats that game's Blue Mage, similar but not the same.

In FFT theres a Blaze Gun which ironically shoots Ice element bullets and has a chance of actually inflicting the spell Blizzard/Blizzara/Blizzaga on them. There was one that shot Fire spells/element but the name escapes me. It was like Blizzard or Freeze Gun. Turnitup, Help me out, you know it.

UltimaLimit
01-12-2005, 01:15 AM
Meteor on a string, like a yo-yo from hell. :p

Seriously, a piece of metal pipe about the length of my arm. I'm pretty good with it. Just give it an equip bonus of +10% speed/evade and defense and a 90% chance of inflicting critical hits, and I'd be happy.

Martyr
01-12-2005, 05:36 AM
Wait, this is only FF weapons?

The Diamond Club from FFII (Was it Diamond of Crystal? I think Diamond. I'm pretty sure crystal was only armor)

Man, I would love to be an ogrish bastard bashing heads with the most expensive and most unbreakable club ever. As an added benefit, I'd never be unprepared for a baseball game.

Azure Chrysanthemum
01-12-2005, 05:37 AM
I'm quite proficient with spears, so something like the Aura Lance.

Rase
01-12-2005, 05:43 AM
Who needs fancy things when a dagger in the neck stops anyone.

Martyr
01-12-2005, 05:51 AM
Who needs fancy things when a dagger in the neck stops anyone.

1. See the post above you.
2. I threw a knife at a tree once to try and learn to throw knoves. It bounced back at me and I almost got it in the neck. I guess I'm a kick-ass knife thrower, but I don't want to kill the wrong person. Namely me.
3. A spear theough the torso stops anyone, and sword, an axe, or a stray cat through the heart stops anyone, a club through the skull stops anything, and a whipping in the toes really hurts.
4. Knives are for cowards who have no confidence in their martial skill or they're for untrained and unambitious losers who don't belong in a fight situation.
I've never seen anybody use a knife for fighting unless their opponent was unarmed (Coward! Wuss!)
I use knives, but only to cut nonliving objects which cannot be opened by any other more simple means.

turnitup5000db
01-12-2005, 05:57 AM
HOLD UP!!!! You calling RIDDICK a WUSS? YOU BASTARD!!!

Tama2
01-12-2005, 06:17 AM
I fyou ever watch Conan The Destroyer he had a little freind that killed guys with like 2 in. knives. They had swords and nets. (Scary) but he was a coward.

But anyways...
Anyone who weilds a weapon can be called a coward. They are using a WEAPON. Not fists or anythin you know. It's like sayin Odin is a coward. now cmon a dude with a 6 legged horse can't be a coward.

......or can he?

strawberryman
01-12-2005, 06:35 AM
Dude, gotta be sephiroths masamune... *drools*... mmmm.... endless destruuuuction... tasty....

Sephiroths masamune is like 8 feet long, so it would have to be comletly solid to prevent bending, and even then, it would weigh too much for a normal human to wield it.

Oh Me? I'd improvise, and go with an aerodynamic, yet light AND powerful
HUGE neck-cleaving knife like Zabuza's off Naruto (A must-read manga!), or a Buster sword like clouds...(Just using a couple of examples.)
either that or one like nightmares (LOOK AT MY SIG.)

Martyr
01-12-2005, 02:25 PM
Riddick was a criminal. He didn't learn how to use knives for any respectable reason, I assure you.

Tama: I'm glad you understand. But the weapon aspect is only cowardice when it's unfair. If somebody with a knife does run after somebody with a spear, then it's hard to define whether he's a coward or an idiot. The only fair use of a knife would be, maybe, after both parties are disarmed and they're rolling around on the ground (Because it's the other guy's fault that he is no longer armed)

Guns are even more disgusting than knives. But, since guns are used against guns and other weapons are used as such, the only weapon left to be real cowards weapon is a knife, since it is absolutely worthless unless the user is stabbing somebody in the back (of the neck?).

Odin isn't really a coward, but if he starts killing humans (For fun), then he's definately a jackass. I don't know any Norse Mythology though, so I can't judge him or his character accurately.

But anyway, uh, go clubs.

Lich3636
01-12-2005, 03:04 PM
a Zanbato (giant katana) or a niginata (a pole with a sword on the end)

Ultima Shadow
01-12-2005, 04:21 PM
Atma Weapon simply beacause the stronger you get, the stronger the weapon gets. I just think it's appropriate.
But... wouldn't that mean that it would be impossible for you to inflict any dammage at all?
Just kidding. :p

I fyou ever watch Conan The Destroyer he had a little freind that killed guys with like 2 in. knives. They had swords and nets. (Scary) but he was a coward.

But anyways...
Anyone who weilds a weapon can be called a coward. They are using a WEAPON. Not fists or anythin you know. It's like sayin Odin is a coward. now cmon a dude with a 6 legged horse can't be a coward.

......or can he?
Conan is a movie. What's shown in movies have absolutely nothing to do with real battles (most of the time).
The kenshin anime is a good example. It may be a good anime and the fights may be enjoyable... but you CAN'T fight that way for real. If you tried... it would be your death. Your enemy would just need to stand back and look at you as you cut your own bodyparts off while atempting to do some of those "moves".

As for the thing about weapons being for cowards... any weapon that require "skill" (like swords) are not for cowards if both fighters are armed.

Sephiroths masamune is like 8 feet long, so it would have to be comletly solid to prevent bending, and even then, it would weigh too much for a normal human to wield it.

Oh Me? I'd improvise, and go with an aerodynamic, yet light AND powerful
HUGE neck-cleaving knife like Zabuza's off Naruto (A must-read manga!), or a Buster sword like clouds...(Just using a couple of examples.)
either that or one like nightmares (LOOK AT MY SIG.)
You say masamune is too heavy... and at the same time YOU would chose something like Clouds butterfly sword? :O_O:

I agree with Martyr on most points but there's just 1 thing:
In my opinion guns are much whorse than knives in ANY situation. Stabbing with knives are for cowards but guns are for stupid and minless uber cowards with no sense of honour. :tongue:
And knives are not completely whortless. If you're in a battle against someone with a sword... it's better to have a knive than being un-armed... even though it would be very hard in both situations. And in that kind of situation... using a knive would not be cowardly. But using a gun would. I really hate guns.

turnitup5000db
01-12-2005, 06:39 PM
Knife VS Sword is all about the range factor. If the guy has a knife, his goal is going to be to get up as close to you as possible without getting slashed or stabbed, because if he gets past your defense (Usually about 1.5-4 feet from your body with a sword) the sword gets very clumsy, whereas a knife is perfect at that distance. Thats why knives are supposed to be light and small : the less encumberance you have, the easier it is to dodge and move in fast for the kill. In order for that to really work well, you can't have heavy armor on, so you're even more vulnerable to the other guys weapon than before. So a guy with a knife is sitting there with no or very weak armor on, waiting for his moment and dodging, while the guy with the sword (if he has any brain cells at all) is going to be in full armor, agressively trying to hit an unarmored opponent. Who's the coward now?

As for guns, they are only dishonourable if you use them against an opponent who has a less than comparable weapon, and they also have their weaknesses, namely, Ammo Limitations. Also, a thrown knife can kill as efficiently as a gun. Knife is the best melee weapon, sword is the coolest, and honor is all about only fighting people who stand a reasonable chance of fighting back.

Ultima Shadow
01-12-2005, 07:29 PM
Knife VS Sword is all about the range factor.
No, it's still also about strength, skill and what kind of knive and sword that's used.

If the guy has a knife, his goal is going to be to get up as close to you as possible without getting slashed or stabbed, because if he gets past your defense (Usually about 1.5-4 feet from your body with a sword) the sword gets very clumsy, whereas a knife is perfect at that distance.

Depends on what kind of sword that's used and it's harder for the kive-guy to reach the body of the sword-guy without getting killed than it is for the sword-guy to back away from the knive-guy. It's not like the sword-guy is just going to stand in 1 place all the time like an idiot. Battles are alot about "moving around".

So a guy with a knife is sitting there with no or very weak armor on, waiting for his moment and dodging, while the guy with the sword (if he has any brain cells at all) is going to be in full armor, agressively trying to hit an unarmored opponent. Who's the coward now?
The sword-guy is going to have full armour if he has "any brain cells at all"??? Hardly. The sword-guy also have to move around (if he makes sense) and that's easier without heavy armour. Yes, EVEN if he's armed with a sword. No matter what weapon you use... being able to move swiftly is far more important than armour. And as for the "hit" and "dodging" stuff... the sword-guy wouldn't have a hard time to hit the knive-guy at all... if he don't use a useless sword and if the way he fights makes sense...

As for guns, they are only dishonourable if you use them against an opponent who has a less than comparable weapon, and they also have their weaknesses, namely, Ammo Limitations. Also, a thrown knife can kill as efficiently as a gun. Knife is the best melee weapon, sword is the coolest, and honor is all about only fighting people who stand a reasonable chance of fighting back.
A knive can't reach as far as a gun, it can't be trown as fast as a bullet from a gun and with a knive everything depends on your skill at trowing the knive... and the kind of knive you are using. I would really not say that knive is the best melee weapon since there's alot of other melee weapons that are much more deadly in a 1 VS 1 battle.

Alexander
01-12-2005, 08:25 PM
Thor's Hammer all the way! \o_

Crazy the Clown
01-12-2005, 08:27 PM
The finest of all katanas, the Masamune.

Rase
01-13-2005, 02:40 AM
1. See the post above you.

Spears? What's that have to do with anything?

2. I threw a knife at a tree once to try and learn to throw knoves. It bounced back at me and I almost got it in the neck. I guess I'm a kick-ass knife thrower, but I don't want to kill the wrong person. Namely me.

Congrats, you can't effectivally throw knives. No offense or anything, but just cause you can't do it doesn't mean it's bad/ineffective.

3. A spear theough the torso stops anyone, and sword, an axe, or a stray cat through the heart stops anyone, a club through the skull stops anything, and a whipping in the toes really hurts.

True, never argued that.

4. Knives are for cowards who have no confidence in their martial skill or they're for untrained and unambitious losers who don't belong in a fight situation.

Hey, just cause, if given the chance, I'd like to silently kill my enemies before they know I'm there doesn't mean I'm a coward. Means I use my brains. If you want someone to use as reference, try Garret from Theif: Deadly Shadows.

I've never seen anybody use a knife for fighting unless their opponent was unarmed (Coward! Wuss!)

Apparently you havn't seen a lot.

I use knives, but only to cut nonliving objects which cannot be opened by any other more simple means.

Cutting with a knife is pretty simple.

Dking'squeen
01-13-2005, 02:47 AM

Ever see Princess Mononoke? *not sure whether it was a dagger or knife but the two are similar so it doesn't matter*

And not all KNIVES are used by cowards. If you throw knives accurately, you're skilled and have acute aim. If you attack your enemies head on, it forces you to be swift and cunning.
Just because someone attacks another before they can see means that that person needs to be more aware and plus, who wants to give your opponent a chance to kill you?

rubah
01-13-2005, 03:43 AM
Usually using your fingers to open a bag of chips is simpler than cutting them open with a knife.

Same goes for pulling a jewelry box open, or perhaps taking a dvd out of its case.

Yuffie514
01-13-2005, 04:10 AM
so are u saying that you rather use your hands?

Martyr
01-13-2005, 04:14 AM
DPC, you're attacking me and neglecting to defend yourself.

I'm attesting to a supposed inappropriateness of knives as a casual or even honorable weapon.
If you have nothing to say in it's defense except that my inability may be a reason for my dislike of the weapon, then I am forced to reveal 2 things.

1. I love guitars, yet, for the life of me I can't get the hang of using one.

And 2. Pertaining to your own decent argument about killing your enemies with knives to avoid contest - That only assists me. If brains invented dishonorable conduct in battle, then the wise may keep to their books until they invent a weapon of peace! I don't care about your life, and if you think that it is so valuable, then you have no business fighting. You may as well run away as use a knife if you have no intention of committing yourself to the art of war.

And Miss Squeen, I do hope that you can save yourself from a thrown knife by your own awareness. Otherwise, your argument is sort of dumb.
On the other note, we are comparing weapons. Ya know, for fighting. Not for killing. Would you really want to carry a weapon around with intent to kill and not to combat? You sound like a murderer.

Yuffie: Than a knife? Yes I'd rather use my hands. Of course! Wouldn't you?

You spoony Bard!!!!!!!!!!
01-13-2005, 04:23 AM
The word is Zanmato! Oh and the weapon I would have would be a rust knife soon to be stained red.

RedCydranth
01-13-2005, 04:43 AM
Okay, Mr. Knives suck, lets see you with your katana take on an experienced knife thrower. I'd bet $20.00 (because thats what your life is worth, j/k) youd lose before you could draw your blade.

Pros to knives:

Allows for agility
Just as sharp as any sword
Can be thrown with ease
Can be hidden easier than any other weapon, even guns.
Minimal training neccessary to use (non throwing)
One handed allowing for wielding of 2 or open hand.

Cons to knives:

Poor length

Pros to swords:

Length allows for defensive maneuvering
weight (bastard style, not katana) causes deeper gashes with slices
Hard of get near while properly weilding

Cons to swords:

Must unsheath
Must have adequate training to properly wield
Has no projectile (Gunblades are not real!!!)
Can't hide a sword (Try walking through Wal*Mart with one, aint happening bucko)
Must use 2 hands to properly use (this is debatable for foil style swords, aka fencing and cutlasses)

Both aren't bad weapons for fighting. But Knives are very advantageous.

I still prefer guns. In a 3 way fight, I'd take you both out before you knew whats coming. Only downside to guns is reloading and carrying ammo.

You spoony Bard!!!!!!!!!!
01-13-2005, 04:46 AM
I love knifes especially throwing. *Drools over rusty knives*

Rase
01-13-2005, 05:08 AM
DPC, you're attacking me and neglecting to defend yourself.

I did not see myself as attacking you, merely coutering your arguments as to why a knife is an ineffective weapon, some of which made little to no sense to me.

I'm attesting to a supposed inappropriateness of knives as a casual or even honorable weapon.

Honorable is such a broad word. No person knows what it emans, as it is different in each persons mind. Islams who commit Jihad think that what they are doing is honorable, even if it is driving a car bomb on a suicide mission. Don't tell me what is an honorable, as it would be from your opinion.

If you have nothing to say in it's defense except that my inability may be a reason for my dislike of the weapon, then I am forced to reveal 2 things.

I only "defended" it against what you said. If you would like to bring up more arguments, than I will answer those.

And 2. Pertaining to your own decent argument about killing your enemies with knives to avoid contest - That only assists me. If brains invented dishonorable conduct in battle, then the wise may keep to their books until they invent a weapon of peace! I don't care about your life, and if you think that it is so valuable, then you have no business fighting. You may as well run away as use a knife if you have no intention of committing yourself to the art of war.

When was this about the "art of war"? If I recall, it was "What is your Ultimate Weapon?" It didn't say "What weapon would you use in actual combat" or something of that. I am a person who likes to avoid conflict if possible, put if needed will go ahead with it. However, I won't just face them head on, I'll try and think of a way around the solution. If someone wants to kill me and the only way to stop them is killing them, what would you rather do? Go head to head and possible die an "honorable" death, or just eliminate them without them knowing it? I like the path of least resistance, personally.

Martyr
01-13-2005, 05:20 AM
I like falchions, but if I were to engage on a real battlefield of knives an swords, I'd be carrying a club. A shelieghleigh (Or however it's spelled), for verbal style.

Pros to knives:

Allows for agility
Can be thrown with ease

Cons to knives:

Poor length (This is a dang big con. You conveniently leave out the face that a dude with a knife, on fair grounds, would have a tremendous amount of difficulty getting at a swordsman or anybody else. Not to mention that "little or no training" is a con. A swordsman, therefore trained, should be able to dispatch any untrained knife wielder with ease. And, in order to keep the pro, that would mean "most" knife fighters.)

Pros to Clubs:

Length allows for defensive maneuvering (still)
Weight causes deeper gashes (not with slices), and it does as much internal damage with devastating blows as a blade can, minus the hardly relevant fact that a man properly clubbed in the stomach will be helpless and wailing in living agony instead of gored or chopped dead.
Hard of get near while properly weilding (still, esp when concerning knives.)
Added Pros:
Can pass at a bat if you play your cards right (I mean, metal baseball bats suck. Wood forever!) So it is almost as easily concealed.
Requires little or no training to use, when things come to a pinch
Always handy!

Cons to Clubs:
Maybe hard to conceal if it can't be presented as a baseball bat, and still hard to bring everywhere.
Lack of agility with use
Very difficult to kill in one hit (a hardy opponent might be able to disregard the blows long enough to attack, or so I imagine. I once walked throuhg a flurry of punches from my karate foe and brained him so hard with my fist that he didn't get up for 5 minutes.)
No projectile (I guess not. Unless you're carrying baseballs too)
Probably requires 2 hands (Swords don't necessarily require 2 hands. A giant falchion would, maybe, but not a normal falchion. And a normal one works like a sword as well as a mace. I never said that I cared for the katana. Katana's are modern pop culture)

I guess I might not like a wooden bat against a sword, but we're arguing against knives on a usefulness level here.

I guess that bats still have more cons to pros comparatively, but the severity of cons makes for a fairly even match if not one favoring bats and swords, in my personal opinion.

DPC: Let's drop it. I think we're on 2 different planes of discussion. Also, you have a forum debating style that I hate. The "pick out sentences and counter them with disregard for the overall topic until it comes in handy" irks me. If you want, you win.

Rase
01-13-2005, 05:29 AM
DPC: Let's drop it. I think we're on 2 different planes of discussion. Also, you have a forum debating style that I hate. The "pick out sentences and counter them with disregard for the overall topic until it comes in handy" irks me. If you want, you win.

Whatever you want. Just don't let it become a personal thing. Simply different views. Sorry if I angered you with my "debate style".

EDIT: Forgot guns as a weapon. :sweat: Okay, "Ultimate weapon" is now a silenced Colt .45. Knife is still favorite blade weapon.

RedCydranth
01-13-2005, 05:51 AM
Okay.. Clubs are decent weapons too, but are you saying you with a wooden baseball bat can beat me with a butcher's knife? This comes down to a test of agility and swinging the bat throws off your balance enough for any knife weilder to slash your throat. I don't care how you swing the bat, its a lot more dodgeable than me leaping on you with a drawn knife mercilessly stabbing you and slashing your organs.

Sure, I might take a hit to the leg or something (which isn't easily shirked off by anymeans), but lets see you walk away when while you clubbed my knee I slit your throat. Theres a reason knights carried blades, samurai and ninjas carry blades. Because a blunt object can not dispatch an enemy as quick as a sharp blade. Blades are lighter than lunky wooden clubs.

It would all be about who got the first hit, so really its hard to tell who would win.

Oh, another drawback to clubs is they can be stopped midswing. A skilled fighter can easily grab a bat midswing. If you swing too hard for him to catch it you are violently throwing your weight around allowing for numerous openings to counter.

Ultima Shadow
01-13-2005, 11:44 AM
who wants to give your opponent a chance to kill you?
I know it may sound patetic but I would actually do that if I was fighting someone who's not a stabber himself.

Okay, Mr. Knives suck, lets see you with your katana take on an experienced knife thrower. I'd bet $20.00 (because thats what your life is worth, j/k) youd lose before you could draw your blade.

Pros to knives:

Allows for agility
Can be thrown with ease

Cons to knives:

Poor length

Pros to swords:

Length allows for defensive maneuvering
weight (bastard style, not katana) causes deeper gashes with slices
Hard of get near while properly weilding

Cons to swords:

Must unsheath
Must have adequate training to properly wield
Has no projectile (Gunblades are not real!!!)
Can't hide a sword (Try walking through Wal*Mart with one, aint happening bucko)
Must use 2 hands to properly use (this is debatable for foil style swords, aka fencing and cutlasses)

Both aren't bad weapons for fighting. But Knives are very advantageous.

I still prefer guns. In a 3 way fight, I'd take you both out before you knew whats coming. Only downside to guns is reloading and carrying ammo.
First of all... katanas are very weak kind of swords. And what if the knife-guy would miss? Then he's completely unarmoured and defenseless!
And second... I hate guns. They are the most cowardly existing weapon and I would never use one.
In a 1 VS 1 battle, the sword-guy would be the one with advantage. And why would you like to "hide" your weapon in a open battle?

Okay.. Clubs are decent weapons too, but are you saying you with a wooden baseball bat can beat me with a butcher's knife? This comes down to a test of agility and swinging the bat throws off your balance enough for any knife weilder to slash your throat. I don't care how you swing the bat, its a lot more dodgeable than me leaping on you with a drawn knife mercilessly stabbing you and slashing your organs.

Sure, I might take a hit to the leg or something (which isn't easily shirked off by anymeans), but lets see you walk away when while you clubbed my knee I slit your throat. Theres a reason knights carried blades, samurai and ninjas carry blades. Because a blunt object can not dispatch an enemy as quick as a sharp blade. Blades are lighter than lunky wooden clubs.

How would you be able to stand up and fight if your legs where broken? And yes... he would be able to win the battle without too much trouble.

Tama2
01-13-2005, 03:06 PM
It's all about the skill a person has which determains wether or not he loses in a battle.

Luck too can't forget about that... :p

But it is unfair to say which weapon is better 'cos all hace pros and cons. Always remember any weapon can be stealthy. You can sneak up behind someone and club 'em or slit a adam's apple.

Clubs-well pretty cool, really strong, can have only one though, slow

Swords-cool too, sharp, piercing, can duel 'em as long as they're light, can go with a shield, can be a shield in itself, only 2 at most, doesn't do well when oppent is in your face

Kinves-also coll, (can do little cool trick's :p ) can have a bunch, can be trown, do very well in brawls (Don't know if that's very nice of a person to do though when it's suppose to be hand to hand), can miss when trown, person can have full-plated armor so you would have to try and stab him in the face or the side or somethin

Guns-not as cool, Can baically kill a guy with a sword, kinfe, and club, range is good, can miss, and can run out of bullets, and reload

Somethin I haven't heard yet but will still put up

Bow's and arrows-sorta kinda cool, Can kill from far range, can carry a sword with one, run out of arrows, and shootin every arrow can be tough

Fists-real cool when you know what you are doin, can be very powerful when you have trained for many years, can be diverse and change as the battle does, takes trainin for many years, can be cut in half by like a sword or somethin in midair lol, Can bust your hand up on some armor (which who has now and days?)

I'm I forgettin anythin....

Ultima Shadow
01-13-2005, 04:12 PM
It's all about the skill a person has which determains wether or not he loses in a battle.

That... and how well he knows his battlefield + luck can also change whenever you'll live or die.
But skill is by far the most important part. Oh, and just 1 more comment on the knife trowing... you can also trow a rock... or a spear... actually... you can trow almost anything that's not too heavy and still able to inflict dammage.
You can kill with a trown rock... don't forget that.

Itsunari 2000
01-13-2005, 06:49 PM
First of all... katanas are very weak kind of swords

Not true. Katana are possibly the best swords in the world - adamantine strength , perfect balance and sheer cutting power , the results of the labours of old Japan's master swordsmiths.

For the sake of discretion , I'd carry a Shirasaya ( that's a katana that can be concealed within a hollow length of wood to look like a stout cane. )

Tama2
01-13-2005, 10:37 PM
true you can throw a lot of things. But knives have a better chance at killin someone if it stabs 'em in the face than a rock hitting them in the face.

Crazy the Clown
01-13-2005, 11:27 PM
true you can throw a lot of things. But knives have a better chance at killin someone if it stabs 'em in the face than a rock hitting them in the face.

Tell that to Goliath.

With enough skill, a good swordsman can block any non-magical projectile attack.

Martyr
01-14-2005, 01:28 AM
With enough skill, a good swordsman can block any non-magical projectile attack.

I've never been attacked by a magical projectile, nor have you, so you can't really testify to that.
In theory, I could claim that, with skill, a sword could block any projectile that isn't overpoweringly large (A boulder), fast (A Bullet), or dangerous in another fashion (Missile/Steaming Tar)

And suddenly, it has come to my attention that missiles are probably the most superior weapons.

GhandiOwnsYou
01-14-2005, 02:44 AM
Man, we have entered the realm of crazy dorkdom here, lol.

Anywho, you guy's are looking at knives in general, why don't you get specific about what you're talking about so you can have a decent conversation. you talking about an eight inch stilleto style? 4 inch switchblade? little 3 inch flicker knife? what about a carving knife style, 14 inch?

In a given fight, i'd almost always choose a long knife. I have a few of these 14 inch, steel, fairly thick knives at work. They are cut carving knife style, got a nice solid weight to em, about a 12 - 14 inch blade, with a curved pointed tip. Those two would be my weapons of choice. with a knife that size, held down (Zidane/Thief style) and that weight, you could offer a decent block to a sword or staff, and they've got a good length to be used in any manner.

Also, with a knife (especially of good size and with a comfortable non specific grip Ie:not molded to individual fingers) you really have four positions to use it in, offering a number of different attack styles, and thats not including throwing.

for the record, i do make sure to keep at least one knife on me at all times. I don't start fights, I don't agree to fights. If someone wants to try to jump me after i've made it quite clear i don't play the violence game, they will regret it, whether they win or not. Does that make me a coward?

Rase
01-14-2005, 03:39 AM
why don't you get specific about what you're talking about so you can have a decent conversation.

Well, I was talking about knives in general, but if you'd like me choose one, here. 12 inch double-edged basic style (no fancy designs) balanced knife with a crosshilt, black leather handle for hand-to-hand fighting.

Crazy the Clown
01-14-2005, 03:57 AM
I've never been attacked by a magical projectile, nor have you, so you can't really testify to that.

No, but I have watched some of the Highlander movies.

Tama2
01-14-2005, 04:08 AM
You mean the movies were you obtain power by cutting off your oppents head. THen you get electricuted. Then all the windows around you shatter. (Which you are usally in a werehouse or some big empty place). Your right. lol :D

strawberryman
01-14-2005, 04:52 AM
Swords-cool too, sharp, piercing, can duel 'em as long as they're light, can go with a shield, can be a shield in itself, only 2 at most, doesn't do well when oppent is in your face
one thing you forgot...you could possibly weild 3 swords. Meaning, you could hold one in your mouth-If it were light enough!

Pros to Buster sword-
Can cut through mostly anything,
if not it could REALLY mess someone up.
With enough skills at hand to hand combat under your belt-can preform really powerful,possibly lethal, and just plain cool chain-combos(excuse me for using a fighting game term)
Can be thrown-with enough skill can cut a person in two when they're least expecting it.
Cons
Heavy as hell
Slow

although the cons are pretty significant, with enough proper training, you could be virtually unstoppable.

DJZen
01-14-2005, 05:14 AM
Mop. No contest.

Ultima Shadow
01-14-2005, 12:49 PM
Not true. Katana are possibly the best swords in the world - adamantine strength , perfect balance and sheer cutting power , the results of the labours of old Japan's master swordsmiths.

For the sake of discretion , I'd carry a Shirasaya ( that's a katana that can be concealed within a hollow length of wood to look like a stout cane. )
Not true. :tongue:
Try to block a trust from a 1&½-handed broadsword with a katana. A katana is swift and sharp, true. But it can't stand up against a good broadsword. The thin blade make it swifter but that also means it will be less "powerfull" and can't take the hits from a broadsword. The curved blade is completely pointless and if the blade gets un-sharp it's completely powerless compared to a broadsword which can cut off bodyparts even without a super-sharp edge. Have you ever swinged a katana? Ever swinged a broadsword? Flamberge? Ninja-to etc? I have. And I've compared them alot. Katanas are overrated since almost none have actually fought another, more powerfull swordtype with a katana.

True. But it's still possible to kill someone with a trown spoon! Seriously! :D
I've heared about some Japan guy who can trow a small "nail" trough a window and kill someone on the other side of the window with the trown nail. His earlier generations where assasins and the knowledge about how to do this thing has survived trough hundereds of generations. I'm not sure if this is true though... but it may be.

Crazy the Clown
01-14-2005, 04:22 PM
Mop. No contest.
1 out of 1 Jackie Chans would agree. :lol:

Itsunari 2000
01-14-2005, 06:01 PM
The curved blade is completely pointless

The curvature allows for lightness and a razor-sharp edge - have you heard of the art of iaijutsu ? Itis the "striking art " , a supplemental to kenjutsu - it involves drawing the blade from it's sheath at lightning speeds into a simultaneous cut. This required intense training , perfection of technique and an almost supernatural level of physical and mental coordination channelled into a single , devastating strike.

Imagine the scene... a big burly warrior comes lumbering in , dragging his broadsword out of his sheath ... then , in the blink of an eye , his head has been sent sailing from his shoulders in a fine crimson spray , beheaded beforehe could even fully draw his sword. It is in these applications , the skill of the swordsman , as well as the purity and sharpness of the blade that makes the wielder of a katana superior.

PS : Katana would never get blunt , considering the samurai warrior would have his blade beaten, tempered and sharpened with a whetstone at least 300 times a day.

Ultima Shadow
01-14-2005, 07:35 PM
The curvature allows for lightness and a razor-sharp edge - have you heard of the art of iaijutsu ? Itis the "striking art " , a supplemental to kenjutsu - it involves drawing the blade from it's sheath at lightning speeds into a simultaneous cut. This required intense training , perfection of technique and an almost supernatural level of physical and mental coordination channelled into a single , devastating strike.

Imagine the scene... a big burly warrior comes lumbering in , dragging his broadsword out of his sheath ... then , in the blink of an eye , his head has been sent sailing from his shoulders in a fine crimson spray , beheaded beforehe could even fully draw his sword. It is in these applications , the skill of the swordsman , as well as the purity and sharpness of the blade that makes the wielder of a katana superior.

PS : Katana would never get blunt , considering the samurai warrior would have his blade beaten, tempered and sharpened with a whetstone at least 300 times a day.
That's a great of an "STUPID" warrior who lets his openant come that close "before" he drws his sword. If a warrior knows how to use his brain he will draw his sword BEFORE he gets close enough to his enemy to start the battle.

Sure. But that's too much extra work for my taste. :p

A broadsword can easily block and blow from a katana while a katana would have a hard time blocking any powerfull blow from a broadsword. And the curved blade dissables good trusting with the katana. And trusts are very hard to block compared to most other kind of cuts and blows and therefore a great move for any battle.

ps: I have contact with a real broadsword-guy who teach broadsword fighting. And he, if anyone, "knows his stuff".

strawberryman
01-15-2005, 12:17 AM
No one picks on me! JOY!

Itsunari 2000
01-15-2005, 12:33 AM
That's a great of an "STUPID" warrior who lets his openant come that close "before" he drws his sword. If a warrior knows how to use his brain he will draw his sword BEFORE he gets close enough to his enemy to start the battle

Of course , I wasn't implying all people who wield broadswords are stupid ... I just think the weightof an average broadsword is a disadvantage when you're dealing with an opponent who can deliver a strike like chain lightning.

DJZen
01-15-2005, 12:59 AM
This whole debate over what type of weapon is best makes me want to smash my head into a wall. All weapons have advantages and disadvantages. It only comes down to personal preference. I've done training with a fairly wide variety of weapons to know that in the hands of someone who knows what they're doing, ANY weapon is deadly. Even a spork.

Actually, I think I might be changing my choice to spork....

strawberryman
01-15-2005, 01:12 AM
Actually, I think I might be changing my choice to spork....

Wtf?

Martyr
01-15-2005, 03:09 AM
Wtf?

Sporkinjo.

The weapon works like a knife, sai and a 3 pronged spear (Trident-like) at the same time. They can be dual wielded and thrown. Sometimes they provide for games during the in between times of battle. The game composes of looking at the back of your spork and seeing who has the highest number.

But honestly now, don't tell me that you haven't engaged in many a spork-fight during those tremulous days of your youth!

rubah
01-15-2005, 03:11 AM
or playing 'flick little stuff by bending it back a ways'

infact, that same ability of teh spork adds to its arsenal-- lightweight projectiles.

turnitup5000db
01-15-2005, 06:24 AM
Damn... I forgot the mightiest weapon in all history. How could I have BEEN SO BLIND!!! THE SPORK OF DOOM COMES FROM THE SKY TO SLAY US ALL WITH ITS INFINITE POWER! RUN LEST YE INCUR ITS ENDLESS WRATH! AAAAAAAGGGGHHHH!!!!!

Zante
01-15-2005, 08:59 AM
I katana. With a dark blade and some simbols on the hilt.

Ultima Shadow
01-15-2005, 10:46 AM
Of course , I wasn't implying all people who wield broadswords are stupid ... I just think the weightof an average broadsword is a disadvantage when you're dealing with an opponent who can deliver a strike like chain lightning.
But that's not completely correct. The hevier and stronger blade of the broadsword makes its blows harder to block with a thin katana blade. And the weight of a broadsword is still not too heavy to deliver fast blows. Not as fast as with a katana... since it takes a small amount of more time to recover from a blow from a broadsword. But the blows themselves can be just as quick as from a katana if you know your stuff and if you are not using a broadsword in Clouds Butterfly Sword-size. in your example the broadsword-guy was slow and stupid while the katana-guy was both phsycicaly and mentaly strong and with alot training. Let's imagine that they are EQUAL instead!

Tama2
01-15-2005, 05:56 PM
But the blows themselves can be just as quick as from a katana if you know your stuff and if you are not using a broadsword in Clouds Butterfly Sword-size.

If you're He-Man or somethin. You still have to wield a weapon that takes two hands. Which implies that it's heavy (or the dude or dudette would have two). So it makes it slower than a katana. Katanas use two hands too but it's based on the fighting styles to deliver good blows.

But like I said it's all skill and luck.
Mr. Katana guy could slip on a rock then Shazam in the face you know. lol

Ultima Shadow
01-15-2005, 09:29 PM
If you're He-Man or somethin. You still have to wield a weapon that takes two hands. Which implies that it's heavy (or the dude or dudette would have two). So it makes it slower than a katana. Katanas use two hands too but it's based on the fighting styles to deliver good blows.

But like I said it's all skill and luck.
Mr. Katana guy could slip on a rock then Shazam in the face you know. lol
Ever heard of a 1-handed broadsword? they exist you know... and still... a 2-handed can be just as quick as a 1-handed + it's taller. Some of the broadswords that are made today are way too heavy but a good-quality broadsword whenever it's 1-handed or 2-handed or even 1&½-handed they are too heavy to deliver fast and deadly blows. And since a katana would have a hard time taking the blows from a good broadsword it would make up for the slower recovering with the broadsword. :p

Skill, luck, knowledge about your battlefield, strenght, agility and weapon. THAT'S all. :tongue:

Shoden
01-15-2005, 09:46 PM
mine would Be a Gunblade but the blade is really heavy and slightly larger than normal it will have abilities of Strength +60% magic +30% Spirit +20% Vitality +30% Quadruple overdrive and swift attack which is two atatcks per turn

redxiiii
01-15-2005, 09:53 PM
Who needs weapons when you`ve got your own fists?

Sr. Tobias
01-15-2005, 10:31 PM
check the signature... and wtf do u know about honor? u say all that crap now, but in a real "me-or-him", u'd just hav th time to change ur mind b4 th bullet pierced ur skull between th eyes

it'd hav to be some kickass gun, really well crafted, with beatiful engravings, and ivory handles and crap like that... it would be impossible to use in real life, but there's no ultima weapon in real life either, so...

UltimaLimit
01-16-2005, 04:00 AM
Who needs weapons when you`ve got your own fists?Yeah, it'd be cool if this world were still that simple. But when was the last time you took on a guy with an Uzi using just your bare hands? (Well, I would if I had to, but I mean if you have a choice in the matter.)

Besides, weren't we originally talking about what our weapon would be, not what weapon is best of all?

Ultima Shadow
01-16-2005, 10:27 AM
Besides, weren't we originally talking about what our weapon would be, not what weapon is best of all?
Yes, but some people seem to enjoy the weapon VS weapon disscusion much more. :p
And it's still pretty much just a disscusion about what really is the ultimate weapon (or maybe just the "stronger" weapon but whatever) since the ultimate/stronger weapon means the weapon with the most advantage. That's why we discuss all this. :p

Gunblades
01-18-2005, 07:56 PM
Of all the weapons in FF, i would prefer a Dark-Gunblade. The classic look of a Gunblade with the extra hp draining bam of the darkblade

BroadSwords are as light as Katanas. It's only when the blades get longer along with the tangs that they get heavyer, but if your tought how to hold a hand and a half or a double hander they are faster than a katana, stronger, the extra waight is unnoticable. Plus more durable.

Daggers VS Swords is a risky buisness, but it is quite easy to win most of the time with a dagger. Yes your primary objective is to close in the distance because you have a short weapon. Your forced to move faster and when you parry it's more dangerous for your hands. But on the other...hand :) most people with swords havent had much real life experiance, even back in the day. They SHOULD keep the constant gap between you and them, but like car drivers they dont keep that emergency space, a slight panick sets in, distraction and they dont step back like they should. Exactly the same when useing a longer sword against a shorter one.

Honer isnt simply a choice, it's a way of life, a method and mentality. it effects how you enter the chaos of a combat situation, and it makes a person stronger.

All weapons should be equal in advantages and disadvantages, if they arent then they are crap, and there are crap weapons. How many of us have come across useless or difficult household gadgets. It's simply because everyone has differnt experiences and so create differnt things. JUST because it's there, it's historicle and been used doesnt mean it works :love:

Crazy the Clown
01-18-2005, 08:01 PM
Another good weapon would be my body.

It's like that old commercial from the DC area's Jhoon Rhee Self-Defense schools said, "Nobody bothers me!"

Gunblades
01-18-2005, 08:06 PM
Your body is the only weapon, anything else is simply a tool :)

BG-57
01-19-2005, 03:39 AM
I'd go for Cloud's Ultima Weapon. It'd be especially nice to have it come complete with the FFVIII Ultima Weapon monster (it wields what at least looks like Cloud's Ultima Weapon). That would be hard to conceal though. :greenie:

Despotus
01-19-2005, 04:02 AM
In FFT theres a Blaze Gun which ironically shoots Ice element bullets and has a chance of actually inflicting the spell Blizzard/Blizzara/Blizzaga on them. There was one that shot Fire spells/element but the name escapes me. It was like Blizzard or Freeze Gun. Help me out, you know it.
The Fire elemental gun was called 'Glacier gun', and it shot Fire1, Fire2, or Fire3 spells instead of bullets. :hot:
My favorite of the elemental guns, however, had the highest attack power and fired Lightning elemental spells (Bolt1, Bolt2, and Bolt3) :save: It's the 'Blast Gun', oooooh baby! :cool:

Gunblades
01-19-2005, 06:53 PM
Yozimbos Zanmato sword would be nice, im not into curved blades but that things cuts through everything and is sooo shiny

I Don't Need A Name
01-19-2005, 08:58 PM
yunas duel pistols there kool!

Gunblades
01-20-2005, 10:30 AM
hey cool, your in the North east too, did you get any snow?

black orb
01-21-2005, 02:25 AM
>>> A geomancer bell, with mysterious and unknown powers.. :D

magus19
01-21-2005, 03:04 AM
My weapon would be A Hammer/rod.
think about the damage that would create.

strawberryman
01-21-2005, 04:34 AM
Destruction in mass quantities would have to be the reaction to my weapon... Either that or a couple Impaled people...
MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Shoden
01-21-2005, 06:39 PM
hey cool, your in the North east too, did you get any snow?

Another person from my area, the snow is getting annoying the weather is cold and we're way overdue for snow hope it ends up like last year lol man that was class as out i was throwin snow at the chavs.

my 2nd best weapon would be a nucular rocket launcher lol

(caffeine is guuuuud as so is sugar do a fry 100 cups of coffee)

Gunblades
01-22-2005, 10:23 AM
we have been waiting for the snow for ages and it keeps skipping us :(

nude posters of RikkuX2 are my secret weapon, disctracts man and monster :)

Shoden
01-22-2005, 02:02 PM
yeah but its getting colder and colder we're due for snow any time now.

gimme gimme and i'll burn those posters then make replicas and sell them for 600x the original price

Del Murder
01-22-2005, 11:39 PM
The mind is the ultimate weapon.

Gunblades
01-23-2005, 10:07 AM
Shoden lol why dont you just hire her to do your own photoshoot, sure shes married to me but she is a pro :)
Finally we got some snow last night and it was lovely, but it didnt lay.

Actually Del, the mind is at best a distraction. It causes people to think which limits their natural prowess and instincts. Most people when they reach the moment become consumed in thoughts/emotions such as pride and fear, this causes them to pause when they should be pushing forward. Your mind will cheat or even lie to you, tho not on purpose.

UltimateSpamGrover
01-23-2005, 05:44 PM
Ultima Weapon (the boss, not the weapon), I would clutch his arm and swing him around at the enemies.

Ryth
01-23-2005, 05:50 PM
It would like the Chaos Breaker in Shining Force green but it'd have more detail and i could turn it into this big mofo sword at will like Inuyasha's Tetsyaga but the pre-transformation form would be really powerful as well. I'd be a dual-weilder so i'd have Sephiroth's bi-othing masamune. Yeahh....

Del Murder
01-23-2005, 06:22 PM
Actually Del, the mind is at best a distraction. It causes people to think which limits their natural prowess and instincts. Most people when they reach the moment become consumed in thoughts/emotions such as pride and fear, this causes them to pause when they should be pushing forward. Your mind will cheat or even lie to you, tho not on purpose.
Of course that is possible. A weak mind can be just as dull as an unsharpened sword, as useless as a gun without bullets. There are grades of everything.

Craig
01-23-2005, 07:24 PM
MUSASHI +34. My current weapons on PSO.

Gunblades
01-24-2005, 07:24 PM
if ANY mind thinks it can bring tactics, tricks or skilll into a fight they will only ever defeat the most simplest of opponants. One must move beyound the idea of thought, even of seeing to reach the most basic and primal state of ability.

UltimaLimit
01-26-2005, 02:05 AM
I agree that the mind can trip you up if you aren't careful, but it can also alert you to dangers your instincts might not be able to deal with. For instance, if you get in a fistfight, and out of the corner of your eye you see his friend pull a knife, your instinct would be to either finish off the one dude or rush the friend. Wheras your mind would recognize the danger and come up with a solution. (Like, RUN!)

strawberryman
01-26-2005, 04:35 AM
It does'nt matter if you have a really cool or powerful weapon if you don't know how to use it. i bet i know more than 5 different ways to kill someone with a pencil, But thats just me.
1. Stab it into their neck.
2. Through the rib cage, into the heart.
3. Stab them through the ear, puncture the brain.
4. Stab them repetitively in a variety of places.(a bit open ended)
5. Just shove it in an air compresser at full PSI.
I'd list more, but some are too gruesome for even the most morbid people.
(not me.MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!)
If anyone wants to gawk at how insanely homicidal I am, please be my guest! :D

Wanderer
01-26-2005, 05:16 AM
I would use a Bastard sword the size of a skyscraper. One swing would shake the earth.

CloudVII
01-26-2005, 05:21 AM
A mix between the Dragon Blade, from Ninja Gaiden, and Sephiroths Masumune (sp?). Be about 6 ft long with unmatched speed and power. Plus I'm a dai katana freak.

strawberryman
01-26-2005, 05:23 AM
A mix between the Dragon Blade, from Ninja Gaiden, and Sephiroths Masumune (sp?). Be about 6 ft long with unmatched speed and power. Plus I'm a dai katana freak.
nice to meet you! I'm Dai Killing freak! :D

CloudVII
01-26-2005, 05:42 AM
schweet a brothren.. ill admit im 15 and me and my friends play ninjas with hardwood bokens, but im always the samuari team :P. I should craft my ultimate weapon, a wooden one muahhaha let the savagry begin :chop:

strawberryman
01-26-2005, 05:45 AM
let the savagry begin
You are my new best friend

Shoden
01-26-2005, 04:22 PM
whats wrong with being homicidal sure its illegal but who cares any who objects will be ravaged have there ribs ripped from they're chest rip out they're spine and ill use it to stab them then ill decapitate them rip up they're body into 600 bits and scatter them into a pond of stone phirannas then ill throw a grenade at the body and blame the killing on my neighbour.

hows that for homicidal

Ultima Shadow
01-26-2005, 06:49 PM
I would use a Bastard sword the size of a skyscraper. One swing would shake the earth.
But how the **** would you be able to carry that thing? :p

It does'nt matter if you have a really cool or powerful weapon if you don't know how to use it. i bet i know more than 5 different ways to kill someone with a pencil, But thats just me.
1. Stab it into their neck.
2. Through the rib cage, into the heart.
3. Stab them through the ear, puncture the brain.
4. Stab them repetitively in a variety of places.(a bit open ended)
5. Just shove it in an air compresser at full PSI.
I'd list more, but some are too gruesome for even the most morbid people.
(not me.MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!)
If anyone wants to gawk at how insanely homicidal I am, please be my guest! :D
GWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :evilking:
I belive you could even kill someone with a pillow... or a marshmallow! :p

Gunblades
01-26-2005, 08:38 PM
UltimaLimit - if your instincts are sharp you will be able to deal with both threats without needing to see. While your thinking what to do in that split second it could be the end of you.

CloudVII - bokkens are real wepons, enjoy them as such. there were samuries that ONLY used bokkens and killed their fare share of armed opponants with them. If you like them you should read the manga books Real Bout High School. Still a curved blade is a disadvantage.

thats not really homicidal Shoden, anyone can do that, it becomes nasty when you take your time enjoying what you do.

Hey Ultima, you can kill someone with a chocolate muffin :love:

UltimaLimit
01-27-2005, 01:50 AM
Everything is a weapon.

My response was assuming that in the situation I described earlier, you are not formally trained, and are still "thinking" in terms of fistfighting. Not to mention the dude with the knife still has a couple yards to go to reach you. Sorry I didn't state that earlier, I didn't have much time to post.

But yeah, if you're formally trained, you'll instinctively know how to put both attackers in their place.

CloudVII
01-27-2005, 06:25 AM
A curved blade isn't a disadvantage, the Samuari crafted the shrapest,quickest, and deadly blade of their time, now seeing as Sephiroth's blade was definetly the deadliest their for a while it arouses the questioning of ur comment. The samuari were also very skilled in the use of that blade no doubt, but 2 people with the same skill in a Katana and a (pencil is too easy) wooden spear, I think the person with the katana would win. Plus, samuari have teh uber scare tactic, There freaking insane armor.

Abbot Cluny
01-27-2005, 06:35 AM
A set of equipment; easy to draw Katana with steel folded 10,000 times, crafted by a master; a modified light firearm that can be set to single or burst fire complete with a suppressor and a junk load of ammo; and a customized set of bracers, grieves, boots, guantlets, and groin protection. All that junk together would make anyone feel like Superman.

Oh yeah, Gunblades, ur fulluvit. The bokken was what the Samurai trained with so that they wouldn't hack each other to bits while practicing. A sharp metal blade tops a blunt wooden one any day (that doesn't mean a wicked ninja with a bo staff couldn't whip the tar out of a sword wielding foe, it just means that when thinking about real combat, if you had to choose between a metal sword or a wood one, the metal one is your best bet).

EDIT: Please don't double post. Use the edit button to add more. -Murder

Ultima Shadow
01-27-2005, 03:40 PM
A curved blade isn't a disadvantage
Well, in a real sword battle... yes it IS a dissadvantage.

Chocolatemuffin VS marshmallow... now THAT would be an intressting battle. :cool:

Gunblades
01-27-2005, 04:01 PM
i get ya UltimaLimit, and i dont have much time to post either, hence my bad spelling and often misunderstanding people lol we carnt all be steven seagal :)

CloudVII - two points that may help
a curved blade allows an opponant to easily slide down it's leangth and take advantage, also the single edge is a great weakness. Ive been there and done that.
The curved katana wasnt designed to be any sort of ultimate sword, it was useuful in IT'S culture, and not outside of it. When you take a katana against a broadsword it becomes incredibly weak and vulnerable/delicate, same for their armour. it was good for dealing with that threat, but outside in todays mixed world it doesnt hold up.

Abbot Cluny - in the right hands a wooden weapon can beat a steel one anyday. In order to cut or break that wooden weapon the opponant must let you hit it edge one, and anyone with common sense always parries and blocks the flat of a blade, not the edge.

i not trying to come across all bossy guys, just helping out with my experiance in real combat, i wouldnt suggest or tell anyone to do anything i wouldnt be willing to do or havent done already.

ah marshmallows, melted or soft lol

rubah
01-27-2005, 11:35 PM
I can say with certainty that chocolate muffin would win over marshmellow.

Provoke the enemy to say something, then stuff it in their mouth. While their eyes unfocus and their mind explodes, punch them in the stomach:D

Gunblades
01-28-2005, 03:40 PM
ah ah ah, your punching them, the trick it to kill them soly with the muffin. for example, take a bag of chips (in the uk - not crisps) and ram them down someones mouth and throat and they will suffocate, the press the next day will read "man batterd to death" whahahahahahahahaah

i carnt understand why my Tifa is the best girl in FF thread was closed?

Yuffie514
01-29-2005, 01:11 AM
marshmallow might still be effective if it's like as big as a pillow and then you stuff it into your enemy's face :lol: !

Gunblades
01-29-2005, 10:25 AM
whats going on here, a load of posts have vanished?

Yuffie514
01-30-2005, 05:42 AM
er, whaddya mean by that :confused: :) ?

Gunblades
01-30-2005, 10:09 AM
Oops lol, it must have been a prob with my computer because yesterday i could only see up to post 107

Armisael
01-30-2005, 11:21 AM
Yuna's Guns from FFX-2..They rock!

Yuffie514
01-30-2005, 08:19 PM
i think i want to make a slight change-of-heart on what my weapon of choice would be (originally, Squall's LionHeart :) ). Lion-Heart would be too big for me :tongue: . i'd want my very own customized gunblade, smaller and easy to use. maybe i could draw it and post the design here... :fpenerg:

Edgar
01-31-2005, 04:42 AM
Who need tools? My fists and brain are my weapons!

Yuffie514
01-31-2005, 05:23 PM
Who need tools? My fists and brain are my weapons!

well, i prefer to have a weapon in my hand anyway :D , based on the fact that not everyone is good w/their hands like Tifa or Zell :D .

Gunblades
01-31-2005, 05:31 PM
the problem with guns in FFX/X2 is bullets

Hey Yuffie, ive always thought you could simply use two smaller revolver based guns with shorter blades, essentially they would be GunDaggers, but if Gunblade is the overall name you would be able to have two of them.

Edgar - what makes you think those people who use tools dont have their hands to rely on :) , why master one form of combat when you can learn more.

Yuffie514
01-31-2005, 07:44 PM
Hey Yuffie, ive always thought you could simply use two smaller revolver based guns with shorter blades, essentially they would be GunDaggers, but if Gunblade is the overall name you would be able to have two of them.

hm, i never thought of that :D . there's actually a historical gun known as the Apache pistol ;) . it's like a gun with a knife in it :cool: . i have a pic of the original (attachment) and a new one:

http://www.homebasedgeneralstore.com/HK2032.JPG

ninja-yuffie
01-31-2005, 07:57 PM
its got to be fists, or a wepeon like yuffies, yuffie just rox :save:

Yuffie514
01-31-2005, 08:13 PM
its got to be fists, or a wepeon like yuffies, yuffie just rox :save:

you mean the pic i just posted :confused: ? looks awright, 'cept for the handle and that ugly bronze design :tied: .

Gunblades
02-01-2005, 08:30 PM
very interesting Yuffie, ive seen lots of real gunblades but not that one before, i like the detail on the triggor gaurd and the back.

Yuffie514
02-02-2005, 01:47 PM
the handle/trigger is too "archaic" for me :D .

Memorylight
02-02-2005, 03:04 PM
Seifers gunblade or squalls lion hearth.
Or the hand knives Rikku has when she's a thief in FF-X2.

Yuffie514
02-02-2005, 05:27 PM
i didn't draw these but my friend Matt did :D . they look cool :cool: .

http://techfire6.tripod.com/pics/gunblade_2_3_4.jpg

Gunblades
02-02-2005, 05:35 PM
Rikkus knifes are actually daggers if it helps.

interesting, id show you one of my designs but it's topsecret lol

Yuffie514
02-02-2005, 05:44 PM
Rikkus knifes are actually daggers if it help

there's this famous knife maker named Gil Hibben :cool: . i used to own a 6-inch Hibben thrower. his knives always remind me of Rikku's daggers, especially this:

http://www.bladerealms.com/Hibben_Knives/The_Griffyn-2000.jpg

Gunblades
02-03-2005, 12:33 PM
gee thats just so damn stupid. im really not into these fantasy weapons that would do you damage before you could use them on someone else.

Yuffie514
02-03-2005, 02:00 PM
ah, so that's why you prefer something longer, like a gunblade :D ?

Gunblades
02-03-2005, 10:04 PM
:), not at all, look at all those blades pointing back over, it's impractical

feioncastor
02-04-2005, 04:31 AM
gee thats just so damn stupid. im really not into these fantasy weapons that would do you damage before you could use them on someone else.
Do you think that stabbing that weapon into someone wouldn't do them that much damage? Any weapon is capable of doing the bearer more damage than the target, if used improperly. With the right training and focus, you could easily kill someone with that knife without even hurting yourself.

Feion

Ultima Shadow
02-04-2005, 11:40 AM
Do you think that stabbing that weapon into someone wouldn't do them that much damage? Any weapon is capable of doing the bearer more damage than the target, if used improperly. With the right training and focus, you could easily kill someone with that knife without even hurting yourself.

Feion
Bah, a good weapon can be just to fight with. Not just stabb unprepared and unaware people.

That weapon would dissable many ways that you can use a normal knife in. Ofcourse it CAN be used to fight with. But it will be less effective and even a trained person could do himself dammage with it.

Gunblades
02-04-2005, 03:00 PM
feioncastor, if your even considering such a weapon then theres nothing that can help you. :) The fact is a cheeseknife can become a dangerous and deadly weapon easily capable of killing any opponant in the right hands. Never the less that thing is simply for show and hasnt had any practical thought put into it. Ive been fighting and teaching people to fight for years but you dont have to take my word for it.

Yuffie514
02-04-2005, 10:48 PM
The fact is a cheeseknife can become a dangerous and deadly weapon easily capable of killing any opponant in the right hands.

this might be a stupid remark to some, but Gunblades is right :) . ninjas have the tendency to turn harmless items into weapons :eek: :) . a folding fan could be a knife in a ninja's hand, while any type of wire or string could be used as a strangling wire ;) .

Sweet Beloved
02-04-2005, 10:59 PM
I could try martial arts But not for Zell! *Sweatdrop* And if that don't work, a stick!!!

Yuffie514
02-05-2005, 12:47 AM
I could try martial arts But not for Zell! *Sweatdrop* And if that don't work, a stick!!!

lol, good luck with the stick! :laughing:

Sweet Beloved
02-05-2005, 02:58 AM
well, i prefer to have a weapon in my hand anyway :D , based on the fact that not everyone is good w/their hands like Tifa or Zell :D .

AGREE!!!! AGREE!!!! *Sighs* Zell....Um, *Snaps back to reality* Anyway, I Agree with that. I'd love to use martial arts. Tifa's great. Using your fists are a great advantage like when Zell had to get the group's weapons in FF8 in the desert prison. He used his fists. Great.

Yuffie514
02-05-2005, 09:59 PM
don't their hands hurt from punching too many metal heads :D ? i know they have gauntlets, but, i think they could use some ice afterwards... :D

blue_midget192
02-05-2005, 11:35 PM
The fact is a cheeseknife can become a dangerous and deadly weapon easily capable of killing any opponant in the right hands.

the fact is that a cheeseknife is a deadly weapon, there realy sharp and pointy at then end :cry:

urm back to the weapons :) yumm....urm a sword, preferably kinda like Squalls gunbalde, but not so bulky looking, and double edged, with a blood groove :) and magic! :) i thouhgt up this sword that is only the hilt until you try and use it the blade appears out of no where..well, it kinda appears and 'clunks' into place :) if that makes any sense. :)

Yuffie514
02-06-2005, 02:47 AM
urm back to the weapons :) yumm....urm a sword, preferably kinda like Squalls gunbalde, but not so bulky looking, and double edged, with a blood groove :) and magic! :) i thouhgt up this sword that is only the hilt until you try and use it the blade appears out of no where..well, it kinda appears and 'clunks' into place :) if that makes any sense. :)

i don't seem to understand :confused: , but the then all of sudden i was thinking about a super string that can kill :p :eek: . pretty much like the boss from Ninja Scroll or Sesshomaru :tongue: .

Apollo
02-06-2005, 06:07 AM
The power of cheese

Gunblades
02-06-2005, 10:45 AM
well cheese itself causes damage to man but i wont go into that here.

Yuffie514 - although theres loads of differnt forms of unarmed martial arts alot of them practise deflection, useing anothers force against them, like the way water causes alot fo damage but follows the path of least resistance.

blue_midget192 - my point about a cheeseknife was in relation to ANYTHING being a dangerous weapon, in fact i have a scar on my stomach where i played football with a load of guys in armour, one stupid one who was a decent fighter, DIDNT take his damn cheeseknife out of his belt and when i tackled him form behind - cut - it pulled my tiisue ontot the outside and i wouldnt go to hospital.

we have all had gadgests that look good but are impractical or dont do the job very well. The same is true for weapons.

Quina
02-06-2005, 08:10 PM
Fork!

rubah
02-06-2005, 09:17 PM
The Blue Rajah!:D

or did he use spoons. . . I think by the end of the movie he wasn't too picky about what he threw.

Gunblades
02-07-2005, 04:00 PM
i threw cookies at someone once and they broke up into powerder, dusting their eyes like some ninja powder.

Yuffie514
02-07-2005, 05:01 PM
i threw cookies at someone once and they broke up into powerder, dusting their eyes like some ninja powder.

LOL :laughing: , did that person do something to get you mad :tongue: ? one time, my brother and i shot a dart at this lady at a outlet store and we ran out as fast as we can just before she saw us :laugh: .

Quina
02-08-2005, 03:20 AM
I think you should work on your recipe. Perhaps more butter next time.

Gunblades
02-08-2005, 07:58 PM
as long as it's vegan butter :)

actually i was 14 and visiting a mates house. I came out of his toilet and he had turned off all the lights and TV, my instincts told me what he was planning so i grabbed a couple of cookies/digestives from the counter. The fool shouted when he lept from the stairs so on instinct again i tossed the biscuits like shurikins, even those that hit the walls smashed into small peices and power blinding him. It just goes to show that you can use anything at hand to be a weapon.

I say i was 14 but i had already an accomplished swordsman at that age.

Ultima Shadow
02-08-2005, 08:01 PM
Exactly WHAT was he planning? :p

Gunblades
02-08-2005, 08:31 PM
lol, he liked to attack his older brother, he tried it on me.

Quina
02-09-2005, 02:06 AM
I don't know many vegan swordsmen. Actually I don't know many of either.

blue_midget192
02-09-2005, 02:16 PM
i don't seem to understand , but the then all of sudden i was thinking about a super string that can kill . pretty much like the boss from Ninja Scroll or Sesshomaru

yer it's ok, its very difficult to explian, and even more difficult to understand :P it's ok.

well cheese itself causes damage to man but i wont go into that here.

Yes *serious face* cheese is dangerous, take heed kiddies dont mess with cheese *points finger that means you! :) :D

Gunblades
02-09-2005, 03:52 PM
dont worry quina, many people dont even know what a vegan is and people ask if im part of some sci-fi cult lol. Would you belive i was in the Jobcenter yesterday and they asked what new jobs i was looking for, i said i didnt know, all my colledge and degress were in art, the only other thing im trained in is swordplay. They compared my skill to a man who bred snakes and wanted to go onto TV with them. I was so shocked i stutterd :) after a bit more mocking from this middleaged social worker i explained that the style i have tought is adaptable to anyform of handheld weaponry and unarmed combat, not to mention has given many ex studants the confidence to pursue promotions and get them. Perhaps the Evil Dead hoody i wore at the time made her think i was mad.

actually cheese isnt fully digestible and so leaves mucus/puss in you and actually TAKES calcium from your body because the cheese contains the wrong kind of calcium.

blue_midget192
02-09-2005, 05:38 PM
actually cheese isnt fully digestible and so leaves mucus/puss in you and actually TAKES calcium from your body because the cheese contains the wrong kind of calcium.

ooo creepy, didn't know that :) thats why me and my gf have realy bad muscusy colds :) because of the uber cheese intake :p

my mate and his mate had a disc fight, his mate had a ps and loads of '"crap" games, that he couldn't sell; so they had a fight with them in his back garden! :D However i was shocked that his amte was throwing FF 9 at him!! :eek:

Polaris
02-09-2005, 06:12 PM
Save The queen... have you seen smth where orange and green match? There on Save the Queen... is perfect...

Gunblades
02-09-2005, 06:41 PM
blue_midget192 - most dairy products cause puss etc while most wheat products cause mucus, but thats another topic for another time lol

WHAT WOULD YOUR ULTIMATE WEAPON BE.

i like the flame sabre in FF9

sanity's requiem
02-11-2005, 10:27 AM
a scythe, called the requiem

Gunblades
02-12-2005, 10:48 AM
ive wanted to put a scythe many times, it's just their capability to block and parry is quite difficult, good luck to ya

TDubz1270
02-14-2005, 06:23 PM
:) Give Me A Trusty Mamsume That Think Kicked Major Ars In 1 Execpt I Would Have 2 Lol I Would Be Hardcore Ninja Man~

turnitup5000db
02-14-2005, 09:56 PM
Staff chucks MADE of cheese would be unbeatable.

Gunblades
02-15-2005, 07:08 PM
staff-chucks, do you mean long nunchucks or those three part chucks?

crashNUMBERS
02-20-2005, 09:25 PM
A easy to use spear that can still whup ... well you know.
Ok not excactly easy to use but like fast and powerful with some sick designs. hell yeah!

Gunblades
02-21-2005, 03:39 PM
all spears are easy to use?

crashNUMBERS
02-21-2005, 04:22 PM
Thank you for the lesson "gunblades"!

Gunblades
02-22-2005, 03:01 PM
sorry, i didnt mean to cheese you off, it was just the first thing i thought of when i read your post.

crashNUMBERS
02-22-2005, 04:13 PM
Im just playing around :D

Strawberry_Mew
02-22-2005, 06:27 PM
I would have to say sephiroths masamune! ^_^ Yay for the long sword of doom!

Gunblades
02-23-2005, 04:34 PM
curved katanas are crap from the start :) make them even longer and it just looks worse lol

Gunblades
02-23-2005, 04:36 PM
a great big red right hand of doom :)

Yuffie514
02-23-2005, 05:03 PM
curved katanas are crap from the start :) make them even longer and it just looks worse lol

well, all katanas are curved :tongue: . Masamune doesn't look distorted to me :cool: . the longer, the cooler :cool: . now, i really don't like those wavey kris blades :mad: .

crashNUMBERS
02-23-2005, 05:18 PM
Actually yuff (can I call you that?) if it gets too long it will be hard to hold and it will look kinda handicaped. And g.blades whats the point of having a straight katana if it looks cooler with a curve.

Ultima Shadow
02-23-2005, 05:25 PM
the longer, the cooler :cool: . now, i really don't like those wavey kris blades :mad: .
And g.blades whats the point of having a straight katana if it looks cooler with a curve.
The cooler, the crappier when actually used. :p Well, it's not always like that... but most of the times it is.
That's why "fantasy-swords" and "movie-swords" works good as decoration but sucks when used in battle.

crashNUMBERS
02-23-2005, 05:50 PM
Haha lol :lol:

Yuffie514
02-23-2005, 09:47 PM
The cooler, the crappier when actually used. :p Well, it's not always like that... but most of the times it is.
That's why "fantasy-swords" and "movie-swords" works good as decoration but sucks when used in battle.

heh, it's not like i'm really gonna take up Sephiroth's Masamune and mutilate someone... :eek: :D :tongue:

Chris
02-23-2005, 10:00 PM
A giant spoon!

SPOOOOOOOOONER!

Gunblades
02-24-2005, 10:52 AM
you can get straight blade katanas Yuff

Crash, that curve is more of a weakness in combat, as for looking cool :) well thats asthetics for ya.

Lol Yuff, you may not, but i know alot of people who would, and you have to understand the fundamentals of a weapon if you want a good chance of walking away unhurt. Most people dont know how to hold really long swords correctly, so while they can swing them about with very little control, a competant person could easily beat them with a knife. But if you know how to hold them properly, you can cut a swath through everyone.

it may sound crazy me talking about weapons like this, but over here in the UK theres almost no guns. Only the armed police, the military and those evil farmers still carry guns. it's the truth that more often than not your likely to cum up aganst swords that were once used for decoration or re-inactment, or any number of martial arts weapons bought from catalouges.

it might seem your never gonna get attacked by a Bustersword, but all it takes is some dork to get one made because he's an FF fan, and either him to go mentally unstable or for someone to break in and steal it and it gets on the street and you might be the unlucky one on the other end.

Captain Maxx Power
02-24-2005, 11:29 AM
http://www.inkshop.org/lj/entryimages/spork.jpg 'Nuff said

Gunblades
02-24-2005, 05:13 PM
In midsomer murders the other week someone was going around beating people to death with a large spoon/ladle (more spoonlike). He just twatted them over the head untill they died.

blue_midget192
02-24-2005, 05:40 PM
In midsomer murders the other week someone was going around beating people to death with a large spoon/ladle (more spoonlike). He just twatted them over the head untill they died.

wow, how.....sick. what was his motive? was he the butler ? lol

Yuffie514
02-24-2005, 05:43 PM
straight blade katana? sounds more like a ninja-to to me :p . i've held katanas before :eek: :p ; not so heavy actually. i'm not dumb enough to cut myself :D . hey, if Yuff can wield a giant shuriken :p , why not a giant katana like nodachi :tongue: ? well, whatever :tongue: !

Gunblades
02-25-2005, 08:25 PM
well yes..sort of. He was the butler to a long lived posh englishmans club for teenagers (these things still exist for the rich), it was called the pudding club and the spoon was a ritual tool that he carried. He claimed he had to do it to protect the club, but he was nuts.

Yuff, the most easy thign i can think of to identify a straight blade katana is in the teenage mutant ninja turtles originally created by eastmen and laird in the 80's, leo used two straight blade katanas. I could go and search for the real thing online but im to lazy. Straight blade katanas had as much effort put into them as curved ones, the cured sword is simply more iconic. The ninja swords were made crudly and cheaply because of the nature of the ninja's existance, their swords were often used as steps and bats etc. It's said that if a ninja could, he would steal a samurias katana because of it's quality. Hold on, i might have a photo of a wooden one i had made...

righty-o, heres mine and yep, i have used it many times and fought lotsa differnt weaponry with it. I also remember now seeing straight katana for sale as ornamental weaponry, so maybe search things like battleorders or barrington swords :love:

EDIT: Please stop double posting. Use the edit button. -Murd

Yuffie514
02-26-2005, 01:05 AM
i always wanted one of those kendo sticks :) . looks like that thing can crush some bones :eek: :D . this guy in my state almost killed himself while playing with a sword :eek: after his mom specifically told him not to :mad: .

Gunblades
02-26-2005, 10:49 AM
kendo swords....now those are aweful, and from what i have seen from their fighting it's as usefull a whacking someone with a french loaf.

you get nutters all the time over here who go out and start chopping at police and cars. One poor bugger whos was mentaly ill collected swords, he was as soft as a pony but he was showing one of his swords to someone, the armed police turned up and because he didnt understand them telling him to put it down they shot him dead, poor bloke.